Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 11:45 AM  
Count Zarth Count Zarth is offline
JUST SAY NO
 
Count Zarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $7047
Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck.




Last edited by Count Zarth; 03-02-2013 at 08:39 PM..
Posts: 166,399
Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 07-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #751
Mavericks Ace Mavericks Ace is online now
Snoopy
 
Mavericks Ace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Casino cash: $6170
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Its like there is a Bat Signal when something is said about Alex Smith that all of the Alex Smith Dicksuckers just swarm to.
Yeah. Real shame that people actually care enough.....

Pity.
__________________
Cleveland......The place where happiness goes to die.

Im a bandwagon fan, I like the Chiefs, and Browns. I love misery.
Posts: 9,798
Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.
 
Old 07-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #752
Sweet Daddy Hate Sweet Daddy Hate is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ABQNM
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER View Post
We all know Alex Smith's yards per attempt was a deceitful indicator of his ability, so don't go quoting that shit, please.

Dude was near the bottom of the league in yards per completion, because he doesn't throw the ball down the field.

That is the truth, please adhere to it.
Posts: 18,397
Sweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < Cassel
 
Old 07-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #753
Ace Gunner Ace Gunner is offline
First Overall
 
Ace Gunner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: kcmo
Casino cash: $5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Its like there is a Bat Signal when something is said about Alex Smith that all of the Alex Smith Dicksuckers just swarm to.
I could see this POV. if I were homo too.
__________________
The Greatest
Posts: 10,385
Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.
 
Old 07-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #754
Fat Elvis Fat Elvis is offline
Beard Merit Badge
 
Fat Elvis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Casino cash: $5130
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Smith's actually going to be a very interesting case study for me.

Last year, when I was watching Joe Flacco mis-fire on every other pass, be it 8 yards or 40 yards downfield, I realized that guys with erratic accuracy like Flacco and Eli Manning should be firing the ball downfield. Afterall, if you're going to miss on your pass, you might as well have some risk/reward for your efforts and if its picked, its no worse than a punt.

But if you're a really accurate passer, especially in the short and intermediate zones, long passes aren't necessarily needed.

Alex Smith's yards per attempt over the last 2 years bear that out. His accuracy was so sharp that he was averaging more yards per attempt than virtually every QB in the league. He was, by any measure, a successful and productive NFL QB despite not pushing the ball downfield.

And as the efficiency numbers and yes, the highlight clips show, Smith does have that club in his bag. He doesn't have a cannon, but he's absolutely capable of making a precise, well-timed, on target deep throw. I don't know why you keep saying "can't" when the operative word really is only "hasn't". We've seen the skill-set and the numbers support it - Alex Smith can be an above average downfield passer, IMO.

But if you can sit there and throw it through a swinging tire over and over again at 12 yards, a short passing game is probably the better way to utilize those skills. Whereas if you're someone like Flacco who isn't going to be much better on short passes than long ones, then firing the thing downfield is the most efficient use of your talents.

Abso-freakin-lutely. There's been quite a few of us saying this for quite a while. Moreover, this type of passing efficiency affects the entire complexion of the game; an efficient, intermediate passing attack keeps the O on the field and the D off of it. I've said it before, and I will say it again: I believe that one of the reasons why the 49er defense was so good is because of what they were doing offensively. I don't think they were propping ASmith up during the year; I think it was a symbiotic relationship because--get this--football is a TEAM sport.
__________________

Mr. Irrelevant
Posts: 6,726
Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
 
Old 07-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #755
Sweet Daddy Hate Sweet Daddy Hate is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ABQNM
Casino cash: $5000
Alex "stone soup" Smith. A PERFECT metaphor.
Posts: 18,397
Sweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < Cassel
 
Old 07-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #756
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
Alex "stone soup" Smith. A PERFECT metaphor.
Perfectly stupid, just like you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER View Post
Geno > Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) View Post
Dane is gonna have to leave again after we draft Geno.

He faces monstrous backlash.
Posts: 48,886
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 07-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #757
Sweet Daddy Hate Sweet Daddy Hate is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ABQNM
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Perfectly stupid, just like you.
So when the Cassel II era begins, you'll still be swinging upon his nutsack, then? Good to know.
Posts: 18,397
Sweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < Cassel
 
Old 07-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #758
Jakemall Jakemall is offline
Veteran
 
Jakemall's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Casino cash: $5137
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
But that's why I don't see how you're going to ignore the highlight reels.

You can find a lot of instances of him doing a really nice job of dropping the ball into closing windows and onto his receivers hands.

What he's not going to do, and what he shouldn't try to do, is rifle a ball into a tight window. His arm's not that strong; it'll get batted away. And his pass diagrams suggest that he's smart enough to know that. You're right in that he doesn't try those Stafford throws into small windows...because that would be quite stupid for Alex Smith.

But he absolutely will go over top of a WR and try to drop the ball into a hole in the coverage. And when he does, he's actually pretty good at it.

I won't try to guess raw numbers because I truly have no idea what Reid's going to do with this offense. But in Smith we're going to get an efficient passer that's smart with the ball and works with the strengths of his personnel. In other words, he's not going to be Jake Plummer; nothing in his career suggests that he'd be that kind of wild card.

You know who he really could be, though? Jeff Garcia. Garcia was athletic, smart with the ball and didn't force the issue but when he had an opening downfield, he took it. He disguised his average NFL arm strength through scrambling when needed and through making smart decisions with the ball. He was a very solid NFL QB that had his teams in legitimate SB contention on a fair occasion.

I think that's a very fair bar to set for Alex Smith.
Another very good post.
Posts: 2,014
Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.
 
Old 07-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #759
Ace Gunner Ace Gunner is offline
First Overall
 
Ace Gunner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: kcmo
Casino cash: $5030
where's one of those idiots with W. (name withheld)'s "when throwing 35 passes per game, AS is 3 - 300" sigs???

I just overheard carrington on 610 talking about it -- he said he ran the numbers on AS at 30 passes per game and AS is 8 - 3.
__________________
The Greatest
Posts: 10,385
Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.Ace Gunner is too fat/Omaha.
 
Old 07-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #760
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
So when the Cassel II era begins, you'll still be swinging upon his nutsack, then? Good to know.
You must live in some bizzaro world where believe that your posts and opinions actually matter to anyone outside of your damaged noggin.

Cute.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER View Post
Geno > Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) View Post
Dane is gonna have to leave again after we draft Geno.

He faces monstrous backlash.
Posts: 48,886
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 07-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #761
Jakemall Jakemall is offline
Veteran
 
Jakemall's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Casino cash: $5137
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Smith's actually going to be a very interesting case study for me.

Last year, when I was watching Joe Flacco mis-fire on every other pass, be it 8 yards or 40 yards downfield, I realized that guys with erratic accuracy like Flacco and Eli Manning should be firing the ball downfield. Afterall, if you're going to miss on your pass, you might as well have some risk/reward for your efforts and if its picked, its no worse than a punt.

But if you're a really accurate passer, especially in the short and intermediate zones, long passes aren't necessarily needed.

Alex Smith's yards per attempt over the last 2 years bear that out. His accuracy was so sharp that he was averaging more yards per attempt than virtually every QB in the league. He was, by any measure, a successful and productive NFL QB despite not pushing the ball downfield.

And as the efficiency numbers and yes, the highlight clips show, Smith does have that club in his bag. He doesn't have a cannon, but he's absolutely capable of making a precise, well-timed, on target deep throw. I don't know why you keep saying "can't" when the operative word really is only "hasn't". We've seen the skill-set and the numbers support it - Alex Smith can be an above average downfield passer, IMO.

But if you can sit there and throw it through a swinging tire over and over again at 12 yards, a short passing game is probably the better way to utilize those skills. Whereas if you're someone like Flacco who isn't going to be much better on short passes than long ones, then firing the thing downfield is the most efficient use of your talents.
Especially when you have a Boldin at the other end of that long throw. I'm really curious to see how Flacco does this season. I suspect there's going to be a huge let down.
Posts: 2,014
Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.
 
Old 07-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #762
Sweet Daddy Hate Sweet Daddy Hate is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ABQNM
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
You must live in some bizzaro world where believe that your posts and opinions actually matter to anyone outside of your damaged noggin.

Cute.
Close enough. I'll take that as a "yes".
Posts: 18,397
Sweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < CasselSweet Daddy Hate < Cassel
 
Old 07-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #763
Jakemall Jakemall is offline
Veteran
 
Jakemall's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Casino cash: $5137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
Abso-freakin-lutely. There's been quite a few of us saying this for quite a while. Moreover, this type of passing efficiency affects the entire complexion of the game; an efficient, intermediate passing attack keeps the O on the field and the D off of it. I've said it before, and I will say it again: I believe that one of the reasons why the 49er defense was so good is because of what they were doing offensively. I don't think they were propping ASmith up during the year; I think it was a symbiotic relationship because--get this--football is a TEAM sport.
Alex's pre-reads don't show up on a stat line...and according to people smarter than me about football, he's one of the best at that. They say the best defense is a good offense...but that doesn't always mean how many points you score..somtimes it means how long to you have the ball. A fresh defense looks pretty damn good.
Posts: 2,014
Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.Jakemall would the whole thing.
 
Old 07-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #764
ChiefsCountry ChiefsCountry is online now
MVP
 
ChiefsCountry's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lake of the Ozarks
Casino cash: $5590
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Solid insight.

By all means, offer any sort of substantive discourse whenever you'd like.

Mouthbreather.
Of course I was talking about the 49er trolls.
Posts: 27,924
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 07-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #765
Fat Elvis Fat Elvis is offline
Beard Merit Badge
 
Fat Elvis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Casino cash: $5130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakemall View Post
Alex's pre-reads don't show up on a stat line...and according to people smarter than me about football, he's one of the best at that. They say the best defense is a good offense...but that doesn't always mean how many points you score..somtimes it means how long to you have the ball. A fresh defense looks pretty damn good.
You should check out the 49ers time of possession when ASmith is the QB and then check out their defensive rankings
__________________

Mr. Irrelevant
Posts: 6,726
Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fat Elvis 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.