Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 08:11 AM  
milkman milkman is offline
Dumbass!
 
milkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Leading the Marty bashing
Casino cash: $7360
Bears hire new head coach

Oh......Hugh Janus

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...9&postcount=25

Marc Trestman the Bears new coach.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4315--nfl.html

Tell me how no team is talking to Marc Trestman again Hugh.


Props to DeBerg for the news and link.
Posts: 64,348
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
KCtotheSB KCtotheSB is offline
Pessimistically optimistic.
 
KCtotheSB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Casino cash: $7011
CANADIAN FOOTBALL!!!!!
Posts: 6,434
KCtotheSB 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KCtotheSB 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KCtotheSB 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KCtotheSB 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KCtotheSB 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KCtotheSB 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KCtotheSB 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KCtotheSB 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KCtotheSB 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KCtotheSB 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KCtotheSB 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $8295
This is the most intriguing hire of them all IMO. At first glance, your like "Huh, what?"

But then you dig into his resume and its solid. Hes had success with alot of different QBs and coaches.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,853
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
KILLER_CLOWN KILLER_CLOWN is offline
Be HEALED!!!!!!!
 
KILLER_CLOWN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Fascist State
Casino cash: $5175
Cassel to Chicago, yup.
__________________
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father ... And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

"If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 24,196
KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Johnny Vegas Johnny Vegas is offline
lets talk about ME!
 
Johnny Vegas's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2008
Casino cash: $6775
finally. I was worried both of you were going to be wrong.
Posts: 3,954
Johnny Vegas Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Johnny Vegas Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Johnny Vegas Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Johnny Vegas Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Johnny Vegas Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Johnny Vegas Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Johnny Vegas Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Johnny Vegas Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Johnny Vegas Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Johnny Vegas Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Johnny Vegas Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #6
KCChiefsFan88 KCChiefsFan88 is offline
Wanted: A Franchise QB
 
KCChiefsFan88's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Miami, FL
Casino cash: $6224
This best describes the Bears decision to hire Trestman. No need to add anything further:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...zzling-at-best


The Bears' hire of Marc Trestman puzzling, at best

By Mike Freeman | National NFL Insider

The last time Marc Trestman coached in the NFL was almost nine years ago, for one season with the Miami Dolphins. He has spent the past five years with the franchise known for churning out dozens of coaching legends that dominate the NFL. You know the franchise: The Montreal Alouettes.

So he's been away from the NFL for almost a decade. He has coached in an inferior football system for the past five in a country more known for hockey and syrup than football. And he's the hire for the Chicago Bears? Wow.

It's absolutely stunning than an NFL team would hire Trestman. Anyone can rack up huge offensive numbers coaching in Canada. They don't play defense and the field is 700 yards wide. Anyone can coach a team to a Grey Cup. My grandma could coach in the Grey Cup. In fact, I'm pretty sure my grandma has coached in the Grey Cup. Don't get me wrong. I love the CFL. I love Canada. I LOVE CANADA! I just don't believe someone who has been coaching there for five years and out of the NFL for almost twice that time is a solid NFL head coaching hire.

The Bears hired Trestman thinking he can fix Jay Cutler when Cutler is unfixable. Cutler always will be up and down, great one minute -- throwing multiple picks the next. Nothing is going to change that. Cutler never will be an elite thrower because his head isn't screwed on right. Unless Trestman is a therapist or hypnotist Cutler will be Cutler.

Cutler is a coach killer and Trestman is next up on the chopping block.

Trestman's website says some of the quarterbacks he's coached include Brock Osweiler, Brandon Weeden, Jimmy Clausen, Jason Campbell and -- wait for it -- Tim Tebow.

That's a stellar lineup. What, no Ryan Leaf?

Steve Young says he worked with Trestman in mid-1990s and called him a brilliant offensive mind. That's quite an endorsement, but Young probably was being more polite than anything. If Trestman is so brilliant, why was the Montreal Alouettes' gig the only head coaching job he was offered before the Bears?

And again, he worked with Young in the 1990s. In the NFL universe, that was eons ago. That was the Pleistocene Age.

Where Trestman can prove me wrong is if he follows the Marv Levy career path. Levy spent four years coaching the Alouettes before becoming the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. But then again, Levy is one of the more brilliant coaching minds in NFL history, and he was still eventually fired by the Chiefs.

This Bears hire isn't only risky. It's head-shaking and not in a good way.
Posts: 8,450
KCChiefsFan88 has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #7
KCChiefsFan88 KCChiefsFan88 is offline
Wanted: A Franchise QB
 
KCChiefsFan88's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Miami, FL
Casino cash: $6224
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
Oh......Hugh Janus

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...9&postcount=25

Marc Trestman the Bears new coach.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4315--nfl.html

Tell me how no team is talking to Marc Trestman again Hugh.


Props to DeBerg for the news and link.
When Trestman fails in Chicago, Milkjizz will try to hide from his support of Trestman as a HC candidate.
Posts: 8,450
KCChiefsFan88 has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #8
milkman milkman is offline
Dumbass!
 
milkman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Leading the Marty bashing
Casino cash: $7360
Doesn't matter what some other asshat thinks of the hire.

You were wrong.
__________________
Posts: 64,348
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #9
Brock Brock is offline
Do it.
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
When Trestman fails in Chicago, Milkjizz will try to hide from his support of Trestman as a HC candidate.
Like you hide from your support of "Fat Scott" as a GM candidate?
Posts: 42,713
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #10
milkman milkman is offline
Dumbass!
 
milkman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Leading the Marty bashing
Casino cash: $7360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
When Trestman fails in Chicago, Milkjizz will try to hide from his support of Trestman as a HC candidate.
I have never hidden from my mistakes.

I liked Mark Sanchez coming out.
I didn't like Drew Brees coming out.

I thought Bellichik was a stupid hire by the Patriots.

I am not afraid to own my mistakes, but I have been right far more than I have been wrong.

And the fact that Trestman learned from one of the best offensive minds in NFL history, and then succeeded on a league that is wide open offensively, and the NFL has evolved into a wide open offense league suggests that he has the tools to succeed.
__________________
Posts: 64,348
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #11
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $8295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
This best describes the Bears decision to hire Trestman. No need to add anything further:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...zzling-at-best


The Bears' hire of Marc Trestman puzzling, at best

By Mike Freeman | National NFL Insider

The last time Marc Trestman coached in the NFL was almost nine years ago, for one season with the Miami Dolphins. He has spent the past five years with the franchise known for churning out dozens of coaching legends that dominate the NFL. You know the franchise: The Montreal Alouettes.

So he's been away from the NFL for almost a decade. He has coached in an inferior football system for the past five in a country more known for hockey and syrup than football. And he's the hire for the Chicago Bears? Wow.

It's absolutely stunning than an NFL team would hire Trestman. Anyone can rack up huge offensive numbers coaching in Canada. They don't play defense and the field is 700 yards wide. Anyone can coach a team to a Grey Cup. My grandma could coach in the Grey Cup. In fact, I'm pretty sure my grandma has coached in the Grey Cup. Don't get me wrong. I love the CFL. I love Canada. I LOVE CANADA! I just don't believe someone who has been coaching there for five years and out of the NFL for almost twice that time is a solid NFL head coaching hire.

The Bears hired Trestman thinking he can fix Jay Cutler when Cutler is unfixable. Cutler always will be up and down, great one minute -- throwing multiple picks the next. Nothing is going to change that. Cutler never will be an elite thrower because his head isn't screwed on right. Unless Trestman is a therapist or hypnotist Cutler will be Cutler.

Cutler is a coach killer and Trestman is next up on the chopping block.

Trestman's website says some of the quarterbacks he's coached include Brock Osweiler, Brandon Weeden, Jimmy Clausen, Jason Campbell and -- wait for it -- Tim Tebow.

That's a stellar lineup. What, no Ryan Leaf?

Steve Young says he worked with Trestman in mid-1990s and called him a brilliant offensive mind. That's quite an endorsement, but Young probably was being more polite than anything. If Trestman is so brilliant, why was the Montreal Alouettes' gig the only head coaching job he was offered before the Bears?

And again, he worked with Young in the 1990s. In the NFL universe, that was eons ago. That was the Pleistocene Age.

Where Trestman can prove me wrong is if he follows the Marv Levy career path. Levy spent four years coaching the Alouettes before becoming the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. But then again, Levy is one of the more brilliant coaching minds in NFL history, and he was still eventually fired by the Chiefs.

This Bears hire isn't only risky. It's head-shaking and not in a good way.
I do agree with this guy about Cutler. He is what he is. Hes a finished product already. Hes in that same boat as Rivers, Romo, Schaub by holding their teams in some sort of football purgatory. They are all ok, but their ceiling has been reached. Teams dont want to risk dumping them for fear of getting stuck with someting worse.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,853
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #12
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
What? What?
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $8084
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
And the fact that Trestman learned from one of the best offensive minds in NFL history
Marty?

Posts: 61,766
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #13
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
What? What?
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $8084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
I do agree with this guy about Cutler. He is what he is. Hes a finished product already. Hes in that same boat as Rivers, Romo, Schaub by holding their teams in some sort of football purgatory. They are all ok, but their ceiling has been reached. Teams dont want to risk dumping them for fear of getting stuck with someting worse.
Yep.

Until they get rid of Cutler, they won't be a great team.
Posts: 61,766
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #14
-King- -King- is online now
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $9168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
This is the most intriguing hire of them all IMO. At first glance, your like "Huh, what?"

But then you dig into his resume and its solid.
It is?

Quote:
Hes had success with alot of different QBs and coaches.
He has?

Here's his resume:



How is that solid by any stretch of the imagination? The guy has bounced around more than anybody I've seen. His only successful stint was with the Raiders for 2 years.
__________________
43-8
Posts: 39,309
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #15
-King- -King- is online now
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $9168
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
And the fact that Trestman learned from one of the best offensive minds in NFL history, and then succeeded on a league that is wide open offensively, and the NFL has evolved into a wide open offense league suggests that he has the tools to succeed.
Just because a league is wide open offensively doesn't mean that it translates to the NFL. Arena league is wide open offensively, but I wouldn't hire the best arena league head coach to be anything more than a position coach.

The best CFL defense is worse than the worst defense in NFL history.
__________________
43-8
Posts: 39,309
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:12 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.