Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 04:12 PM  
KCtotheSB KCtotheSB is offline
Pessimistically optimistic.
 
KCtotheSB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Casino cash: $174067
I say "Rooney Rule", you say....?

Posts: 5,930
KCtotheSB threw an interception on a screen pass.KCtotheSB threw an interception on a screen pass.KCtotheSB threw an interception on a screen pass.KCtotheSB threw an interception on a screen pass.KCtotheSB threw an interception on a screen pass.KCtotheSB threw an interception on a screen pass.KCtotheSB threw an interception on a screen pass.KCtotheSB threw an interception on a screen pass.KCtotheSB threw an interception on a screen pass.KCtotheSB threw an interception on a screen pass.KCtotheSB threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #16
RustShack RustShack is offline
**** That Noise
 
RustShack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jack Trice
Casino cash: $96608
Teams should hire a lesser candidate because the blacks feel left out. It's stupid how we have to cater to their needs. Shits equal, color is not holding them back. If anything whites have unequal rights now.
__________________


Follow this guy on Twitter @Daddy_Rusty
Posts: 12,257
RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #17
guitarmy21b guitarmy21b is offline
Starter
 
guitarmy21b's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Niceville, FL
Casino cash: $1548
Lovie Smith is unemployed!
Posts: 102
guitarmy21b is not part of the Right 53.guitarmy21b is not part of the Right 53.guitarmy21b is not part of the Right 53.guitarmy21b is not part of the Right 53.guitarmy21b is not part of the Right 53.guitarmy21b is not part of the Right 53.guitarmy21b is not part of the Right 53.guitarmy21b is not part of the Right 53.guitarmy21b is not part of the Right 53.guitarmy21b is not part of the Right 53.guitarmy21b is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #18
DaFace DaFace is offline
Version 3.0
 
DaFace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Donkey Land
Casino cash: $651754
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
Teams should hire a lesser candidate because the blacks feel left out. It's stupid how we have to cater to their needs. Shits equal, color is not holding them back. If anything whites have unequal rights now.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. The rule is stupid, but I don't know that "the blacks feel left out" is the reason for it.
Posts: 27,128
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #19
hometeam hometeam is online now
Veteran
 
hometeam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jefferson City
Casino cash: $2043392
I have said it for years. The Rooney rule is total bullshit because teams don't give two shits about it, give a token look to satisfy the rule and move on. Someones skin color doesn't make two shits if he can play ball or coach ball.

It's not a real chance. Its fake. It's lip service. So why are they still doing it?
Posts: 4,492
hometeam threw an interception on a screen pass.hometeam threw an interception on a screen pass.hometeam threw an interception on a screen pass.hometeam threw an interception on a screen pass.hometeam threw an interception on a screen pass.hometeam threw an interception on a screen pass.hometeam threw an interception on a screen pass.hometeam threw an interception on a screen pass.hometeam threw an interception on a screen pass.hometeam threw an interception on a screen pass.hometeam threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #20
milkman milkman is offline
Dumbass!
 
milkman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Leading the Marty bashing
Casino cash: $1255146
I say I don't give a rat's ass one way or the other.

It is nothing more than a talking point today.
__________________
Posts: 62,743
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #21
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $121772
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
Teams should hire a lesser candidate because the blacks feel left out. It's stupid how we have to cater to their needs. Shits equal, color is not holding them back. If anything whites have unequal rights now.
Shit wasn't equal. Black people had less impressive resumes because of years of owners refusing to hire them to assistant coaching positions because of the color of their skin. I think we've gotten to the point where there are plenty of black assistants with good experience that the rule's no longer needed.

By the way... NFL front offices have astoundingly low percentages of visible african americans. In my opinion, this is a problem.

And whites don't have unequal rights. Nobody is forcing any team to hire black coaches. Just to interview them. A white person has an equal shot at winning the job as a black person does.
Posts: 18,917
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #22
LoneWolf LoneWolf is offline
BAMF
 
LoneWolf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wichita
Casino cash: $34148
Romeo Crennel
__________________
2013 Adopt A Chief: Dwayne Bowe #82
Posts: 3,932
LoneWolf 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.LoneWolf 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.LoneWolf 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.LoneWolf 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.LoneWolf 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.LoneWolf 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.LoneWolf 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.LoneWolf 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.LoneWolf 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.LoneWolf 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.LoneWolf 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #23
Tuckdaddy Tuckdaddy is offline
from the southside
 
Tuckdaddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: cabot Arkansas
Casino cash: $52492
Racism
__________________
Bring Back Vanover!
Posts: 5,772
Tuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #24
RustShack RustShack is offline
**** That Noise
 
RustShack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jack Trice
Casino cash: $96608
There's too many black athletes. They need to try getting whites more involved.
__________________


Follow this guy on Twitter @Daddy_Rusty
Posts: 12,257
RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RustShack has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #25
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $121772
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
I have said it for years. The Rooney rule is total bullshit because teams don't give two shits about it, give a token look to satisfy the rule and move on. Someones skin color doesn't make two shits if he can play ball or coach ball.

It's not a real chance. Its fake. It's lip service. So why are they still doing it?
I believe there are several teams who have mentioned that they hired a black coach they didn't have on their radar because of the Rooney Rule. Dungy is the big name that immediately comes to mind.

In my opinion... if you're a team that consistently conducts this Rooney Rule interview as lip service, then they're idiotic. Frankly, I've seen Buffalo treat the rule this way, and it's a big reason why that team is such a joke.
Posts: 18,917
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #26
Spott Spott is offline
I ♥ Boobs
 
Spott's Avatar
 
Asteroids Champion Snake Champion
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Orange Park, FL
Casino cash: $45509
Reverse racism.
Posts: 9,999
Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #27
Bewbies Bewbies is offline
Where's the flag ref?
 
Bewbies's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Casino cash: $68922
If I'm a black coach and I'm asked to give a token interview I'd be pissed. The Rooney Rule is an embarrassment.
Posts: 6,351
Bewbies wants to die in a aids tree fire.Bewbies wants to die in a aids tree fire.Bewbies wants to die in a aids tree fire.Bewbies wants to die in a aids tree fire.Bewbies wants to die in a aids tree fire.Bewbies wants to die in a aids tree fire.Bewbies wants to die in a aids tree fire.Bewbies wants to die in a aids tree fire.Bewbies wants to die in a aids tree fire.Bewbies wants to die in a aids tree fire.Bewbies wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #28
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $121772
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
There's too many black athletes. They need to try getting whites more involved.
I don't think you understand the reason behind this rule. White people aren't going to be refused a combine invitation because they are white.

Coaches and front office staff can often be refused an interview because that coach isn't in the GM's personal network of croneys. Until the Rooney Rule was in place, it was way too hard for black coaches to break into this circle. And I think the absence of this rule in front offices creates the same problem.
Posts: 18,917
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #29
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $121772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewbies View Post
If I'm a black coach and I'm asked to give a token interview I'd be pissed. The Rooney Rule is an embarrassment.
I've read several stories where black coaches like the opportunity because it gives them interviewing experience and puts their name out there.
Posts: 18,917
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #30
Mr. Flopnuts Mr. Flopnuts is offline
The People's Mod
 
Mr. Flopnuts's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Capital
Casino cash: $113762457
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
Teams should hire a lesser candidate because the blacks feel left out. It's stupid how we have to cater to their needs. Shits equal, color is not holding them back. If anything whites have unequal rights now.
And I see your truuuuuuuuue colors, shiiiiiiiiining through.
Posts: 43,940
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.