Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 07:02 PM  
Rain Man Rain Man is online now
No known superpowers
 
Rain Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In A World Few See
Casino cash: $8644
VARSITY
Top-Ten QBs: What to Expect.

Okay, let's assume that we're #1 and we draft Geno. What does Geno end up doing for us?

Recognizing that there's some controversy about whether he's a "normal #1 pick", let's look at the quarterbacks taken in the top 10 in the draft over the past 20 years. I'm not sure whether to include the last class or two since we don't know what we've got yet, but I'll throw them in.

I'm putting them in my own order of value, but feel free to rearrange. With some of the new guys, it's hard to place them right now.

Having said that, we've got the following gentlemen in our group.

90th percentile
Peyton Manning
Donovan McNabb
Steve McNair

80th percentile
Eli Manning
Drew Bledsoe
Robert Griffin III

70th percentile
Philip Rivers
Matthew Stafford
Matt Ryan
Cam Newton

60th percentile
Andrew Luck
Michael Vick
Carson Palmer

50th percentile
Kerry Collins
Trent Dilfer
Alex Smith

40th percentile
Sam Bradford
Jake Locker
Byron Leftwich

30th percentile
David Carr
Vince Young
Tim Couch
Ryan Tannehill

20th percentile
Mark Sanchez
Blaine Gabbert
Rick Mirer

10th percentile
Joey Harrington
Heath Shuler
Matt Leinert

0th percentile
Akili Smith
Jamarcus Russell
Ryan Leaf


So there's about a 30 percent chance that we'll get a total bust out of the deal, and another 30 percent that we'll get a game manager who is not a toad, but he's not going to carry the team. The other 40 percent looks pretty darn good, and since Geno will go #1, you hope that his odds are a little better than this.

What say you, rank and file members?
Posts: 77,561
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
-King- -King- is offline
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $18051
Quote:
60th percentile
Andrew Luck
Michael Vick
Carson Palmer

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.








Whoa.
__________________
43-8
Posts: 40,760
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
Rain Man Rain Man is online now
No known superpowers
 
Rain Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In A World Few See
Casino cash: $8644
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.








Whoa.

I detect some disagreement.

I'm not really sure what to do with Luck at this point. The team has rebounded, but they were only bad for one season. So is he the difference, or were they sucking for Luck?

I put RGIII higher primarily because he seems to have energized the fan base more. To be honest, I haven't seen Luck and haven't heard much about him. I figured he'd be one of the more controversial placements.
__________________
Welcome to NFL Sunday! At 11:00 see Peyton Manning flip off the top rope and clothesline Clay Matthews! At 2:00 Drew Brees will hit Terrell Suggs with a chair! Buy your Andrew Luck jersey and let's get reeeeeady to rummmmmble!
Posts: 77,561
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
Chiefnj2 Chiefnj2 is offline
MVP
 
Chiefnj2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Casino cash: $7902
What Geno or Barkley or Bray or Wilson can do for KC will be dependent in large part on the GM/HC/OC. All 4 of those guys SHOULD be the best QB in KC since Trent Green.
__________________
Seahawks 2012 & Forever. No more waiting on a QB.
Posts: 17,614
Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #5
mnchiefsguy mnchiefsguy is offline
MVP
 
mnchiefsguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Casino cash: $7474
No way is McNabb in the 90th percentile...and I would be willing to put Eli in his spot, based soley on his post-season play.

I think Luck can be moved up to 70th percentile, he has pretty much caught up with Cam Newton.

I would swap Tannehill and Locker.....maybe. That was my first gut reaction, but neither of them have lit a fire this year.

I think Geno is as good as Carson Palmer out of the box, and with the right coaching, he could move up to the 80th or 90th percentile in a few seasons.
__________________
Posts: 6,866
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
something cooler something cooler is offline
come to play
 
something cooler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Yeah, don't categorize luck with palmer, bud.
Posts: 2,244
something cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
Hoover Hoover is offline
Rufus Dawes Jr.
 
Hoover's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $8703
I don't get your rankings.

Where is Big Ben?
Eli Manning has won two super bowls.... but is behind McNabb?
Posts: 8,583
Hoover 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHoover 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHoover 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHoover 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHoover 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHoover 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHoover 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHoover 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHoover 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHoover 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHoover 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
something cooler something cooler is offline
come to play
 
something cooler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
I want bray at number one.
Posts: 2,244
something cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisomething cooler 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #9
Rain Man Rain Man is online now
No known superpowers
 
Rain Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In A World Few See
Casino cash: $8644
VARSITY
One pattern that clearly emerges is that we need to draft a quarterback whose last name starts with M.

I think I rate McNabb higher than some others, but the guy produced. Great arm, great scrambler, got his team to a Super Bowl and at least three more conference championships. He got things done.
__________________
Welcome to NFL Sunday! At 11:00 see Peyton Manning flip off the top rope and clothesline Clay Matthews! At 2:00 Drew Brees will hit Terrell Suggs with a chair! Buy your Andrew Luck jersey and let's get reeeeeady to rummmmmble!
Posts: 77,561
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
Rain Man Rain Man is online now
No known superpowers
 
Rain Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In A World Few See
Casino cash: $8644
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
I don't get your rankings.

Where is Big Ben?
Eli Manning has won two super bowls.... but is behind McNabb?
Ben wasn't a top ten pick.

Do people think that Manning carries the Giants? I think it was pretty clear that McNabb carried the Eagles.
__________________
Welcome to NFL Sunday! At 11:00 see Peyton Manning flip off the top rope and clothesline Clay Matthews! At 2:00 Drew Brees will hit Terrell Suggs with a chair! Buy your Andrew Luck jersey and let's get reeeeeady to rummmmmble!
Posts: 77,561
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #11
wazu wazu is online now
...
 
wazu's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2002
Casino cash: $9916
VARSITY
People, the rankings don't have to be perfect. The 30/30/40 odds are about the same however you personally want to juggle things.
Posts: 12,398
wazu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.wazu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.wazu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.wazu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.wazu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.wazu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.wazu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.wazu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.wazu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.wazu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.wazu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #12
WayneBowe WayneBowe is offline
Chiefs Kingdumb
 
WayneBowe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $5593
Hearing the name Matt Barkley makes me want to kick an infant.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zarth View Post

I can confirm that A-list celebs have sex just the same way we do.

Justin Verlander has an average cock and lightly trims his pubes.
Posts: 1,561
WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WayneBowe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #13
Rain Man Rain Man is online now
No known superpowers
 
Rain Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In A World Few See
Casino cash: $8644
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
No way is McNabb in the 90th percentile...and I would be willing to put Eli in his spot, based soley on his post-season play.
I can see that argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
I think Luck can be moved up to 70th percentile, he has pretty much caught up with Cam Newton.
Who do you move down in that scenario? Someone has to move down if Luck moves up. Note that Luck's QB rating this season is something like 75.
__________________
Welcome to NFL Sunday! At 11:00 see Peyton Manning flip off the top rope and clothesline Clay Matthews! At 2:00 Drew Brees will hit Terrell Suggs with a chair! Buy your Andrew Luck jersey and let's get reeeeeady to rummmmmble!
Posts: 77,561
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #14
Rain Man Rain Man is online now
No known superpowers
 
Rain Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In A World Few See
Casino cash: $8644
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
People, the rankings don't have to be perfect. The 33/33/33 odds are about the same however you personally want to juggle things.
Good point, and I think that's the bottom line.

Regardless of the details, we can see that we have about a 40 percent chance of getting a QB that will make the team significantly stronger, a 30 percent chance that he'll be an anchor, and a 30 percent chance that he'll just float along. Overall, I think those are good odds.
__________________
Welcome to NFL Sunday! At 11:00 see Peyton Manning flip off the top rope and clothesline Clay Matthews! At 2:00 Drew Brees will hit Terrell Suggs with a chair! Buy your Andrew Luck jersey and let's get reeeeeady to rummmmmble!
Posts: 77,561
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #15
theelusiveeightrop theelusiveeightrop is offline
Spiraling down the Drain
 
theelusiveeightrop's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dante's Ninth Circle
Casino cash: $11348
Post season play is all that matters. Eli has two Super Bowl wins, like him or not. Better than McNabb by a ways, and even better than his brother.
__________________
"We're both part of the same hypocrisy, Senator, but never think it applies to my family."

2014 Adopt a Chief - Travis Kelce #87
Posts: 20,275
theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:52 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.