Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 08:41 AM  
Braincase Braincase is online now
Captain Nemo
 
Braincase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Brownbackistan
Casino cash: $1087295
***** OFFICIAL 2013 KANSAS FOOTBALL THREAD *****

It's a New Year, and with new recruits coming in and some actual expectations for the coming season, it seemed the right time to start a new thread.

Let's get back to where we used to be...

Roster (from Jayhawk Slant)
Spoiler!





Date Opponent

Sept. 7 SOUTH DAKOTA W 31-14


Sept. 14 at Rice L 14-23


Sept. 21 LOUISIANA TECH W 13-10


Sept. 28 Bye Week

Oct. 5 TEXAS TECH* L 54-16


Oct. 12 at TCU* L 27-17


Oct. 19 OKLAHOMA* L 34-19


Oct. 26 BAYLOR* L 59-14


Nov. 2 at Texas* L 35-13


Nov. 9 at Oklahoma State* L 42-6


Nov. 16 WEST VIRGINIA* W 31-19


Nov. 23 at Iowa State* L 34-0


Nov. 30 KANSAS STATE* L 31-10



Last edited by Braincase; 11-30-2013 at 01:18 PM..
Posts: 14,922
Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #256
ChiTown ChiTown is offline
Stroking to Andy's Man Boobs
 
ChiTown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Flatlands of Kansas
Casino cash: $9630
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle View Post
Huh?
Ha! Cell phone auto correct. Pretty good shot. Not petite shit.
__________________
Posts: 15,794
ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #257
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $124106
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
they stole money and weed
Posted via Mobile Device
Did homeboy post bail yet or is he still sitting in the new jail on K-10?
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,529
Bambi has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #258
Mr_Tomahawk Mr_Tomahawk is offline
Prestige Worldwide
 
Mr_Tomahawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spring Hill, KS
Casino cash: $111590
Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider4m
Ravens cut quarterback Dayne Crist when they signed wide receiver Marcus Rivers

Didn't even know he was trying out with the ravens...
__________________
Adopt-A-Chief: Tyler Bray
Posts: 13,103
Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #259
ArrowheadHawk ArrowheadHawk is offline
Bringing the Pain!
 
ArrowheadHawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Casino cash: $91102
Just heard KU scheduled a series with Hawaii. I may have to go to Honolulu in 2017.
__________________
Posts: 15,050
ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #260
Lzen Lzen is offline
MVP
 
Lzen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Topeka
Casino cash: $137959
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
Ha! Cell phone auto correct. Pretty good shot. Not petite shit.
__________________
I haven't seen a beatin' like that since somebody stuck a banana in my pants and turned a monkey loose.
Posts: 29,986
Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Lzen is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #261
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $124106
And let the architectural renderings of the new Memorial Stadium begin...

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2013/j...tructure-come/
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,529
Bambi has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #262
chiefsfan987 chiefsfan987 is offline
Veteran
 
chiefsfan987's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Casino cash: $41462
Wierd question. Did KU change from being called Jayhawkers to Jayhawks at some point in their history? I just happened to see this youtube and thought it was odd that the announcer in this game called KU "Jayhawkers" every time he mentioned them. He never once said Jayhawks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGsQGkZTPPc
Posts: 4,791
chiefsfan987 has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:38 AM   #263
RustShack RustShack is offline
**** That Noise
 
RustShack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jack Trice
Casino cash: $96738
My guess would be the announcer was from Nebraska.
__________________


Follow this guy on Twitter @Daddy_Rusty
Posts: 12,263
RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #264
Braincase Braincase is online now
Captain Nemo
 
Braincase's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Brownbackistan
Casino cash: $1087295
Chris Martin dismissed from team.

Link

KU football player Chris Martin dismissed from team

By Matt Tait


Kansas University football coach Charlie Weis has dismissed junior defensive end Chris Martin from the program, KU announced through a press release this afternoon.
Martin, a 6-foot-5, 260-pound junior college transfer who played at Florida in 2011 and City College of San Francisco in 2012, was one of three men arrested on suspicion of robbing cash and marijuana from victims at gunpoint at a home on Camelback Drive on May 13.


The former five-star prospect who was projected as a starter during the upcoming season remains in an ongoing legal battle but will not move forward as a member of the KU football team.


“Due to recent incidents Chris Martin was involved with, he was given a list of stipulations he was required to meet for him to remain a member of the Kansas Football team," Weis said in the release. "Because he did not follow some of those stipulations we have dismissed him from the team.”


Martin has been in trouble with the law before. He was cited for marijuana possession while playing at Florida and later transferred from the school. He came to Kansas to reunite with Weis, whom he originally committed to out of high school when Weis was still the head coach at Notre Dame. Their past connection, coupled with Weis' willingness to give talented players a second chance while trying to turn KU football around, seemingly made the reunion a good match, but less than five months into his stay in Lawrence, Martin ran into trouble that cost him his chance to be a Jayhawk and may have jeopardize his promising football career.



Martin's next court appearance is scheduled for June 24. That’s when he could learn whether he will go to trial for aggravated robbery or if the charges will be changed or perhaps even dropped. Sources told the Journal-World that the decision to remove him from the team would not change regardless of the outcome of his legal case.
Sophomore Ben Goodman, a 6-3, 255-pound defensive end who was listed behind Martin at the Buck position on KU's pre-spring depth chart, figures to get the first crack at earning first-team reps at the position. Junior Michael Reynolds, senior Jordan Tavai and senior Keba Agostinho also could compete for playing time. Juco transfer Andrew Bolton, who has not yet arrived on campus, also figures to factor into the mix prominently at one of KU's two defensive end spots.
__________________
BrainCase
Posts: 14,922
Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:22 AM   #265
ChiTown ChiTown is offline
Stroking to Andy's Man Boobs
 
ChiTown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Flatlands of Kansas
Casino cash: $9630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braincase View Post
Chris Martin dismissed from team.

Link

KU football player Chris Martin dismissed from team

By Matt Tait


Kansas University football coach Charlie Weis has dismissed junior defensive end Chris Martin from the program, KU announced through a press release this afternoon.
Martin, a 6-foot-5, 260-pound junior college transfer who played at Florida in 2011 and City College of San Francisco in 2012, was one of three men arrested on suspicion of robbing cash and marijuana from victims at gunpoint at a home on Camelback Drive on May 13.


The former five-star prospect who was projected as a starter during the upcoming season remains in an ongoing legal battle but will not move forward as a member of the KU football team.


“Due to recent incidents Chris Martin was involved with, he was given a list of stipulations he was required to meet for him to remain a member of the Kansas Football team," Weis said in the release. "Because he did not follow some of those stipulations we have dismissed him from the team.”


Martin has been in trouble with the law before. He was cited for marijuana possession while playing at Florida and later transferred from the school. He came to Kansas to reunite with Weis, whom he originally committed to out of high school when Weis was still the head coach at Notre Dame. Their past connection, coupled with Weis' willingness to give talented players a second chance while trying to turn KU football around, seemingly made the reunion a good match, but less than five months into his stay in Lawrence, Martin ran into trouble that cost him his chance to be a Jayhawk and may have jeopardize his promising football career.



Martin's next court appearance is scheduled for June 24. That’s when he could learn whether he will go to trial for aggravated robbery or if the charges will be changed or perhaps even dropped. Sources told the Journal-World that the decision to remove him from the team would not change regardless of the outcome of his legal case.
Sophomore Ben Goodman, a 6-3, 255-pound defensive end who was listed behind Martin at the Buck position on KU's pre-spring depth chart, figures to get the first crack at earning first-team reps at the position. Junior Michael Reynolds, senior Jordan Tavai and senior Keba Agostinho also could compete for playing time. Juco transfer Andrew Bolton, who has not yet arrived on campus, also figures to factor into the mix prominently at one of KU's two defensive end spots.
An entire list of zero people were shocked by this. It's the reason nobody offered this guy out of JUCO. He's mega-talented, but can't stay out of trouble. You are way better off without this mega POS.
__________________
Posts: 15,794
ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #266
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $124106
New 3rd tier deal has been signed. The details on this should be interesting.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2013/j...verage-access/
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,529
Bambi has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #267
Braincase Braincase is online now
Captain Nemo
 
Braincase's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Brownbackistan
Casino cash: $1087295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
An entire list of zero people were shocked by this. It's the reason nobody offered this guy out of JUCO. He's mega-talented, but can't stay out of trouble. You are way better off without this mega POS.
Yep. I think this falls under the "And not a single **** was given" category.
__________________
BrainCase
Posts: 14,922
Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #268
Saul Good Saul Good is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $184025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braincase View Post
Yep. I think this falls under the "And not a single **** was given" category.
Do you live in Larry?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,539
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #269
Braincase Braincase is online now
Captain Nemo
 
Braincase's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Brownbackistan
Casino cash: $1087295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
Do you live in Larry?
Yep. Wife's been faculty since 2001. I work in Leawood.
__________________
BrainCase
Posts: 14,922
Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #270
Saul Good Saul Good is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $184025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braincase View Post
Yep. Wife's been faculty since 2001. I work in Leawood.
Was this a big deal in the community (take football out of the equation)? Lawrence isn't that big, so I would think that this type of thing isn't common.

Do you think it's going to make Charlie reconsider his position on giving troubled players a second chance?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,539
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.