Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 09:50 PM  
HonestChieffan HonestChieffan is online now
Country Santa Year Around
 
HonestChieffan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the Country in MO
Casino cash: $1266914
Kansas School Celebrates Islam. How 'bout that?

Lefty religion haters like many here will go nuts over Jesus being mentioned in a school. And they will defend this bullshit.

Congrats Kansas.





Parents at a Wichita, Kan. elementary school were shocked to discover a giant wall display inside the building promoting the five pillars of Islam.

The large exhibit was erected before the start of the school year as part of a religion component being taught at Minneha Core Knowledge Magnet School, a school district spokesperson told Fox News.

“The bulletin board that originally caused the concern does represent the 5 Pillars of Islam — in a historical context of their studies,” the spokesperson said.

The district said the photograph of the bulletin board is misleading because it is “without context.”

“There is also a painting of the Last Supper hanging in the school as part of the study of art and the Renaissance period,” the spokesperson said. “A photo take of a bulletin board without context is misleading, and some have taken it out of context without having all the information.”

Nevertheless, the school has removed the Islamic bulletin board until the subject matter is taught later this fall.

School officials said the study of Islam is part of their “Core Knowledge” magnet curriculum.
Posts: 28,302
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #76
Brock Brock is offline
Do it.
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $160873
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct View Post
your and idiot

regardless, kansas does suk
Great points, dumbshit.
Posts: 42,713
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #77
Mavericks Ace Mavericks Ace is online now
Snoopy
 
Mavericks Ace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Casino cash: $65940
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
Osam Bin Laden, Iran, Hezbollah, etc. disagree.


Im at a loss for words.......

I found some. Perhaps you need to understand the fundamental differences between, EXTREMIST, and Religion.

Islam as it was intended is NOT violent.

It was perverted by EXTREMISTS like Osama Bin Laden that preyed on the scared, the uneducated and the weak.

You are further proof why the basic parameters of Islam need to be taught so people like yourself can understand the difference between Islam, and TERRORISM.
__________________
Originally Posted by Kaepernick View Post
I don't miss these Alex Smith arguments one bit on the 49ers Forum. As much as I hate to see you guys stuck with these debates now, better you than us. We had our fill over the years.

Yet your Pussy ass is still here.
Im ADOPTING ALEX SMITH AS MY CHIEF FOR NEXT SEASON DAMMITT.
Posts: 9,607
Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.Mavericks Ace is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #78
mnchiefsguy mnchiefsguy is offline
MVP
 
mnchiefsguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Casino cash: $11132979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post




Im at a loss for words.......

I found some. Perhaps you need to understand the fundamental differences between, EXTREMIST, and Religion.

Islam as it was intended is NOT violent.

It was perverted by EXTREMISTS like Osama Bin Laden that preyed on the scared, the uneducated and the weak.

You are further proof why the basic parameters of Islam need to be taught so people like yourself can understand the difference between Islam, and TERRORISM.
Until the moderate elements of Islam stand up and renounce the radicals, my point stands. The radical elements of Islam continue to commit acts of terror and declare jihads on the US and Israel. We are constantly told that they are a fraction of a minority...yet no one from what is supposed to be the vast majority of moderate Muslims ever speaks up.

If a bunch of crazy Catholics were to blow up a building, the Pope would be among the first to condemn them. Hezbollah, Hamas, etc. committed acts of violence against sovereign nations on a daily basis (particularly Israel), and no Islamic leader says squat.

It is completely reasonable to come to the conclusion that Islam, in its current state, is a violent religion. That does not mean it has to stay that way....someday, maybe, the silent majority of Muslims will stand up and exile the radicals to the fringe of their religion. Until the radicals are publicly outcast by the leaders of Islam, the perception that Islam is a violent religion is not going to change.
__________________
Posts: 6,826
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #79
KChiefer KChiefer is offline
Fantastic Planeteer
 
KChiefer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Champaign, IL
Casino cash: $999896
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
Until the moderate elements of Islam stand up and renounce the radicals, my point stands. The radical elements of Islam continue to commit acts of terror and declare jihads on the US and Israel. We are constantly told that they are a fraction of a minority...yet no one from what is supposed to be the vast majority of moderate Muslims ever speaks up.

If a bunch of crazy Catholics were to blow up a building, the Pope would be among the first to condemn them. Hezbollah, Hamas, etc. committed acts of violence against sovereign nations on a daily basis (particularly Israel), and no Islamic leader says squat.

It is completely reasonable to come to the conclusion that Islam, in its current state, is a violent religion. That does not mean it has to stay that way....someday, maybe, the silent majority of Muslims will stand up and exile the radicals to the fringe of their religion. Until the radicals are publicly outcast by the leaders of Islam, the perception that Islam is a violent religion is not going to change.
If you live somewhere other than po-dunk USA, you have Muslims in your town and those Muslims are not violent and their leaders promote non-violence, you just don't want to hear/believe that.
Posts: 4,778
KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #80
Fish Fish is offline
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $2121460
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
Until the moderate elements of Islam stand up and renounce the radicals, my point stands. The radical elements of Islam continue to commit acts of terror and declare jihads on the US and Israel. We are constantly told that they are a fraction of a minority...yet no one from what is supposed to be the vast majority of moderate Muslims ever speaks up.

If a bunch of crazy Catholics were to blow up a building, the Pope would be among the first to condemn them. Hezbollah, Hamas, etc. committed acts of violence against sovereign nations on a daily basis (particularly Israel), and no Islamic leader says squat.

It is completely reasonable to come to the conclusion that Islam, in its current state, is a violent religion. That does not mean it has to stay that way....someday, maybe, the silent majority of Muslims will stand up and exile the radicals to the fringe of their religion. Until the radicals are publicly outcast by the leaders of Islam, the perception that Islam is a violent religion is not going to change.
So..... since the Westboro church is technically "Christian", and the Christian community as a whole hasn't stepped up to officially condemn them, can we also come to the conclusion that all of Christianity thinks "God hates pillowbiters", or that Christians condone saying "Thank God for dead soldiers"?

No, of course not. You can't hold an entire religion responsible for the actions of extremists who participate. Islam certainly appears to have more extremists, I wouldn't argue that. But Islam can't be defined by the actions of their extremists anymore than Christianity can be defined by the actions of the Westboro church.
__________________
Posts: 25,577
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #81
mnchiefsguy mnchiefsguy is offline
MVP
 
mnchiefsguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Casino cash: $11132979
Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefer View Post
If you live somewhere other than po-dunk USA, you have Muslims in your town and those Muslims are not violent and their leaders promote non-violence, you just don't want to hear/believe that.
Never said there weren't. I am not talking about the local small town cleric, I am talking about the clerics that go on Al-Jezzera promoting jihad and such. I am talking about clerics on an equivalent level with say, a Bishop or the Pope in Catholicism, for example....leaders that hold sway over an entire sect of Islam. Those leaders do not denounce the radicals. Those leaders continue to call for the extermination of Israel. How is that peaceful?

Moderate Muslims are much more tolerant of radical Muslims and their violent behavior than Christian or Jews are of their radical elements, in my opinion. Feel free to show some evidence to the contrary, if you wish.
__________________
Posts: 6,826
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #82
KC native KC native is online now
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $1072310
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
who said there was?
Goddamn, do you have to have your hand held through everything? You compared it a bulletin board celebrating christian scriptures thus implying the current bulletin board "celebrates" islam.
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 17,196
KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #83
mnchiefsguy mnchiefsguy is offline
MVP
 
mnchiefsguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Casino cash: $11132979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
So..... since the Westboro church is technically "Christian", and the Christian community as a whole hasn't stepped up to officially condemn them, can we also come to the conclusion that all of Christianity thinks "God hates pillowbiters", or that Christians condone saying "Thank God for dead soldiers"?

No, of course not. You can't hold an entire religion responsible for the actions of extremists who participate. Islam certainly appears to have more extremists, I wouldn't argue that. But Islam can't be defined by the actions of their extremists anymore than Christianity can be defined by the actions of the Westboro church.
The Christian community as a whole has not, in my opinion, endorsed Westboro, and I have seem their actions condemned by many national Christian leaders, so I do not think your example is a concrete on.

Based on my personal experience, I have never encountered anyone who has endorsed Westboro...but I have encounter several Muslims who claimed to be moderate, yet were supportive of the actions of Hezbollah and Hamas.
__________________
Posts: 6,826
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #84
KChiefer KChiefer is offline
Fantastic Planeteer
 
KChiefer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Champaign, IL
Casino cash: $999896
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
Never said there weren't. I am not talking about the local small town cleric, I am talking about the clerics that go on Al-Jezzera promoting jihad and such. I am talking about clerics on an equivalent level with say, a Bishop or the Pope in Catholicism, for example....leaders that hold sway over an entire sect of Islam. Those leaders do not denounce the radicals. Those leaders continue to call for the extermination of Israel. How is that peaceful?

Moderate Muslims are much more tolerant of radical Muslims and their violent behavior than Christian or Jews are of their radical elements, in my opinion. Feel free to show some evidence to the contrary, if you wish.
Hmmm, don't recall the Pope saying a whole lot about his priests being petterasses...I wonder why???
Posts: 4,778
KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #85
mnchiefsguy mnchiefsguy is offline
MVP
 
mnchiefsguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Casino cash: $11132979
Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefer View Post
Hmmm, don't recall the Pope saying a whole lot about his priests being petterasses...I wonder why???
And a vast majority of Christians, myself included, were extremely critical of him and the Catholic Church for their conduct.
__________________
Posts: 6,826
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #86
mnchiefsguy mnchiefsguy is offline
MVP
 
mnchiefsguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Casino cash: $11132979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post

No, of course not. You can't hold an entire religion responsible for the actions of extremists who participate. Islam certainly appears to have more extremists, I wouldn't argue that. But Islam can't be defined by the actions of their extremists anymore than Christianity can be defined by the actions of the Westboro church.
As to the bolded, I would be wiling to agree, except that many prominent, mainstream Islamic leaders not only accept but endorse the radicals. What is said on Al Jereza in arabic is often very different than the public comments made in English as well.
__________________
Posts: 6,826
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #87
KC native KC native is online now
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $1072310
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
As to the bolded, I would be wiling to agree, except that many prominent, mainstream Islamic leaders not only accept but endorse the radicals. What is said on Al Jereza in arabic is often very different than the public comments made in English as well.
So where did you learn how to read Arabic?
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 17,196
KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #88
Cannibal Cannibal is offline
Better to burn out...
 
Cannibal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Bible Thumping Country
Casino cash: $64634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Schools are not the place for religious symbolism. There is no need to inflame people over this shit.
Agreed. Public schools are not the place for ANY religion, including christianity.

If it's a private christian school, do whatever the hell you want.
__________________
..
Posts: 9,099
Cannibal Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Cannibal Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Cannibal Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Cannibal Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Cannibal Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Cannibal Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Cannibal Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Cannibal Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Cannibal Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Cannibal Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Cannibal Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #89
Fish Fish is offline
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $2121460
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
The Christian community as a whole has not, in my opinion, endorsed Westboro, and I have seem their actions condemned by many national Christian leaders, so I do not think your example is a concrete on.

Based on my personal experience, I have never encountered anyone who has endorsed Westboro...but I have encounter several Muslims who claimed to be moderate, yet were supportive of the actions of Hezbollah and Hamas.
No offense, but it sounds like you're basing too much off personal experience. The Islamic community as a whole has certainly not endorsed extremist violence, and many instances could be shown where they've condemned it.

This is exactly why education about the religion is important, regardless of whether you agree with the religion or not...
__________________
Posts: 25,577
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #90
KC native KC native is online now
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $1072310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
No offense, but it sounds like you're basing too much off personal experience. The Islamic community as a whole has certainly not endorsed extremist violence, and many instances could be shown where they've condemned it.

This is exactly why education about the religion is important, regardless of whether you agree with the religion or not...
Do you really believe his personal experience? He's claiming to know that what is posted on Al Jazeera in Arabic is different than what they post in English.
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 17,196
KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.