Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 08:11 AM  
milkman milkman is offline
Dumbass!
 
milkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Leading the Marty bashing
Casino cash: $6995
Bears hire new head coach

Oh......Hugh Janus

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...9&postcount=25

Marc Trestman the Bears new coach.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4315--nfl.html

Tell me how no team is talking to Marc Trestman again Hugh.


Props to DeBerg for the news and link.
Posts: 64,290
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #16
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
What? What?
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $8084
Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
It is?

He has?

Here's his resume:



How is that solid by any stretch of the imagination? The guy has bounced around more than anybody I've seen. His only successful stint was with the Raiders for 2 years.
To be fair:

Code:
1981-84 with the U:        Jim Kelly, Vinny Testaverde, Bernie Koser, Mark Richt
1987 with Tampa:           Steve DeBerg, Vinny Testaverde, Jim Zorn
1988-1989 with Cleveland:  Bernie Kosar
1990-1991 with Minny:      Rich Gannon
1995-1996 with SF:         Steve Young
1997 with Detriot:         Scott Mitchell
1998-2000 with AZ:         Jake Plummer
2001-2003 with Oakland:    Rich Gannon
Posts: 61,766
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #17
milkman milkman is offline
Dumbass!
 
milkman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Leading the Marty bashing
Casino cash: $6995
Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Just because a league is wide open offensively doesn't mean that it translates to the NFL. Arena league is wide open offensively, but I wouldn't hire the best arena league head coach to be anything more than a position coach.

The best CFL defense is worse than the worst defense in NFL history.
I am not suggesting that any slapdick from the CFL has the tools to translate his philosophies to the NFL.

What I am saying is that this guy can combine the things he picked up from Bill Walsh with some of the wide open philosophies he had to adjust to in order to succeed in the CFl to build an offense in the NFL.
__________________
Posts: 64,290
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #18
milkman milkman is offline
Dumbass!
 
milkman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Leading the Marty bashing
Casino cash: $6995
Like I said when I fiest brought up his name, this is outside the box thinking.

There's a lot of risk.

This has the potential to be a complete disaster.

But it could be a home run.
__________________
Posts: 64,290
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #19
-King- -King- is offline
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $8681
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
To be fair:

Code:
1981-84 with the U:        Jim Kelly, Vinny Testaverde, Bernie Koser, Mark Richt
1987 with Tampa:           Steve DeBerg, Vinny Testaverde, Jim Zorn
1988-1989 with Cleveland:  Bernie Kosar
1990-1991 with Minny:      Rich Gannon
1995-1996 with SF:         Steve Young
1997 with Detriot:         Scott Mitchell
1998-2000 with AZ:         Jake Plummer
2001-2003 with Oakland:    Rich Gannon
I honestly don't care about that. Those QBs aren't even BAD except for Mitchell. I wouldn't give Daboll a break just because he worked with Quinn Cassel (who are both worse than most if not all of the QBs on that list), so I'm not going to give one to Trestman.
__________________
43-8
Posts: 39,238
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #20
dirk digler dirk digler is offline
Please squeeze
 
dirk digler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Clinton, MO
Casino cash: $6395
Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Just because a league is wide open offensively doesn't mean that it translates to the NFL. Arena league is wide open offensively, but I wouldn't hire the best arena league head coach to be anything more than a position coach.

The best CFL defense is worse than the worst defense in NFL history.
Jay Gruden came from the Arena League. He has done alright.
Posts: 48,502
dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #21
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
What? What?
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $8084
Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
I honestly don't care about that. Those QBs aren't even BAD except for Mitchell. I wouldn't give Daboll a break just because he worked with Quinn Cassel (who are both worse than most if not all of the QBs on that list), so I'm not going to give one to Trestman.
You missed the point.

The fact that he's worked with so many GOOD QBs (some of them borderline HoFers) says something about his abilities as a mentor of QBs.
Posts: 61,766
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #22
shaggyshane shaggyshane is offline
Starter
 
shaggyshane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Casino cash: $5000
He may have what it takes.
Posts: 34
shaggyshane is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutshaggyshane is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutshaggyshane is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutshaggyshane is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutshaggyshane is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutshaggyshane is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutshaggyshane is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutshaggyshane is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutshaggyshane is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutshaggyshane is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutshaggyshane is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #23
-King- -King- is offline
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $8681
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
You missed the point.

The fact that he's worked with so many GOOD QBs (some of them borderline HoFers) says something about his abilities as a mentor of QBs.
Which one of those QBs did he mentor? How can you even mentor somebody when you skip teams every 1-3 years?
__________________
43-8
Posts: 39,238
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #24
-King- -King- is offline
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $8681
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Jay Gruden came from the Arena League. He has done alright.
Let's not get into the business of naming exceptions.

COULD Trestman be a good head coach in the future? Sure, but you can say that about any coaching candidate. I would NEVER want the Chiefs to take that big of a risk.
__________________
43-8
Posts: 39,238
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #25
Ace Gunner Ace Gunner is offline
First Overall
 
Ace Gunner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: kcmo
Casino cash: $5097
Ya, so who doesn't think the NFL is going full arenatard.
__________________
The Greatest
Posts: 10,388
Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #26
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
What? What?
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $8084
Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Which one of those QBs did he mentor? How can you even mentor somebody when you skip teams every 1-3 years?
Seriously?

Is that all you can come up with?

Does Chris Weinke mentor QBs? I mean they only work out with him for about 6 weeks leading up to the draft and then he moves on to next year's class.

Amirite?
Posts: 61,766
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #27
Stad Stad is offline
JC
 
Stad's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Casino cash: $5652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
This best describes the Bears decision to hire Trestman. No need to add anything further:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...zzling-at-best


The Bears' hire of Marc Trestman puzzling, at best

By Mike Freeman | National NFL Insider

The last time Marc Trestman coached in the NFL was almost nine years ago, for one season with the Miami Dolphins. He has spent the past five years with the franchise known for churning out dozens of coaching legends that dominate the NFL. You know the franchise: The Montreal Alouettes.

So he's been away from the NFL for almost a decade. He has coached in an inferior football system for the past five in a country more known for hockey and syrup than football. And he's the hire for the Chicago Bears? Wow.

It's absolutely stunning than an NFL team would hire Trestman. Anyone can rack up huge offensive numbers coaching in Canada. They don't play defense and the field is 700 yards wide. Anyone can coach a team to a Grey Cup. My grandma could coach in the Grey Cup. In fact, I'm pretty sure my grandma has coached in the Grey Cup. Don't get me wrong. I love the CFL. I love Canada. I LOVE CANADA! I just don't believe someone who has been coaching there for five years and out of the NFL for almost twice that time is a solid NFL head coaching hire.

The Bears hired Trestman thinking he can fix Jay Cutler when Cutler is unfixable. Cutler always will be up and down, great one minute -- throwing multiple picks the next. Nothing is going to change that. Cutler never will be an elite thrower because his head isn't screwed on right. Unless Trestman is a therapist or hypnotist Cutler will be Cutler.

Cutler is a coach killer and Trestman is next up on the chopping block.

Trestman's website says some of the quarterbacks he's coached include Brock Osweiler, Brandon Weeden, Jimmy Clausen, Jason Campbell and -- wait for it -- Tim Tebow.

That's a stellar lineup. What, no Ryan Leaf?

Steve Young says he worked with Trestman in mid-1990s and called him a brilliant offensive mind. That's quite an endorsement, but Young probably was being more polite than anything. If Trestman is so brilliant, why was the Montreal Alouettes' gig the only head coaching job he was offered before the Bears?

And again, he worked with Young in the 1990s. In the NFL universe, that was eons ago. That was the Pleistocene Age.

Where Trestman can prove me wrong is if he follows the Marv Levy career path. Levy spent four years coaching the Alouettes before becoming the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. But then again, Levy is one of the more brilliant coaching minds in NFL history, and he was still eventually fired by the Chiefs.

This Bears hire isn't only risky. It's head-shaking and not in a good way.
This guy is a ****ing moron.
__________________
Posts: 689
Stad has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stad has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stad has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stad has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stad has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stad has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stad has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stad has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stad has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stad has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stad has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #28
The_Doctor10 The_Doctor10 is offline
Everyone else is 'peasants'
 
The_Doctor10's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
This best describes the Bears decision to hire Trestman. No need to add anything further:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...zzling-at-best


The Bears' hire of Marc Trestman puzzling, at best

By Mike Freeman | National NFL Insider

The last time Marc Trestman coached in the NFL was almost nine years ago, for one season with the Miami Dolphins. He has spent the past five years with the franchise known for churning out dozens of coaching legends that dominate the NFL. You know the franchise: The Montreal Alouettes.

So he's been away from the NFL for almost a decade. He has coached in an inferior football system for the past five in a country more known for hockey and syrup than football. And he's the hire for the Chicago Bears? Wow.

It's absolutely stunning than an NFL team would hire Trestman. Anyone can rack up huge offensive numbers coaching in Canada. They don't play defense and the field is 700 yards wide. Anyone can coach a team to a Grey Cup. My grandma could coach in the Grey Cup. In fact, I'm pretty sure my grandma has coached in the Grey Cup. Don't get me wrong. I love the CFL. I love Canada. I LOVE CANADA! I just don't believe someone who has been coaching there for five years and out of the NFL for almost twice that time is a solid NFL head coaching hire.

The Bears hired Trestman thinking he can fix Jay Cutler when Cutler is unfixable. Cutler always will be up and down, great one minute -- throwing multiple picks the next. Nothing is going to change that. Cutler never will be an elite thrower because his head isn't screwed on right. Unless Trestman is a therapist or hypnotist Cutler will be Cutler.

Cutler is a coach killer and Trestman is next up on the chopping block.

Trestman's website says some of the quarterbacks he's coached include Brock Osweiler, Brandon Weeden, Jimmy Clausen, Jason Campbell and -- wait for it -- Tim Tebow.

That's a stellar lineup. What, no Ryan Leaf?

Steve Young says he worked with Trestman in mid-1990s and called him a brilliant offensive mind. That's quite an endorsement, but Young probably was being more polite than anything. If Trestman is so brilliant, why was the Montreal Alouettes' gig the only head coaching job he was offered before the Bears?

And again, he worked with Young in the 1990s. In the NFL universe, that was eons ago. That was the Pleistocene Age.

Where Trestman can prove me wrong is if he follows the Marv Levy career path. Levy spent four years coaching the Alouettes before becoming the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. But then again, Levy is one of the more brilliant coaching minds in NFL history, and he was still eventually fired by the Chiefs.

This Bears hire isn't only risky. It's head-shaking and not in a good way.
Brandon Browner and Cameron Wake played defense in the CFL for several years. So **** you, Mike Freeman, you wouldn't win a game up here. And it's nice that you love a league so much that you can be blatantly disrespectful and dismiss everything anyone has ever accomplished in it. Do you tell your girlfriend how much you love her after you've broken her jaw?

It's professional football. It's not the NFL. But innovation, preparation, leadership etc are skills that do not change from level to level. Trestman has all of them. And considering it's the CFL, the fact that the Alouettes DID in fact churn out a prior HOF head coach makes you look like even more of a ****wit.

What an asshole. Don't die in an AIDS fire, but fifteen papercuts with a sprinkling of lemon juice would do him some good.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 View Post
You don't have a goddamn chance over the next two years with Manning at the helm, so build your ****ing team to be a ****ing dynasty when he retires. Instead, you're going to spend the two most valuable picks in franchise history on a RT and a game manager QB.

Awesome.
Posts: 1,501
The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The_Doctor10 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #29
-King- -King- is offline
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $8681
0 for 1 so far on coaching hires.

Quote:
Matt Cavanaugh is the new Bears quarterbacks coach
Posted by Josh Alper on January 18, 2013, 11:31 AM EST
Matt+Cavanaugh+New+York+Jets+OTA+u9TLXCtdAALl Getty Images

Marc Trestman’s hired a new quarterbacks coach for the Chicago Bears.

The Bears announced Friday that Matt Cavanaugh will take over the job most recently held by Jeremy Bates, who was let go when Trestman came aboard. Cavanaugh spent the last four years as the quarterbacks coach for the Jets before getting jettisoned along with offensive coordinator Tony Sparano at the end of a dismal season for the Jets offense.

While with the Jets in 2012, Cavanaugh had an opportunity to work with Tim Tebow. As Florio pointed out earlier this week, Trestman also has connections to Tebow. Trestman worked with him before the 2010 draft and coaching a Montreal Alouettes team that holds the CFL rights to the player who was discussed a lot while being used rarely with the Jets. There’s no reason to think Tebow’s headed for the Windy City at this point, although the familiarity does offer up a potential landing spot for a player without many others.

The Bears have also hired Skip Peete to be their running backs coach. Peete was let go by the Cowboys earlier this month after Dallas posted the fewest rushing yards in a season for the franchise since the NFL moved to a 16-game schedule.
__________________
43-8
Posts: 39,238
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #30
Sweet Daddy Hate Sweet Daddy Hate is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ABQNM
Casino cash: $5000
Who?
Posts: 18,397
Sweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.