Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 04:49 PM  
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $0
Installing a passenger side mirror?

some dipshit kicked/punched my side mirror off and I had to go to ebay to buy a replacement...

I am not savvy enough (I'm a dipshit) to install it myself and I am getting a little bit of work done tomorrow at an auto shop and I'm going to bring the mirror with me and ask them to install it for me...

how much should I be expecting them to charge me for that labor since I have already bought the part?
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #556
KC native KC native is online now
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $1069259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
So, because we are in a consolidation phase, my answer is incorrect?

You previously referenced that we've been making cars for over a hundred years now, as if the Industry's age is some kind of inclination towards its infancy, adolescence or maturity.

Do I need to reference a much, much older industry for you to understand the bigger picture?
Words have meanings. The relative age of the automotive industry to other industries is irrelevant.
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 16,751
KC native Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC native Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC native Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC native Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC native Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC native Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC native Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC native Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC native Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC native Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC native Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #557
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $1701061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
The **** it does.

GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT BULLSHIT.

He is DEFINITELY NOT LIBERTARIAN, and I question your grasp of politics now.

Also, calling him anarchist? Are you serious?

He's definitely more accurately liberal than anything else, and he has his agenda, xbox and lube.
I know quite a bit about the actually person and a lazy(in regards to politics not overall) libertarian is a pretty spot on description of him.
Posts: 14,281
AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #558
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $0
this guy is reading way too far into things

1) blue collar mexican workers work harder and work for less than american blue collar workers (that are worth a damn)

every ****ing mexican I have worked with in this country has two full time jobs...and work their ****ing asses off doing them

I work 60 hours every week and that makes me the hardest working person amongst my friends...and it's not close.

compared to the mexican working class...I'm nothing. Those guys are true grinders.

the American working class is ****ing shit now because everyone wants to make more $$$ but they want to make more $$$ while doing less work or cutting corners

that's just how it is
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #559
J Diddy J Diddy is offline
One Groovy Cat
 
J Diddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Pitt State baby
Casino cash: $166198
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
No that makes you more of an anarchist or a super lazy non-idealistic libertarian. Liberals and Conservatives have agendas that are going to (at some point) harsh your buzz.
I was going to wish for a server to crash, but that would effect me. Therefore, I revised my evil juju. I hope all day tomorrow when walking on carpet that when you reach the door it shocks you. I mean every ****ing time.
Posts: 29,283
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #560
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Veteran
 
Exoter175's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $18417
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Oh dear. You don;t even know what we are arguing do you? We are not arguing wether he was RIGHT, we are arguing wether he knew what the word means and used it correctly to convey how he felt. He did.

Read his post about workers in the restaurant industry... it is CLEAR he knows the word and used it to convey the meaning he wanted. You can argue til your blue in the face that he is wrong... but you will continue to play the fool if you argue that he used the wrong word.

If I say the sky is black and it is daytime and it is blue... I may be wrong but I didn't misuse the word black.. I didn't pick the wrong word I was just wrong.

You claimed he misused (or didn't understand) the word... that clearly isn't the case. You SHOULD have argued that American workers are not (falsely) entitled vis a vis "Mexican" workers. Instead you attacked his word choice... and in a "real" debate you'd get your ass handed to you for doing so.
I'm not reading the entirety of your post, because you made a fatal error from the beginning.

We are not, actually, debating whether or not he knew the meaning of the word.

We are debating its usage as applied to the argument at hand, nothing more.

His usage of entitled, when discussing mexicans being cheaper beacuse they don't carry insurance or offer warranties, has nothing to do with entitlement, and everything to do with liability and responsibility.

If you believe the argument between you and I is about anything different, then you misunderstood or misinterpreted my contention that he misused the word, and would would do you well to go re-read the entirety of this thread, of which you did not participate in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
End of God damned debate, brought to you by a silky smooth liberal mother****er.
Posts: 1,882
Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #561
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $1701061
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
I was going to wish for a server to crash, but that would effect me. Therefore, I revised my evil juju. I hope all day tomorrow when walking on carpet that when you reach the door it shocks you. I mean every ****ing time.
That will be strange since there are zero carpets that I walk on that are within a few feet of a door (only area rugs). I did however promise my young niece that she could cut my hair tomorrow... so I fully expect your juju to make me end up with a freakin mohawk.
Posts: 14,281
AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #562
J Diddy J Diddy is offline
One Groovy Cat
 
J Diddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Pitt State baby
Casino cash: $166198
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
That will be strange since there are zero carpets that I walk on that are within a few feet of a door (only area rugs). I did however promise my young niece that she could cut my hair tomorrow... so I fully expect your juju to make me end up with a freakin mohawk.
Perhaps.

lol
Posts: 29,283
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #563
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $1701061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
I'm not reading the entirety of your post, because you made a fatal error from the beginning.

We are not, actually, debating whether or not he knew the meaning of the word.

We are debating its usage as applied to the argument at hand, nothing more.

His usage of entitled, when discussing mexicans being cheaper beacuse they don't carry insurance or offer warranties, has nothing to do with entitlement, and everything to do with liability and responsibility.

If you believe the argument between you and I is about anything different, then you misunderstood or misinterpreted my contention that he misused the word, and would would do you well to go re-read the entirety of this thread, of which you did not participate in.


Nope. I have read along the entire time.. Your argument has morphed into it's current state but you DID say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
You are misusing the word Entitled horrendously. Stop using that word.
And THAT is where I corrected you. You were WRONG. He used it exactly how he meant it.

You SHOULD have said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro Exotar with debate training
You are WRONG.. American workers do not feel entitled. Stop making that false argument!
Posts: 14,281
AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #564
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Veteran
 
Exoter175's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $18417
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
Words have meanings. The relative age of the automotive industry to other industries is irrelevant.
Yes, words do have meanings. The Industry is young (as I said) by comparison to every other industry out there(as I said), and is only contested in youth by a handful of other industries, of which, have been spun off from other, much older industries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
I know quite a bit about the actually person and a lazy(in regards to politics not overall) libertarian is a pretty spot on description of him.
No, it isn't.

Libertarian is a pretty spot on description of me, and nothing he has said to me about his view on politics, says Libertarian. The fact that he says he has no view on politics, should be your first clue. Libertarians have a very specific and centric core philosophy that is conveyed in their politics.

He is not one, he is however, very liberal.

There might be better suited allegiances for him to claim, but of the predominant philosophies spoken or popular, he is more liberal than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess View Post
this guy is reading way too far into things

1) blue collar mexican workers work harder and work for less than american blue collar workers (that are worth a damn)

every ****ing mexican I have worked with in this country has two full time jobs...and work their ****ing asses off doing them

I work 60 hours every week and that makes me the hardest working person amongst my friends...and it's not close.

compared to the mexican working class...I'm nothing. Those guys are true grinders.

the American working class is ****ing shit now because everyone wants to make more $$$ but they want to make more $$$ while doing less work or cutting corners

that's just how it is
1. They can because they do not carry insurance, offer warranties, and do not pay legal taxes, most of them do not file taxes, and work under the table. Because of this need, because they are undocumented, they have to work less appealing jobs where they can be paid next to nothing, under the table, for tax reasons to their employer.

Trust me, I know how that world works all too well.

They might be true grinders, but they do it illegally and do not benefit anyone in this country in doing so. In fact, because of them, more is spent because of them, than they bring to us in the savings on cheap labor, not to mention they represent a HUGE liability for many industries due to their undocumented work that must be written off by others.

You say they work hard.

Try working 60 hours a week and going to school full time, all of it lawful, paying taxes, paying tuition, and without using anyone else to lean on financially. Did I mention the part where I was running my own business on top of that?

That's hard work, and I know White Americans that work MUCH harder than I do.

Your life experiences thus far have lent you to a very dangerous, very wrongfully opinionated stance on politics, yet you claim no political view.

You might want to check that again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
I was going to wish for a server to crash, but that would effect me. Therefore, I revised my evil juju. I hope all day tomorrow when walking on carpet that when you reach the door it shocks you. I mean every ****ing time.
Hell hath no fury?
Posts: 1,882
Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #565
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Veteran
 
Exoter175's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $18417
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Nope. I have read along the entire time.. Your argument has morphed into it's current state but you DID say...



And THAT is where I corrected you. You were WRONG. He used it exactly how he meant it.

You SHOULD have said...
NO, I shouldn't have said that. My argument had nothing to do with American workers up until that point, neither did the context of the post.

Just as he shouldn't have said entitled when referencing his Mexicans being cheap in response to mine about the fact that they do not pay for insurance or carry warranties.

A point you've been avoiding this entire time, because if you admit it was said, you lose the debate, to refute the claim that it was said, breeds ignorance of the fact.

Basically, you lost this debate before you posted, because you forget to consider or check the context of the response before you tried to correct me.

You lost bud, sorry.

And if you continue to claim that you've won, I'll repeat again.

Did the OP not reply or acknowledge the reference that Mexicans are cheap because they do not have to carry insurance, or carry a warranty?

Simple yes or no here.
Posts: 1,882
Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #566
tk13 tk13 is offline
...
 

Join Date: Nov 2001
Casino cash: $131237
As a side note, I'm going to start knocking up the price of my posts by 120%. I've refined my posting style for years to entertain you people, and you can't get this kind of high quality posting anywhere else.
Posts: 35,025
tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #567
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Veteran
 
Exoter175's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $18417
Putting this here for later use.


conĚtext
[kon-tekst] Show IPA
noun
1.
the parts of a written or spoken statement that precede or follow a specific word or passage, usually influencing its meaning or effect: You have misinterpreted my remark because you took it out of context.
Posts: 1,882
Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Exoter175 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #568
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $1701061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
NO, I shouldn't have said that. My argument had nothing to do with American workers up until that point, neither did the context of the post.

Just as he shouldn't have said entitled when referencing his Mexicans being cheap in response to mine about the fact that they do not pay for insurance or carry warranties.

A point you've been avoiding this entire time, because if you admit it was said, you lose the debate, to refute the claim that it was said, breeds ignorance of the fact.

Basically, you lost this debate before you posted, because you forget to consider or check the context of the response before you tried to correct me.

You lost bud, sorry.

And if you continue to claim that you've won, I'll repeat again.

Did the OP not reply or acknowledge the reference that Mexicans are cheap because they do not have to carry insurance, or carry a warranty?

Simple yes or no here.
Is English your first language? I'll let this all slide if your using Google Translate for all of your posts.

You're slipping and sliding all over the place on this debate. Let me give you an example of what you sound like.

ME: Bluebirds are blue! I hate Bluebirds.

YOU: You obviously don't understand what the word BLUE means.

ME: Um, Bluebirds ARE blue and I don't like them at all.

YOU: You're wrong not to like bluebirds! They are nice birds!

ME: Well they ARE BLUE and no they are mean ass birds.

YOU: Bluebirds are nice to people they are only mean to other birds.. that makes them nice!

KCNATIVE: Um, I think Austinchief is right, bluebirds are blue.

YOU: NOPE he clearly doesn't understand the meaning of the word blue! I proved that when I said they were nice! CONTEXT! DEBATE OVER I WIN!

Did that make any sense? It shouldn't. It follows the same lack of cohesion and logic that your argument does.

Hootie's argument about Mexican workers being cheap had to do with a lack of a sense of entitlement. YOU brought in the lack of overhead. He is free to admit that that is ALSO true but it doesn't invalidate or have ANY bearing on his original point.
AGAIN.. you were WRONG to say he shouldn't use the WORD... you can argue that he was wrong to make the point but it doesn't change the FACT that in CONTEXT he still used the word to correctly convey how he felt. Right or wrong on his point his word choice was fine.
Posts: 14,281
AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AustinChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:02 AM   #569
Phobia Phobia is offline
Together is Powerful
 
Phobia's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $2125569096
Would anybody be upset if I closed and hid this trainwreck?
Posts: 55,723
Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.Phobia is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #570
morphius morphius is offline
World's finest morphius
 
morphius's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $211251
This makes me want to lock Exotar and Denise in their own forum. They could argue in circles, completely missing each others point, until their hands cramped up...
__________________
Herm Edwards neutering offenses one QB at a time.
Posts: 24,530
morphius would the whole thing.morphius would the whole thing.morphius would the whole thing.morphius would the whole thing.morphius would the whole thing.morphius would the whole thing.morphius would the whole thing.morphius would the whole thing.morphius would the whole thing.morphius would the whole thing.morphius would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.