Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 11:22 AM  
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $14325
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....this fall on ABC

Josh Whedon is involved. I'm in!



http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-agents-520903



It's official: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is on the air at ABC.
The Joss Whedon drama based on the Marvel Comics property has landed a series order at the Disney-owned network, ABC announced Friday.

The ABC Studios project is based on Marvel Comics' secret intelligence organization that has appeared in countless titles, including Iron Man, Captain America and The Ultimates, since being introduced in the 1960s. The military law-enforcement agency's moniker stands for Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistic Directorate, which also has evolved over time in the comics.

Whedon is on board to co-pen the pilot alongside his brother Jed Whedon and Jed's wife, Maurissa Tancharoen; the trio previously teamed on the three-part web series Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Avengers and Buffy the Vampire Slayer mastermind Whedon directed the pilot, which has had ABC social media accounts for months. S.H.I.E.L.D. is executive produced by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon, Tancharoen, Jeffrey Bell and Marvel TV's Jeph Loeb.

ER's Ming-Na stars as Agent Melinda May, The Avengers' Clark Gregg reprises his role as Agent Phil Coulson, Killing Lincoln's Brett Dalton is set as gruff rising star Agent Grant Ward, Elizabeth Henstridge as science whiz Agent Gemma Simmons and Iain DeCaestecker as tech guru Agent Leo Fitz, with Nashville's Chloe Bennet set as Skye, a superhero-obsessed woman.
Since the project was first announced in August, it has been a clear front-runner to land on ABC's 2013-14 schedule. ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee told reporters in January that the project was being fast-tracked and he was "very hopeful" that the entry with a "great script" would go

"Marvel has the ability to bring the whole family around it," Lee said at the time. "Joss has great relationships around it. There's a lot of real funny male-female relationships and flirtations, but it's also Joss and Marvel, so there's a lot of action to it."

"My boss Bob Iger buys Marvel, and how wonderful is it for ABC to be able to use the core talent from that and not use the Marvel brand but the Avengers franchise for a show that is not exactly about the Avengers but is attached to it?" Lee said, noting that Whedon was already working on scripts at the time.

ABC will start a major marketing push for the high-profile project with a sizable built-in fan base Sunday, May 12, airing a first look at 8 p.m. ahead of the season finale of Once Upon a Time.
Posts: 50,718
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:14 PM   #301
The Iron Chief The Iron Chief is offline
Veteran
 
The Iron Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Binghamton NY
Casino cash: $7806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Walker View Post
And two separate characters were ordered to Triskelion during the episode - one of which had to go to Lemurian Studies, or something like that.

Also, a dropped line mentioned Canada's Department H, for those who realize that significance.


Department H was a branch of the Canadian government that sanctioned, supported, and monitored superhuman activity in Canada. It also oversaw the country's officially endorsed superhuman team, Alpha Flight.



Many members came and went but these were the mainstays
__________________
Posts: 1,025
The Iron Chief wants to die in a aids tree fire.The Iron Chief wants to die in a aids tree fire.The Iron Chief wants to die in a aids tree fire.The Iron Chief wants to die in a aids tree fire.The Iron Chief wants to die in a aids tree fire.The Iron Chief wants to die in a aids tree fire.The Iron Chief wants to die in a aids tree fire.The Iron Chief wants to die in a aids tree fire.The Iron Chief wants to die in a aids tree fire.The Iron Chief wants to die in a aids tree fire.The Iron Chief wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #302
Rausch Rausch is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $22110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Interesting. It could give them an opportunity to "reboot" the show.
In the comix the Age of Ultron storyline had a lot of time travel/rebooting.

To be honest I wasn't a big fan of it and thought it a very poor rip off of the Days of Future Past idea...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 52,919
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #303
Jamie Jamie is offline
Starter
 
Jamie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Monett, MO
Casino cash: $7553
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Chief View Post
Department H was a branch of the Canadian government that sanctioned, supported, and monitored superhuman activity in Canada. It also oversaw the country's officially endorsed superhuman team, Alpha Flight.
I never really thought about it because Alpha Flight spun out of X-Men, but Marvel probably has the rights to Alpha Flight. Though they probably have to share Northstar, Aurora, and Puck because it seems like Fox can use any mutant they want.
Posts: 384
Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #304
keg in kc keg in kc is offline
oxymoron
 
keg in kc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: OP/KC/Whatever
Casino cash: $9269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Interesting. It could give them an opportunity to "reboot" the show.
I don't think they're rebooting anything. I think it's all been tied into the events of Winter Soldier all along, and we're just starting to see where all the plot strings that everybody was complaining about during the 'slow' first half of the season lead. Supposedly a ton of stuff happens during these final 6 episodes (no more breaks, all new eps until the season finale).

Hasn't been renewed yet, but I would be surprised if Disney didn't keep it going. Especially with all the actors involved toward the end (Paxton, Patton Oswalt, etc).
Posts: 51,854
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #305
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $14325
Nice, my UVerse haas the last 4 episodes available on demand, starting with TAHITI. Think I'm gonna have t catch up to get prepared for Cap 2 this weekend.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 50,718
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #306
Buehler445 Buehler445 is online now
Supporter
 
Buehler445's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scott City KS
Casino cash: $14651
Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I don't think they're rebooting anything. I think it's all been tied into the events of Winter Soldier all along, and we're just starting to see where all the plot strings that everybody was complaining about during the 'slow' first half of the season lead. Supposedly a ton of stuff happens during these final 6 episodes (no more breaks, all new eps until the season finale).

Hasn't been renewed yet, but I would be surprised if Disney didn't keep it going. Especially with all the actors involved toward the end (Paxton, Patton Oswalt, etc).
Agree. So far it has been decent. It is shaping up to be epic.
Posts: 22,489
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:25 PM   #307
Rausch Rausch is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $22110
Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Hasn't been renewed yet, but I would be surprised if Disney didn't keep it going. Especially with all the actors involved toward the end (Paxton, Patton Oswalt, etc).
It will get a season 2 no matter the ratings.

They (Disney) own Marvel.

They want the analog audience dialed in...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 52,919
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:53 PM   #308
Aries Walker Aries Walker is offline
Back again.
 
Aries Walker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Aspen Hill, MD
Casino cash: $9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I never really thought about it because Alpha Flight spun out of X-Men, but Marvel probably has the rights to Alpha Flight. Though they probably have to share Northstar, Aurora, and Puck because it seems like Fox can use any mutant they want.
None of those three are mutants, for starters - in fact, none of the major characters are. Also, AF is led by someone in a powered suit, which could easily fit in with Iron Man, and they have a Dr. Strange-like Shaman, and a goddess very much like the Canadian version of Asgardians. They could easily put it in the Marvel movie universe - easier, most likely, than they could in X-Men.
Posts: 4,886
Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:43 AM   #309
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $10550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Walker View Post
None of those three are mutants, for starters - in fact, none of the major characters are. Also, AF is led by someone in a powered suit, which could easily fit in with Iron Man, and they have a Dr. Strange-like Shaman, and a goddess very much like the Canadian version of Asgardians. They could easily put it in the Marvel movie universe - easier, most likely, than they could in X-Men.
Northstar and Aurora are mutants.
Posts: 15,102
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:44 AM   #310
Jamie Jamie is offline
Starter
 
Jamie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Monett, MO
Casino cash: $7553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Walker View Post
None of those three are mutants, for starters - in fact, none of the major characters are. Also, AF is led by someone in a powered suit, which could easily fit in with Iron Man, and they have a Dr. Strange-like Shaman, and a goddess very much like the Canadian version of Asgardians. They could easily put it in the Marvel movie universe - easier, most likely, than they could in X-Men.
I always forget that Puck isn't a mutant, but Northstar and Aurora definitely are. Northstar has been an X-Man off and on for the past 10 years.
Posts: 384
Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jamie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:52 AM   #311
Aries Walker Aries Walker is offline
Back again.
 
Aries Walker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Aspen Hill, MD
Casino cash: $9615
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Northstar and Aurora are mutants.
There is a storyline in which they are revealed to be, in fact, half-elves. I had forgotten that that turned out to be a lie perpetrated by - surprise surprise - Loki. So ya got me there - but, in my defense, they could easily envision them in the movie universe as elves, which would fit in nicely with a) Thor, and b) the current popular fascination with fairy tales.
Posts: 4,886
Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:54 AM   #312
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $10550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Walker View Post
There is a storyline in which they are revealed to be, in fact, half-elves. I had forgotten that that turned out to be a lie perpetrated by - surprise surprise - Loki. So ya got me there - but, in my defense, they could easily envision them in the movie universe as elves, which would fit in nicely with a) Thor, and b) the current popular fascination with fairy tales.
Did not know that! Was probably way past my comic book years.
Posts: 15,102
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #313
keg in kc keg in kc is offline
oxymoron
 
keg in kc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: OP/KC/Whatever
Casino cash: $9269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
It will get a season 2 no matter the ratings.

They (Disney) own Marvel.

They want the analog audience dialed in...
That would be why I said I would be surprised if Disney didn't keep it going...
Posts: 51,854
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #314
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $14325
Well, it does appear that the events from Cap 2 will be carried over to this show.



__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 50,718
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #315
Tribal Warfare Tribal Warfare is offline
The Boom Boom Room
 
Tribal Warfare's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Far Beyond Comprehension
Casino cash: $8939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Well, it does appear that the events from Cap 2 will be carried over to this show.



Have they said that if there will be a Fury or Cap cameo during this period?
__________________
Posts: 28,645
Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:53 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.