Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 11:56 PM  
'Hamas' Jenkins 'Hamas' Jenkins is offline
Emptying the Trash
 
'Hamas' Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Casino cash: $197889
****Official 2013-14 Missouri Tiger Football Repository Thread****

We have two things to look forward to this year:

1) The potential beginning of the Maty Mauk Era. Mauk represents the best chance for this program to get back to a level of respectability after horrendous QB play cost us multiple games last year.

2) The last year of the Gary Pinkel era. Pinkel's entrenched cronyism won't play in a conference this competitive, especially if he couples his abysmal gameday coaching with lackadaisical, worst-in-conference recruiting. Pinkel was the formerly adequate meal that has now turned into a four pound bowel obstruction. It's time to jam a Fleet's enema up our collective asses.

Here is the schedule. We dodge Alabama, LSU, and Arkansas in the west and the Non-con is decidedly weaker than years past.

8/31: Murray State
9/7: Toledo
9/21: @ Indiana
9/28: Arkansas State
10/5:@ Vanderbilt
10/12: @ Georgia
10/19:Florida
10/26: South Carolina
11/2:Tennessee
11/9: @ Kentucky
11/23: @ Ole Miss
11/30: aTm

Looks like 6-6. Undefeated in non-con, 2-6 in league play.

I will eventually update the OP with a list of high profile in-state recruits that decide to go elsewhere after a half-assed attempt to gain their services. The inevitable cavalcade of *** rejects, skeezers, skanks, and scalliwags we get will fill out the ranks.


Razors, cyanide capsules, and Jonestown Kool-Aid are available in the break room. Second door on the left.

Since every Mizzou thread eventually dies of AIDS, I recommend starting anti-retroviral therapy immediately. I believe Walgreens covers Express Scripts.


Premium In-State Players:

Roderick Johnson: **** OT, Florissant, MO.
Monte Harrison: **** WR, Lee's Summit, MO.
Jimmy Swain: **** LB, Lee's Summit, MO


Commitment List: From to and possibly

Spoiler!

Last edited by 'Hamas' Jenkins; 11-09-2013 at 12:02 PM..
Posts: 57,227
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 10-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #1891
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186282
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint* View Post
I know exactly what you're trying to say.

You've built a theory that's not based in reality and offered an apples to oranges comparison to support it. I already explained why I disagree in like 5 different posts in this thread and have failed to persuade you. That's fine we can agree to disagree on that point.
Meanwhile, you're making an absolute statement, and I'm suggesting that there is more than one possible scenario.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,520
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 10-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #1892
'Hamas' Jenkins 'Hamas' Jenkins is offline
Emptying the Trash
 
'Hamas' Jenkins's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Casino cash: $197889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
It's the same source, so either their methodology behind the conclusions they drew make them a reliable source of information, or it doesn't...and I don't think the physics behind the effects of cold and/or moisture on leather has changed since the Bush administration.
Or, they've compiled...gasp...more information.

But please, continue to talk about statistical methodology on one hand while concurrently talking about your perception of Florida's psychology in the same thread. Nothing relativistic about that whatsoever.
__________________
A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try.
Posts: 57,227
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 10-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #1893
warpaint* warpaint* is offline
Facts are stubborn things.
 
warpaint*'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Missourah!
Casino cash: $19752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
Meanwhile, you're making an absolute statement, and I'm suggesting that there is more than one possible scenario.
Possible? It's possible I could win the Powerball this week.

There's just no reason to believe I'm going to

Nor is there any reason to believe Fla's going to pack it in

Why?

B/C the SEC Championship is still very much within their grasp. Whether they will win it or not is another story, but they are capable and have a recent and long term history that supports that notion. There is a better chance of them coming in overconfident IMO than there is that they'd pack it in or whatever.

If we were running into them at the end of an underwhelming season where they failed to reach their goals and/or had just fired their coach or whatever sure I'd entertain that possibility. We see that plenty.

We pretty much never see 4-2 teams pack it in with conference championships still on the table. They may not play well Sat but that won't be the reason.
__________________
Posts: 1,126
warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
 
Old 10-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #1894
Mosbonian Mosbonian is offline
On Hiatus
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $940
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
?
Not sure what the question mark is there for....

Your answers aren't over the top like some teams fans would be, and they aren't condescending. For areas we point out we believe you are weak you have an answer(sometimes rebutting, sometimes confirming)

There is a difference in cockiness and confidence. I would assume you are confident that your team can come in and win because of your answers. But I also see that you know your areas of weakness.
Posts: 8,525
Mosbonian has disabled reputation
 
Old 10-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #1895
DaKCMan AP DaKCMan AP is offline
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity
 
DaKCMan AP's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $71586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Not sure what the question mark is there for....

Your answers aren't over the top like some teams fans would be, and they aren't condescending. For areas we point out we believe you are weak you have an answer(sometimes rebutting, sometimes confirming)

There is a difference in cockiness and confidence. I would assume you are confident that your team can come in and win because of your answers. But I also see that you know your areas of weakness.
Fair enough.
__________________
Posts: 33,596
DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.
 
Old 10-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #1896
Mosbonian Mosbonian is offline
On Hiatus
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $940
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint* View Post
Possible? It's possible I could win the Powerball this week.

There's just no reason to believe I'm going to

Nor is there any reason to believe Fla's going to pack it in

Why?

B/C the SEC Championship is still very much within their grasp. Whether they will win it or not is another story, but they are capable and have a recent and long term history that supports that notion. There is a better chance of them coming in overconfident IMO than there is that they'd pack it in or whatever.

If we were running into them at the end of an underwhelming season where they failed to reach their goals and/or had just fired their coach or whatever sure I'd entertain that possibility. We see that plenty.

We pretty much never see 4-2 teams pack it in with conference championships still on the table. They may not play well Sat but that won't be the reason.
The flip side of that is that all it would take is a quick strike or 2 and MU being up 14-0 and having a raucous crowd to set a team already hurting from injuries back on their heels.

MU fans needs to treat this game no different than when they were watching MU kick the a$$ of OU in Faurot and when they used KU like a chew toy in Arrowhead that last game. I think if you sit down thru the first quarter at any time you should be asked to give your seat to someone who cares.
Posts: 8,525
Mosbonian has disabled reputation
 
Old 10-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #1897
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186282
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Or, they've compiled...gasp...more information.

But please, continue to talk about statistical methodology on one hand while concurrently talking about your perception of Florida's psychology in the same thread. Nothing relativistic about that whatsoever.
Your article never even addresses scoring. It addresses play calling and yards per play...and finds that there isn't much impact. Here is the summary paragraph from your own article:

Teams are definitely leaning to the run on windy days, but the effect is only prominent in significantly windy conditions, greater than 15 mph. And even in winds of over 20 mph, offenses are trading only about 5 passes for runs in an entire game, or about 2-3 per team.


The article I posted had a sample size of 1,280 games...every game played over four seasons. It determined that home teams actually score slightly more points in bad conditions whereas visiting teams score slightly less.


Your gotcha at the end suggests that I'm stating as fact that Florida will collapse. Quite the opposite, I've said quite clearly that it is simply a possibility. Sorry, dude.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,520
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 10-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #1898
warpaint* warpaint* is offline
Facts are stubborn things.
 
warpaint*'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Missourah!
Casino cash: $19752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
The flip side of that is that all it would take is a quick strike or 2 and MU being up 14-0 and having a raucous crowd to set a team already hurting from injuries back on their heels.

MU fans needs to treat this game no different than when they were watching MU kick the a$$ of OU in Faurot and when they used KU like a chew toy in Arrowhead that last game. I think if you sit down thru the first quarter at any time you should be asked to give your seat to someone who cares.
It looks like a confident team to me, I don't think they're afraid of anyone. It will be interesting to see if they maintain that confidence with Mauk at the helm.
__________________
Posts: 1,126
warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
 
Old 10-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #1899
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186282
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint* View Post
Possible? It's possible I could win the Powerball this week.

There's just no reason to believe I'm going to

Nor is there any reason to believe Fla's going to pack it in

Why?

B/C the SEC Championship is still very much within their grasp. Whether they will win it or not is another story, but they are capable and have a recent and long term history that supports that notion. There is a better chance of them coming in overconfident IMO than there is that they'd pack it in or whatever.

If we were running into them at the end of an underwhelming season where they failed to reach their goals and/or had just fired their coach or whatever sure I'd entertain that possibility. We see that plenty.

We pretty much never see 4-2 teams pack it in with conference championships still on the table. They may not play well Sat but that won't be the reason.
Well...you've certainly made your opinion known. You think there is nearly a 100% chance that Florida fights with everything they have for 60 minutes regardless of whether or not we jump on them early. I think there is a possibility that they aren't as mentally tough as you think they are. I'm not saying you're wrong...just that I'd like to make this game a war and find out if the Gators have any quit in them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,520
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 10-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #1900
Mosbonian Mosbonian is offline
On Hiatus
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $940
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint* View Post
It looks like a confident team to me, I don't think they're afraid of anyone. It will be interesting to see if they maintain that confidence with Mauk at the helm.
The above highlighted is the responsibility of both Pinkel and Henson to make sure is there.....both from Mauk's view and the team.

The first guy who shows the emotion that he doesn't trust/support Mauk should find himself a seat on the bench.
Posts: 8,525
Mosbonian has disabled reputation
 
Old 10-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #1901
warpaint* warpaint* is offline
Facts are stubborn things.
 
warpaint*'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Missourah!
Casino cash: $19752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
Well...you've certainly made your opinion known. You think there is nearly a 100% chance that Florida fights with everything they have for 60 minutes regardless of whether or not we jump on them early. I think there is a possibility that they aren't as mentally tough as you think they are. I'm not saying you're wrong...just that I'd like to make this game a war and find out if the Gators have any quit in them.
One thing is for sure is that I would love to test your theory.

Not to prove you wrong either IYKWIM.
__________________
Posts: 1,126
warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
 
Old 10-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #1902
duncan_idaho duncan_idaho is offline
M-I-Z-Z-O-U
 
duncan_idaho's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $80612
Things Missouri must do to win:

1) Continue to win up front on defense. The Missouri defensive line has been excellent against Georgia and Vanderbilt. It must continue to play at a high level and prevent Florida from grinding it out and controlling the clock.

The D has been most vulnerable of late to designed runs out of spread formation, vs. a nickel look. To combat this, Missouri might run base (4-3) sets against 3- and 4- WRs on early (non-passing) downs.

The defensive ends, Michael Sam/Shane Ray and Kony Ealy/Markus Golden, are possibly the best group in the SEC. And that's according to sources outside Missouri (including Georgia analysts).

2) Force Florida to play in-between with its safeties. Florida's secondary is good enough that if the safeties can play deep, Missouri's passing game will have little to no traction. Missouri must run the ball effectively when Florida's safeties are playing deep. If the safeties play up to help against the run, the Tigers must hit some throws downfield to force them out of the box.

3) Avoid turnovers deep in own territory. Mauk is probably going to throw a few interceptions. Missouri can't afford those turnovers to convert automatically to points. A pick is fine... as long as it isn't returned for a TD, or set Florida up in automatic FG range.

4) Use misdirection and get vertical. Missouri's offense in the past has been guilty of playing too horizontal against Ds with the kind of speed Florida brings to the table. The Tigers LIKELY find more room on bubble screens thanks to the double pass TD by Sasser, but they can't be a staple.

Missouri needs to attack the middle of the field, as well as intermediate areas, to move the ball.
__________________
"You gotta love livin', cause dying is a pain in the ass."
---- Sinatra
Posts: 7,605
duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
 
Old 10-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #1903
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186282
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint* View Post
Possible? It's possible I could win the Powerball this week.

There's just no reason to believe I'm going to

Nor is there any reason to believe Fla's going to pack it in

Why?

B/C the SEC Championship is still very much within their grasp. Whether they will win it or not is another story, but they are capable and have a recent and long term history that supports that notion. There is a better chance of them coming in overconfident IMO than there is that they'd pack it in or whatever.

If we were running into them at the end of an underwhelming season where they failed to reach their goals and/or had just fired their coach or whatever sure I'd entertain that possibility. We see that plenty.

We pretty much never see 4-2 teams pack it in with conference championships still on the table. They may not play well Sat but that won't be the reason.
I should add that the overconfidence factor plays into my thought process.

I've heard interviews from players talking about this...one recently with Matt Leinert in particular talking about the 2002 game against KSU. They flew in from Los Angeles and were like "WTF is this" when they got to Manhattan. From the time they arrived, they just wanted to get the **** out of there.

They got on the plane thinking they were going to hand KSU their asses, but they realized pretty quickly that they were in for more than they had bargained for. KSU got up on them early and controlled the game the whole way. IIRC, USC made it respectable by scoring some points after the game was no longer in doubt, but Leinert pretty much said that they folded.

It happens, and this seems like it could have the makings of that kind of game.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,520
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 10-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #1904
duncan_idaho duncan_idaho is offline
M-I-Z-Z-O-U
 
duncan_idaho's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $80612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
The above highlighted is the responsibility of both Pinkel and Henson to make sure is there.....both from Mauk's view and the team.

The first guy who shows the emotion that he doesn't trust/support Mauk should find himself a seat on the bench.
Interesting read from the Star regarding the team's thoughts on Mauk.

He was a key recruiter in his recruiting class, which included (among others) DGB and Boehm. Think the kid is pretty well liked.
__________________
"You gotta love livin', cause dying is a pain in the ass."
---- Sinatra
Posts: 7,605
duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.duncan_idaho 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
 
Old 10-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #1905
warpaint* warpaint* is offline
Facts are stubborn things.
 
warpaint*'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Missourah!
Casino cash: $19752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
I should add that the overconfidence factor plays into my thought process.

I've heard interviews from players talking about this...one recently with Matt Leinert in particular talking about the 2002 game against KSU. They flew in from Los Angeles and were like "WTF is this" when they got to Manhattan. From the time they arrived, they just wanted to get the **** out of there.

They got on the plane thinking they were going to hand KSU their asses, but they realized pretty quickly that they were in for more than they had bargained for. KSU got up on them early and controlled the game the whole way. IIRC, USC made it respectable by scoring some points after the game was no longer in doubt, but Leinert pretty much said that they folded.

It happens, and this seems like it could have the makings of that kind of game.
That's a very different scenario. I don't think it will happen b/c we're 6-0 but w/ a backup QB and our pedigree vs their's it's not difficult to fathom Fla not respecting Mizzou.
__________________
Posts: 1,126
warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.