Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Royal Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 01:28 PM  
Taco John Taco John is offline
12on Paul
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Casino cash: $7402
Boehner says he will not pass a clean bill from Reid

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) insisted Thursday that the government would not shut down, but he also flatly refused to pass a "clean" spending bill to keep Uncle Sam in business next week when the bank account runs dry.

"I do not see that happening," Boehner told reporters on Capitol Hill after meeting with Republican legislators.

The House passed a measure last week to fund the government after Sept. 30 only if Democrats agree to strip spending from Obamacare. The Senate is in the process of removing the health care defunding and plans to send a simple spending bill back to the House by this weekend. That bill would keep the government running until Nov. 15.

Boehner declared, "I don't expect" the government to close. But he did not explain how he and his Republican caucus could amend the Senate bill, debate it, vote on it and send it back to the Senate for more action there before Oct. 1.

"There will be options available to us," Boehner said. "There's not going to be any speculation about what we're going to do or not do until the Senate passes their bill."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3996800.html
Posts: 50,964
Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #76
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $9088
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth View Post
and most of the people impacted by the mandate are Democrats anyway. They are not going to become republicans over this.
No but I know quite a few that are becoming disenchanted and will simply not go to the polls or will vote whackadoodle 3rd party instead.
Posts: 14,963
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #77
alnorth alnorth is offline
MVP
 
alnorth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Iowania
Casino cash: $15095
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Here is a thought for all those who have joined with the media to place the blame solely on the GOP should a govt shutdown (unlikely) occur.

Let's look at a situation...

Let's say that you have a college kid who gets money every month from his mom to pay his bills. He spends that money on food, gas, books and his hobby of collecting beenie babies. Now for whatever reason his mom is no longer in charge of the purse and his dad takes over. The dad doesn't agree with his son spending money on beenie babies so he says "I will give you the same money that you always got but you no longer are allowed to buy beenie babies." The son freaks out and says "NO! I refuse that deal!" The dad says, "sorry but I am now in charge of the finances and that's one expense I am not willing to pay for."

When the kid sticks to his guns and goes hungry... who is to blame? Is it 100% the fault of the dad?

The American public voted a new "parent" into office when they elected the current House. The House is the part of our govt that is SUPPOSED to be in charge of spending. Don't like what they chose to spend money on then elect new Reps. OR if you don't agree with our system of govt then change the Constitution so that Obama can just rule by executive fiat... oh wait...
The GOP has no mandate. Obama won and more people voted for democrats in the house than republicans. The GOP only held onto the house because of gerrymandering caused by their big 2010 win.

If the government is shut down, then a lot of people are going to be hurt, and they are going to blame the GOP for it. If we default, then the economy will likely crash, and there will be hell to pay for the GOP.

If you want to cut spending, then you should pass a new law that cuts spending. The debt ceiling is not a valid option. This is not a case where we are deciding to spend more money, we've already chosen to spend that money, and the bill needs to be paid.
__________________
<ptp> how many emo kids does it take to change a lightbulb?
<Willy> HOW MANY?!
<ptp> none they just sit in the dark and cry
Posts: 27,704
alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #78
alnorth alnorth is offline
MVP
 
alnorth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Iowania
Casino cash: $15095
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
No but I know quite a few that are becoming disenchanted and will simply not go to the polls or will vote whackadoodle 3rd party instead.
In midterms, perhaps. Democrats are unreliable voters.

But in presidential elections, I really do think the GOP is in a hell of a lot of trouble. The millennial generation is the largest generation (bigger than the boomers, there won't be a comparably large generation until they have adult children of their own), they will all be eligible to vote in 2016, they appear to be VERY liberal, and unlike the gen x slackers, that cohort actually votes. The far right wing of the millennials is libertarian. The far left is anarchy, overall they are very left.

It may take a couple elections, but I do believe the young voters are going to take this country a pretty hard turn left. By the time things settle down, the republican party is going to look and act more like the Tories in the UK than the tea party of today.
__________________
<ptp> how many emo kids does it take to change a lightbulb?
<Willy> HOW MANY?!
<ptp> none they just sit in the dark and cry
Posts: 27,704
alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #79
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $15475
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Here is a thought for all those who have joined with the media to place the blame solely on the GOP should a govt shutdown (unlikely) occur.

Let's look at a situation...

Let's say that you have a college kid who gets money every month from his mom to pay his bills. He spends that money on food, gas, books and his hobby of collecting beenie babies. Now for whatever reason his mom is no longer in charge of the purse and his dad takes over. The dad doesn't agree with his son spending money on beenie babies so he says "I will give you the same money that you always got but you no longer are allowed to buy beenie babies." The son freaks out and says "NO! I refuse that deal!" The dad says, "sorry but I am now in charge of the finances and that's one expense I am not willing to pay for."

When the kid sticks to his guns and goes hungry... who is to blame? Is it 100% the fault of the dad?

The American public voted a new "parent" into office when they elected the current House. The House is the part of our govt that is SUPPOSED to be in charge of spending. Don't like what they chose to spend money on then elect new Reps. OR if you don't agree with our system of govt then change the Constitution so that Obama can just rule by executive fiat... oh wait...
No--the dad is refusing to pay for future beanie babies the kid hasn't bought yet. The debt ceiling issue at hand is about paying for stuff already bought--it is on the credit card and now due.
Posts: 19,424
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #80
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $9088
Oh and for Obama to make the idiotic and outrageous claim that this withholding of specific funding is unprecedented shows that he is either A) completely uneducated on the subject B)aware that the media won't call him out on what amounts to a bold faced lie.
Posts: 14,963
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #81
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $7720
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Here is a thought for all those who have joined with the media to place the blame solely on the GOP should a govt shutdown (unlikely) occur.

Let's look at a situation...

Let's say that you have a college kid who gets money every month from his mom to pay his bills. He spends that money on food, gas, books and his hobby of collecting beenie babies. Now for whatever reason his mom is no longer in charge of the purse and his dad takes over. The dad doesn't agree with his son spending money on beenie babies so he says "I will give you the same money that you always got but you no longer are allowed to buy beenie babies." The son freaks out and says "NO! I refuse that deal!" The dad says, "sorry but I am now in charge of the finances and that's one expense I am not willing to pay for."

When the kid sticks to his guns and goes hungry... who is to blame? Is it 100% the fault of the dad?

The American public voted a new "parent" into office when they elected the current House. The House is the part of our govt that is SUPPOSED to be in charge of spending. Don't like what they chose to spend money on then elect new Reps. OR if you don't agree with our system of govt then change the Constitution so that Obama can just rule by executive fiat... oh wait...

Well, first, defunding ObamaCare doesn't get rid of it. So there is that.

So, this "Parent" , if I were to steal your dumb analogy, is basically saying, I am cutting off all funding for everything until you end a program I don't like.

Then there is the fact that this doesn't allow more spending, but pays the bills already passed by this "parent". So, the "parent" is saying, I won't pay the bill I already approved unless you give me what I want.

And then there is the pesky fact that the president won the presidential race over an opponent who specifically said he would end Obamacare.

So yes, Republicans, intentionally passing non starter bills, operating in bad faith and wasting tax payer money, will rightly be blamed for any government shut down.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 4,044
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #82
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $15475
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth View Post
If you want to cut spending, then you should pass a new law that cuts spending. The debt ceiling is not a valid option. This is not a case where we are deciding to spend more money, we've already chosen to spend that money, and the bill needs to be paid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
No--the dad is refusing to pay for future beanie babies the kid hasn't bought yet. The debt ceiling issue at hand is about paying for stuff already bought--it is on the credit card and now due.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
Then there is the fact that this doesn't allow more spending, but pays the bills already passed by this "parent". So, the "parent" is saying, I won't pay the bill I already approved unless you give me what I want.
This, this and this.

AC--your analogy was ridiculous.
Posts: 19,424
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #83
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $9088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
Well, first, defunding ObamaCare doesn't get rid of it. So there is that.

So, this "Parent" , if I were to steal your dumb analogy, is basically saying, I am cutting off all funding for everything until you end a program I don't like.

Then there is the fact that this doesn't allow more spending, but pays the bills already passed by this "parent". So, the "parent" is saying, I won't pay the bill I already approved unless you give me what I want.

And then there is the pesky fact that the president won the presidential race over an opponent who specifically said he would end Obamacare.

So yes, Republicans, intentionally passing non starter bills, operating in bad faith and wasting tax payer money, will rightly be blamed for any government shut down.
I honestly was hoping you wouldn't respond because well.. I am getting tired of explaining shit to you. PLEASE take some fundamental classes in logic and reading comprehension, it will do us all a world of good.

#1 You bring up the "PRESIDENT WON! THAT MEANS HE IS IN CHARGE OF ALL THINGS!" argument. You may also want to take a few govt classes while you are at it.

#2 The CURRENT parent did NOT already approve of the spending.. that was the shitty previous "parent." The current parent is saying they will pay all previous bills and keep the credit cards current if the child stops buying new beenie babies. That is all. But just like the spoiled child who once got his way... you have to throw a n tantrum and scream that this "bad parent" is going to make you starve to death and get bad credit... simply because you refuse to stop buying crap they don't approve of.

The POWER OF THE PURSE is a bitch... and it resides with the HOUSE. You can't hate that all you want, you can ignore it and (like the media) slant the argument. BUT the reality is, it's a lie. This is exactly how our govt was put together to work.
Posts: 14,963
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #84
RedNeckRaider RedNeckRaider is offline
Got highway?
 
RedNeckRaider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $7379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
Well, first, defunding ObamaCare doesn't get rid of it. So there is that.

So, this "Parent" , if I were to steal your dumb analogy, is basically saying, I am cutting off all funding for everything until you end a program I don't like.

Then there is the fact that this doesn't allow more spending, but pays the bills already passed by this "parent". So, the "parent" is saying, I won't pay the bill I already approved unless you give me what I want.

And then there is the pesky fact that the president won the presidential race over an opponent who specifically said he would end Obamacare.

So yes, Republicans, intentionally passing non starter bills, operating in bad faith and wasting tax payer money, will rightly be blamed for any government shut down.
Serious question if this health care is so important why won't he be willing to delay the thing for a year? After all he is already allowing some to not follow the law. From what I understand the year delay will be offered. It is clear this cluster **** is no where near ready. Why is he insisting that a law he is not even willing to completely enforce something he will shutdown the government over?
__________________
It would indeed be a tragedy if the history of the human race proved to be nothing more than the story of an ape playing with a box of matches on a petrol dump.
David Ormsby Gore~
Posts: 24,205
RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #85
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Yeah, each party when they get int control thinks its a good idea. When the are out of power, they are horrified to think of it being gone. But, even if you get rid of the filibuster, Obama will veto. It's still just a unrealistic dream world.

And in 2016, remember that demographic death spiral.......... Paul or Cruz aint getting you out of that death spiral.
I think your demographic death spiral is just a product of your wishful thinking media bubble.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #86
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $9088
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
This, this and this.

AC--your analogy was ridiculous.
No, the three of you didn't manage a cohesive response amongst you. Loneiguana gets a pass because frankly I don't expect him to know or care about how the govt actually works. You and Al don;t get that latitude. You tried to shift this to a "but these are bills we have already spent on" argument. Ok fine since you want to play games with the analogy. Let's change it to a credit card bill. The credit card is meant for books, food, gas not knick knacks. The parent says "I will KEEP paying your bills if you stop buying crap." That INCLUDES past bills but doesn't include any plans you had to buy more crap in the future.

That is EXACTLY what the House has offered. Spin it how you want but that is how the House and the power of the purse is MEANT to work.
Posts: 14,963
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #87
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $9088
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
No--the dad is refusing to pay for future beanie babies the kid hasn't bought yet. The debt ceiling issue at hand is about paying for stuff already bought--it is on the credit card and now due.
The House is willing to pay all PAST due amounts so long as no new spending on Obamacare occurs. There is no initiative to retroactively "unspend" what we have already spent. So, either you fail in your lack of knowledge of what is happening or you are just so blindly partisan that you are willing to convolute things to your convenience.
Posts: 14,963
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #88
RedNeckRaider RedNeckRaider is offline
Got highway?
 
RedNeckRaider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $7379
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR View Post
Serious question if this health care is so important why won't he be willing to delay the thing for a year? After all he is already allowing some to not follow the law. From what I understand the year delay will be offered. It is clear this cluster **** is no where near ready. Why is he insisting that a law he is not even willing to completely enforce something he will shutdown the government over?
Any takers from the left on this one?
__________________
It would indeed be a tragedy if the history of the human race proved to be nothing more than the story of an ape playing with a box of matches on a petrol dump.
David Ormsby Gore~
Posts: 24,205
RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #89
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $7720
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
I honestly was hoping you wouldn't respond because well.. I am getting tired of explaining shit to you. PLEASE take some fundamental classes in logic and reading comprehension, it will do us all a world of good.

#1 You bring up the "PRESIDENT WON! THAT MEANS HE IS IN CHARGE OF ALL THINGS!" argument. You may also want to take a few govt classes while you are at it.
Don't lecture anyone about reading comprehension when you take the argument to an extreme, just to attempt to dismiss it.

Or maybe you did that because you don't actually have a rebuttal, but just lame strawmen?

Not remember when You said this? "The American public voted a new "parent" into office when they elected the current House"

Hey guess what numbnuts, I can say the same thing about the President.

But hey, go all strawman on us. It only makes you look more stupid.

Maybe if you think a little bit, you might understand how saying "Give us what we want, or we crash the economy and stop the goverment" isn't exactly the best strategy to sell to the American public that voted for the Guy who said he wouldn't end it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
#2 The CURRENT parent did NOT already approve of the spending.. that was the shitty previous "parent." The current parent is saying they will pay all previous bills and keep the credit cards current if the child stops buying new beenie babies. That is all. But just like the spoiled child who once got his way... you have to throw a n tantrum and scream that this "bad parent" is going to make you starve to death and get bad credit... simply because you refuse to stop buying crap they don't approve of.

The POWER OF THE PURSE is a bitch... and it resides with the HOUSE. You can't hate that all you want, you can ignore it and (like the media) slant the argument. BUT the reality is, it's a lie. This is exactly how our govt was put together to work.

See, your confusion here is A) thinking defudning Obamacare gets rid of it. It doesn't. That money is already there. I suggest actually reading up on the issue, because you seem to think this will actually get rid of ObamaCare.

and B) That taking the government and economy hostage to force the will of the minority onto the nation is some how a winnable strategy.

Good Luck with that.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 4,044
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #90
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $7720
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
The House is willing to pay all PAST due amounts so long as no new spending on Obamacare occurs. There is no initiative to retroactively "unspend" what we have already spent. So, either you fail in your lack of knowledge of what is happening or you are just so blindly partisan that you are willing to convolute things to your convenience.
You continue to not understand that ObamaCare is funded no matter what happens in this fight.

Your fundamentally misunderstanding of what is going on invalidates any further views you have until you educate yourself.

Please come back when you know what is going on.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 4,044
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:54 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.