Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Royal Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 10:48 AM  
El Jefe El Jefe is offline
Don't tread on me.
 
El Jefe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Where the peaches grow
Casino cash: $6326
Housing market is down? LOL, yeah right.

All the realtors in our area keep saying its a buyers market right now, no freakin way. Looking at some houses/land in a couple different areas, bear in mind that these areas aren't the best areas. They are selling 2 acre plots for $75k, not bad huh, deed restriction madates the house must be 2500 square feet w/o the basement. The average cost of the houses going up by my grandpas house is 450k-500k. Who in the midwest can afford a 500k dollar house? Let alone a development of them.

So, if you go out into the country a little bit, acres are selling for 18-21k right now (undeveloped land), sweet sassy mollassy! Hows the market in your area?
Posts: 8,088
El Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #61
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $14052
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
It takes me about 3 hours to get to St Pete. I have relatives int Treasure Island and St Pete and I visit there quite a bit. For whatever reason, the same house that I bought in Orange Park/Jacksonville goes for about 200-250k in St Pete. I like that area but no way can I afford to buy a house there. Tampa may be a little cheaper but I haven't looked there.
I bought a house on the water with a pool, jacuzzi and boat dock for the same mortgage that I had in Lees Summit, Mo. Now I have additional expenses of pool, boat dock upkeep, increased property taxes and flood/hurricane insurance but thats not a deal breaker financially for most people. Its still doable for anyone who would like to give up the snow/ice for the beaches. Mostly due to the low interest rates so if your thinking, pull the trigger.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
WHAT DID I SAY, HUH?!?!?! TELL ME AGAIN?!?! - WHO HAD FAITH IN YOUR TEAM?!?!? WHAT'S MY MOTHER****IN NAME!?!?!
Posts: 44,280
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #62
Valiant Valiant is offline
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'
 
Valiant's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $520
Depends on the house and location. My house bought this year I got for 30k under value. Two neighborhoods over they are selling at or over.
Posts: 15,161
Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Valiant is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #63
Spott Spott is offline
I ♥ Boobs
 
Spott's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Orange Park, FL
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I bought a house on the water with a pool, jacuzzi and boat dock for the same mortgage that I had in Lees Summit, Mo. Now I have additional expenses of pool, boat dock upkeep, increased property taxes and flood/hurricane insurance but thats not a deal breaker financially for most people. Its still doable for anyone who would like to give up the snow/ice for the beaches. Mostly due to the low interest rates so if your thinking, pull the trigger.
I like it there but for whatever reason I could never find a decent job in Tampa/St Pete. The condos are really cheap up here too, but I didn't want to pay cash for a place and turn around and have to pay 300 or more a month to a condo assocation. You can get a 1800-2000sf home up here with a pool for about 110-120K max. For now I'll just stick to going down to Treasure Island every few weekends to visit relatives.

I bought my first house in Lee's Summit back in 96 for about 75K which was right before Lee's Summit really started booming and became Missouri's version of Overland Park.
Posts: 9,999
Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #64
Seanathon Seanathon is offline
Rookie
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Here's an example.......
List of deposits into your accounts in the last 30 days. Reasonable and easy to get. Give them the bank statement.

But noooooo

We need to know who the deposited money was from and for what. Give them a description of where the money came from with deposit numbers/dates

But nooooooooo

We need photocopies of the actual deposits. Had to go to the bank and get them and then fax the copies of the actual deposits.

Then they were satisfied with that one piece of info.
This, 100% this. Bought a house 1 year ago

Them: "Where did that random $5,000 come from?????"
Me: "Isn't that a good thing, not a bad thing?"
Them: "Why is there more than one request for credit in the last month?"
Me: "Because I'm a smart shopper and don't go to 1 mortgage company and say okie dokie"
Them: "Nooo that is blah blah"

I almost don't ever want to buy a new house now. I'm sure I will in 5ish years but I would like to avoid any crazy lenders.
Posts: 10
Seanathon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Seanathon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Seanathon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #65
Rain Man Rain Man is offline
No known superpowers
 
Rain Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In A World Few See
Casino cash: $6211
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
The HUD lists are a real racket for shysters. Same with short sale and foreclosure lists. Here's the website I had bookmarked as the official HUD site. Never really found anything or any solid leads.
http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?...homes_for_sale
Hmm. There's a condo that's only about three blocks from my house, but it's not a steal by any means. Their stated price is more than the appraised value.
__________________
Welcome to NFL Sunday! At 11:00 see Peyton Manning flip off the top rope and clothesline Clay Matthews! At 2:00 Drew Brees will hit Terrell Suggs with a chair! Buy your Andrew Luck jersey and let's get reeeeeady to rummmmmble!
Posts: 77,344
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #66
Spott Spott is offline
I ♥ Boobs
 
Spott's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Orange Park, FL
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanathon View Post
This, 100% this. Bought a house 1 year ago

Them: "Where did that random $5,000 come from?????"
Me: "Isn't that a good thing, not a bad thing?"
Them: "Why is there more than one request for credit in the last month?"
Me: "Because I'm a smart shopper and don't go to 1 mortgage company and say okie dokie"
Them: "Nooo that is blah blah"

I almost don't ever want to buy a new house now. I'm sure I will in 5ish years but I would like to avoid any crazy lenders.
I went through that same crap. I was going to put down about 60-65K and get a mortgage of about 20 grand from the bank on a house that appraised for 113. They asked me all kinds of questions and assumed that since I had that much saved up that I would be like everyone else and wanting to buy a house for about 2-3 times what I was looking for. They couldn't understand why I wanted to be financially independent. I ended up just paying cash because every bank was a hassle.
Posts: 9,999
Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Spott Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #67
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $14052
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
I bought my first house in Lee's Summit back in 96 for about 75K which was right before Lee's Summit really started booming and became Missouri's version of Overland Park.
Bet you made some good coin on that house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
I like it there but for whatever reason I could never find a decent job in Tampa/St Pete. The condos are really cheap up here too, but I didn't want to pay cash for a place and turn around and have to pay 300 or more a month to a condo assocation. You can get a 1800-2000sf home up here with a pool for about 110-120K max.
damn thats cheap as hell.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
WHAT DID I SAY, HUH?!?!?! TELL ME AGAIN?!?! - WHO HAD FAITH IN YOUR TEAM?!?!? WHAT'S MY MOTHER****IN NAME!?!?!
Posts: 44,280
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #68
mdstu mdstu is offline
Don't give a Sheetz
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cincinnati
Casino cash: $6692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Hmm. There's a condo that's only about three blocks from my house, but it's not a steal by any means. Their stated price is more than the appraised value.
HUD uses recent sale prices of similar properties in the area to come up with their listings. They just want to get as much money back as they can and usually ignore the fact that the house is in shambles. The trick to HUD houses is buying as an owner/occupant and pay cash. The house is normally listed for 2-3 weeks for owner/occupant only. It's a silent auction and if no one bids over their minimum they open the bidding to the investors/shysters. Bid low. Worst case scenario you piss off your RE agent.

I put in a low-ball offer on a house I liked and they took it.
$26,000 minus $2,600 first time home owner Obama bucks.
No more $1,000 rent. I am loving life.
Posts: 882
mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #69
Rain Man Rain Man is offline
No known superpowers
 
Rain Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In A World Few See
Casino cash: $6211
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstu View Post
HUD uses recent sale prices of similar properties in the area to come up with their listings. They just want to get as much money back as they can and usually ignore the fact that the house is in shambles. The trick to HUD houses is buying as an owner/occupant and pay cash. The house is normally listed for 2-3 weeks for owner/occupant only. It's a silent auction and if no one bids over their minimum they open the bidding to the investors/shysters. Bid low. Worst case scenario you piss off your RE agent.

I put in a low-ball offer on a house I liked and they took it.
$26,000 minus $2,600 first time home owner Obama bucks.
No more $1,000 rent. I am loving life.
Oh, so you can bid lower than the price that's shown on the web site?
__________________
Welcome to NFL Sunday! At 11:00 see Peyton Manning flip off the top rope and clothesline Clay Matthews! At 2:00 Drew Brees will hit Terrell Suggs with a chair! Buy your Andrew Luck jersey and let's get reeeeeady to rummmmmble!
Posts: 77,344
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #70
RINGLEADER RINGLEADER is offline
RING****ER
 
RINGLEADER's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Confusion, USA
Casino cash: $8525
So I recently sold my primary house to someone who came to the door and paid my asking price (it wasn't listed).

I figure I'll go pay cash and quickly get into a slightly smaller joint now that it is just me and the wife.

First house I like I schedule an afternoon showing so the wife can see it. It sells for full price before she gets there.

Next house looks like a winner but the inspections show it is rotting from the inside-out and riddled with termites. So that's a pass (also explains why it has sold and unsold three times prior to me).

The next house is much like the first, although I get smart this time and offer $50K over the asking price. Someone else offered 100K over and got it.

So now I've got a bid on a place we both love. We come to find out that it is owned by a celebrity who practices Kabballah and she can't look at the contract until after Shabbat this weekend. Again, we offered a little under full, someone else offered full price, and now it is a bidding war.

So that's the market in S. California at the moment...
Posts: 23,531
RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RINGLEADER Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #71
mdstu mdstu is offline
Don't give a Sheetz
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cincinnati
Casino cash: $6692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Oh, so you can bid lower than the price that's shown on the web site?
Yeah, I think mine was listed at $33K and I bid $26K.
Remember that the houses are AS IS. No warranties.
Posts: 882
mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #72
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $14052
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
So I recently sold my primary house to someone who came to the door and paid my asking price (it wasn't listed).

I figure I'll go pay cash and quickly get into a slightly smaller joint now that it is just me and the wife.

First house I like I schedule an afternoon showing so the wife can see it. It sells for full price before she gets there.

Next house looks like a winner but the inspections show it is rotting from the inside-out and riddled with termites. So that's a pass (also explains why it has sold and unsold three times prior to me).

The next house is much like the first, although I get smart this time and offer $50K over the asking price. Someone else offered 100K over and got it.

So now I've got a bid on a place we both love. We come to find out that it is owned by a celebrity who practices Kabballah and she can't look at the contract until after Shabbat this weekend. Again, we offered a little under full, someone else offered full price, and now it is a bidding war.

So that's the market in S. California at the moment...
I had the same experience. Wanted the wife to see it in the afternoon, its gone. Lost several houses because we didn't move fast enough or offer full price. It's a big decision and a pile of money and you don't have time to consider an offer carefully or its gone.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
WHAT DID I SAY, HUH?!?!?! TELL ME AGAIN?!?! - WHO HAD FAITH IN YOUR TEAM?!?!? WHAT'S MY MOTHER****IN NAME!?!?!
Posts: 44,280
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #73
ChiefsCountry ChiefsCountry is online now
MVP
 
ChiefsCountry's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lake of the Ozarks
Casino cash: $12219
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstu View Post
Worst case scenario you piss off your RE agent.
I don't know why that would piss of an agent. It wouldn't me. I would like and its my duty to try to get full price, but you can only do what the buyer is willing.
Posts: 28,987
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #74
mdstu mdstu is offline
Don't give a Sheetz
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cincinnati
Casino cash: $6692
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
I don't know why that would piss of an agent. It wouldn't me. I would like and its my duty to try to get full price, but you can only do what the buyer is willing.
I say this because my agent showed us about 15 houses and then made $500 commission. After gas I'm sure she lost money on us.

Edit: After time and gas she definitely lost a lot of money on us.
Posts: 882
mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.mdstu is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #75
ChiefsCountry ChiefsCountry is online now
MVP
 
ChiefsCountry's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lake of the Ozarks
Casino cash: $12219
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstu View Post
I say this because my agent showed us about 15 houses and then made $500 commission. After gas I'm sure she lost money on us.

Edit: After time and gas she definitely lost a lot of money on us.
Meh. Thats real estate business for you. Its part of the job IMO.
Posts: 28,987
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:15 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.