Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 07:42 PM  
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $5375
****The OFFICIAL 2013 Mizzou Tigers Basketball Thread****

MIZ-SEC
Posts: 30,579
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #2491
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $5375
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I think that our rebounding edge beautifies the offensive execution in the half court.

The largest portion of blame can be put upon Pressey for the last minute failures, but at the same time, the people calling that play are also designing the rest of the offensive possessions, and the lack of creativity in final possessions is not all that different from the offensive spell we go through when the team stands around the three point line.

When we need a bucket we generally clear out and dump it into Oriakhi in the post. It's good strategy, but it's not indicative of a crisply executing offensive team.

Look at the difference in the clean looks on last year's team, which had worse athletes off the dribble, and this year's team, which should be able to drive and kick or finish on nearly every possession.
I don't disagree (except for the Oriakhi part...I think he's terrible when you dump the ball to him in the post. We do it to keep him involved, but that's another conversation altogether).

That said, part of our offensive strategy is to penetrate, get the ball on the rim/glass, and let our bigs clean up. We get nearly 40% of our own misses back.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,579
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #2492
'Hamas' Jenkins 'Hamas' Jenkins is offline
Emptying the Trash
 
'Hamas' Jenkins's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Casino cash: $5540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
I don't disagree (except for the Oriakhi part...I think he's terrible when you dump the ball to him in the post. We do it to keep him involved, but that's another conversation altogether).

That said, part of our offensive strategy is to penetrate, get the ball on the rim/glass, and let our bigs clean up. We get nearly 40% of our own misses back.
I know that's the conventional wisdom with Oriakhi, but although he started the year off with a terrible case of hands, he's actually been pretty reliable on those possessions when we do dump it into him. Especially since conference play began.

Agreed on part of our strategy, but the best way to do that is to drive and finish at the hole rather than take threes, which lead to long rebounds and obviate size advantages and put backs. We've done much better the last three games at attacking the basket, but it's just a trend at this point; we need more.
__________________
A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try.
Posts: 57,528
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #2493
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $5375
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I know that's the conventional wisdom with Oriakhi, but although he started the year off with a terrible case of hands, he's actually been pretty reliable on those possessions when we do dump it into him. Especially since conference play began.

Agreed on part of our strategy, but the best way to do that is to drive and finish at the hole rather than take threes, which lead to long rebounds and obviate size advantages and put backs. We've done much better the last three games at attacking the basket, but it's just a trend at this point; we need more.
The longer Oriakhi is in contact with the ball, the less likely he is to score. He's great at put backs and presenting a target when his man leaves him to help on defense. When he has to work for a shot, he travels, charges, or throws up an awkward hook.

Agree on the last three games. We have been BY FAR the most efficient team in the country over that stretch (1.321 with second best being 1.265). That is impossibly good.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,579
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #2494
KcMizzou KcMizzou is offline
Supporter
 
KcMizzou's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parkville MO
Casino cash: $5215
Steve Walentik ‏@Steve_Walentik

#Mizzou can end up anywhere from No. 2 through No. 6. Only one scenario has Tigers as the No. 4 seed.

Steve Walentik ‏@Steve_Walentik

#Mizzou ends up No. 2 in five scenarios and No. 3 in three scenarios (all involving wins at Tennessee).
Posts: 54,695
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #2495
'Hamas' Jenkins 'Hamas' Jenkins is offline
Emptying the Trash
 
'Hamas' Jenkins's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Casino cash: $5540
25-9 will get us a 5, IMO.
__________________
A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try.
Posts: 57,528
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #2496
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $5375
We are currently 29th in RPI, 18 in both KenPom and Sagarin.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,579
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #2497
gblowfish gblowfish is offline
Be Kind To Your Pets
 
gblowfish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Glorious Independence, MO
Casino cash: $5950
VARSITY
None of this matters. Mizzou will not make it out of the first NCAA weekend alive. That's just the way they roll.
Posts: 26,960
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #2498
Codered Codered is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Casino cash: $5177
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
None of this matters. Mizzou will not make it out of the first NCAA weekend alive. That's just the way they roll.
Sad but true.
Posts: 618
Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
 
Old 03-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #2499
ChiTown ChiTown is offline
Stroking to Andy's Man Boobs
 
ChiTown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Flatlands of Kansas
Casino cash: $6192
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMizzou View Post
Steve Walentik ‏@Steve_Walentik

#Mizzou can end up anywhere from No. 2 through No. 6. Only one scenario has Tigers as the No. 4 seed.

Steve Walentik ‏@Steve_Walentik

#Mizzou ends up No. 2 in five scenarios and No. 3 in three scenarios (all involving wins at Tennessee).
#2 seed? They are a current solid #8. You aren't moving more than a max of 3 slots up, even if you win out thru the SEC tourney. I see mizzou as a #6/7 seed when all said and done.
__________________


FRESHMAN DEBATE SQUAD - 2nd ALTERNATE
Posts: 17,509
ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
 
Old 03-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #2500
Codered Codered is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Casino cash: $5177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
#2 seed? They are a current solid #8. You aren't moving more than a max of 3 slots up, even if you win out thru the SEC tourney. I see mizzou as a #6/7 seed when all said and done.
While I don't think they have a shot at #2. I think even if they decided the bracket today they would be above an 8 seed.

I too think they will land in the 5-7 range when it's all said and done.
Posts: 618
Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
 
Old 03-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #2501
pkane pkane is offline
Starter
 
pkane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Casino cash: $5025
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
#2 seed? They are a current solid #8. You aren't moving more than a max of 3 slots up, even if you win out thru the SEC tourney. I see mizzou as a #6/7 seed when all said and done.
I think he is talking about the SEC and not the NCAA tourny.
Posts: 773
pkane is not part of the Right 53.pkane is not part of the Right 53.pkane is not part of the Right 53.pkane is not part of the Right 53.pkane is not part of the Right 53.pkane is not part of the Right 53.pkane is not part of the Right 53.pkane is not part of the Right 53.pkane is not part of the Right 53.pkane is not part of the Right 53.pkane is not part of the Right 53.
 
Old 03-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #2502
Mosbonian Mosbonian is offline
On Hiatus
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $2275
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkane View Post
I think he is talking about the SEC and not the NCAA tourny.
Exactly...
Posts: 8,533
Mosbonian has disabled reputation
 
Old 03-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #2503
ChiTown ChiTown is offline
Stroking to Andy's Man Boobs
 
ChiTown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Flatlands of Kansas
Casino cash: $6192
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkane View Post
I think he is talking about the SEC and not the NCAA tourny.
My Bad, and my apologies. I just ASSumed it was the NCAA tourney
__________________


FRESHMAN DEBATE SQUAD - 2nd ALTERNATE
Posts: 17,509
ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ChiTown has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
 
Old 03-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #2504
duncan_idaho duncan_idaho is offline
M-I-Z-Z-O-U
 
duncan_idaho's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $5270
Good discussion in the past page or so of Missouri's offense...

I think Missouri can make one adjustment to improve that critical execution in the final moments.

Instead of running the single pick and roll as the last play, run the double-screen and roll. Missouri SHREDDED Florida with this setup (both posts positioned at the top of the key) late in that game. And Florida is one of the best defensive teams - especially on the perimeter - in the country.

It creates a lot of chaos and space for the defense. That's good with a PG like Pressey.

Biggest thing is Pressey needs to stop crapping his pants, though.

Tomorrow's matchup will be tough... Tennessee has elite talent in Stokes and McRae. Missouri can win IF the bench plays well, and the effort is there on defense.

Oriakhi needs to hold his own with Stokes. Bowers needs to CRUSH Tennessee's 4-men.

Bell will have to do a decent job limiting Jordan McRae's offense (Ross, too).

Missouri is MUCH better than Tennessee at PG, PF, SG, and spots 6-7 off the bench. Oriakhi-Stokes is a very near matchup. (12/9 vs. 11/8). McRae is a big advantage at the wing spot.

Good barometer of where Missouri is at this point. ANother chance to snuff out a conference rival's NCAA hopes...
__________________
"You gotta love livin', cause dying is a pain in the ass."
---- Sinatra
Posts: 7,817
duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
 
Old 03-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #2505
'Hamas' Jenkins 'Hamas' Jenkins is offline
Emptying the Trash
 
'Hamas' Jenkins's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Casino cash: $5540
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Good discussion in the past page or so of Missouri's offense...

I think Missouri can make one adjustment to improve that critical execution in the final moments.

Instead of running the single pick and roll as the last play, run the double-screen and roll. Missouri SHREDDED Florida with this setup (both posts positioned at the top of the key) late in that game. And Florida is one of the best defensive teams - especially on the perimeter - in the country.

It creates a lot of chaos and space for the defense. That's good with a PG like Pressey.

Biggest thing is Pressey needs to stop crapping his pants, though.

Tomorrow's matchup will be tough... Tennessee has elite talent in Stokes and McRae. Missouri can win IF the bench plays well, and the effort is there on defense.

Oriakhi needs to hold his own with Stokes. Bowers needs to CRUSH Tennessee's 4-men.

Bell will have to do a decent job limiting Jordan McRae's offense (Ross, too).

Missouri is MUCH better than Tennessee at PG, PF, SG, and spots 6-7 off the bench. Oriakhi-Stokes is a very near matchup. (12/9 vs. 11/8). McRae is a big advantage at the wing spot.

Good barometer of where Missouri is at this point. ANother chance to snuff out a conference rival's NCAA hopes...
Question:

What would you do if the guard forced Pressey to Oriakhi's side, then stayed with him as Oriakhi's man shaded off of him?

AO can't shoot from 15 plus.

Seems to me that's how you'd defend that play. However, if you brought Criswell in, you'd create far more problems, because you can't leave him alone from 12-18.
__________________
A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try.
Posts: 57,528
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.