Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Royal Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 07:50 AM  
DA_T_84 DA_T_84 is online now
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs
 
DA_T_84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ATX & OPKS
Casino cash: $7552
VARSITY
Are the Jets an option for Geno trade?

Not trying to break any ground here, just some quick thoughts on if this is an option:

The Jets have absolute shit at QB. They have the 9th, and probably the 13th if the Revis-to-Tampa deal goes down. They can probably get more value from the two firsts, but anything can happen. Especially if they think there will be a QB run in the top 10 picks that will take 2-3 of the top guys out of the running.

Has there been any rumored interest in Geno from the Jets?



For the record, I want Geno; I just think we end up trading down.
Posts: 9,670
DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DA_T_84 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #31
oldandslow oldandslow is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Casino cash: $5964
There is no way the jets are gonna trade 9, 13, 39 and a pick next year for G. Smith.

If they do, the Chiefs better be on that like a bear on honey.
Posts: 3,794
oldandslow 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellioldandslow 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellioldandslow 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellioldandslow 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellioldandslow 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellioldandslow 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellioldandslow 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellioldandslow 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellioldandslow 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellioldandslow 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellioldandslow 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #32
B14ckmon B14ckmon is offline
Jagwire
 
B14ckmon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Sweet Jesus, I'm not and idiot!
No chance in hell.
__________________
Luke Joeckel - Chiefs LT of the Future!
Posts: 2,316
B14ckmon < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.B14ckmon < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.B14ckmon < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.B14ckmon < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.B14ckmon < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.B14ckmon < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.B14ckmon < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.B14ckmon < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.B14ckmon < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.B14ckmon < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.B14ckmon < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #33
Mr_Tomahawk Mr_Tomahawk is offline
Prestige Worldwide
 
Mr_Tomahawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spring Hill, KS
Casino cash: $8074
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
There is no way the jets are gonna trade 9, 13, 39 and a pick next year for G. Smith.

If they do, the Chiefs better be on that like a bear on honey.
This.

We would be lucky to swap ONE of their 1st rnd picks, get their second and next years first.

No way we get BOTH of their 1st rnd picks unless that was it...
__________________
Adopt-A-Chief: Tyler Bray
Posts: 14,401
Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #34
Pasta Giant Meatball Pasta Giant Meatball is offline
Hungry?
 
Pasta Giant Meatball's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Casino cash: $11410
They won't, they'll snag Geno for themselves at 1
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zarth View Post
If this team goes 9-7 I'll eat a bug.
Posts: 32,002
Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #35
Rausch Rausch is offline
MVP
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $15038
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGM View Post
They won't, they'll snag Geno for themselves at 1
With magic?...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 51,677
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #36
Frankie Frankie is offline
Banned
 
Frankie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
There is no way the jets are gonna trade 9, 13, 39 and a pick next year for G. Smith.

If they do, the Chiefs better be on that like a bear on honey.
No team will pay the draft chart value for 1.1 this year. The Chiefs would do well to run a sale on that pick and see if there are any takers. Almost anything added to someone's 1st (within reason of course) is a compensation KC should accept. There's not really that much difference between players we take at 1.1 or, say, 1.8.
Posts: 27,013
Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #37
Sweet Daddy Hate Sweet Daddy Hate is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ABQNM
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGM View Post
They won't, they'll snag Geno for themselves at 1
This. And Cockmon will weep and moan...
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 18,397
Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #38
Rausch Rausch is offline
MVP
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $15038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
No team will pay the draft chart value for 1.1 this year. The Chiefs would do well to run a sale on that pick and see if there are any takers. Almost anything added to someone's 1st (within reason of course) is a compensation KC should accept. There's not really that much difference between players we take at 1.1 or 1.8.
This.

I'd take far below value to trade down.

If we got a 2nd and 6th to move down 4 spots I'd be all over it...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 51,677
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #39
Pasta Giant Meatball Pasta Giant Meatball is offline
Hungry?
 
Pasta Giant Meatball's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Casino cash: $11410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie View Post
This. And Cockmon will weep and moan...
Posted via Mobile Device
When doesn't she?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zarth View Post
If this team goes 9-7 I'll eat a bug.
Posts: 32,002
Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Giant Meatball is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #40
Frankie Frankie is offline
Banned
 
Frankie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk View Post
This.

We would be lucky to swap ONE of their 1st rnd picks, get their second and next years first.

No way we get BOTH of their 1st rnd picks unless that was it...
I would jump on THAT like a horny teen ager on a blow-up doll. Especially if the 1 is their earlier one.
Posts: 27,013
Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #41
cardken2 cardken2 is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Casino cash: $5000
As a Jets fan, I can tell you with certainty, the Jets are not interested in Smith. They have spoke with him but I believe this is posturing. The Jets are stuck with Sanchez through this season, they signed Gerard to push him and Tebow will be released any day now , in that the Jets have found zero interest in him fro other teams. Look for TebowTime in Canada next year.
__________________
Louisville Cardinals "Throw Your "L's" up!
Posts: 137
cardken2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcardken2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcardken2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcardken2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcardken2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcardken2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcardken2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcardken2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcardken2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcardken2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutcardken2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #42
Coogs Coogs is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Northern Kansas
Casino cash: $6697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Sweet Jesus, I'm not and idiot!
I ran your little trade thing you did in the OP in a thread yesterday. If the Jets would do the 9 and 13 thing with Jax as proposed, they would surely do the same with us.

AND, if we do not want Geno, I would think we would be interested in that deal.
Posts: 17,668
Coogs has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #43
Sweet Daddy Hate Sweet Daddy Hate is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ABQNM
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardken2 View Post
As a Jets fan, I can tell you with certainty, the Jets are not interested in Smith. They have spoke with him but I believe this is posturing. The Jets are stuck with Sanchez through this season, they signed Gerard to push him and Tebow will be released any day now , in that the Jets have found zero interest in him fro other teams. Look for TebowTime in Canada next year.
Excellent news.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 18,397
Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #44
Sweet Daddy Hate Sweet Daddy Hate is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: ABQNM
Casino cash: $5000
Yep, stuck with the pick and no lineman is worth it. Hello Geno!
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 18,397
Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sweet Daddy Hate < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #45
Exoter175 Exoter175 is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $1893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Not trying to break any ground here, just some quick thoughts on if this is an option:

The Jets have absolute shit at QB. They have the 9th, and probably the 13th if the Revis-to-Tampa deal goes down. They can probably get more value from the two firsts, but anything can happen. Especially if they think there will be a QB run in the top 10 picks that will take 2-3 of the top guys out of the running.

Has there been any rumored interest in Geno from the Jets?



For the record, I want Geno; I just think we end up trading down.
Is it an option? Yes. Absolutely yes. They need more help at the QB position than most teams, and the management, despite being talented and stoic, is starting to shake a bit with the foundation of the franchise upon them in what should have been dynasty years, turning into rebuilding years.

The Jets FO NEEDS to move on a QB now, rather than later. Sanchez is not it, and the franchise knows it. However, the Jets simply don't have the cap room to make a lot of moves right now, which is why that defense is getting gutted.

On the flipside, now more than ever is the time for the Jets to make a move on a franchise QB because they'll get one at absolute rock bottom pricing while they try to rebuild the interior on both sides of the line.

The question is, as the Jets GM, do you risk sending the Chiefs your 1st, 2nd, and next year's second, for the 1.1 to get a QB? Or do you use the three picks in those two years to use as building blocks for your 2015/2016 team, presuming you land a QB in that time?

As much as the Jets want it, I don't think they do it this year. As much as they'd love to relieve Sanchez, I think they bite it and draft for the future this draft. Plenty of talent to build on in the first 4 rounds of this draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie View Post
Can't WAIT to see Geno in red and gold, baby!
Posted via Mobile Device
Won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjayhawks5 View Post
So people honestly believe we are getting Geno?
Some people have such blind faith right now, that they could have Dorsey and Reid come out and say right now that they will not take a QB in this draft, and they wouldn't have their faith falter for a moment, until after the draft.

Then, in a serious 180, they'll be some of the largest critics of the QB's from this draft, saying it was a brilliant choice not to draft Geno, to make up for their blind faith, well, blinding them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
There is no way the jets are gonna trade 9, 13, 39 and a pick next year for G. Smith.

If they do, the Chiefs better be on that like a bear on honey.
Not a chance. It either goes 9, 39, and next years' 2nd, or 9 &13 for our 1st, 3rd, and next years' 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie View Post
Yep, stuck with the pick and no lineman is worth it. Hello Geno!
Posted via Mobile Device
You must be trolling.

Warmack is top notch but nobody dares draft a Guard in the top 10, let alone 1.1, JoeckdkfldjlsL is a top notch tackle, and being a team built upon the run and likely building upon the play action, I don't see any drawback to anchoring the tackle position this year, even if jodkdkljlkjlL slides to the right this year, to be evaluated for a season to take over Albert's spot next year.
Posts: 2,197
Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Exoter175 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:22 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.