Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 11:35 PM  
-King- -King- is offline
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $8581
****OFFICIAL 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD****

2012-2013 NBA Champions:

Last edited by -King-; 06-22-2013 at 02:22 PM..
Posts: 39,228
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #5641
DaKCMan AP DaKCMan AP is offline
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity
 
DaKCMan AP's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $5855
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy View Post
Really? You really don't know why it would be a failure for the Heat not to repeat and wouldn't be near the same amount of failure for the Spurs?

Sounds like you're just looking for an out when this all goes south.
No, still expect Miami to win. Just stating facts.

Fact: Both teams are within 1 win of each other over the past 3 years.

Fact: One of those teams has made the Finals 3 straight times.

Fact: The other made the Finals once.

Yet 1 is success and 1 is failure? Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Wait, so if you set your expectations at 7 Championships and 3 years in, you've delivered one, is that not a failure?

The Spurs didn't come out and set those Championship or bust expectations. The Heat did. So of course when they don't win, it's a bigger failure.
The question isn't about the Heat. It's about the Spurs and why winning an average of 56 games/year yet 0 champs and only 1 Finals appearance to show for it isn't considered failure when a team who has achieved more in the same time span would be ridiculed as a failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
These. They brought all this upon themselves and it looks like you are already preparing excuses for a loss.
No excuses. Still think they win.
__________________
Posts: 33,670
DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #5642
DaKCMan AP DaKCMan AP is offline
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity
 
DaKCMan AP's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $5855
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy View Post
Yep. Heat fans better love their team now and next year.

After that, it's back to a half empty arena.
1. Disagree.

2. Still loved the team then.
__________________
Posts: 33,670
DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #5643
DaKCMan AP DaKCMan AP is offline
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity
 
DaKCMan AP's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $5855
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy View Post
The Spurs have won 4 titles with their big 3, most of them are on their last legs, and this team was built by the GM, not by forming a super team.
So - regular season performance vs. post season performance doesn't matter? All that matters is words spoken at a press conference and how the team was assembled?
__________________
Posts: 33,670
DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #5644
-King- -King- is offline
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $8581
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy View Post
Really? You really don't know why it would be a failure for the Heat not to repeat and wouldn't be near the same amount of failure for the Spurs?

Sounds like you're just looking for an out when this all goes south.
This.
__________________
43-8
Posts: 39,228
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #5645
KC native KC native is online now
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $7991
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
No, still expect Miami to win. Just stating facts.

Fact: Both teams are within 1 win of each other over the past 3 years.

Fact: One of those teams has made the Finals 3 straight times.

Fact: The other made the Finals once.

Yet 1 is success and 1 is failure? Ok.



The question isn't about the Heat. It's about the Spurs and why winning an average of 56 games/year yet 0 champs and only 1 Finals appearance to show for it isn't considered failure when a team who has achieved more in the same time span would be ridiculed as a failure.



No excuses. Still think they win.
Well, if the Spurs had played in the East during that time, then they would have 3 consecutive Finals appearances. The Spurs have had to go through the playoffs against real teams.
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 17,636
KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #5646
KC native KC native is online now
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $7991
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
So - regular season performance vs. post season performance doesn't matter? All that matters is words spoken at a press conference and how the team was assembled?
How many rings does LeBron have again and how many does Tim Duncan have again?

Spurs have been successful for over a decade and won 4 rings. Heat bought one last year and said they were going to win several.
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 17,636
KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #5647
Setsuna Setsuna is offline
Ronin
 
Setsuna's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gator Country
Casino cash: $5520
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
Didn't you say Miami in 5 or 6 before the series started?
Yes let's roast someone for an opinion. Logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven....
Yes, you've never said anything with surety and been wrong about it your entire life. You should be President.

Both you guys are perfection incarnate. Why don't you two take your places in the sky overlooking the world while we erect statues and worship you.
__________________
RESOLVE
Posts: 10,342
Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #5648
Pitt Gorilla Pitt Gorilla is offline
Banned!
 
Pitt Gorilla's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: NOT Columbia, MO 65201
Casino cash: $6471
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
So a declaration is all that matters? Not actual regular season vs. post-season performance?

Lame.
When you talk the talk, you need to walk the walk.
__________________

That rabbit is crazy; I'm Brian Waters!

Kotter: "You are lucky I'm truly not the vindictive or psycho type...I'd be careful from now on, and I'd just back the hell off if I were you....otherwise, the Mizzou "extension office" life might get exciting"

Kotter: "You're just gay. G-A-Y. Gay."
Posts: 21,300
Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #5649
-King- -King- is offline
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $8581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
Yes let's roast someone for an opinion. Logic.


Yes, you've never said anything with surety and been wrong about it your entire life. You should be President.

Both you guys are perfection incarnate. Why don't you two take your places in the sky overlooking the world while we erect statues and worship you.
Ok....?
__________________
43-8
Posts: 39,228
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #5650
KC native KC native is online now
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $7991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
Yes let's roast someone for an opinion. Logic.


Yes, you've never said anything with surety and been wrong about it your entire life. You should be President.

Both you guys are perfection incarnate. Why don't you two take your places in the sky overlooking the world while we erect statues and worship you.
That dickhead has been sniping at me through this whole playoffs thread. **** off with your white knight routine.
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 17,636
KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #5651
ChiefsCountry ChiefsCountry is offline
MVP
 
ChiefsCountry's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lake of the Ozarks
Casino cash: $7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
The Spurs have had to go through the playoffs against real teams.
You lost against the #8 seed and then to the team the Heat throttled in the Finals.
Posts: 28,242
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #5652
Pitt Gorilla Pitt Gorilla is offline
Banned!
 
Pitt Gorilla's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: NOT Columbia, MO 65201
Casino cash: $6471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
Yes let's roast someone for an opinion. Logic.


Yes, you've never said anything with surety and been wrong about it your entire life. You should be President.

Both you guys are perfection incarnate. Why don't you two take your places in the sky overlooking the world while we erect statues and worship you.
When you make a declaration, it's fodder for debate. If Timmay had claimed that they were going to rape through the Heat in 4, he'd be called out as well.
__________________

That rabbit is crazy; I'm Brian Waters!

Kotter: "You are lucky I'm truly not the vindictive or psycho type...I'd be careful from now on, and I'd just back the hell off if I were you....otherwise, the Mizzou "extension office" life might get exciting"

Kotter: "You're just gay. G-A-Y. Gay."
Posts: 21,300
Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #5653
KC native KC native is online now
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $7991
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
You lost against the #8 seed and then to the team the Heat throttled in the Finals.


The butthurt is strong with you.
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 17,636
KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #5654
The Bad Guy The Bad Guy is offline
Scott Pioli
 
The Bad Guy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: The Copacobana
Casino cash: $5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
No, still expect Miami to win. Just stating facts.

Fact: Both teams are within 1 win of each other over the past 3 years.

Fact: One of those teams has made the Finals 3 straight times.

Fact: The other made the Finals once.

Yet 1 is success and 1 is failure? Ok.



The question isn't about the Heat. It's about the Spurs and why winning an average of 56 games/year yet 0 champs and only 1 Finals appearance to show for it isn't considered failure when a team who has achieved more in the same time span would be ridiculed as a failure.



No excuses. Still think they win.
Because the Spurs have won their rings. They have 4. They are old and no fans had the lofty expectations that the HEAT themselves put forward when they created this ridiculous team. You are also defending champions and that carries a ton of weight.

It's really not that difficult, unless you want to stick your fingers in your ears and pretend both are on equal footing in the public's eye.

The Spurs are the model franchise. They do everything the right way.

The Heat are the Playstation franchise.

When you make declarations, have the regular season success they did this year, you have a huge target on your back and those expectations have to be met or the season is a failure.

Why are you so against the word failure? Was the goal not to win a ring?
__________________
Posts: 22,248
The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #5655
ChiefsCountry ChiefsCountry is offline
MVP
 
ChiefsCountry's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lake of the Ozarks
Casino cash: $7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post


The butthurt is strong with you.
You sound more butthurt than I do douche. You were bitching about being in the Western Conference when as the #1 seed you lost to the #8, then next year lost to the team the Heat beat in the Finals, yet you claim its so much tougher.
Posts: 28,242
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.