Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 10:48 PM  
KILLER_CLOWN KILLER_CLOWN is offline
Be HEALED!!!!!!!
 
KILLER_CLOWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Fascist State
Casino cash: $9053
The Top 20% Have No Idea How The Bottom 40% Get By



July 17th, 2013

In a financial planning guide for its workers, the company accidentally illustrates precisely how impossible it is to scrape by on a fast food paycheck

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...m-wage/277845/

How McDonald’s workers CAN’T live on their minimum wages: Fast food giant sets up website to help their employees budget better… and it recommends they get a second job

Suggested monthly expenses for the hypothetical McDonald’s employee working a 40-hour week include $600 for rent – a figure that has raised eyebrows among anyone familiar with the housing market in cities like New York and Philadelphia.

While it is still possible to find housing with three-digit rent in some parts of the U.S., an average apartment in Manhattan rents for about $3,000 a month. Even in the outer boroughs it is nearly impossible to come across anything cheaper than $1,400 a month.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2ZKfV7g6K
Posts: 24,592
KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #121
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $16352
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8ers View Post
Most people are broke because they do the same shit over and over again that broke people do...

Divide all the money up in the US and in 10 years the same people will be broke and the same rich people will be rich.
This....again and again.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 50,981
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #122
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bless FSU!
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $22885
I know I'm going to get Heritage makes up its numbers but anyway. But it has numbers in the article that are from govt sources that Loneiquana loves so much. Some of the analysis is off Bureau of Labor Statistics too.

Almost 54 percent of all workers who would be affected by an increase in the minimum wage work part-time voluntarily.
Who Works the Minimum Wage?

The 1.6 million paid-hourly workers who earn minimum wages can be broken down into two broad groups.1

Over half (53 percent) are teenagers or young adults under the age of 23. More than half (54 percent) of these young workers live in families with incomes two or more times the official poverty level for their family size and 18 percent live in poor families. The average family income of these young workers is almost $50,500 per year. The average income for single young workers is $11,200. Over 63 percent are enrolled in either high school or college.

The other half (47 percent) are workers ages 23 and up. More of these workers live in poor families (29 percent). Yet, even within this half of the minimum wage population, the average family income is over $38,100 per year. The average income for single workers is $19,300. Over 30 percent of these older workers did not graduate from high school and another 36 percent had only a high school diploma.

Almost 43 percent of all minimum wage workers are children, 26 percent are married family heads or spouses, 11 percent are single family heads, and 17 percent are single people (another 3 percent are other relatives).

Less than 21 percent of minimum wage workers are the sole breadwinners of their families and less than 5 percent are sole breadwinners that work full-time year-round. Less than 5 percent of minimum wage workers are poor single mothers over 18 years old.

Over 57 percent of all minimum wage workers work part-time voluntarily. Only 25 percent work full-time year-round while over 28 percent work part-time part of the year.
The average family income for all minimum wage workers is $45,200 and their wages account for 35 percent of their total family income. The average income of single-nonfamily minimum wage workers is $16,800.
[b]

Nearly two-thirds of minimum wage workers move above the minimum wage within one year, and the median raise for those workers is over 10 percent.2 For full-time minimum wage workers, the median first-year raise is almost 14 percent. Entry-level jobs are not lifelong dead-end jobs. These jobs allow Americans to establish a track record of work that creates opportunities for better paying jobs.

http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...e-minimum-wage

The link reports how it will not improve poverty, is another mandate on the states and affects job growth—what we need most right now.
__________________
“The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the legislature.” ~ James Madison, Father of the Constitution

“We do not believe in aggressive or preventive war. Such war is the weapon of dictators, not of free democratic countries like the United States.”~ Truman, Sept 1, 1950
Posts: 59,771
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #123
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
MVP
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $27806
heritage makes up its numbers
__________________
-------------------
(Your company name here)
Posts: 16,981
Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pawnmower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #124
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $15936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
There was a time a strong unionized work force provided the necessary training and education for the job.

The construction unions still pay you to go to their schools, and you work while in school.

Unions are not the issue. Unions train and educate their workforce on their dime.

A stronger union presence in America is one way to solve these problems without involving the government.

A union is nothing more than the workers using their rights of assembly and rights of free speech to use representatives to negotiate on behalf of the workforce, improving the benefits of all employees.




http://www.americanprogressaction.or...-middle-class/
No they don't. The modern Union teaches workers to be so specialized that they can only do one thing. When you can only do one thing, your'e screwed if that specific job isn't hiring. Hence, why unions are too often brought on by obligation to do completely unnecessary work.

Unions today set too many protections that keep people from getting fired. When people are unafraid to get fired, they have no motivation to get better or to try something else.
Posts: 21,486
chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #125
GloucesterChief GloucesterChief is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Casino cash: $11086
So basically this thread boils down too:

Statist Poster 1: "Hey, the governments interference in the market is not making things better."
Statist Poster 2:"I know lets introduce more price controls/regulations/interference. That will certainly make things better!"
Free Market Poster:"It won't because the market is do distorted by political favoritism, regulations, and price controls already that adding more will have opposite effect you are predicting."
Statist Poster 1: "You are just shilling for the rich. If we just raise prices people will buy more of it!"
Statist Poster 2:"Yeah, screw the rich. We have to empower the government to control the rich people who control the government. Then things will get better because the government is us."
Posts: 2,042
GloucesterChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGloucesterChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGloucesterChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGloucesterChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGloucesterChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGloucesterChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGloucesterChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGloucesterChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGloucesterChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGloucesterChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGloucesterChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #126
CoMoChief CoMoChief is offline
The Revolution Has Begun
 
CoMoChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $10757
There's not one answer to this...there are a spiderweb of issues that have caused this and issues we have as a society that cause a trickle down effect.

1. We need to badly fix our monetary system otherwise there's no hope at all for this country. The banking elite and corporations that have paid off politicians and hijacked this economy have done this all by design to where a very small group of people get almost everything and the majority get almost nothing.

2. Continuing on from #1, the top 5-10% or the very wealthy, can for the most part weather the inflation storm and still come out on top and can still be pretty well off in terms of profit and overall wealth. The rest of us however, can not. Do you think Bill Gates or Warren Buffett care about our grocery bills skyrocketing, or that we're paying $4/gal for gas? No they don't give a shit because shit like that doesn't have a long term effect on people like them.

3. We need to abolish the IRS and get rid of the federal income tax. It's a fraudulent system a lot of these large corporations pay no federal income taxes.

4. We need to audit and the abolish the Federal Reserve and put these guys like Paulson, Geitner, Bernanke, etc all in jail. We need to go back to a gold standard.

5. Right now the globalist elitists are trying to de-industrialize the United States. Nothing is made here anymore. Hell we're giving money to companies like GM to move their factories overseas. How ****ed up is that? And that kinda leads into the next problem.

6. Our educational system is flawed. And now we're getting to the point where the effects of that are starting to leak into the workforce. Almost 30% of HS students couldn't point out approx where they live on a unmarked globe/map of the world. A bachelors degree doesn't mean shit anymore, it's just a piece of paper that shows companies that you were dedicated enough to continue school for 4 more years (or more) after HS. Unless you get a job that specifically is a profession and make it into a career (doctor, lawyer, engineer etc) a college degree is simply worthless and a waste of time and money. Now people get degrees just to have one so they can go out into the job world and wave that around to recruiters to try and get a job that pays enough money to where they can start paying off that $80K-$100K in student loans(debt). 40-50 yrs ago if your family didn't save or if you didn't pay for college yourself you simply didn't go. You either got a job around home or you went and served in the Armed Forces, But back then you could find a skill, work at that skill to where you were valuable to the company you worked for many times would work for a company for years until you retired w/ them. Now there are no jobs, they're all being shipped over seas taking advantage of a slave Chinese workforce where they in some cases house/feed their employees in the confines of the complex to where all they do is work 12-14hrs a day and go home and eat and sleep and come right back and do the same thing with maybe 1 day off a month, working for shit wages. Hell Apple even had to put up suicide nets around their complexes because workers were committing suicide jumping off of rooftops and out of high storied windows. Computers/robots are replacing humans by the day, and most people switch jobs 6-7x throughout a lifetime.

7. The Federal Govt needs to be MUCH smaller, it needs to follow the US Constitution. There needs to be true checks and balances in our govt which there is not. Our govt is broken. The 2-party system is a joke. They both play off eachother's ramblings and bullshit and in the end nothing gets done but a bunch of bitching, finger pointing and blaming, and depending on where you stand, you might be a ****ing racist. I mean if you don't agree with the Obama White House that Trayvon Martin is the son that Obama never had and that Zimmerman should be thrown in prison then you're a racist.

K now I'm just ranting so I'm gonna stop. Basically we're all ****ed to the point of no return. We need to throw out the Patriot Act and the NDAA. We need to restore the 4th Amendment. We need to stop these warrantless DUI checkpoints everywhere and drone surveillance. Get rid of the Dept. of Homeland Security. Stop the ****ing endless pointless drug war. They're going to stop Bob the pothead who has a bag of weed on him while the CIA brings billion dollars of cocaine across the borders in ****ing C-130's so that money can be laundered into these large banking cartels and into the US economy. Thats what the CIA is truly for now a days considering who's been on the heads of some of these committees and boards of directors on Wall St. It's to monitor the CIA drug trade and black markets and under the table deals. And gun running is just a side component of that.

There's a majority on here that will agree with this but then there are a few that just stick there heads in the sand and pretend nothing is happening and will continue to vote for stooges like McCain or Romney or Obama thinking they're going to change the world. These ****s that run for President are all bought and paid for. There needs to be term limits for Congressmen/women and we need to abolish the electoral college and I don't think US Federal judges should be appointed by the president but instead should be voted by the American people. Those judges also should not have a lifetime appointment either. I'm a constitutionalist, but I also agree there are certain things about the constitution that need to be changed simply because of our ways of life and how we evolved as a nation and how some things have helped create this corruption we're all seeing today.
__________________
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: RT Donald Stephenson #79

Last edited by CoMoChief; 07-18-2013 at 09:15 PM..
Posts: 31,206
CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #127
KC native KC native is offline
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $17009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
So basically this thread boils down too:

Statist Poster 1: "Hey, the governments interference in the market is not making things better."
Statist Poster 2:"I know lets introduce more price controls/regulations/interference. That will certainly make things better!"
Free Market Poster:"It won't because the market is do distorted by political favoritism, regulations, and price controls already that adding more will have opposite effect you are predicting."
Statist Poster 1: "You are just shilling for the rich. If we just raise prices people will buy more of it!"
Statist Poster 2:"Yeah, screw the rich. We have to empower the government to control the rich people who control the government. Then things will get better because the government is us."

bep mult is bep.
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 18,866
KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #128
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $9250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Errrr, do you think that graph shows something other than what I stated?
You said vast amount of Taxes in this country.

Either you are stupid, and don't understand that the more wealth you have, the more you will pay in taxes, because taxes are a percent.

Or you are stupid and don't understand that as a percent of total income and total tax burden, the rich do burden most of the taxes.



Quote:
But here is really the only tax graph you need: It’s total tax burden by income group. And as you’ll see, every income group is paying something, and the rich aren’t paying much more, as a percentage of their incomes, then the middle class.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 4,199
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #129
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $9250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
Thats what I was thinking....

DOes he not understand that chart?

the bottom 50% of income earners pay only 3% of the total federal income tax bill

does he not see that?
Look more conservatives that lie about taxes by omitting the entire tax bill.

Conservative Media sure has brainwashed you guys into stupidity.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 4,199
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #130
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $9250
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
So is that my fault or theirs?
Its the fault of Corporations that use the social safety net as an extension of the paycheck instead of paying more.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 4,199
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #131
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $9250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I know I'm going to get Heritage makes up its numbers but anyway. But it has numbers in the article that are from govt sources that Loneiquana loves so much. Some of the analysis is off Bureau of Labor Statistics too.

Almost 54 percent of all workers who would be affected by an increase in the minimum wage work part-time voluntarily.
Who Works the Minimum Wage?

The 1.6 million paid-hourly workers who earn minimum wages can be broken down into two broad groups.1

Over half (53 percent) are teenagers or young adults under the age of 23. More than half (54 percent) of these young workers live in families with incomes two or more times the official poverty level for their family size and 18 percent live in poor families. The average family income of these young workers is almost $50,500 per year. The average income for single young workers is $11,200. Over 63 percent are enrolled in either high school or college.

The other half (47 percent) are workers ages 23 and up. More of these workers live in poor families (29 percent). Yet, even within this half of the minimum wage population, the average family income is over $38,100 per year. The average income for single workers is $19,300. Over 30 percent of these older workers did not graduate from high school and another 36 percent had only a high school diploma.

Almost 43 percent of all minimum wage workers are children, 26 percent are married family heads or spouses, 11 percent are single family heads, and 17 percent are single people (another 3 percent are other relatives).

Less than 21 percent of minimum wage workers are the sole breadwinners of their families and less than 5 percent are sole breadwinners that work full-time year-round. Less than 5 percent of minimum wage workers are poor single mothers over 18 years old.

Over 57 percent of all minimum wage workers work part-time voluntarily. Only 25 percent work full-time year-round while over 28 percent work part-time part of the year.
The average family income for all minimum wage workers is $45,200 and their wages account for 35 percent of their total family income. The average income of single-nonfamily minimum wage workers is $16,800.
[b]

Nearly two-thirds of minimum wage workers move above the minimum wage within one year, and the median raise for those workers is over 10 percent.2 For full-time minimum wage workers, the median first-year raise is almost 14 percent. Entry-level jobs are not lifelong dead-end jobs. These jobs allow Americans to establish a track record of work that creates opportunities for better paying jobs.

http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...e-minimum-wage

The link reports how it will not improve poverty, is another mandate on the states and affects job growth—what we need most right now.
Minimum wage is 7.25 an hour. If it was raised to 1960's adjusted for inflation levels of over 10.00 and hour, it would affect a lot more people than those on minimum wage.

Also, what a BS cite.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock

Last edited by Loneiguana; 07-19-2013 at 09:02 AM..
Posts: 4,199
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #132
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $9250
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
No they don't. The modern Union teaches workers to be so specialized that they can only do one thing. When you can only do one thing, your'e screwed if that specific job isn't hiring. Hence, why unions are too often brought on by obligation to do completely unnecessary work.

Unions today set too many protections that keep people from getting fired. When people are unafraid to get fired, they have no motivation to get better or to try something else.
Your entire response is nothing by untrue propaganda. But that is why conservatives only bring up teachers unions.

Here is an example of what I am talking about.

Quote:
The Laborers Training Center (LTC) provides construction industry vocational training through a full range of classes and apprenticeship programs at its Lino Lakes, Minnesota, facility. The LTC offers continuing education programs for its 9500 participating union members who need to maintain their certifications, develop their skills, and stay abreast of new trends and technologies. The LTC strives to ensure safety and productivity among construction laborers through curricular offerings that cover every aspect of construction laborer training.
http://www.ltcmn.org/

This is the link to the school in Missouri.
http://www.laborers-highhill.org/
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 4,199
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #133
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $9250
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
So basically this thread boils down too:

Statist Poster 1: "Hey, the governments interference in the market is not making things better."
Statist Poster 2:"I know lets introduce more price controls/regulations/interference. That will certainly make things better!"
Free Market Poster:"It won't because the market is do distorted by political favoritism, regulations, and price controls already that adding more will have opposite effect you are predicting."
Statist Poster 1: "You are just shilling for the rich. If we just raise prices people will buy more of it!"
Statist Poster 2:"Yeah, screw the rich. We have to empower the government to control the rich people who control the government. Then things will get better because the government is us."

Steven Pearlstein
Columnist
From the Washington Post.

I am a job creator: A manifesto for the entitled

By Steven Pearlstein, Published: September 29
I am a corporate chief executive.
I am a business owner.
I am a private-equity fund manager.
I am the misunderstood superhero of American capitalism, single-handedly creating wealth and prosperity despite all the obstacles put in my way by employees, government and the media.
I am a job creator and I am entitled.

I am entitled to complain about the economy even when my stock price, my portfolio and my profits are at record levels.
I am entitled to a healthy and well-educated workforce, a modern and efficient transportation system and protection for my person and property, just as I am entitled to demonize the government workers who provide them.
I am entitled to complain bitterly about taxes that are always too high, even when they are at record lows.
I am entitled to a judicial system that efficiently enforces contracts and legal obligations on customers, suppliers and employees but does not afford them the same right in return.
I am entitled to complain about the poor quality of service provided by government agencies even as I leave my own customers on hold for 35 minutes while repeatedly telling them how important their call is.
I am entitled to a compensation package that is above average for my company's size and industry, reflecting the company's aspirations if not its performance.
I am entitled to have the company pay for breakfasts and lunches, a luxury car and private jet travel, my country club dues and home security systems, box seats to all major sporting events, a pension equal to my current salary and a full package of insurance - life, health, dental, disability and long-term care - through retirement.
I am entitled to have my earned income taxed as capital gains and my investment income taxed at the lowest rate anywhere in the world - or not at all.
I am entitled to inside information and favorable investment opportunities not available to ordinary investors. I am entitled to brag about my investment returns.
I am entitled to pass on my accumulated wealth tax-free to heirs, who in turn, are entitled to claim that they earned everything they have.
I am entitled to use unlimited amounts of my own or company funds to buy elections without disclosing such expenditures to shareholders or the public.
I am entitled to use company funds to burnish my own charitable reputation.
I am entitled to provide political support to radical, uncompromising politicians and then complain about how dysfunctional Washington has become.
Although I have no clue how government works, I am entitled to be consulted on public policy by politicians and bureaucrats who have no clue about how business works.
I am entitled to publicly criticize the president and members of Congress, who are not entitled to criticize me.
I am entitled to fire any worker who tries to organize a union. I am entitled to break any existing union by moving, or threatening to move, operations to a union-hostile environment.
I am entitled to a duty of care and loyalty from employees and investors who are owed no such duty in return.
I am entitled to operate my business free of all government regulations other than those written or approved by my industry.
I am entitled to load companies up with debt in order to pay myself and investors big dividends - and then blame any bankruptcy on over-compensated workers.
I am entitled to contracts, subsidies, tax breaks, loans and even bailouts from government, even as I complain about job-killing government budget deficits.
I am entitled to federal entitlement reform.
I am entitled to take credit for all the jobs I create while ignoring any jobs I destroy.
I am entitled to claim credit for all the profits made during a booming economy while blaming losses or setbacks on adverse market or economic conditions.
I am entitled to deny knowledge or responsibility for any controversial decisions made after my departure from the company, even while profiting from such decisions if they enhance shareholder value.
I am entitled to all the rights and privileges of running an American company, but owe no loyalty to American workers or taxpayers.
I am entitled to confidential information about my employees and customers while refusing even to list the company's phone number on its Web site.
I am entitled to be treated with deference and respect by investors I mislead, customers I bamboozle, directors I manipulate and employees I view as expendable.
I am entitled to be lionized in the media without answering any questions from reporters.
I am entitled to the VIP entrance.
I am entitled to everything I have and more that I still deserve.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 4,199
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #134
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $15936
I have argued that executive compensation needs to be revisited and reformed.

But this is a hot pile of ridiculous garbage. One of the dumbest, most elitist things I've ever read. As if politicians don't get similar perks if not worse, and as if the government has any track record of efficiency.

Even if executives are over-compensated, which is what I argue, it's still a better option than wasting hundreds of millions of dollars on waste created by public sector inefficiencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
Steven Pearlstein
Columnist
From the Washington Post.

I am a job creator: A manifesto for the entitled

By Steven Pearlstein, Published: September 29
I am a corporate chief executive.
I am a business owner.
I am a private-equity fund manager.
I am the misunderstood superhero of American capitalism, single-handedly creating wealth and prosperity despite all the obstacles put in my way by employees, government and the media.
I am a job creator and I am entitled.

I am entitled to complain about the economy even when my stock price, my portfolio and my profits are at record levels.
I am entitled to a healthy and well-educated workforce, a modern and efficient transportation system and protection for my person and property, just as I am entitled to demonize the government workers who provide them.
I am entitled to complain bitterly about taxes that are always too high, even when they are at record lows.
I am entitled to a judicial system that efficiently enforces contracts and legal obligations on customers, suppliers and employees but does not afford them the same right in return.
I am entitled to complain about the poor quality of service provided by government agencies even as I leave my own customers on hold for 35 minutes while repeatedly telling them how important their call is.
I am entitled to a compensation package that is above average for my company's size and industry, reflecting the company's aspirations if not its performance.
I am entitled to have the company pay for breakfasts and lunches, a luxury car and private jet travel, my country club dues and home security systems, box seats to all major sporting events, a pension equal to my current salary and a full package of insurance - life, health, dental, disability and long-term care - through retirement.
I am entitled to have my earned income taxed as capital gains and my investment income taxed at the lowest rate anywhere in the world - or not at all.
I am entitled to inside information and favorable investment opportunities not available to ordinary investors. I am entitled to brag about my investment returns.
I am entitled to pass on my accumulated wealth tax-free to heirs, who in turn, are entitled to claim that they earned everything they have.
I am entitled to use unlimited amounts of my own or company funds to buy elections without disclosing such expenditures to shareholders or the public.
I am entitled to use company funds to burnish my own charitable reputation.
I am entitled to provide political support to radical, uncompromising politicians and then complain about how dysfunctional Washington has become.
Although I have no clue how government works, I am entitled to be consulted on public policy by politicians and bureaucrats who have no clue about how business works.
I am entitled to publicly criticize the president and members of Congress, who are not entitled to criticize me.
I am entitled to fire any worker who tries to organize a union. I am entitled to break any existing union by moving, or threatening to move, operations to a union-hostile environment.
I am entitled to a duty of care and loyalty from employees and investors who are owed no such duty in return.
I am entitled to operate my business free of all government regulations other than those written or approved by my industry.
I am entitled to load companies up with debt in order to pay myself and investors big dividends - and then blame any bankruptcy on over-compensated workers.
I am entitled to contracts, subsidies, tax breaks, loans and even bailouts from government, even as I complain about job-killing government budget deficits.
I am entitled to federal entitlement reform.
I am entitled to take credit for all the jobs I create while ignoring any jobs I destroy.
I am entitled to claim credit for all the profits made during a booming economy while blaming losses or setbacks on adverse market or economic conditions.
I am entitled to deny knowledge or responsibility for any controversial decisions made after my departure from the company, even while profiting from such decisions if they enhance shareholder value.
I am entitled to all the rights and privileges of running an American company, but owe no loyalty to American workers or taxpayers.
I am entitled to confidential information about my employees and customers while refusing even to list the company's phone number on its Web site.
I am entitled to be treated with deference and respect by investors I mislead, customers I bamboozle, directors I manipulate and employees I view as expendable.
I am entitled to be lionized in the media without answering any questions from reporters.
I am entitled to the VIP entrance.
I am entitled to everything I have and more that I still deserve.
Posts: 21,486
chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #135
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $15936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
Your entire response is nothing by untrue propaganda. But that is why conservatives only bring up teachers unions.

Here is an example of what I am talking about.



http://www.ltcmn.org/

This is the link to the school in Missouri.
http://www.laborers-highhill.org/
Much of what the union does is to do what it takes to protect the jobs of union members. All you've demonstrated is that you're building one-dimensional contract workers who are only available when there is a demand for construction workers. And when you restrict yourself to one industry, it's hard to advance yourself because there are a gajillion people competing for a finite # of leadership positions.

Which means that if there aren't enough construction workers, you force them to do work that doesn't need to be done. That's the problem with unions. The private sector has built a strong force of multi-dimensional talent. Lots of people start off in accounting, and then wind up somewhere they never imagined, like Marketing or Operations. The benefit there is, when that worker is seeking new work, he/she can go where the opportunities are.
Posts: 21,486
chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:12 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.