Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 08:41 AM  
Braincase Braincase is offline
Captain Nemo
 
Braincase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Brownbackistan
Casino cash: $5120
***** OFFICIAL 2013 KANSAS FOOTBALL THREAD *****

It's a New Year, and with new recruits coming in and some actual expectations for the coming season, it seemed the right time to start a new thread.

Let's get back to where we used to be...

Roster (from Jayhawk Slant)
Spoiler!





Date Opponent

Sept. 7 SOUTH DAKOTA W 31-14


Sept. 14 at Rice L 14-23


Sept. 21 LOUISIANA TECH W 13-10


Sept. 28 Bye Week

Oct. 5 TEXAS TECH* L 54-16


Oct. 12 at TCU* L 27-17


Oct. 19 OKLAHOMA* L 34-19


Oct. 26 BAYLOR* L 59-14


Nov. 2 at Texas* L 35-13


Nov. 9 at Oklahoma State* L 42-6


Nov. 16 WEST VIRGINIA* W 31-19


Nov. 23 at Iowa State* L 34-0


Nov. 30 KANSAS STATE* L 31-10



Last edited by Braincase; 11-30-2013 at 01:18 PM..
Posts: 15,002
Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #1891
Ceej Ceej is offline
BOOM!1!
 
Ceej's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $5282
What's Peyton Manning doing at a Jayhawks game?
Posts: 16,272
Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #1892
Braincase Braincase is offline
Captain Nemo
 
Braincase's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Brownbackistan
Casino cash: $5120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
You couldn't write a worse game/season...
Yes you can. Ask Marshall or Wichita State.
__________________
BrainCase

I'm not procrastinating. I'm prioritizing.
Posts: 15,002
Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #1893
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is online now
The Bitch is back
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $5975
People are pretty much beyond Chunky Charlie's tired act. Calling his players piles of crap was funny for media people but I doubt the athletes liked it much. No improvement in the least whereas both Mason & Mangino had already shown tremendous strides year two.


Sad thing is, according to analytics, Charlie's two teams are identical to Gill's. Identical.
__________________
Who wants to see Lebron in a gimp mask being a human bobblehead?
Spoiler!
Posts: 13,214
Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #1894
Bambi Bambi is online now
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $5450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
People are pretty much beyond Chunky Charlie's tired act. Calling his players piles of crap was funny for media people but I doubt the athletes liked it much. No improvement in the least whereas both Mason & Mangino had already shown tremendous strides year two.


Sad thing is, according to analytics, Charlie's two teams are identical to Gill's. Identical.
Mangino took KU to the BCS and won.

Mason took KU to a major bowl and destroyed a perennial power in UCLA.

Can Weis do the same? Who knows.

But we all know it can be done as we've seen it before. I suppose we'll have to endure another Final Four season while we wait. It is what it is.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 12,193
Bambi has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #1895
Braincase Braincase is offline
Captain Nemo
 
Braincase's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Brownbackistan
Casino cash: $5120
FOlks can grunt, groan, bitch, moan about Weis all they want. He's honest, and he's brought some discipline back to the program. I'm glad he showed 30 layabouts the door when he showed up. They guys that talk about firing him and starting over aren't the guys that have to come up with money for a buyout after having to pay for two other buyouts. Hell, most don't even have season tickets. There's a reason coaches ask for and receive 5 years guaranteed. You think any coach is going to try and tackle this program without a 5 year g? Sorry guys, but for better or worse, we need to let this one play out.
__________________
BrainCase

I'm not procrastinating. I'm prioritizing.
Posts: 15,002
Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #1896
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is online now
The Bitch is back
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $5975
Someone on the Journal World did make a good point: Baylor is 6th in the country now. Top 5 teams destroyed Tennessee, UCLA, NC State, Penn State. Some pretty big names crushed this weekend.
__________________
Who wants to see Lebron in a gimp mask being a human bobblehead?
Spoiler!
Posts: 13,214
Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #1897
HolyHandgernade HolyHandgernade is offline
Integralist
 
HolyHandgernade's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Murrieta, CA
Casino cash: $5040
Don't overreact to Baylor. They're very good this year and are going to embarrass a lot of teams. Instead of looking at what has been done, the real question to ask is what has to happen the rest of the way for you to have confidence going into Year 3. Just about anyone who follows football knows Year 3 is the critical year for evaluation. Year 3 is when you really have all "your guys". Everyone is familiar, everyone knows their roles. Of course, years like this past 1 1/2 are hard to take, but let's not forget where we were before this. So, what do you need to see?

@ UT

We've never won there, so I basically want to see this team bounce back after a hard loss and be competitive. If we're in it going into the 4th, that's improvement.

@OSU

This could be another hard game, and while I want to see competitiveness throughout, I'm not going to hold a potential road blowout hard against them.

WVU

This is the game KU really needs to make a stand. We won't be favored, but if Weis can pull off the home victory here, I think it turns the program around going into Year 3. Again, I'm not predicting victory, the team hasn't earned that distinction yet. But, if they really want to build momentum into the off season, this is the statement game that the program is moving forward.

@ISU

If we win (or at least in it to the end), this game is the chance to end the road loss blues and further build confidence in 2014. If we get blown out against WVU, I don't see us rebounding for this game.

KSU

If we come into this game on a two game winning streak, this could be the cherry on top. If the previous two just put us in the flat spin, this is where we crash and burn... hard. Even with that, Weis will get Year 3, but with zero momentum. End on a three game win streak, everything get energized: recruiting, offseason, fan support.

I don't see Z yanking until after Year 3, it would be incredibly stupid if we do. If Year 3 doesn't see at minimum a .500 year, then, yes, we may be paying another coach not to coach.
__________________
You'll see it's all a show, keep 'em laughing as you go, just remember, the last laugh is on you, and always look on the bright side of life!
Posts: 3,390
HolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #1898
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $5400
What are the chances that Charlie just walks away on his own? He doesn't seem to enjoy this, and he can't need the money. I could see him saying, "This isn't working out for Kansas, and it isn't working out for me...let's just call it what it is".

He could go back to the NFL and do what he is actually good at rather than wasting everybody's time (and the school's money) on something that isn't making anyone happy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,579
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #1899
Buehler445 Buehler445 is offline
Supporter
 
Buehler445's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scott City KS
Casino cash: $5582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braincase View Post
FOlks can grunt, groan, bitch, moan about Weis all they want. He's honest, and he's brought some discipline back to the program. I'm glad he showed 30 layabouts the door when he showed up. They guys that talk about firing him and starting over aren't the guys that have to come up with money for a buyout after having to pay for two other buyouts. Hell, most don't even have season tickets. There's a reason coaches ask for and receive 5 years guaranteed. You think any coach is going to try and tackle this program without a 5 year g? Sorry guys, but for better or worse, we need to let this one play out.
Really good post. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade View Post
Don't overreact to Baylor. They're very good this year and are going to embarrass a lot of teams. Instead of looking at what has been done, the real question to ask is what has to happen the rest of the way for you to have confidence going into Year 3. Just about anyone who follows football knows Year 3 is the critical year for evaluation. Year 3 is when you really have all "your guys". Everyone is familiar, everyone knows their roles. Of course, years like this past 1 1/2 are hard to take, but let's not forget where we were before this. So, what do you need to see?

@ UT

We've never won there, so I basically want to see this team bounce back after a hard loss and be competitive. If we're in it going into the 4th, that's improvement.

@OSU

This could be another hard game, and while I want to see competitiveness throughout, I'm not going to hold a potential road blowout hard against them.

WVU

This is the game KU really needs to make a stand. We won't be favored, but if Weis can pull off the home victory here, I think it turns the program around going into Year 3. Again, I'm not predicting victory, the team hasn't earned that distinction yet. But, if they really want to build momentum into the off season, this is the statement game that the program is moving forward.

@ISU

If we win (or at least in it to the end), this game is the chance to end the road loss blues and further build confidence in 2014. If we get blown out against WVU, I don't see us rebounding for this game.

KSU

If we come into this game on a two game winning streak, this could be the cherry on top. If the previous two just put us in the flat spin, this is where we crash and burn... hard. Even with that, Weis will get Year 3, but with zero momentum. End on a three game win streak, everything get energized: recruiting, offseason, fan support.

I don't see Z yanking until after Year 3, it would be incredibly stupid if we do. If Year 3 doesn't see at minimum a .500 year, then, yes, we may be paying another coach not to coach.
If we hit a 3 game win streak, I'll cum all over myself. Probably you too. Not sure where you are but if we win there are going to be a lot of people get some cum on them.
Posts: 21,403
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #1900
Bambi Bambi is online now
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $5450
A Baylor - Oregon NC game would be entertaining. Not necessarily good...but entertaining.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 12,193
Bambi has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #1901
Mr. Plow Mr. Plow is offline
Bitterness
 
Mr. Plow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mmmmmm....Forbidden Donut
Casino cash: $5330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
If we hit a 3 game win streak, I'll cum all over myself. Probably you too. Not sure where you are but if we win there are going to be a lot of people get some cum on them.
I'm aiming for you.
Posts: 23,887
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #1902
ArrowheadHawk ArrowheadHawk is online now
Bringing the Pain!
 
ArrowheadHawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Casino cash: $5225
Shit I'd take a one game conference win streak.
__________________
Posts: 15,107
ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #1903
Mr. Plow Mr. Plow is offline
Bitterness
 
Mr. Plow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mmmmmm....Forbidden Donut
Casino cash: $5330
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk View Post
Shit I'd take a one game conference win streak.
I'm aiming for you too.
Posts: 23,887
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #1904
chiefsfan987 chiefsfan987 is offline
MVP
 
chiefsfan987's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Casino cash: $5000
FFS Weis, it's not that hard to find a serviceable kicker. How on gods green earth for the second season in a row we can't find one guy that can make a kick from beyond the 10 yard line at a reasonable rate? Even division 2 schools have better kickers than we've trotted out there the last few years.
Posts: 5,027
chiefsfan987 has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #1905
Mr_Tomahawk Mr_Tomahawk is online now
Prestige Worldwide
 
Mr_Tomahawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spring Hill, KS
Casino cash: $5475
Is it that tough to find a college kicker...?
__________________
Adopt-A-Chief: Tyler Bray
Posts: 14,175
Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.