Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 11:45 AM  
Count Zarth Count Zarth is online now
Emperor of the Universe
 
Count Zarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $10244399
Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.




Last edited by Count Zarth; 03-02-2013 at 08:39 PM..
Posts: 165,927
Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 10-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #7531
Mavericks Ace Mavericks Ace is offline
Snoopy
 
Mavericks Ace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Casino cash: $65705
I have a question.

Feels like 2010, feels like 1995.

That feel worse than 2012?

Considering that a few of the guys bitching about it feeling like those years, are the same types that felt this season was going to be the same type of year. Especially a certain Matt Barkley loving poster.

Just saying. I agree. If the offense doesn't improve, to at the very least be far more CONSISTENT. Then this is not a super bowl type team.

Still. 4 times the amount of wins from last year 8 games in?
__________________
Originally Posted by Kaepernick View Post
I don't miss these Alex Smith arguments one bit on the 49ers Forum. As much as I hate to see you guys stuck with these debates now, better you than us. We had our fill over the years.

Yet your Pussy ass is still here.
Im ADOPTING ALEX SMITH AS MY CHIEF FOR NEXT SEASON DAMMITT.
Posts: 9,565
Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.
 
Old 10-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #7532
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $29259
If you haven't followed the Chiefs for decades, you truly cannot speak to how long-time fans perceive this season.

In the moment, it's great. The flaws, however, appear crippling, and the resources that were used to acquire the major stumbling block suggest a long-term commitment.

And this is what we've seen for the last 20+ years. It might end up differently. Smith is, literally, not Bono. But mother****ing shit if Alex Smith doesn't suck out load far too often.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 46,496
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 10-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #7533
Jakemall Jakemall is offline
Veteran
 
Jakemall's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Casino cash: $19609
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
If you haven't followed the Chiefs for decades, you truly cannot speak to how long-time fans perceive this season.

In the moment, it's great. The flaws, however, appear crippling, and the resources that were used to acquire the major stumbling block suggests a long-term commitment.

And this is what we've seen for the last 20+ years. It might end up differently. Smith is, literally, not Bono. But mother****ing shit if Alex Smith doesn't suck out load far too often.
This is a fair statement.
Posts: 2,002
Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.
 
Old 10-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #7534
Mavericks Ace Mavericks Ace is offline
Snoopy
 
Mavericks Ace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Casino cash: $65705
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
If you haven't followed the Chiefs for decades, you truly cannot speak to how long-time fans perceive this season.

In the moment, it's great. The flaws, however, appear crippling, and the resources that were used to acquire the major stumbling block suggests a long-term commitment.

And this is what we've seen for the last 20+ years. It might end up differently. Smith is, literally, not Bono. But mother****ing shit if Alex Smith doesn't suck out load far too often.
Deez, I can relate to what you are dealing with. And yes, I understand the frustration. I was simply asking if they people who specifically expected more of last year, than what is actually happening, would feel better if this year was more of last year.

Im a browns fan. In the 14 years since its rebirth, I have seen 3 first round qbs drafted, ONE playoff game in which we were up something like 30-13, and lost, our best statistical and record season of 2007, we didn't make the playoffs.

I understand completely how chiefs feel. But I would give my left nut to be 8-0 right now.

I am already doing draft research to see who the browns inevitably will draft, and who will undoubtedly suck.

Wanna trade?
__________________
Originally Posted by Kaepernick View Post
I don't miss these Alex Smith arguments one bit on the 49ers Forum. As much as I hate to see you guys stuck with these debates now, better you than us. We had our fill over the years.

Yet your Pussy ass is still here.
Im ADOPTING ALEX SMITH AS MY CHIEF FOR NEXT SEASON DAMMITT.
Posts: 9,565
Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.
 
Old 10-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #7535
splatbass splatbass is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Honolulu, HI
Casino cash: $73553
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
If you haven't followed the Chiefs for decades, you truly cannot speak to how long-time fans perceive this
I've got news for you, long time fans don't all see it the same way. A simple truth that always seems to escape you.
Posts: 5,563
splatbass 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisplatbass 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisplatbass 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisplatbass 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisplatbass 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisplatbass 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisplatbass 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisplatbass 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisplatbass 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisplatbass 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellisplatbass 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
 
Old 10-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #7536
Rausch Rausch is offline
MVP
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $1230486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have a question.

Feels like 2010, feels like 1995.

That feel worse than 2012?

Considering that a few of the guys bitching about it feeling like those years, are the same types that felt this season was going to be the same type of year.
I completely understand and completely agree.

I think we'll go 1 and done in the playoffs.

That said this isn't year 3 or 5 or 7 this is YEAR ONE.

We're where they were in YEAR ONE.

We're so far ahead of schedule how can you not be pleased with this?...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 49,987
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 10-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #7537
Count Zarth Count Zarth is online now
Emperor of the Universe
 
Count Zarth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $10244399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post

We're so far ahead of schedule how can you not be pleased with this?...
People assume just because year one is awesome everything will continue to be awesome.

I have my doubts if Alex Smith is our QB against a first-place schedule in 2014.
Posts: 165,927
Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 10-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #7538
jd1020 jd1020 is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Casino cash: $85975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I completely understand and completely agree.

I think we'll go 1 and done in the playoffs.

That said this isn't year 3 or 5 or 7 this is YEAR ONE.

We're where they were in YEAR ONE.

We're so far ahead of schedule how can you not be pleased with this?...
Because this is year 1 of 2. Whats the plan for year 3? More Smith? ****ing shoot me now.
Posts: 13,604
jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 10-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #7539
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $10856920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I completely understand and completely agree.

I think we'll go 1 and done in the playoffs.

That said this isn't year 3 or 5 or 7 this is YEAR ONE.

We're where they were in YEAR ONE.

We're so far ahead of schedule how can you not be pleased with this?...
Exactly...I just hope they don't stay married to Smith
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Sure-Oz could ****ing track anyone in the country via Twitter. Dude makes me scared to leave the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
.
Sure-Oz in this mother****er. Resident Tweet master and maligned Royals fan.
Posts: 40,156
Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 10-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #7540
Wallcrawler Wallcrawler is offline
How tall is this thing?
 
Wallcrawler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ground 0 for enema of US.
Casino cash: $18333
Alex is still leaving plays out there on the field. 11 points right off the top of my head that I can remember.

The overthrow to Fasano would've been a touchdown, but we had to settle for 3.

Then once again, Avery is streaking down the sideline with his man 2 steps behind him and Alex overthrows the ball. I thought I remember seeing people on here saying that Alex didn't have an arm, with Chad Pennington even being mentioned for comparison.

This guy is overthrowing streaking receivers 30-40 yards downfield. If anything, he needs to reign the throws in. Hes missed Avery twice that I remember, and also missed a wide open Jamaal Charles that was lined up against a linebacker this season.

Dude seriously needs reps in practice just developing timing with Donnie and Jamaal on those deep routes. Its gut wrenching to watch all of these plays being missed that would be incredible plays through the air.

Blocking was shit today though. Looked like Jordan Black was out there in a Fisher Jersey at RT. Happy with the win, but we have some serious work to do before this divisional road trip gauntlet coming up.
__________________
When the mugger or thief stops to think twice, that is fear. That is what I am. That is why they hired assassins. I am the reason criminals breathe easier when the sun rises. So no, Alfred. I am not in over my head. Tonight will not be my end, but it will be theirs.
Posts: 2,158
Wallcrawler would the whole thing.Wallcrawler would the whole thing.Wallcrawler would the whole thing.Wallcrawler would the whole thing.Wallcrawler would the whole thing.Wallcrawler would the whole thing.Wallcrawler would the whole thing.Wallcrawler would the whole thing.Wallcrawler would the whole thing.Wallcrawler would the whole thing.Wallcrawler would the whole thing.
 
Old 10-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #7541
Mavericks Ace Mavericks Ace is offline
Snoopy
 
Mavericks Ace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Casino cash: $65705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead View Post
People assume just because year one is awesome everything will continue to be awesome.

I have my doubts if Alex Smith is our QB against a first-place schedule in 2014.
completely understandable. I expect a full offensive overhaul.

The defense, will be better next year though. That's pretty scary.
__________________
Originally Posted by Kaepernick View Post
I don't miss these Alex Smith arguments one bit on the 49ers Forum. As much as I hate to see you guys stuck with these debates now, better you than us. We had our fill over the years.

Yet your Pussy ass is still here.
Im ADOPTING ALEX SMITH AS MY CHIEF FOR NEXT SEASON DAMMITT.
Posts: 9,565
Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.
 
Old 10-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #7542
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $29259
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatbass View Post
I've got news for you, long time fans don't all see it the same way. A simple truth that always seems to escape you.
Of course I'm aware of this. For those "so excited," Ice Cube dedicated a song to this: "No Vaseline."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 46,496
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 10-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #7543
Mavericks Ace Mavericks Ace is offline
Snoopy
 
Mavericks Ace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Casino cash: $65705
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Because this is year 1 of 2. Whats the plan for year 3? More Smith? ****ing shoot me now.
he would be extended already.

If he doesn't get to the level they expect, he will be gone.
__________________
Originally Posted by Kaepernick View Post
I don't miss these Alex Smith arguments one bit on the 49ers Forum. As much as I hate to see you guys stuck with these debates now, better you than us. We had our fill over the years.

Yet your Pussy ass is still here.
Im ADOPTING ALEX SMITH AS MY CHIEF FOR NEXT SEASON DAMMITT.
Posts: 9,565
Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.
 
Old 10-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #7544
jd1020 jd1020 is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Casino cash: $85975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
he would be extended already.

If he doesn't get to the level they expect, he will be gone.
Why would he be extended already? They aren't going to talk contract in the middle of the year.
Posts: 13,604
jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 10-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #7545
SPATCH SPATCH is offline
birth of spatch
 
SPATCH's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2008
Casino cash: $39038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
Deez, I can relate to what you are dealing with. And yes, I understand the frustration. I was simply asking if they people who specifically expected more of last year, than what is actually happening, would feel better if this year was more of last year.

Im a browns fan. In the 14 years since its rebirth, I have seen 3 first round qbs drafted, ONE playoff game in which we were up something like 30-13, and lost, our best statistical and record season of 2007, we didn't make the playoffs.

I understand completely how chiefs feel. But I would give my left nut to be 8-0 right now.

I am already doing draft research to see who the browns inevitably will draft, and who will undoubtedly suck.

Wanna trade?
I like it when Cleveland fans try to wear their "most miserable sports town" badge in front of Kansas City fans. Did you know that the Browns have won a playoff game more recently than the Chiefs?

We know exactly what sucking feels like. Don't act like KC fans have not earned the right to be cynical.
Posts: 4,447
SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.