Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 12:50 PM  
tk13 tk13 is offline
...
 
tk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Casino cash: $18790
Superman/Batman movie coming in 2016

Not official yet... but it sounds like it will be soon. Justice League to come in 2017.

Quote:
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Quote:
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/

Last edited by tk13; 08-06-2014 at 11:46 PM..
Posts: 37,436
tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:41 AM   #451
RobBlake RobBlake is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Casino cash: $9190
need a bizzaro
Posts: 953
RobBlake is not part of the Right 53.RobBlake is not part of the Right 53.RobBlake is not part of the Right 53.RobBlake is not part of the Right 53.RobBlake is not part of the Right 53.RobBlake is not part of the Right 53.RobBlake is not part of the Right 53.RobBlake is not part of the Right 53.RobBlake is not part of the Right 53.RobBlake is not part of the Right 53.RobBlake is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:26 AM   #452
lcarus lcarus is offline
Everybody Lies.
 
lcarus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Casino cash: $15607
I think I'm the only one who doesn't hate the Bale Batman voice. He was trying to hide his identity after all.
Posts: 11,502
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #453
tk13 tk13 is offline
...
 
tk13's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2001
Casino cash: $18790
http://www.slashfilm.com/aquaman-jas...wn-of-justice/

Jason Momoa has been cast as Aquaman. In this movie.
Posts: 37,436
tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.tk13 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:05 PM   #454
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $9367
Aquaman is going to be in this too? Just call it justice league.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Sure-Oz could ****ing track anyone in the country via Twitter. Dude makes me scared to leave the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
.
Sure-Oz in this mother****er. Resident Tweet master and maligned Royals fan.
Posts: 40,505
Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #455
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $16327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Aquaman is going to be in this too? Just call it justice league.
Yea....hopefully they are not overstuffing it. But my guess is that it will be a small role.

Its interesting....WB probably felt like MoS underperformed relative to its budget. So they panic a bit and decide to bring in some big guns to help him out. Basically copying the Marvel success.

I hope it works out. I really liked MoS, and I'd love to see them get this right.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 50,981
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #456
Tribal Warfare Tribal Warfare is offline
The Boom Boom Room
 
Tribal Warfare's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Far Beyond Comprehension
Casino cash: $9997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Yea....hopefully they are not overstuffing it. But my guess is that it will be a small role.

Its interesting....WB probably felt like MoS underperformed relative to its budget. So they panic a bit and decide to bring in some big guns to help him out. Basically copying the Marvel success.

I hope it works out. I really liked MoS, and I'd love to see them get this right.
Posted via Mobile Device
I wouldn't expect much considering Nolan isn't as involved as much as he was in MoS.
__________________
Posts: 28,728
Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:15 PM   #457
Bowser Bowser is offline
Eff an A, Cotton!!
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Transition
Casino cash: $8515
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
http://www.slashfilm.com/aquaman-jas...wn-of-justice/

Jason Momoa has been cast as Aquaman. In this movie.
Lol, that's the kiss of death right there. Momoa was good as Ronon Dex in Stargate: Atlantis and fantastic as Khal Drogo in GoT. Everything else has been pure shit.

DC is going to go up in flames wth this endeavor. They'll still make a boatload of cash, but this is just going to be an unmitigated disaster.
Posts: 53,099
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #458
Aries Walker Aries Walker is online now
Back again.
 
Aries Walker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Aspen Hill, MD
Casino cash: $10701
"Everything else"? What else has he done? Conan, and Baywatch. This seems perfect casting both for him, and for the character, who really needs to break out of the running-joke status he has now. I'd even say this is a coup for DC, to get Aquaman on screen before Marvel gets around to putting out the Sub-Mariner.

I suspect he, Green Lantern, Flash, and even Wonder Woman will have small, set-up roles to get them ready for Justice League in 2017, like Hawkeye had in Thor, or Black Widow had in Iron Man 2. I don't expect much from this series at all - the success or failure of superhero movies as legitimate rests firmly on Marvel's shoulders either way - but it won't hurt.
Posts: 5,001
Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:31 PM   #459
Bowser Bowser is offline
Eff an A, Cotton!!
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Transition
Casino cash: $8515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Walker View Post
"Everything else"? What else has he done? Conan, and Baywatch. This seems perfect casting both for him, and for the character, who really needs to break out of the running-joke status he has now. I'd even say this is a coup for DC, to get Aquaman on screen before Marvel gets around to putting out the Sub-Mariner.

I suspect he, Green Lantern, Flash, and even Wonder Woman will have small, set-up roles to get them ready for Justice League in 2017, like Hawkeye had in Thor, or Black Widow had in Iron Man 2. I don't expect much from this series at all - the success or failure of superhero movies as legitimate rests firmly on Marvel's shoulders either way - but it won't hurt.
He's type cast. He's the brooding killer guy. Not what I pictured Aquaman to be, but whatever. You may be right in DC trying to get over on Marvel by getting Aquaman out before Marvel can do a Namor story, but these are both second tier characters imho, so what impact will it really have to make a bad casting just to try to one up Marvel?

Maybe the problem is that I have zero faith in them getting these stories right?
Posts: 53,099
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:34 PM   #460
Ragged Robin Ragged Robin is offline
Veteran
 
Ragged Robin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Casino cash: $9637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Walker View Post
"Everything else"? What else has he done? Conan, and Baywatch. This seems perfect casting both for him, and for the character, who really needs to break out of the running-joke status he has now. I'd even say this is a coup for DC, to get Aquaman on screen before Marvel gets around to putting out the Sub-Mariner.

I suspect he, Green Lantern, Flash, and even Wonder Woman will have small, set-up roles to get them ready for Justice League in 2017, like Hawkeye had in Thor, or Black Widow had in Iron Man 2. I don't expect much from this series at all - the success or failure of superhero movies as legitimate rests firmly on Marvel's shoulders either way - but it won't hurt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
He's type cast. He's the brooding killer guy. Not what I pictured Aquaman to be, but whatever. You may be right in DC trying to get over on Marvel by getting Aquaman out before Marvel can do a Namor story, but these are both second tier characters imho, so what impact will it really have to make a bad casting just to try to one up Marvel?

Maybe the problem is that I have zero faith in them getting these stories right?
I guess no blonde-beach-boy Aquaman anymore? I honestly don't like how they're casting all these known or established actors for every single one of these roles.. way too easy to typecast and get wrong. They should be pulling lesser known actors that are more like the characters themselves.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead View Post
You listen to me. Alex Smith already won this game.

If we lose, it's 100 percent on the defense.
Posts: 1,516
Ragged Robin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Ragged Robin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Ragged Robin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Ragged Robin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Ragged Robin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Ragged Robin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Ragged Robin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Ragged Robin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Ragged Robin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Ragged Robin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Ragged Robin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:57 PM   #461
CoMoChief CoMoChief is offline
The Revolution Has Begun
 
CoMoChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $10725
no Adrian Grenier?
__________________
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: RT Donald Stephenson #79
Posts: 31,205
CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:32 PM   #462
Aries Walker Aries Walker is online now
Back again.
 
Aries Walker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Aspen Hill, MD
Casino cash: $10701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Maybe the problem is that I have zero faith in them getting these stories right?
And justifiably so.
Posts: 5,001
Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #463
Aries Walker Aries Walker is online now
Back again.
 
Aries Walker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Aspen Hill, MD
Casino cash: $10701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin View Post
I guess no blonde-beach-boy Aquaman anymore? I honestly don't like how they're casting all these known or established actors for every single one of these roles.. way too easy to typecast and get wrong. They should be pulling lesser known actors that are more like the characters themselves.
Although Cavill was a relative unknown, yeah, they peppered Man of Steel with headliners. They seem to have reined it in a bit with this one, although I think Momoa may be the first of that movie's casting that I can get even a little behind. Maybe Jeremy Irons as Alfred.
Posts: 5,001
Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:05 PM   #464
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $9367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Walker View Post
Although Cavill was a relative unknown, yeah, they peppered Man of Steel with headliners. They seem to have reined it in a bit with this one, although I think Momoa may be the first of that movie's casting that I can get even a little behind. Maybe Jeremy Irons as Alfred.
I thought Cavill def looked the part even if the movie was so so imo...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Sure-Oz could ****ing track anyone in the country via Twitter. Dude makes me scared to leave the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
.
Sure-Oz in this mother****er. Resident Tweet master and maligned Royals fan.
Posts: 40,505
Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #465
Guru Guru is offline
SKC 13-Royals 14-Chiefs 15?
 
Guru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Middle of the USA
Casino cash: $18655
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
I thought Cavill def looked the part even if the movie was so so imo...
He had a few Christopher Reeve moments in the movie as well. Don't know if that was intentional but I liked that.
__________________
Same as it ever was.
Posts: 55,054
Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:09 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.