Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 09:52 PM  
listopencil listopencil is offline
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $7046
US Commando Raids Target Islamist Leaders In Africa

US commando raids target Islamist leaders in Africa
5 October 2013 Last updated at 22:18 ET

Anas al-Libi Al-Libi has been on the FBI's most wanted list



US special forces have carried out two separate raids in Africa targeting senior Islamist militants, American officials say.

In Libya, US commandos captured an al-Qaeda leader accused of the 1998 bombings of the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.

Anas al-Libi was reportedly seized in the capital Tripoli.

And a leader of the al-Shabab group was targeted in southern Somalia, but that raid appears to have failed.

The al-Shabab leader - who has not been identified - is suspected of involvement in last month's attack in the Westgate shopping centre in Kenya's capital Nairobi, which left at least 67 people dead.

Anas al-Libi's relatives and US officials said he had been seized in the Libyan capital early on Saturday.

He was parking outside his house when three vehicles encircled him, his car's window was smashed and his gun was seized before he was taken away, his brother Nabih was quoted as saying by AP.

He added that Libi's wife wife also saw the attack, describing the abductors as foreign-looking "commandos".

The raid was conducted with the knowledge of the Libyan government, a US official was quoted as saying by CNN.
Kenyan security guards at the scene of the bombing near the US embassy in Nairobi. Photo: August 1998 More than 220 people died in the 1998 embassy attack in Kenya and Tanzania

US officials later said that the suspect was no longer in Libya, without elaborating further.

The 49-year-old is believed to be one of the masterminds of the 1998 US embassy attacks, which killed more than 220 people in Kenya and Tanzania.

He has been indicted in New York's court in connection with the attacks.

Libi - whose real name is Nazih Abdul-Hamed al-Ruqai- has been on the FBI's most wanted list for more than a decade with a $5m (3.1m) bounty on his head.

Al-Qaeda's leadership has been consistently targeted since the killing of Osama Bin Laden by US special forces in 2011 in Pakistan.

Meanwhile, the US defence department confirmed that special forces had carried out a seaborne in the southern coastal town of Barawe.

Pentagon spokesman George Little said the forces "were involved in a counter-terrorism operation against a known al-Shabab terrorist". He declined to provide any further details.

Initial reports in the US media quoted unnamed US officials as saying that the suspect had been captured or killed by US Navy Seals in Somalia in the pre-dawn raid.

However, the officials later said that the Seals failed to find the intended target, who was not identified.

"The Barawe raid was planned a week and a half ago," a US security official told the New York Times.

"It was prompted by the Westgate attack," added the official, who was speaking on the condition of anonymity.

Al-Shabab earlier told the BBC that "white soldiers" had arrived by boat in Barawe and rebels had repulsed them, losing a fighter.

Local group commander Mohamed Abu Suleiman said the raid had failed and the group remained in control of Barawe.

Both Britain and Turkey deny al-Shabab claims that their forces were involved in the operation.

Barawe residents said say they were woken up by heavy fighting before dawn.

"Gunfire broke out for about 10-15 minutes," an eyewitness told AFP news agency.

Al-Shabab has said it carried out the attack in the Westgate shopping centre in Nairobi on 21 September.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24417099
Posts: 28,344
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
Easy 6 Easy 6 is offline
ask for it by name
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $10860
I'd give my left nut to meet and quiz a top SEAL or Delta operator.
Posts: 28,173
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is online now
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $8386
Thanks, Obama.
Posts: 18,301
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
2bikemike 2bikemike is online now
Born to Ride
 
2bikemike's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: El Cajon Calif.
Casino cash: $5953
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
I'd give my left nut to meet and quiz a top SEAL or Delta operator.
Several years ago I got to spend two evenings with a group of Seals on a training mission.

We had a small Independant power plant situated on MCRD (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) in San Diego. There is a channel that runs between what was the old NTC (Naval Training Center) and MCRD. The objective was to take over the power plant. The first night I had 4 SEALS in the plant with me and a team was supposed to swim up the channel and gather information for the incursion. The SEALS in the plant was supposed to try and spot them.

They gathered their information and went back to the Base to work up a plan to attack the next night.

The next night came and the same SEALS were in the plant with their weapons loaded with some sort of paint ball type ammo to defend the plant. The incursion team departed San Diego Bay and began swimming up the channel when some high ranking Marine decided he didn't want a bunch of Navy SEALS attacking his base so they had to call it all off. The swimmers had to be notified and brought back up.

Needless to say I was bummed that I got to miss watching all the action. But I did get to spend a lot of time over the 2 nights talking and asking questions. So that was pretty cool.
Posts: 13,682
2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #5
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
I'd give my left nut to meet and quiz a top SEAL or Delta operator.
I'm friends with two, one from high school and one from college.

Neither will talk about anything they experienced.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER View Post
Geno > Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) View Post
Dane is gonna have to leave again after we draft Geno.

He faces monstrous backlash.
Posts: 48,886
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #6
Easy 6 Easy 6 is offline
ask for it by name
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $10860
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bikemike View Post
Several years ago I got to spend two evenings with a group of Seals on a training mission.

We had a small Independant power plant situated on MCRD (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) in San Diego. There is a channel that runs between what was the old NTC (Naval Training Center) and MCRD. The objective was to take over the power plant. The first night I had 4 SEALS in the plant with me and a team was supposed to swim up the channel and gather information for the incursion. The SEALS in the plant was supposed to try and spot them.

They gathered their information and went back to the Base to work up a plan to attack the next night.

The next night came and the same SEALS were in the plant with their weapons loaded with some sort of paint ball type ammo to defend the plant. The incursion team departed San Diego Bay and began swimming up the channel when some high ranking Marine decided he didn't want a bunch of Navy SEALS attacking his base so they had to call it all off. The swimmers had to be notified and brought back up.

Needless to say I was bummed that I got to miss watching all the action. But I did get to spend a lot of time over the 2 nights talking and asking questions. So that was pretty cool.
Great story, sounds exactly like what i've read about how they train against all kinds of our sensitive sites, thats something i'm sure you'll never forget.

Strange move by the Marine bird, weird that he even knew about it, i personally hope he took big heat for not allowing a test of his facility.
Posts: 28,173
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #7
Easy 6 Easy 6 is offline
ask for it by name
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $10860
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I'm friends with two, one from high school and one from college.

Neither will talk about anything they experienced.
Right, those guys arent going to tell even a good pal who's a civilian jack.

Even a few of the local Guard guys i know wont volunteer a single story about their tours, i bet these bad jokers are even more tight lipped, a breed of their own.
Posts: 28,173
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #8
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
Right, those guys arent going to tell even a good pal who's a civilian jack.

Even a few of the local Guard guys i know wont volunteer a single story about their tours, i bet these bad jokers are even more tight lipped, a breed of their own.
One of the guys went to Annapolis directly from high school. After he was there for three years, then none of his family heard from him for 25 years. Parents, brothers and sisters, no one.

He and I reconnected recently via social media but the last thing he's going to tell me is what's he's been doing in the interim.

And bless him for it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER View Post
Geno > Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) View Post
Dane is gonna have to leave again after we draft Geno.

He faces monstrous backlash.
Posts: 48,886
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #9
Easy 6 Easy 6 is offline
ask for it by name
 
Easy 6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $10860
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
One of the guys went to Annapolis directly from high school. After he was there for three years, then none of his family heard from him for 25 years. Parents, brothers and sisters, no one.

He and I reconnected recently via social media but the last thing he's going to tell me is what's he's been doing in the interim.

And bless him for it.
Those guys are something else, modern superhumans in many ways.

I once smarted off to a Green Beret before i saw his patch and rank in the field one day, at a watering point, LOL... shoulda had my young dumbass beat down, but once he saw that i saw i what he was he just smiled and walked away.
Posts: 28,173
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #10
2bikemike 2bikemike is online now
Born to Ride
 
2bikemike's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: El Cajon Calif.
Casino cash: $5953
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
Great story, sounds exactly like what i've read about how they train against all kinds of our sensitive sites, thats something i'm sure you'll never forget.

Strange move by the Marine bird, weird that he even knew about it, i personally hope he took big heat for not allowing a test of his facility.
Actaully it was not his facilty. We were private contractors on leased land. It was something that was worked out with our Laison with the Navy and the manager of the plant.
Posts: 13,682
2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli2bikemike 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #11
listopencil listopencil is offline
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $7046
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
One of the guys went to Annapolis directly from high school. After he was there for three years, then none of his family heard from him for 25 years. Parents, brothers and sisters, no one.

He and I reconnected recently via social media but the last thing he's going to tell me is what's he's been doing in the interim.

And bless him for it.
Yeah. You don't want to know.
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 28,344
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #12
BigRedChief BigRedChief is online now
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $7315
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free View Post
I'd give my left nut to meet and quiz a top SEAL or Delta operator.
They behave and talk like they are really no different from anyone else.

I was able to earn some trust to get past that front with several of them. I consider it one of the highest compliments I have ever received. The self sacrificing moral high ground combined with being a kick ass bad mofo is a trait very few of us will ever achieve.
__________________
Attempted troll/humor while discussing potential child abuse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufkin View Post
If it's effective, who are you, me, or anybody else to call it abuse? I worked with a guy back in Moberly who would shove a finger up his son's ass each time he had anything worse than a C on his report card. If he came home with 2 D's and an F, that's 3 fingers (and this was a big dude). Does that sound hideous and disgusting? Absolutely. Did the kid ever get anything worse than a C after this rule was implemented? Not a chance.

I'm not saying it's morally right or wrong, but does it make the child because of it? Think about that for a second.
Posts: 43,122
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #13
BigRedChief BigRedChief is online now
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $7315
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I'm friends with two, one from high school and one from college.

Neither will talk about anything they experienced.
The ones who talked after Bin-Laden were the exceptions. Most will never speak of it to anyone but their fellow team members.
__________________
Attempted troll/humor while discussing potential child abuse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufkin View Post
If it's effective, who are you, me, or anybody else to call it abuse? I worked with a guy back in Moberly who would shove a finger up his son's ass each time he had anything worse than a C on his report card. If he came home with 2 D's and an F, that's 3 fingers (and this was a big dude). Does that sound hideous and disgusting? Absolutely. Did the kid ever get anything worse than a C after this rule was implemented? Not a chance.

I'm not saying it's morally right or wrong, but does it make the child because of it? Think about that for a second.
Posts: 43,122
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #14
BigRedChief BigRedChief is online now
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $7315
VARSITY
Where are the neo-cons on this story? If George W. authorized this, you would be all USA! USA!

This is old school we will hunt you down no matter how long it takes. The architect of the first Al-Quaeda action against us is on a military ship being asked questions nicely by the CIA. He's not been mirandized. They got him alive. That ain't ****ing easy.
__________________
Attempted troll/humor while discussing potential child abuse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufkin View Post
If it's effective, who are you, me, or anybody else to call it abuse? I worked with a guy back in Moberly who would shove a finger up his son's ass each time he had anything worse than a C on his report card. If he came home with 2 D's and an F, that's 3 fingers (and this was a big dude). Does that sound hideous and disgusting? Absolutely. Did the kid ever get anything worse than a C after this rule was implemented? Not a chance.

I'm not saying it's morally right or wrong, but does it make the child because of it? Think about that for a second.
Posts: 43,122
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #15
HonestChieffan HonestChieffan is offline
Country Santa Year Around
 
HonestChieffan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the Country in MO
Casino cash: $7035
MSN is reporting the raid was a failure. Obamas media outlet must be mad
__________________
Frazod to KC Nitwit..."Hey, I saw a picture of some dumpy bitch with a horrible ****tarded giant back tattoo and couldn't help but think of you." Simple, Pure, Perfect. 7/31/2013

Dave Lane: "I have donated more money to people in my life as an atheist that most churches ever will."

Come home to Jesus Dave. Come home.
Posts: 28,555
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.