Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 04:49 PM  
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Installing a passenger side mirror?

some dipshit kicked/punched my side mirror off and I had to go to ebay to buy a replacement...

I am not savvy enough (I'm a dipshit) to install it myself and I am getting a little bit of work done tomorrow at an auto shop and I'm going to bring the mirror with me and ask them to install it for me...

how much should I be expecting them to charge me for that labor since I have already bought the part?
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #541
J Diddy J Diddy is offline
One Groovy Cat
 
J Diddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Pitt State baby
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
Not to mention the industry is BARELY a hundred years old, and that doesn't even apply to the mass production of automobiles yet.



You just described a liberal.



The placement of words in a sentence, or lack thereof, can be very helpful....or detrimental.
****ing liberals. We should just hang them.
Posts: 29,288
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #542
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $5175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
Your argument works very well, if you don't take the context of the argument into consideration.

He's saying he likes Mexicans more, because they aren't going to charge you for having insurance, for being liable for damages, and taking RESPONSIBILITY for their work.

Entitled does not fit that description, nor his argument.

He says Americans are Entitled, when the Word entitled is NOT synonymous with Responsible.

What he meant to say is responsible, but he'd heave felt like an idiot for saying that, because it isn't what he meant. The issue stems from his lack of understanding the business model, and misrepresenting the work done cheaper, as them not being entitled. When in all actuality, the work isn't done cheaper because they aren't entitled.

The work is being done cheaper because they aren't LIABLE.


1 point, Exoter.

Next argument please.
Ouch.. no
Exotar 0
Exotar's understanding of the purpose of words -100
Exotar's understanding of what Hootie was saying -10000

Again.. you can argue his point but I (and everyone else here) knew what he meant when he used the word "entitled." AND it wasn't we all said ... "oh he said xxx but we know he meant yyy." No, he meant to say exactly what the word means in common usage in this context... therefore it was NOT the incorrect word. His use of the word conveyed exactly how he feels on the issue, therefore you need to argue his points not his word choice.
Posts: 14,501
AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #543
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $5175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
I just schooled the shit out of your "take" on my claim that he misused it.

Might want to go back and argue it, or admit defeat.
Donnie, you are WAY out of your league on this one.
Posts: 14,501
AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #544
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
I'm a liberal because I don't care what happens around me as long as I get to do the things that make me happy?

If that's being a liberal then cool, I guess I'm a liberal.
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #545
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $5175
oh oh oh... I'll make this SUPER fair..

Let's ask KCNATIVE to judge!
Posts: 14,501
AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #546
J Diddy J Diddy is offline
One Groovy Cat
 
J Diddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Pitt State baby
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess View Post
I'm a liberal because I don't care what happens around me as long as I get to do the things that make me happy?

If that's being a liberal then cool, I guess I'm a liberal.
I've heard if you don't vote then what happens you have to accept. Perhaps like some **** in new england making your jerk off lube illegal due to environmental concerns or some bastard in texas jacking the price of xbox controllers to $200 a piece.
Posts: 29,288
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #547
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Veteran
 
Exoter175's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $5080
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
****ing liberals. We should just hang them.
Agreed, lets do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Ouch.. no
Exotar 0
Exotar's understanding of the purpose of words -100
Exotar's understanding of what Hootie was saying -10000

Again.. you can argue his point but I (and everyone else here) knew what he meant when he used the word "entitled." AND it wasn't we all said ... "oh he said xxx but we know he meant yyy." No, he meant to say exactly what the word means in common usage in this context... therefore it was NOT the incorrect word. His use of the word conveyed exactly how he feels on the issue, therefore you need to argue his points not his word choice.
Wrong.

This entire thread before that comment of his, in reference to his love for mexicans, stemmed from the fact that they don't have to charge you for running a business, in direct reply to my response mentioning that you pay the prices you pay, because I have bills to pay such as insurance, because I am liable.

His argument is very clearly in statement that mexicans are cheap because they charge you for the work done, do it fast, and do it cheap.

This coming after my explanation that they can do this because the don't offer a warranty on their work or carry insurance for liabilities, a comment he later made if I am not mistaken, that he doesn't care about warranty work or insurance coverage for his "****ing mirror".

So no, you're wrong, very wrong, and he misused the word entirely, because he struggled to find the correct one to use in its place, because if he did use the correct word, it would actually have a negative connotation attached to it, for his mexicans, that it.
Posts: 1,897
Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #548
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $5175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess View Post
I'm a liberal because I don't care what happens around me as long as I get to do the things that make me happy?

If that's being a liberal then cool, I guess I'm a liberal.
No that makes you more of an anarchist or a super lazy non-idealistic libertarian. Liberals and Conservatives have agendas that are going to (at some point) harsh your buzz.
Posts: 14,501
AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #549
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Veteran
 
Exoter175's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $5080
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Donnie, you are WAY out of your league on this one.
I'm not out of my league here, not even in the slightest.

The argument is that he misused the words to convey his point, not his feelings.

He might FEEL that americans are entitled, thus his love for mexicans, but up until that statement, he was conveying the reasoning for their cheapness, and why he likes them, which stemmed from their lack of liability or responsibility.

Go back and read it if you actually think you have me beat here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess View Post
I'm a liberal because I don't care what happens around me as long as I get to do the things that make me happy?

If that's being a liberal then cool, I guess I'm a liberal.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
oh oh oh... I'll make this SUPER fair..

Let's ask KCNATIVE to judge!
Lets not have someone who openly voices his disapproval of me judge it.

We are both intelligence, why don't we judge for ourselves.

From the start of this argument, did he not remark that Mexicans are cheaper? Did he not admit that they were cheaper because they don't have warranties or carry insurance?

Simple Yes or No will work here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
I've heard if you don't vote then what happens you have to accept. Perhaps like some **** in new england making your jerk off lube illegal due to environmental concerns or some bastard in texas jacking the price of xbox controllers to $200 a piece.
That's crazy talk! Shoot the liberals!
Posts: 1,897
Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #550
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Veteran
 
Exoter175's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $5080
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
No that makes you more of an anarchist or a super lazy non-idealistic libertarian. Liberals and Conservatives have agendas that are going to (at some point) harsh your buzz.
The **** it does.

GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT BULLSHIT.

He is DEFINITELY NOT LIBERTARIAN, and I question your grasp of politics now.

Also, calling him anarchist? Are you serious?

He's definitely more accurately liberal than anything else, and he has his agenda, xbox and lube.
Posts: 1,897
Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #551
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
No that makes you more of an anarchist or a super lazy non-idealistic libertarian. Liberals and Conservatives have agendas that are going to (at some point) harsh your buzz.
I have no issues with law and order, I realize the need.

I'm just a perpetual content. I'm single, I make enough money (not a lot, but enough) to do whatever I want, drink wherever I want, hit on any girls that I want (often unsuccessfully), buy whatever xbox game I want, pay all of my bills on time, sleep whenever I want, jerk it whenever I'm off work, etc...

I have literally no political beliefs. I don't make enough money where the tax bracket I'm in pisses me off...hippies make me laugh so I'd hate it if they disappeared...I literally just don't give a shit.

As long as America is still cool, we don't get nuked or taken over by China, I can still log onto xbox live and swear at 12 year olds, and I can chat with hot babes on a high speed internet connection I'm happy.

now if I ever make real money and have real life decisions maybe politics will someday interest me more than they do today...

but as of now I like Chiefs football, random promiscuous sex, Halo 3, wonderdogs and Jersey Mike's subs...that's it. And jerking off.
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #552
KC native KC native is offline
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $5392
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
oh oh oh... I'll make this SUPER fair..

Let's ask KCNATIVE to judge!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post


Lets not have someone who openly voices his disapproval of me judge it.

We are both intelligence, why don't we judge for ourselves.
there is no love lost between Austin and I.
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 17,247
KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #553
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $5175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
Agreed, lets do it.



Wrong.

This entire thread before that comment of his, in reference to his love for mexicans, stemmed from the fact that they don't have to charge you for running a business, in direct reply to my response mentioning that you pay the prices you pay, because I have bills to pay such as insurance, because I am liable.

His argument is very clearly in statement that mexicans are cheap because they charge you for the work done, do it fast, and do it cheap.

This coming after my explanation that they can do this because the don't offer a warranty on their work or carry insurance for liabilities, a comment he later made if I am not mistaken, that he doesn't care about warranty work or insurance coverage for his "****ing mirror".

So no, you're wrong, very wrong, and he misused the word entirely, because he struggled to find the correct one to use in its place, because if he did use the correct word, it would actually have a negative connotation attached to it, for his mexicans, that it.
Oh dear. You don;t even know what we are arguing do you? We are not arguing wether he was RIGHT, we are arguing wether he knew what the word means and used it correctly to convey how he felt. He did.

Read his post about workers in the restaurant industry... it is CLEAR he knows the word and used it to convey the meaning he wanted. You can argue til your blue in the face that he is wrong... but you will continue to play the fool if you argue that he used the wrong word.

If I say the sky is black and it is daytime and it is blue... I may be wrong but I didn't misuse the word black.. I didn't pick the wrong word I was just wrong.

You claimed he misused (or didn't understand) the word... that clearly isn't the case. You SHOULD have argued that American workers are not (falsely) entitled vis a vis "Mexican" workers. Instead you attacked his word choice... and in a "real" debate you'd get your ass handed to you for doing so.
Posts: 14,501
AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #554
J Diddy J Diddy is offline
One Groovy Cat
 
J Diddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Pitt State baby
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
Agreed, lets do it.



Wrong.

This entire thread before that comment of his, in reference to his love for mexicans, stemmed from the fact that they don't have to charge you for running a business, in direct reply to my response mentioning that you pay the prices you pay, because I have bills to pay such as insurance, because I am liable.
He feels Mexicans are awesome. They can charge a lower price because they do not have huge overhead or legal operating costs.
His argument is very clearly in statement that mexicans are cheap because they charge you for the work done, do it fast, and do it cheap.
They do the job efficiently.
This coming after my explanation that they can do this because the don't offer a warranty on their work or carry insurance for liabilities, a comment he later made if I am not mistaken, that he doesn't care about warranty work or insurance coverage for his "****ing mirror".
Again we go into liability and legal implications of warrantied service.
So no, you're wrong, very wrong, and he misused the word entirely, because he struggled to find the correct one to use in its place, because if he did use the correct word, it would actually have a negative connotation attached to it, for his mexicans, that it.
For what it's worth, who gives a shit? The way he presented it is that Americans are lazy and Mexicans do not feel entitled and have to earn their money.
End of God damned debate, brought to you by a silky smooth liberal mother****er.
Posts: 29,288
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #555
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Veteran
 
Exoter175's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $5080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess View Post
I have no issues with law and order, I realize the need.
Then you are Predominantly NOT Libertarian at its core, and predominantly NOT Anarchist at its core.


You are definitely liberal.
Posts: 1,897
Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.