Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 11:16 AM  
CosmicPal CosmicPal is offline
Learn it. Know it. Live it.
 
CosmicPal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Casino cash: $1086369
This Sunday, February 17th at 9PM Central- Revenge For Real

Together is indeed a powerful lounge!

So many of you were there for me when this awful event happened two years ago: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...48#post7449348

Two years later, ABC will be airing a special this Sunday, February 17th at 9PM CST called Revenge For Real. The hour-long special is about what happened to my brother and his sister-in-law.

It will be very difficult for me and my family to watch for it is not memories we want to return to.

Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know, so you can watch should you be interested.

P.S. This here CosmicPal will not be on the show- I wasn't interviewed. My sister-in-law, niece, and nephew were interviewed along with Amara's family and the Castle Rock police department.

Much love to the Planet.

CP
Posts: 10,832
CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Dyslexic Speed Reader
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $449758285
I do remember this.

How do you feel about ABC making a special about your families tragedy?
Posts: 18,728
Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $178638
yea, i remember this thread.....may your brother RIP...did they ever find the guy who did it?
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,126
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
CosmicPal CosmicPal is offline
Learn it. Know it. Live it.
 
CosmicPal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Casino cash: $1086369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I do remember this.

How do you feel about ABC making a special about your families tragedy?
To be honest with you, none of the programs/series out there would do what happened with any genuine sincerity and honorable integrity. Dateline has been relentless with doing a spot, but ABC showed the most promise. From here on out though, I'm not sure we have any control over what happens.
__________________
- * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -
Four blessings upon my fellow planeteers: Older whiskey, younger women, faster horses, and more money.
Posts: 10,832
CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
Inmem58 Inmem58 is offline
MURRAY > SMITH
 
Inmem58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kern County, CA
Casino cash: $3046066
Somebody should sticky this or bump this so we don't forget.
Posts: 10,574
Inmem58 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Inmem58 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Inmem58 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Inmem58 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Inmem58 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Inmem58 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Inmem58 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Inmem58 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Inmem58 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Inmem58 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Inmem58 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
CosmicPal CosmicPal is offline
Learn it. Know it. Live it.
 
CosmicPal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Casino cash: $1086369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
yea, i remember this thread.....may your brother RIP...did they ever find the guy who did it?
Two guys got 2 consecutive life sentences without parole.
Two more guys go 25 years.

There were a couple of girlfriends who may have received time for withholding information to the police.
__________________
- * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -
Four blessings upon my fellow planeteers: Older whiskey, younger women, faster horses, and more money.
Posts: 10,832
CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $178638
just did a google search....heres a summary. Hopefully ABC does it justice Cosmic.




Sunday, February 17 – “Rocky Mountain Retribution” (10:02-11:00 p.m., ET):



Christopher and Amara Wells had been married for 12 years and already had a daughter when their marriage began to crumble. Christopher had a history of domestic violence, and by the summer of 2010, Amara had had enough and moved out of their home to live in a basement belonging to the only people with whom she felt safe – Tammy and Bob Rafferty. What made that arrangement unusual is that Tammy Rafferty was Christopher’s sister. Wanting revenge, Christopher hired a hit man to kill his estranged wife. Not only did the hit man, dressed as a ninja assassin, kill Amara, he also killed his brother-in-law, Bob Rafferty. He would have killed Tammy too, but she was away on a business trip. Wells’ own daughter, who was six at the time, witnessed the murders and escaped to a neighbor’s house in the middle of the night. Even though the suspect was eventually caught and pleaded guilty, the survivors still fear for their lives.


http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-10-17/168729/
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,126
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #8
3rd&48ers 3rd&48ers is offline
Molôn Labé
 
3rd&48ers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: North Carolina
Casino cash: $954198
I am sorry you had to go thru all of this, I looked up the names and the case and read about it in detail..

My Sisters 3 year old son was murdered in 1988 ....

I will set my DVR
Posts: 18,742
3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #9
CosmicPal CosmicPal is offline
Learn it. Know it. Live it.
 
CosmicPal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Casino cash: $1086369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
just did a google search....heres a summary. Hopefully ABC does it justice Cosmic.




Sunday, February 17 – “Rocky Mountain Retribution” (10:02-11:00 p.m., ET):



Christopher and Amara Wells had been married for 12 years and already had a daughter when their marriage began to crumble. Christopher had a history of domestic violence, and by the summer of 2010, Amara had had enough and moved out of their home to live in a basement belonging to the only people with whom she felt safe – Tammy and Bob Rafferty. What made that arrangement unusual is that Tammy Rafferty was Christopher’s sister. Wanting revenge, Christopher hired a hit man to kill his estranged wife. Not only did the hit man, dressed as a ninja assassin, kill Amara, he also killed his brother-in-law, Bob Rafferty. He would have killed Tammy too, but she was away on a business trip. Wells’ own daughter, who was six at the time, witnessed the murders and escaped to a neighbor’s house in the middle of the night. Even though the suspect was eventually caught and pleaded guilty, the survivors still fear for their lives.


http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-10-17/168729/
I've heard from the detectives he was dressed in all black. I've heard other details, but it will be interesting to see how they portray it on television. I'm very nervous about what may or may not be shown. Either way, I expect it to be very emotional.
__________________
- * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -
Four blessings upon my fellow planeteers: Older whiskey, younger women, faster horses, and more money.
Posts: 10,832
CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #10
CosmicPal CosmicPal is offline
Learn it. Know it. Live it.
 
CosmicPal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Casino cash: $1086369
LATEST UPDATE: Well, as it turns out, there will be NO airing of the "Revenge For Real" episode this Sunday night. Needless to say, I am absolutely thrilled.

20/20 originally had planned a "stylish" episode which would emphasize domestic violence in accordance to our tragedy. But, when we discovered that ABC was going to sensationalize the story with this "Revenge For Real" crap, we were appalled because they were going against our wishes and the integrity of the show.

Many, many thanks to my sister-in-law and Amara's family for threatening legal action against the show producers, we are now told the show for this Sunday will NOT be aired.

20/20 is still planning on the original segment, but it will be aired sometime in March or April. I will, of course, keep everyone abreast with that upcoming show and when it will air.

I'm very relieved. It's very important to me and the family that our story be told with stringent congruity and reverence to what happened.

Many blessings to all...
__________________
- * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -
Four blessings upon my fellow planeteers: Older whiskey, younger women, faster horses, and more money.
Posts: 10,832
CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.