Home Mail MemberMap Chat (1) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Royal Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 07:57 PM  
Fire Me Boy! Fire Me Boy! is offline
Cast Iron Jedi
 
Fire Me Boy!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Casino cash: $8925
VARSITY
So yeah, I decided to start a food blog.

I've been thinking about it for a while and decided to make the leap today. I'd appreciate your feedback on the concept and the Wordpress site, and if you like it, I'd appreciate if you'd help spread the word.

http://recipenotincluded.com

Thanks.
Posts: 23,458
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #61
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belo Horizante
Casino cash: $8349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
I prefer 170 minimum, but I don't even use a thermometer with chicken. At 375 for 40, I know that it'll be cooked properly.
It was. I'll probably upload pics at a later time. Quite interesting though, I'm not sure I prefer it over grilling but the flavor was definitely captured. Thanks again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 15,484
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #62
Inmem58 Inmem58 is offline
Because we are the Chiefs
 
Inmem58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kern County, CA
Casino cash: $10855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I've been thinking about it for a while and decided to make the leap today. I'd appreciate your feedback on the concept and the Wordpress site, and if you like it, I'd appreciate if you'd help spread the word.

http://recipenotincluded.com

Thanks.
So this site is dishes you make without any recipe?

Can others post topics/pics/recipes or just you?
Posts: 11,782
Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #63
Fire Me Boy! Fire Me Boy! is offline
Cast Iron Jedi
 
Fire Me Boy!'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Casino cash: $8925
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
So this site is dishes you make without any recipe?

Can others post topics/pics/recipes or just you?
Right now it's just me. The idea behind it is to (hopefully) inspire people to get away from recipes and to experiment more in their own kitchens.
Posts: 23,458
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #64
Inmem58 Inmem58 is offline
Because we are the Chiefs
 
Inmem58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kern County, CA
Casino cash: $10855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Right now it's just me. The idea behind it is to (hopefully) inspire people to get away from recipes and to experiment more in their own kitchens.
Freestyle cooking? That could be very difficult for anyone especially without looking at a recipe or looking up common ingredients.


I love to cook, but I can't just go into my kitchen and whip up a Risotto or Steak Diane without getting an idea first. You could have an edge if you took culinary classes, I don't see how anyone has common knowledge of Risotto or steak diane or any other dish for that matter.
Posts: 11,782
Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #65
Count Zarth Count Zarth is online now
just say no
 
Count Zarth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $23395
Should incorporate humor. Pics of you stuffing your face, etc.
Posts: 169,328
Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #66
|Zach| |Zach| is offline
For The Glory Of The City
 
|Zach|'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $5555
Always enjoyed your food takes on here will check it out.
__________________
Posts: 45,700
|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #67
Inmem58 Inmem58 is offline
Because we are the Chiefs
 
Inmem58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kern County, CA
Casino cash: $10855
My problem with getting away from recipes could ruin lots of food.

If anything I would tweak a recipe a little.
Posts: 11,782
Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:25 AM   #68
Fire Me Boy! Fire Me Boy! is offline
Cast Iron Jedi
 
Fire Me Boy!'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Casino cash: $8925
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
Freestyle cooking? That could be very difficult for anyone especially without looking at a recipe or looking up common ingredients.


I love to cook, but I can't just go into my kitchen and whip up a Risotto or Steak Diane without getting an idea first. You could have an edge if you took culinary classes, I don't see how anyone has common knowledge of Risotto or steak diane or any other dish for that matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
My problem with getting away from recipes could ruin lots of food.

If anything I would tweak a recipe a little.
I'm still finding my way with this, and the end result may be more of a "here's a basic idea with some general guidelines, but no recipe per se." While I know what you're saying and can agree to an extent, this feedback is good. Thanks.

I generally start with a recipe, but that's the starting point for me. So many people use recipes and nothing else, and I think that's a mistake. Recipes are made to give consistent results, but you rarely get a truly outstanding dish by blindly following a recipe.
Posts: 23,458
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #69
Baby Lee Baby Lee is online now
Cake Boss!!
 
Baby Lee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 456 Lick My Butthole Lane
Casino cash: $16601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I'm still finding my way with this, and the end result may be more of a "here's a basic idea with some general guidelines, but no recipe per se." While I know what you're saying and can agree to an extent, this feedback is good. Thanks.

I generally start with a recipe, but that's the starting point for me. So many people use recipes and nothing else, and I think that's a mistake. Recipes are made to give consistent results, but you rarely get a truly outstanding dish by blindly following a recipe.
I dunno, I had a great recipe for sweet potato casserole, I lost it but found many similar. Haven't found one as good as the one I lost though, lo these many years.

It depends on the setting. Baking is much more a recipe intensive process [in the case of SPC, I consider this a baked side, as it sets up like a cake]. Things like spice mixes or salads [chicken, tuna, egg], are much better suited for experimentation.
__________________
SNL Standards and Practices - "you can't say 'midget,' It's just like saying the N-word.'

John Mulaney - "No it isn't, because you JUST SAID midget."
Posts: 43,412
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:45 AM   #70
Fire Me Boy! Fire Me Boy! is offline
Cast Iron Jedi
 
Fire Me Boy!'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Casino cash: $8925
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I dunno, I had a great recipe for sweet potato casserole, I lost it but found many similar. Haven't found one as good as the one I lost though, lo these many years.

It depends on the setting. Baking is much more a recipe intensive process [in the case of SPC, I consider this a baked side, as it sets up like a cake]. Things like spice mixes or salads [chicken, tuna, egg], are much better suited for experimentation.
FMB! doesn't bake. Mrs. FMB! bakes.

But yes, you're correct. Gotta follow the recipes for baked goods like cakes, cookies, etc. Variances in moisture, sugar, flour, etc. can cause dramatic differences in the finished product.
Posts: 23,458
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:47 AM   #71
Fire Me Boy! Fire Me Boy! is offline
Cast Iron Jedi
 
Fire Me Boy!'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Casino cash: $8925
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
What recipie do you have in the area of ice cream bread?


I'm actually working on an ice cream bread post!
Posts: 23,458
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #72
Inmem58 Inmem58 is offline
Because we are the Chiefs
 
Inmem58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kern County, CA
Casino cash: $10855








Here's some simple shit I made and plated. Taste and presentation is key to a great dish.
__________________
My Kansas City Chief record 4-7
Spoiler!
Posts: 11,782
Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Inmem58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #73
underEJ underEJ is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Casino cash: $6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
Freestyle cooking? That could be very difficult for anyone especially without looking at a recipe or looking up common ingredients.


I love to cook, but I can't just go into my kitchen and whip up a Risotto or Steak Diane without getting an idea first. You could have an edge if you took culinary classes, I don't see how anyone has common knowledge of Risotto or steak diane or any other dish for that matter.
I have only recently learned to cook, and this was my fear for a while, but I actually broke myself of it starting with experimenting on soups. Soups are very easy to work with and even if you go a bit wrong it is pretty easy to recover.

Then because I have no time for long classes and learning to cook on equipment I don't own with pans I will never have, I hired a personal chef for four nights to come to my house and cook with my available things and teach me about cooking in a way I could actually put into practice. It was awesome. Each night we made 4 or 5 meals and he never used a recipe for anything. Asked me questions about what I like then adjusted his plan accordingly so I ended up with a weeks meals ready to reheat of well made food that I loved. One night a week for four weeks, and I was the one cooking by the end.

I learned not just to cook, but that I really like sweet and spicy mixed together so pairing things like honey with red pepper, or brown sugar with cayenne pepper work really well for me and that can be in a soup, on vegetables, or meat.

I love where FMB is going with this blog and I will follow it! It is just my kind of food blog. Good luck!
Posts: 684
underEJ must have mowed badgirl's lawn.underEJ must have mowed badgirl's lawn.underEJ must have mowed badgirl's lawn.underEJ must have mowed badgirl's lawn.underEJ must have mowed badgirl's lawn.underEJ must have mowed badgirl's lawn.underEJ must have mowed badgirl's lawn.underEJ must have mowed badgirl's lawn.underEJ must have mowed badgirl's lawn.underEJ must have mowed badgirl's lawn.underEJ must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #74
Fire Me Boy! Fire Me Boy! is offline
Cast Iron Jedi
 
Fire Me Boy!'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Casino cash: $8925
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by underEJ View Post
I have only recently learned to cook, and this was my fear for a while, but I actually broke myself of it starting with experimenting on soups. Soups are very easy to work with and even if you go a bit wrong it is pretty easy to recover.

Then because I have no time for long classes and learning to cook on equipment I don't own with pans I will never have, I hired a personal chef for four nights to come to my house and cook with my available things and teach me about cooking in a way I could actually put into practice. It was awesome. Each night we made 4 or 5 meals and he never used a recipe for anything. Asked me questions about what I like then adjusted his plan accordingly so I ended up with a weeks meals ready to reheat of well made food that I loved. One night a week for four weeks, and I was the one cooking by the end.

I learned not just to cook, but that I really like sweet and spicy mixed together so pairing things like honey with red pepper, or brown sugar with cayenne pepper work really well for me and that can be in a soup, on vegetables, or meat.

I love where FMB is going with this blog and I will follow it! It is just my kind of food blog. Good luck!
Thanks for the kind words, underEJ. I appreciate it.

I also think your idea of hiring the personal chef for a few days was a really good idea! If I can ask, what did something like that run you? I don't imagine many people could do that, but "if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."
Posts: 23,458
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #75
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
FMB! doesn't bake. Mrs. FMB! bakes.

But yes, you're correct. Gotta follow the recipes for baked goods like cakes, cookies, etc. Variances in moisture, sugar, flour, etc. can cause dramatic differences in the finished product.
This is why my wife can't cook worth a damn but bakes well. I can't bake for shit but am, at times, a pretty decent cook.

I just can't make the same meal twice, that's all.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:51 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.