Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 11:05 AM  
Fire Me Boy! Fire Me Boy! is offline
Cast Iron Jedi
 
Fire Me Boy!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Casino cash: $11340
VARSITY
Ray Donovan - new Showtime series

Seems like Liev Schrieber's title character is kind of like Harvey Keitel's Winston Wolf.

Posts: 23,773
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #16
WilliamTheIrish WilliamTheIrish is offline
Champion Golfer Of The Year
 
WilliamTheIrish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Casino cash: $12983
When i saw the previews for it i thought: "Looks intersting, ill give it a go". I watched it. Thought it was shit. He's a lot less like Winston Wolf, and more like a criminal Ari Gold. I'll give it more episodes for a fair trial, but the premiere was pretty bad IMO.
Posts: 25,633
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #17
Sully Sully is offline
It Goes On
 
Sully's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lees Summit
Casino cash: $9823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Seems like Liev Schrieber's title character is kind of like Harvey Keitel's Winston Wolf.

I'm getting much more of a Michael Clayton (George Clooney) vibe.
__________________
"And I don't wish that girl any bad luck," he said, "but I hope she gets hit with a car."
- Tommy Lasorda
Posts: 13,912
Sully Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sully Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sully Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sully Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sully Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sully Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sully Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sully Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sully Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sully Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sully Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #18
Baby Lee Baby Lee is online now
Cake Boss!!
 
Baby Lee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 456 Lick My Butthole Lane
Casino cash: $22188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
This by far the best story I've ever seen on any premium network. Its better than the Sopranos. The idea and the character are just really good. He's a criminal, but not. A sort of robin hood type outlaw. Its crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle View Post
When i saw the previews for it i thought: "Looks intersting, ill give it a go". I watched it. Thought it was shit. He's a lot less like Winston Wolf, and more like a criminal Ari Gold. I'll give it more episodes for a fair trial, but the premiere was pretty bad IMO.
Conflicting insights, and I don't want to oversell after only two episodes. But the first two episodes gave me a sense of excitement about the possibilities that I only had with Friends, Seinfeld, Deadwood, Sopranos and Mad Men that early on. Not even Game of Thrones had me hooked so quickly, at least not that degree. That's some heady company. It could all go off the rails like The Killing [which eventually recovered] and Heroes, but if not look out.

I liked the echoes of the Bernadette tattoo and the much subtler, and to now poignant, tattoo of Ray's dead sister over his heart in the opening scene. The brother loved a girl, Ray loves his family

And that Russian is certified bad ass, a grunt level crewman who has the capacity to take any of his 'superiors,' thrashing the **** out of Ray and his love child brother in the same day. Plus he seems to know his way around intel gathering and IT.

There's an intriguing mix of old school mafia and modern fixer. Both require ruthlessness and cunning, but Hollywood required and requires a subtler approach, a velvet glove to go along and get along in that society. Its the evolution of guys a generation ago would be stealing parking meters and commandeering trucks of merchandise for cash and black market resale, who are now taking care of the self-inflicted wounds of the hyper rich. Both required a steely jaw, a mind thinking three steps ahead, and absolute immorality to get things done.
__________________
Hunter Pence has no opinion on Lena Dunham's attractiveness.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 07-14-2013 at 11:00 PM..
Posts: 44,353
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #19
Fire Me Boy! Fire Me Boy! is offline
Cast Iron Jedi
 
Fire Me Boy!'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Casino cash: $11340
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Conflicting insights, and I don't want to oversell after only two episodes. But the first two episodes gave me a sense of excitement about the possibilities that I only had with Friends, Seinfeld, Deadwood, Sopranos and Mad Men that early on. Not even Game of Thrones had me hooked so quickly, at least not that degree. That's some heady company. It could all go off the rails like The Killing [which eventually recovered] and Heroes, but if not look out.

I liked the echoes of the Bernadette tattoo and the much subtler, and to now poignant, tattoo of Ray's dead sister over his heart in the opening scene. The brother loved a girl, Ray loves his family

And that Russian is certified bad ass, a grunt level crewman who has the capacity to take any of his 'superiors,' thrashing the **** out of Ray and his love child brother in the same day. Plus he seems to know his way around intel gathering and IT.

There's an intriguing mix of old school mafia and modern fixer. Both require ruthlessness and cunning, but Hollywood required and requires a subtler approach, a velvet glove to go along and get along in that society. Its the evolution of guys a generation ago would be stealing parking meters and commandeering trucks of merchandise for cash and black market resale, who are now taking care of the self-inflicted wounds of the hyper rich. Both required a steely jaw, a mind thinking three steps ahead, and absolute immorality to get things done.
It's been bugging me who that guy is, but not to the point of looking him up on IMBD. Then it suddenly dawned on me. IT'S MANNY!

Posts: 23,773
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #20
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $10375
**** yes

__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 12,783
Bambi has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #21
Pasta Giant Meatball Pasta Giant Meatball is offline
Hungry?
 
Pasta Giant Meatball's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Casino cash: $14695
This is a really good show.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zarth View Post
If this team goes 9-7 I'll eat a bug.
Posts: 32,542
Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #22
Demonpenz Demonpenz is offline
Royals Hall Of Fame
 
Demonpenz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Apartment "G UNIT!"
Casino cash: $9474
Posts: 45,005
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #23
BigRedChief BigRedChief is online now
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $16583
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
It's been bugging me who that guy is, but not to the point of looking him up on IMBD. Then it suddenly dawned on me. IT'S MANNY!

Manny: [to a bikini girl who has slapped him] BITCH! LESBIAN!
__________________
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

Albert Einstein
Posts: 44,615
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #24
Baby Lee Baby Lee is online now
Cake Boss!!
 
Baby Lee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 456 Lick My Butthole Lane
Casino cash: $22188
I meant to say this earlier, but talk on the web about episode to, between Papa Donovan's 'it's OK to let someone suck your cock, but dont take it in the ass,' the movie star I-chatting the Ray's underage son, and the blackmailing tranny, that this is a homophobic show.

What say you guys?
__________________
Hunter Pence has no opinion on Lena Dunham's attractiveness.
Posts: 44,353
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #25
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $10375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I meant to say this earlier, but talk on the web about episode to, between Papa Donovan's 'it's OK to let someone suck your cock, but dont take it in the ass,' the movie star I-chatting the Ray's underage son, and the blackmailing tranny, that this is a homophobic show.

What say you guys?
There are some race issues as well. Every single black character is as much of a stereotype as you can create. Hopefully some writing and editing changes this in the future. It's a bit obvious.

Game of Thrones has this issue as well.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 12,783
Bambi has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:39 AM
Cheater5
This message has been deleted by Cheater5. Reason: Wrong quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #26
Cheater5 Cheater5 is offline
Veteran
 
Cheater5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
Casino cash: $8404
[quote=Baby Lee;9812819

And that Russian is certified bad ass, a grunt level crewman who has the capacity to take any of his 'superiors,' thrashing the **** out of Ray and his love child brother in the same day. Plus he seems to know his way around intel gathering and IT.[/QUOTE]

The character is an Israeli, not a Russian.

Good rundown though and I agree, this is a fun show to watch.
Posts: 1,005
Cheater5 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCheater5 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCheater5 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCheater5 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCheater5 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCheater5 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCheater5 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCheater5 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCheater5 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCheater5 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCheater5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #27
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $9347
This is a DARK ****ing show.

Two brothers sexually molested by a priest, another with epilepsy and another who's mixed race that finally meets his oldest sibling? Not to mention the father, who just got out of prison after 20 years, only to off said priest? Add to that, Ray is on the verge of being completely out of control as well?

Awesome.

The creator and screenwriter also created Southland and wrote for NYPD Blue in its best season (1993). She also must have an issue with the Catholic Church and priests in particular because she also wrote Primal Fear.

Season Two has already been greenlit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER View Post
Geno > Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) View Post
Dane is gonna have to leave again after we draft Geno.

He faces monstrous backlash.
Posts: 49,624
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #28
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $9347
Oh, and it's great to see Stephan Bauer act again! The guy was a badass but had a serious drug addiction. It's great to see him clean and onscreen again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER View Post
Geno > Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) View Post
Dane is gonna have to leave again after we draft Geno.

He faces monstrous backlash.
Posts: 49,624
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #29
Fire Me Boy! Fire Me Boy! is offline
Cast Iron Jedi
 
Fire Me Boy!'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Casino cash: $11340
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
This is a DARK ****ing show.

Two brothers sexually molested by a priest, another with epilepsy and another who's mixed race that finally meets his oldest sibling? Not to mention the father, who just got out of prison after 20 years, only to off said priest? Add to that, Ray is on the verge of being completely out of control as well?

Awesome.

The creator and screenwriter also created Southland and wrote for NYPD Blue in its best season (1993). She also must have an issue with the Catholic Church and priests in particular because she also wrote Primal Fear.

Season Two has already been greenlit.
Epilepsy? I think you mean Parkinson's.
Posts: 23,773
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #30
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $9347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Epilepsy? I think you mean Parkinson's.
Oh, you're right: it was the Brittney clone that had epilepsy, right?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER View Post
Geno > Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) View Post
Dane is gonna have to leave again after we draft Geno.

He faces monstrous backlash.
Posts: 49,624
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:07 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.