Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 01:33 PM  
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $20457
Senate kills House spending bill

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...spending-bill/
Posts: 67,952
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #106
banyon banyon is offline
Supporter
 
banyon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dodge City, Kansas
Casino cash: $10441
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Originally Posted by petegz28
It was bad for Repubs regardless. The media was going to see to that. Do you honestly think they would have remained quiet had Bush unilaterally changed laws without going through congress????
Bush issued more executive signing statements than anyone in history, iirc.

But i dont think obama did that. I think hhs, which is a cabinet agency issued regulations. But it was a mistake to grant waivers, which i have said repeatedly will hurt rural hospitals.
Uh, yeah. Pete brought it up and i responded.

Wait...Omg you brought up bush too! Quit living in the past, man!
__________________

"For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" -- Inscription, Roosevelt Arch, Northern Gate, Yellowstone, near Gardiner, MT
Posts: 33,218
banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #107
HonestChieffan HonestChieffan is online now
Country Santa Year Around
 
HonestChieffan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the Country in MO
Casino cash: $17085
Quote:
Originally Posted by banyon View Post
Uh, yeah. Pete brought it up and i responded.

Wait...Omg you brought up bush too! Quit living in the past, man!
Weak....go back to your hidey hole.
__________________
Frazod to KC Nitwit..."Hey, I saw a picture of some dumpy bitch with a horrible ****tarded giant back tattoo and couldn't help but think of you." Simple, Pure, Perfect. 7/31/2013

Dave Lane: "I have donated more money to people in my life as an atheist that most churches ever will."

Come home to Jesus Dave. Come home.
Posts: 29,954
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #108
banyon banyon is offline
Supporter
 
banyon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dodge City, Kansas
Casino cash: $10441
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Weak....go back to your hidey hole.
Dont know why you wanted to turn this against the poster instead of the issues.

lets do better than congress and just drop it.
__________________

"For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" -- Inscription, Roosevelt Arch, Northern Gate, Yellowstone, near Gardiner, MT
Posts: 33,218
banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #109
AustinChief AustinChief is online now
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by banyon View Post
I guess you can see it that way if you are persuaded by these semantic inversions of reality. But as i pointed out in another thread to taco, BOTH HOUSES HAVE ALREADY PASSED A BUDGET. None of this has been necessary for months if boehner would simply do his constitutional duty and appoint conferees to resolve the bills.

But the bottom line is very simple. Republicans are asking for favors to keep the government open and democrats arent. Its objectively clear who is asking for the benefit here.
And yet again YOU are the one twisting the logic here. It's NOT semantics, it's the very basic functionality of our system. You can hedge and dodge that fact all you want but it won't change. The House is NOT asking for a favor... it is THEIR JOB TO FUND. They have said "we will fund all but this one thing." Reid is the one demanding they change or he will cause a DEFAULT.

BASIC logic dictates that since funding ORIGINATES in the House the ones who refuse to accept their will (the will of the people) on this are the ones making demands. You and Dirk can WANT govt to work in reverse but it simply DOESN'T.

Saying OVER AND OVER AND OVER that my view is backwards doesn't do a damn thing to prove your point.

It's almost laughable how clear the logic on this is yet people like yourself (and unfortunately the media and probably most of America) can't see it. Although I'd wager you CAN see it, you're not an idiot, you just won't ADMIT it.
Posts: 15,285
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #110
AustinChief AustinChief is online now
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I think most people look at it the opposite way especially when the House voted 40+ times to defund Obamacare. So since they didn't get what they wanted they are going to shut down the government or don't extend the debt limit.
You are probably right on this. The perception has been skewed by this fact and Reid and the media telling their big lie enough times. Oh and combine that with a fundamental ignorance of the way our system of govt works and you have most of America not seeing this clearly.
Posts: 15,285
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #111
banyon banyon is offline
Supporter
 
banyon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dodge City, Kansas
Casino cash: $10441
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
And yet again YOU are the one twisting the logic here. It's NOT semantics, it's the very basic functionality of our system. You can hedge and dodge that fact all you want but it won't change. The House is NOT asking for a favor... it is THEIR JOB TO FUND. They have said "we will fund all but this one thing." Reid is the one demanding they change or he will cause a DEFAULT.

BASIC logic dictates that since funding ORIGINATES in the House the ones who refuse to accept their will (the will of the people) on this are the ones making demands. You and Dirk can WANT govt to work in reverse but it simply DOESN'T.

Saying OVER AND OVER AND OVER that my view is backwards doesn't do a damn thing to prove your point.

It's almost laughable how clear the logic on this is yet people like yourself (and unfortunately the media and probably most of America) can't see it. Although I'd wager you CAN see it, you're not an idiot, you just won't ADMIT it.
This might be reasonable since, as you have said, all funding bills originate in the house. But it isnt quite the case though, the ACA was already funded in a prior Congress. What the house republicans are asking is to go back a session and defund something that was already funded. This is why the shutdown isnt going to stop the aca from going into effect, because it was already funded.

So they are not simply refusing to fund a current item (which could have been done in conference committee too).
__________________

"For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" -- Inscription, Roosevelt Arch, Northern Gate, Yellowstone, near Gardiner, MT
Posts: 33,218
banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #112
alnorth alnorth is offline
.
 
alnorth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Iowania
Casino cash: $47373054
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
You are probably right on this. The perception has been skewed by this fact and Reid and the media telling their big lie enough times. Oh and combine that with a fundamental ignorance of the way our system of govt works and you have most of America not seeing this clearly.
Well, Obamacare was on the ballot. Yes, Obama and Romney were the names, but in the last election, the ACA was the primary issue, and the people voted for it. The Dems expanded their Senate majority, won a few more house seats, and won the popular vote in every branch and house of government.

So, if the GOP demands that Obamacare be delayed, repealed, or defunded in order to continue the operation of government, that is very hard to be seen as reasonable, since the people basically voted for the Dems when Obamacare was the main issue.

It would be like if the Dems had the house, the GOP had the white house and Senate, and the Dems threw a huge fit demanding that DOMA be immediately repealed (before the recent supreme court decision) or they'll shut the government down, even though they lost the last election.

That isn't democracy. You can't take the country hostage and demand that the agenda that was voted against be implemented or else.
__________________
<ptp> how many emo kids does it take to change a lightbulb?
<Willy> HOW MANY?!
<ptp> none they just sit in the dark and cry
Posts: 28,283
alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.alnorth has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #113
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is online now
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $22863
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
And yet again YOU are the one twisting the logic here. It's NOT semantics, it's the very basic functionality of our system. You can hedge and dodge that fact all you want but it won't change. The House is NOT asking for a favor... it is THEIR JOB TO FUND. They have said "we will fund all but this one thing." Reid is the one demanding they change or he will cause a DEFAULT.

BASIC logic dictates that since funding ORIGINATES in the House the ones who refuse to accept their will (the will of the people) on this are the ones making demands. You and Dirk can WANT govt to work in reverse but it simply DOESN'T.

Saying OVER AND OVER AND OVER that my view is backwards doesn't do a damn thing to prove your point.

It's almost laughable how clear the logic on this is yet people like yourself (and unfortunately the media and probably most of America) can't see it. Although I'd wager you CAN see it, you're not an idiot, you just won't ADMIT it.
It is their job to do the right thing. Just because they can force the govt to default doesn't mean it is their job to do so. How anyone can defend not paying bills already owed is just ****ing ridiculous. They want to dig in their heels on future spending and make an issue of Obamacare, sure, go ahead. This is about paying bills that are due and that's it. All your bullshit spin is just that, and I have a feeling you know it.
Posts: 20,585
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #114
mlyonsd mlyonsd is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Spink, SD
Casino cash: $10930
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth View Post
Well, Obamacare was on the ballot. Yes, Obama and Romney were the names, but in the last election, the ACA was the primary issue, and the people voted for it. The Dems expanded their Senate majority, won a few more house seats, and won the popular vote in every branch and house of government.

So, if the GOP demands that Obamacare be delayed, repealed, or defunded in order to continue the operation of government, that is very hard to be seen as reasonable, since the people basically voted for the Dems when Obamacare was the main issue.

It would be like if the Dems had the house, the GOP had the white house and Senate, and the Dems threw a huge fit demanding that DOMA be immediately repealed (before the recent supreme court decision) or they'll shut the government down, even though they lost the last election.

That isn't democracy. You can't take the country hostage and demand that the agenda that was voted against be implemented or else.
Utter bull ****ing bull shit. Obama has himself changed the law after that election. Good god you are a retard if you really believe what you just posted.
Posts: 25,473
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #115
LiveSteam LiveSteam is offline
All aboard the crazy train
 
LiveSteam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: homeof43conferencetitles
Casino cash: $11257
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
It is their job to do the right thing. Just because they can force the govt to default doesn't mean it is their job to do so. How anyone can defend not paying bills already owed is just ****ing ridiculous. They want to dig in their heels on future spending and make an issue of Obamacare, sure, go ahead. This is about paying bills that are due and that's it. All your bullshit spin is just that, and I have a feeling you know it.
http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2013/...iid=SF_F_River


Posts: 17,389
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #116
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $13009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
Utter bull ****ing bull shit. Obama has himself changed the law after that election. Good god you are a retard if you really believe what you just posted.
Care to explain?

Also, please explain why you oppose this bill.

Thanks.
Posts: 50,168
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #117
mlyonsd mlyonsd is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Spink, SD
Casino cash: $10930
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
It is their job to do the right thing. Just because they can force the govt to default doesn't mean it is their job to do so. How anyone can defend not paying bills already owed is just ****ing ridiculous. They want to dig in their heels on future spending and make an issue of Obamacare, sure, go ahead. This is about paying bills that are due and that's it. All your bullshit spin is just that, and I have a feeling you know it.
More bullshit.
Posts: 25,473
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #118
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $13009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
More bullshit.
Please explain
Posts: 50,168
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #119
LiveSteam LiveSteam is offline
All aboard the crazy train
 
LiveSteam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: homeof43conferencetitles
Casino cash: $11257
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Care to explain?

Also, please explain why you oppose this bill.

Thanks.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ayed-19-times/
Posts: 17,389
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #120
AustinChief AustinChief is online now
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
It is their job to do the right thing. Just because they can force the govt to default doesn't mean it is their job to do so. How anyone can defend not paying bills already owed is just ****ing ridiculous. They want to dig in their heels on future spending and make an issue of Obamacare, sure, go ahead. This is about paying bills that are due and that's it. All your bullshit spin is just that, and I have a feeling you know it.
I guess it is spin to someone who has his ****ing head on backwards at all times. I can't expect you to pull out of your partisan world and look at the logic objectively.
Posts: 15,285
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:36 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.