Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 10:59 AM  
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $17087
Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs

Well, it looks like the deal is done.



https://twitter.com/intent/user?scre...w_p=tweetembed




Jay Glazer @JayGlazer
49ers have completed a trade with the Chiefs for Alex Smith, tho can't be official til March 12. Chiefs really made a commitment to Smith


Jay Glazer @JayGlazer
Deal has been agreed upon between Chiefs and 49ers. Compensation unclear but I'm told again Chiefs have made a clear commitment to Smith.
Posts: 51,083
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #4186
Sweet Daddy Hate Sweet Daddy Hate is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ABQNM
Casino cash: $5000
Average record 9-7.
Thx!
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 18,397
Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #4187
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $13064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie View Post
Average record 9-7.
Thx!
Posted via Mobile Device
9-7 Giants, 2011, Super Bowl winners

9-7 Arizona Cardinals, 2008, Super Bowl Runner ups
Posts: 50,174
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #4188
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $8770
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Actually, it was an agent that said Dysert would probably be the best developmental QB of the bunch. As I mentioned then, agents have their own agendas, so that's neither here nor there.

I see what a lot of people outside this forum see with Smith. He was unimpressive in many games, especially games in which he faced "NFL" style defense. I think had he played in the SEC, he wouldn't even be in the discussion because his game "shrinks" against better defenses and he becomes easily frustrated.

What's happened in this forum is that Claynus, for whatever ****ing stupid reason, has become the "voice of reason" with his YouTube videos and stats. Meanwhile, people that have actually watched him in real time (i.e., scouts, GM's, coaches, NFL Network folks, the Combine, etc.) come away far less impressed.

We've all seen how the media can pump up players. How Aaron Curry went #4 overall to Seattle is absolutely insane, yet Mike Mayock was beating that drum for months on end. Had those people in Seattle performed their due dilligence, they would have chosen Brian Orapko, Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews or even Max Unger (even though it would have been a round too high, they would have gotten an All Pro).

Anyway, discussions about prospects in the main forum are about as relevant as grocery store discussions about Kim Kardashian. Most of those people have too much time on their hands and don't know what the **** they're talking about.
Apologies for unintentionally mischaracterizing your previous statement.

What ultimately happens with Smith is going to be fascinating because there have been several strong and intelligent voices advocating his talents for well over a year. This isn't a come-lately fascination for several learned posters here.

That said, some QB prospects have been artificially deflated, see: Barkley.

This draft will truly be educational, on a number of different levels.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 47,045
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #4189
Count Alex's Losses Count Alex's Losses is offline
Banned
 
Count Alex's Losses's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $40573
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
What's happened in this forum is that Claynus, for whatever ****ing stupid reason, has become the "voice of reason" with his YouTube videos and stats. Meanwhile, people that have actually watched him in real time (i.e., scouts, GM's, coaches, NFL Network folks, the Combine, etc.) come away far less impressed.


You ASS. This isn't even about me. I'm not even leading this charge. SNR started this cause.

I'm just calling you on your bullshit every day. Because that's what it is. Ryan Tannehill is a better prospect than Geno? GTFO.
__________________
Better to be the bastard child of a king and his whore than to be a ****ing peasant at the shite homer trough.
Posts: 172,367
Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #4190
BossChief BossChief is offline
Please be better than 2004
 
BossChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BF Iowa
Casino cash: $10646
If we are gonna try to win with Alex Smith, we better do whatever we can to have as many pass rushers as possible. The defense is gonna need to be able to pitch shutouts.

**** it, move back to 9 with NY and get Revis and take the best pass rusher we can get.

Build this defense to be completely dominant.

I hope this isn't the route we go, but if it is...fire up the BBQ and lets at least re-create Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas.
__________________
a bunch of offensive linemen
Posts: 29,525
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #4191
Count Alex's Losses Count Alex's Losses is offline
Banned
 
Count Alex's Losses's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $40573
Dane conveniently ignores anything positive about Geno.

Any mock draft that has him going #1? STUPID.

The fact that NFL Network has multiple guys talking about him as a first-round pick every day, practically? BULLSHIT.

The report that the Chiefs were "very impressed" with Geno Smith? **** THAT.

GENO IS CRAP BECAUSE DANE SAYS SO.
__________________
Better to be the bastard child of a king and his whore than to be a ****ing peasant at the shite homer trough.
Posts: 172,367
Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #4192
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $13064
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
This draft will truly be educational, on a number of different levels.
I agree.

What I've personally witnessed is attacks on those who try to be the "voice of reason". It seems like people aren't allowed to even question Smith's abilities without being met with a Greek chorus of "Boo's" (to put it mildly).

I've been honest with my assessment of Barkley. I liked his personality and character more than any other QB in this draft but his arm strength is most certainly a concern, especially after his injury. I didn't like Wilson or Bray, didn't see Nassib or Dysert and while I have seen Landry Jones and Colin Klein, both are absolutely out of the question.

IMO, this is different than 2010 and Jimmy Clausen. It's far different than 2009 with Sanchez and Stafford, because everyone was reasonable enough to recognize after the Cassel trade that a QB wasn't going #3 overall.

In short, it's been the craziest I've ever seen Chiefsplanet. Maybe it's because Claynus rallied the troops, maybe it's because people hate Matt Cassel or maybe it's because people, for better or worse this season, want to see the Chiefs draft a QB with the #1 overall pick.

It's like Zombieland, where zombies are chanting "Geeeenoooo, Geeeenooo" while everyone else is running away saying "Get the **** off me!".
Posts: 50,174
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #4193
Kaepernick Kaepernick is offline
Niner Trash
 
Kaepernick's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Casino cash: $11964
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
I know he has had a mediocre career.

I don't CARE why.

A great qb doesn't need assholes like you making excuses for him.

Therefore Alex Smith isn't good enough.

When we get a qb that a bunch of Dick headsdon't feel the need to come here and make excuses why we should like him, ill be happy

Go away
Posted via Mobile Device
His Eminence, Pope Prius of the church of Alex Smith doesn't just "go away". He has to be surgically removed like tapeworm or breast cancer.
Posts: 2,618
Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #4194
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $13064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go to Hell View Post


You ASS. This isn't even about me. I'm not even leading this charge. SNR started this cause.

I'm just calling you on your bullshit every day. Because that's what it is. Ryan Tannehill is a better prospect than Geno? GTFO.
The only subject you're less informed about than football is pussy.
Posts: 50,174
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #4195
Count Alex's Losses Count Alex's Losses is offline
Banned
 
Count Alex's Losses's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $40573
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
The only subject you're less informed about than football is pussy.
Oh really? I don't know shit about football? Then maybe I could be Dane McCloud 2.0.
__________________
Better to be the bastard child of a king and his whore than to be a ****ing peasant at the shite homer trough.
Posts: 172,367
Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #4196
Sweet Daddy Hate Sweet Daddy Hate is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ABQNM
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
9-7 Giants, 2011, Super Bowl winners

9-7 Arizona Cardinals, 2008, Super Bowl Runner ups
sweet God almighty.....If ****-O Alex wins a Super Bowl as a Chief, I will fly to LA and mow your ****ing lawn, then carry you and your family to dinner in a goddamned rickshaw.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 18,397
Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #4197
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $13064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go to Hell View Post
GENO IS CRAP BECAUSE DANE SAYS SO.
Geno isn't great because YOU say so.

As a matter of fact, nearly everyone with a ****ing developed brain disagrees.

But seriously, who cares? He won't be a Chiefs.

Why keep beating this drum? Nothing else to beat?
Posts: 50,174
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #4198
Count Alex's Losses Count Alex's Losses is offline
Banned
 
Count Alex's Losses's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $40573
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
9-7 Giants, 2011, Super Bowl winners

9-7 Arizona Cardinals, 2008, Super Bowl Runner ups
Those teams were 9-7 because good/great QB play made up for the rest of the team under performing.

If the Chiefs go 9-7 it's because they drag a shitty QB to that record.

Not the same thing.
__________________
Better to be the bastard child of a king and his whore than to be a ****ing peasant at the shite homer trough.
Posts: 172,367
Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #4199
Count Alex's Losses Count Alex's Losses is offline
Banned
 
Count Alex's Losses's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $40573
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Geno isn't great because YOU say so.
I didn't say he was great.

He's certainly a damn fine prospect though and it makes a hell of a lot more sense to take him than any fatass.
__________________
Better to be the bastard child of a king and his whore than to be a ****ing peasant at the shite homer trough.
Posts: 172,367
Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Alex's Losses is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #4200
Kaepernick Kaepernick is offline
Niner Trash
 
Kaepernick's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Casino cash: $11964
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh006 View Post
Dude calm down. We all get it. You love alex smith and would do anything to get his meat pole in your mouth. No need to come in here trolling and ruining threads with your alex smith masturbation. Everyone knows he is a mediocre qb. Now feel free to join in on conversations with thoughtful and intelligent responses, but jesus christ stop ****ing defending alex smith.
You think this is bad? At least this is a thread specifically about Alex Smith.

Just you wait until the regular season when you guys are discussing the Chiefs and he comes into every thread ruining it defending his butt boy. You think he is bad now? Come the season, he will be insufferable. Every thread will become an Alex Smith thread if you let it. It goes like this...

He will defend Smiff on every thread. Somebody will argue him or a troll will prompt him to get a rise, and the thread will descend off topic of whatever you wanted to discuss and it will be all about Alex.

Good luck with that. You ain't seen nuthin' yet.
Posts: 2,618
Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.Kaepernick would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:54 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.