Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 04:49 PM  
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Installing a passenger side mirror?

some dipshit kicked/punched my side mirror off and I had to go to ebay to buy a replacement...

I am not savvy enough (I'm a dipshit) to install it myself and I am getting a little bit of work done tomorrow at an auto shop and I'm going to bring the mirror with me and ask them to install it for me...

how much should I be expecting them to charge me for that labor since I have already bought the part?
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #91
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
I'm full of negativity because you keep handing me these life lessons I never once asked for...

I don't give a shit what you guys charge for anything. Charge 2 billion dollars per labor hour for all I care...

this whole thread was a 'hey I think I'm going to ask these guys tomorrow if they can change out this side mirror for $20 because I just want to get it done and I was told it was a 5 minute job, what is the etiquette on that?'

to which Bwana told me 'no way in hell.'

to which I thought, cool.../thread over...glad I didn't embarrass myself

but then I get 10 life lessons and a 14,000 character post telling me how much of a dipshit I was from Mr. Body Shop Man exoter

to which I said, "fine...I'd hire a Mexican to do this easy job anyways..."

because, as cheap as you think I'm being, I DON'T NEED TO SPEND MONEY ON THIS CAR TO REPLACE A MIRROR I DON'T EVEN REALLY USE. I'M ONLY REPLACING IT BECAUSE I FOUND THE PART ON EBAY FOR $100 AND I WAS TIRED OF DRIVING AROUND ON A BUSTED MIRROR (THAT SOMEONE VANDALIZED) AND LOOKING LIKE A ****ING SCUMBAG.

I'm not NOT paying for your LABOR HOUR because I'm cheap, I'm not paying it because it isn't worth anything to me....this car gets me to and from...it's not my 'pride and joy'...I don't give a shit what it looks like...it was a nice car for a really, really long time...now I'm just riding it out until it dies because it still runs really well.

Legitimately the only reason I am getting this fixed is because, as a respectable adult, I feel like I shouldn't be driving around with a busted side mirror and looking like I am from the god damn ghetto in a ****ing Audi.
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #92
JASONSAUTO JASONSAUTO is online now
Thigpen for HOF
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mid missouri
Casino cash: $9377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
Which brings me to my second point.

Labor Hour. If you don't understand what Labor Hour is, or what it means, you shouldn't be dictating price.

Simply put, Labor Hour is what I'm going to charge you PER HOUR to fix your car. IT doesn't stop there though, because I'm probably going to pull up something like Mitchell or Alldata to find out how long it is going to take me to fix it, when you come in and ask for a quote, and I'm probably going to mark up the base labor hour by 10-25% on top of that.

Why? Because its going to cost me 400+ per day to have this building with these tools, with these employees, with the insurance to cover all of them, just to be in business. I have to make my money somewhere, and where I make it is labor hour, and parts.

Since you are bringing in a part I can't mark up, I ONLY make money on the labor hour, where I'm less likely to discount you on.








This. But, as I've said, labor hour is labor hour. It doesn't go up or down depending on the condition of the car being worked on.
i cant see raising the labor because i didnt make money on the parts.

thats not really ethical to me, and i put parts people bring with them just about EVERY day. i charge what the labor would be and make sure to let them know AND note on the ticket that the parts were customer supplied and not under warranty in any way by my shop.

if thats not acceptable they can go elsewhere but i cant see charging more to make up for it.

book time is book time.

but again that probably why i'm still in business and running my ass off every day working on tons of cars
Posts: 28,924
JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #93
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
and exoter...

I'm not the type of person to ever go into a place of business and make any demands. I may go get an estimate, and if I feel like it is too much, I don't barter. I thank them and move along...

I work in the hotel industry now and I ****ing hate people who call me and barter their rates...it happens every ****ing day and drives me crazy.

So I am not a hypocrite. Someone quotes me...I either pay it or I don't...but I don't make demands and I don't say 'how about this amount instead?' I'm not that type of person even if I wanted to be...I would find it to be awkward.
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #94
Frosty Frosty is online now
Go Beavers!
 
Frosty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Warshington
Casino cash: $6491
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
but again that probably why i'm still in business and running my ass off every day working on tons of cars
A good trustworthy mechanic is worth his weight in gold, imo.
Posts: 10,134
Frosty is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Frosty is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Frosty is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Frosty is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Frosty is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Frosty is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Frosty is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Frosty is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Frosty is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Frosty is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Frosty is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #95
notorious notorious is offline
I Lay Wood for a Living
 
notorious's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Who knows?
Casino cash: $10999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess View Post
house is the same thing as a passenger side mirror on a 2002 car


Kobe!
You don't get it, and never will.



Good luck. You know that you are the equivalent of the guy expecting to get a free or discounted beer even though he never tips and/or rarely comes into the bar.

"But the beer only cost you $.75! Why do you charge $3!"


Or better yet, you are the guy that tries to sneak his own beer in.



Reality is a bitch. You could have replaced the mirror yourself instead of wasting time complaining about it here.
Posts: 31,224
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #96
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
i cant see raising the labor because i didnt make money on the parts.

thats not really ethical to me, and i put parts people bring with them just about EVERY day. i charge what the labor would be and make sure to let them know AND note on the ticket that the parts were customer supplied and not under warranty in any way by my shop.

if thats not acceptable they can go elsewhere but i cant see charging more to make up for it.

book time is book time.

but again that probably why i'm still in business and running my ass off every day working on tons of cars
so I'm getting some basic electrical work done on my car today and they said since it is an Audi it'll take about an hour and cost around $120...

if this was your shop and your quote how much additional would you charge me to install my own side mirror on a car that I was told the job is VERY simple and not time consuming?

I'm honestly JUST curious.
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #97
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $6422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
Right? I mean, the food costs like what? 3 dollars at the market? Why should I pay 20? I'll offer you 4 dollars for it since you spent 5 minutes to prepare it.



It is a nightmare is what it is. People with out common knowledge of how their vehicles work will blame you something completely unrelated.

The best, is when the cheapskates come in and you tell them that say, their right front wheel bearing is in need of immediate repair and when you quote them more than 20 bucks to replace it, they go off about the expense, then 3 weeks later you get a call with them bitching at you for the service they didn't pay for, and how their car broke down and cost them 158 dollars for a tow to a repair facility that is going to charge them 569 dollars to fix the problem.

Good god those are fun days.



Its about the cost of business and the liability that comes with it, and uneducated, uninformed people causing a fuss about the service offered, because they don't understand the cost behind it all.
Hopefully you've never bought food from a street vendor. You can't be sure that the hotdogs are cooked properly. It's a very complicated and expensive process. If the cart explodes and kills your entire family, they probably won't even give you a free brownie with a scoop of ice cream on top.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,673
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #98
JASONSAUTO JASONSAUTO is online now
Thigpen for HOF
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mid missouri
Casino cash: $9377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess View Post
so I'm getting some basic electrical work done on my car today and they said since it is an Audi it'll take about an hour and cost around $120...

if this was your shop and your quote how much additional would you charge me to install my own side mirror on a car that I was told the job is VERY simple and not time consuming?

I'm honestly JUST curious.
in my shop?


probably right around 20 bucks. LOL. seriously.

especially if you were a repeat customer.

its a really easy job on most rigs. just gotta hold your mouth right
Posts: 28,924
JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #99
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Veteran
 
Exoter175's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess View Post
I'm full of negativity because you keep handing me these life lessons I never once asked for...

I don't give a shit what you guys charge for anything. Charge 2 billion dollars per labor hour for all I care...

this whole thread was a 'hey I think I'm going to ask these guys tomorrow if they can change out this side mirror for $20 because I just want to get it done and I was told it was a 5 minute job, what is the etiquette on that?'

to which Bwana told me 'no way in hell.'

to which I thought, cool.../thread over...glad I didn't embarrass myself

but then I get 10 life lessons and a 14,000 character post telling me how much of a dipshit I was from Mr. Body Shop Man exoter

to which I said, "fine...I'd hire a Mexican to do this easy job anyways..."

because, as cheap as you think I'm being, I DON'T NEED TO SPEND MONEY ON THIS CAR TO REPLACE A MIRROR I DON'T EVEN REALLY USE. I'M ONLY REPLACING IT BECAUSE I FOUND THE PART ON EBAY FOR $100 AND I WAS TIRED OF DRIVING AROUND ON A BUSTED MIRROR (THAT SOMEONE VANDALIZED) AND LOOKING LIKE A ****ING SCUMBAG.

I'm not NOT paying for your LABOR HOUR because I'm cheap, I'm not paying it because it isn't worth anything to me....this car gets me to and from...it's not my 'pride and joy'...I don't give a shit what it looks like...it was a nice car for a really, really long time...now I'm just riding it out until it dies because it still runs really well.

Legitimately the only reason I am getting this fixed is because, as a respectable adult, I feel like I shouldn't be driving around with a busted side mirror and looking like I am from the god damn ghetto in a ****ing Audi.
You don't get it, and it is exceptionally hard to drive the point through your head, despite the fact that I've gotten much praise in PMs and Rep for my "14,000 character posts".

The point I'm trying to drive home to you is simply this.

-You clearly do not understand how a business works, how it operates, the costs associated with US bringing the Services to YOU, and extending that coverage in the case that something bad and unforeseen happens.

You sit here and bitch about not spending more than 20 dollars to get it fixed because the car is worth nothing to you, but that isn't how a mechanic or shop owner sees it. Just because you don't have pride of ownership in your stuff, doesn't mean that we don't have pride in our work.

Even if a car is worth 1 dollar, it doesn't devalue my services offered to you, that is your choice to get it fixed, but you should NEVER assume or suspect that the cost of repair would be cheap because it is a cheap car, and that is exactly what you've done here.

You commented on the fact that you'd rather toss 20 bucks to a mexican to have them fix your car, than to have your mechanic do it, if it isn't less than 20 dollars.

All I did is explain to you how business works from inside the business all the way to the customer.

The problem here is either your skull is too thick, or you really are just too stupid in the world of business to understand what I've told you.

Not my problem.

I will admit though, I used you as a soapbox to hopefully explain to others how the business works so people like you don't make the same foolish mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
i cant see raising the labor because i didnt make money on the parts.

thats not really ethical to me, and i put parts people bring with them just about EVERY day. i charge what the labor would be and make sure to let them know AND note on the ticket that the parts were customer supplied and not under warranty in any way by my shop.

if thats not acceptable they can go elsewhere but i cant see charging more to make up for it.

book time is book time.

but again that probably why i'm still in business and running my ass off every day working on tons of cars
Read that again Sauto, I didn't speak about raising the labor hour because I wouldn't make profit, in fact it was the inverse, that I wouldn't be lowering the labor hour because I couldn't make profit on it.

Disregard the unethical bit, it is strictly unlawful to do so in a place of business.
Posts: 1,971
Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #100
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
You don't get it, and never will.



Good luck. You know that you are the equivalent of the guy expecting to get a free or discounted beer even though he never tips and/or rarely comes into the bar.

"But the beer only cost you $.75! Why do you charge $3!"


Or better yet, you are the guy that tries to sneak his own beer in.



Reality is a bitch. You could have replaced the mirror yourself instead of wasting time complaining about it here.
I am ignorant when it comes to cars. No doubt in my mind. I'd never say otherwise. I made this thread because I was willing to spend $20 on this process and was wondering if I'd come off as rude to make that offer when I went in today for my appointment. That was all.

As for the second part in your argument...I'm a well documented bar frequenter...I'm also a well documented douche bag.

Do you really think these bars would let me ever come back if I A) brought my own beer in and B) didn't tip?

100% of my expendable income is spent on bars and, more importantly, tips...because if I didn't tip and tip very well these bars would never let me come back in.
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #101
JASONSAUTO JASONSAUTO is online now
Thigpen for HOF
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mid missouri
Casino cash: $9377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
You don't get it, and it is exceptionally hard to drive the point through your head, despite the fact that I've gotten much praise in PMs and Rep for my "14,000 character posts".

The point I'm trying to drive home to you is simply this.

-You clearly do not understand how a business works, how it operates, the costs associated with US bringing the Services to YOU, and extending that coverage in the case that something bad and unforeseen happens.

You sit here and bitch about not spending more than 20 dollars to get it fixed because the car is worth nothing to you, but that isn't how a mechanic or shop owner sees it. Just because you don't have pride of ownership in your stuff, doesn't mean that we don't have pride in our work.

Even if a car is worth 1 dollar, it doesn't devalue my services offered to you, that is your choice to get it fixed, but you should NEVER assume or suspect that the cost of repair would be cheap because it is a cheap car, and that is exactly what you've done here.

You commented on the fact that you'd rather toss 20 bucks to a mexican to have them fix your car, than to have your mechanic do it, if it isn't less than 20 dollars.

All I did is explain to you how business works from inside the business all the way to the customer.

The problem here is either your skull is too thick, or you really are just too stupid in the world of business to understand what I've told you.

Not my problem.

I will admit though, I used you as a soapbox to hopefully explain to others how the business works so people like you don't make the same foolish mistakes.



Read that again Sauto, I didn't speak about raising the labor hour because I wouldn't make profit, in fact it was the inverse, that I wouldn't be lowering the labor hour because I couldn't make profit on it.

Disregard the unethical bit, it is strictly unlawful to do so in a place of business.
why would you raise the labor rate 10-20% then?
Posts: 28,924
JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #102
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
in my shop?


probably right around 20 bucks. LOL. seriously.

especially if you were a repeat customer.

its a really easy job on most rigs. just gotta hold your mouth right
my roommate is a big car guy and he told me to go in there and ask them if they could do it for $20 since I already had the part and since it was such an easy thing to do...

as a person who doesn't like to make an asshole out of myself (sober at least), I made this thread to solicit opinions on whether or not this "hey by the way, I have this mirror and was wondering if I could get you to change it for like $20" would be an offensive offer and apparently not only is it offensive...but it warranted 35 life lessons.
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #103
notorious notorious is offline
I Lay Wood for a Living
 
notorious's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Who knows?
Casino cash: $10999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess View Post
but it warranted 35 life lessons.
This is how we roll.


You do have the unique ability to draw a lot of attention.
Posts: 31,224
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #104
Pestilence Pestilence is offline
Want a ride?
 
Pestilence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nor-Cal
Casino cash: $2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess View Post
my roommate is a big car guy and he told me to go in there and ask them if they could do it for $20 since I already had the part and since it was such an easy thing to do...

as a person who doesn't like to make an asshole out of myself (sober at least), I made this thread to solicit opinions on whether or not this "hey by the way, I have this mirror and was wondering if I could get you to change it for like $20" would be an offensive offer and apparently not only is it offensive...but it warranted 35 life lessons.
I wouldn't offer up an actual number. I'd just ask them how much they would charge since they're already working on your car. If you don't like the quote....obviously don't do it.
Posts: 44,609
Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #105
JASONSAUTO JASONSAUTO is online now
Thigpen for HOF
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mid missouri
Casino cash: $9377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post

Labor Hour. If you don't understand what Labor Hour is, or what it means, you shouldn't be dictating price.

Simply put, Labor Hour is what I'm going to charge you PER HOUR to fix your car. IT doesn't stop there though, because I'm probably going to pull up something like Mitchell or Alldata to find out how long it is going to take me to fix it, when you come in and ask for a quote, and I'm probably going to mark up the base labor hour by 10-25% on top of that.

Why? Because its going to cost me 400+ per day to have this building with these tools, with these employees, with the insurance to cover all of them, just to be in business.
I have to make my money somewhere, and where I make it is labor hour, and parts.

.
see here is where you said you would RAISE the labor rate by 10 - 20 %


that IMO is unethical. Book times are there for a reason.

it doesnt matter what your building and employees cost you. not making money? do better work.
Posts: 28,924
JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.