Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 12:46 AM  
jaa1025 jaa1025 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Casino cash: $10192
Is the Republican Party the thing of the past? Doom and Gloom

I'll give the democrats this, they have a brilliant approach to guarantee a long career in politics. They won't be beaten again.

Keys to victory:
-Own the mainstream media. CNN, MSNBC etc
-Own the national news papers. NYT, Washington Post etc
-Own the online "news" like Yahoo News and other popular online news sites.
-Own Hollywood

This creates propaganda 24x7.

-Own the uninformed voter that cares more about voting based on race or their own personal agenda's instead of what's better for the country.

-Black vote is heavy Obama for the simple reason: he is black. They own a strong advantage in the woman's vote because of Pro Choice and they revere Hillary Clinton.

-Own the poor vote by sacrificing the upper/middle class by extreme taxes. They are much more likely to turn out because what else do they have to do other than vote. Voting can be seen as their job, because if they don't vote, their handouts can get taken away or altered. They are also moving a lot of the middle class into the poor class, thus increasing their voting pool.

-Own the Hispanic vote by opening the floodgates along the southern border no matter how damaging this is to the economy. This vote will only get larger.

-Own the younger vote by putting extreme leftist in colleges to pollute young, impressionable minds.

-Buy votes with special treatment. Obamacare is hated by the country, yet they depend on the unions so they pass exemptions for them. Oh, don't want their own party in congress to start questioning it, so they pass exemptions for them.


Their tactics are sickening, but brilliant. No way can the Republicans or any potential party compete with the propaganda machine, free handouts and illegal immigrants amnesty. I honestly can't see the Republicans ever winning another presidential election and after this latest f up, I don't see them controlling the house/senate anytime soon.

Never has a President been able to and excused for lying as much as Obama. Never have I seen a President continue to convince people that it's OK to spend up to 1/4 of your income on healthcare, where no where in the world spends more than 4% of their income on healthcare. I sat and watched a young democrat college student at a very prominent school beg to be taxed 60% of her income or more. Are you effing stupid I thought?

I think there is more likely to be a civil war, complete collapse of the US or the red states seceding before republicans control the white house again, not unless things change significantly.

As an American, I am terrified. Regardless of political affiliation, you should be to.

Last edited by jaa1025; 10-17-2013 at 01:08 AM..
Posts: 598
jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #76
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $34296
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
What does this have to do with anything? And no, I'm educated and have a great career. However, there are people on welfare that have little to no education that should be put to work.

In some countries, everyone works regardless of skill level. If you are poor and unskilled, then you can grab a broom and start sweeping streets or something. If you are disabled, then something might suit you better. Regardless, to earn your "welfare check", you should be put to work.

We already have a work requirement. Besides the Fact that a significant portion of people who received assistance are members of working households whose income is so small they quality for assistance.

__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,762
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #77
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is offline
The Bitch is back
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $83815
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
This is different that the regular up/down of the two political parties. The difference is demographics. Why the Republicans openly discuss the demographic death spiral.

Unless the Republicans stop the trend of minorities voting 70% or better they arr done as a national party. They will never win another Presidential election.

I don't think its not reversible. But, they have to stop insulting minorities and women as a basic step to get away from writing off that 70%.
Could be true, but you could say the same about the Democrats insulting white people and married folks. That's why they don't control Congress or the state legislatures/governorships.
__________________
Who wants to see Lebron in a gimp mask being a human bobblehead?
Spoiler!
Posts: 13,023
Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #78
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $128734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson View Post
The insidious Democrat tactic of advancing ideas that appeal to women, minorities, young people, and gays is crushing the Republicans.
It's not even that. The Republicans don't have to agree with these ideas. But they can disagree with those ideas without being so insulting.
Posts: 19,858
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #79
LiveSteam LiveSteam is offline
All aboard the crazy train
 
LiveSteam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: homeof43conferencetitles
Casino cash: $78683
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
It's not even that. The Republicans don't have to agree with these ideas. But they can disagree with those ideas without being so insulting.
you must be on Xanax
Posts: 16,749
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #80
jettio jettio is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $25128
The GOP's biggest problem is that Frank Luntz started up his word and phrase testing operation, and the GOP has invested in that so much that they are pre-occupied with figuring out the most perfect way of saying Bullsh*t.

Most politicians and parties get party talking points and go around repeating key phrases on the day's topics, but I honestly think the democrats try to evaluate whether what they are saying makes sense to them and if they respect the voters as comparably intelligent as them.

IMO, the GOP has become so Frank Luntz-ified that they have lost regard for trying to truthfully and fearlessly articulate what they honestly believe about current issues.

Compared to democrats, much more of what the GOP is coached to say is such Bullsh*t that it makes intelligent people cringe and demonstrates that the GOP thinks a lot of its potential voters are trickable and not so bright.

Many of the voters that could vote either democrat or GOP are very smart people that just do not care about politics that much. You can't win those voters over if you underestimate their ability to figure out the truth and detect bullsh*t.
__________________
Where Ignorance is Bliss, 'Tis Folly to be Wise.

__
Posts: 6,968
jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #81
HolyHandgernade HolyHandgernade is offline
Integralist
 
HolyHandgernade's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Murrieta, CA
Casino cash: $45677
Well since you asked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
There is so much wrong in this it's hard to address it all.
But, I'm sure it won't stop you from trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
1) first paragraph makes no sense as I can't find a point in that rambling.
Sounds like your problem, not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
2) 2nd Paragraph, why are you bringing religion into this? This is one of the most religions countries in the world with heavy religious beliefs on BOTH sides. And I'll just generalize your statement to "people that can't make ends meet that vote against their interests", because it religion has nothing to do with it. If you take your eyes off CNN and understand that the poor/middle class are getting poorer under Obama then I can't help ignorance. Republican's believe in job growth by lessening otherwise heavy tax burdens on employers. It's simple to understand and makes complete sense. Give employers an incentive to hire more full time employees instead of writing a law that punishes them for hiring someone over 30 hours.
Rich Republicans don't create jobs, demand does. That is economics 101. This trickle down shit has NEVER worked. Undermining your theory is the statistic that corporations have actually had some of their best years under Obama because they aren't hiring, or hiring overseas. The rich do not "create" jobs simply because they are doing well, they hoarde what they can get away with. You're right, that's a bad loophole being exploited by employers and needs to be addressed.

As for religion, yeah, I think it has a lot to do with it. I think evangelical Christians are convinced they are living in the End Times and Obama is their Great Satan. I know, they'll never admit this publicly, but you can tell. I know lots of them, and its not actually that uncommon of a theory among them. If you believe you are living in the End Times it reduces your incentive to see things in "this realm" get better, especially if you appear to be "aiding the Great Satan". I'm sure signing up for Obamacare probably marks you with the sign of the Beast in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
3) 3rd Paragraph: The republican party is definitely not "anti-Black man". Blacks that are in the republican party have thrived, yet only to be called a racist term by democrats: Uncle Tom. Go read up on your history. African Americans have been voting for along the democratic line en masse for how long now? Where has that got them. They are poorer now. They lost their family values (70+% fatherless household). Look at every city where a democrat is in charge...how's that city/state doing? How are the black folks in that city/state doing? The ironic thing is that the black community shares more beliefs with the Republican party than they do the Democratic party: Christianity, Immigration, Gay Marriage, School Choice, tough on Crime, supporting entrepreneurs, corporal punishment, small businesses etc. Yet they still vote democrat. Sad.
Under Republican Administrations, the Black population has always done worse, and they have fared better under the Democratic leaderships. When Rebs continually label them as "welfare queens" and "takers". You can deny it all you want, but it doesn't change the reality that is all too easy for people to see. The Reb party offers NO platform to help disadvantaged minorities to better themselves. They don't want to provide any basic living assistance when needed, they don't support inner city opportunities, they don't promote higher education opportunities. These are all "entitlements" your party continually seeks to destroy in favor of "self-reliance". What, that didn't work out for you? OK, try our three strikes program and prison building enterprise, then. The sad thing is YOU can't see that. You just repeat party line bullshit everyone knows has no substance to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
4) 4th Paragraph: Unions are a huge problem for cities. Look at Detroit. Look at California. There was a huge need for them at one time, but they are for the most part, highly toxic now. I see union workers that are fat, lazy and un-firable. Pretty sad.
Well, I live in California, and when we elected a Dem super-majority this last cycle we turned the deficit into a surplus. Unions are the Reb Party bogeyman. This faceless "thug entity" that needs to be squashed so they can make Americans closer to the third world employees in terms of pay and working conditions. The reason you see them that way is because you don't interact with them. Our union actually works with management comprising teams tasked with various projects with a counterpart from each that has increased efficiency and decreased costs. Who would have thunk it? Certainly not a "top down" thinking Reb, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
5) Yes, the democrats will buy more votes by allowing everyone in, no matter the cost. Republicans see how bad this is for the economy and the future of the country and it will cost them in elections. Democrats don't care what they do to the future as they only care about themselves. Please tell me what letting 33 mil lowskilled workers into your country does that is positive for this country when most of them will be on welfare, food stamps, medicaid from the day they arrive? The hospitals can't keep up now. The states can't keep up now. The country cannot afford it now as we are nearly 18 trillion in debt.
Once again, you let stereotypes dictate your argument. Many immigrants actually do very good work here in California, don't participate in illegal activities and are very pleasant. How many have you ever interacted with? No, I know the Reb strategy, gerrymander yourself into secured House districts that you don't have to appeal to a wider variety of voters. How do you ever expect to lead a country that is this diverse if you keep effectively gating off your own communities. It becomes an echo chamber that inhibits you for seeing the world as it really is and makes you sound paranoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
6) Colleges designed to make you think. I agree but they aren't generally, at least politically. There have been so many examples of left wing nuts spreading propaganda by cursing republicans/christians/white people or anyone that doesn't support the far left. There was a KU professor wishing death upon NRA children recently that was suspended. You would never see that from a conservative professor because we have tact. Multiple professors have been in the news for this type of stuff.
Yes, and because you read one story, that's what all higher education is. Again, back to the paranoia. Colleges have always pushed the status quo, just because you think your status quo is the right one doesn't make it so. If one can't dare to test outrageous theories and push against the establishment, where does the progress come from? Oh yeah, I forget, corporations telling and selling us what is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
7) Yes, the majority of the country does hate obama care. And please let me know how the scare tactics from Fox News/Rush Limbaugh or any other right wing news source get to the democrats that hate it? So your saying that those very few outlets convince your voters in something over the mainstream media (CNN/MSNBC/CBS/NBC), News papers, Oprah, Hollywood etc? That would be a first. How about, people realize that they have to pay a helluva lot more for something now? How about that it's killing full time job creation? How about it is ineffective for covering the poor? (since the provision that required states to offer medicaid to them was deemed unconstitutional). How about that they can't get on the stupid website because of this "glitch" is preventing it and it might take months to fix...oh while they get stuck with a penalty for not. How about people are realizing that Obama said it would cost less than what we pay now, but in fact it's significantly more. How about Obama said we can keep our same doctor, but in a lot of cases, this isn't true. Yes please, tell me more.
http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/insi..._on_obamacare/

If it only weren't so easy.

Yes, both parties make claims, some are overstated. But, if you look at the latest fact check, Obama usually falls into the "misleading" category, where as the right is usually "false" or "wrong". This goes along the lines of proportionality. Because they both engage in it, they are equally as bad. Its bad logic, and you shouldn't let yourself fall prey to it.

http://www.factcheck.org/2013/09/obamacare-myths/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
8) I never said there would be a civil war. I said, that we were more likely to see one than we would another republican president. And if the red states seceded, then the blue states would crumble. The red states own the agriculture and the oil. They would have better taxes and regulations for businesses so they would move to the red states. The blue states would have better welfare programs so the poor would move to the blue states. The military leans right, but there would likely be a shared military to protect our borders. If there was a massive secession, which there won't be, then the last thing I'd want to do is live in a blue state.

But yes, please tell me more.
My God, you sound no different than a pre-Civil War Southerner. "Why I say, any one of our Southern boys could whip five of their Yankees!"

Its the same story, and the part you forget is that if said push can to said shove, you would be hard pressed to get any red state outside of the Old South to join. What would the South have to do? They would have to immediately raise revenues to support their new country. That should go over well. And what Country will that be? A new Confederacy or the independent state of Texas or Mississippi? That's why the line of thinking always fails. The side that supports strong central government will always prevail over a group of like minded yet independent entities, who, once things go bad, will revert to protecting their own interests.

Doomed to repeat it.
__________________
You'll see it's all a show, keep 'em laughing as you go, just remember, the last laugh is on you, and always look on the bright side of life!
Posts: 3,387
HolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #82
HonestChieffan HonestChieffan is offline
Country Santa Year Around
 
HonestChieffan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the Country in MO
Casino cash: $1266869
Repubs are dead? If so then the dems will divide into conservative dems and liberal dems... Cool Forward..
__________________
Frazod to KC Nitwit..."Hey, I saw a picture of some dumpy bitch with a horrible ****tarded giant back tattoo and couldn't help but think of you." Simple, Pure, Perfect. 7/31/2013

Dave Lane: "I have donated more money to people in my life as an atheist that most churches ever will."

Come home to Jesus Dave. Come home.
Posts: 28,298
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #83
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $124312
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
It's not even that. The Republicans don't have to agree with these ideas. But they can disagree with those ideas without being so insulting.
Idea for the Rs: Stop talking about rape. Especially the men.
Just a thought.
Posts: 17,733
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #84
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is offline
The Bitch is back
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $83815
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Repubs are dead? If so then the dems will divide into conservative dems and liberal dems... Cool Forward..
Conservative Dems are dying, Gallup notes that in the past 10 years alone te percentage of Dems calling themselves liberal idiots jumped from 30 to 39% of their base. The DLC that produced guys like Clinton has also been disbanded.


If anything they're becoming independents, nonvoters, or in rural areas Republican leans.
__________________
Who wants to see Lebron in a gimp mask being a human bobblehead?
Spoiler!
Posts: 13,023
Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #85
jaa1025 jaa1025 is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Casino cash: $10192
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade View Post
Well since you asked...



But, I'm sure it won't stop you from trying.



Sounds like your problem, not mine.



Rich Republicans don't create jobs, demand does. That is economics 101. This trickle down shit has NEVER worked. Undermining your theory is the statistic that corporations have actually had some of their best years under Obama because they aren't hiring, or hiring overseas. The rich do not "create" jobs simply because they are doing well, they hoarde what they can get away with. You're right, that's a bad loophole being exploited by employers and needs to be addressed.

As for religion, yeah, I think it has a lot to do with it. I think evangelical Christians are convinced they are living in the End Times and Obama is their Great Satan. I know, they'll never admit this publicly, but you can tell. I know lots of them, and its not actually that uncommon of a theory among them. If you believe you are living in the End Times it reduces your incentive to see things in "this realm" get better, especially if you appear to be "aiding the Great Satan". I'm sure signing up for Obamacare probably marks you with the sign of the Beast in some way.



Under Republican Administrations, the Black population has always done worse, and they have fared better under the Democratic leaderships. When Rebs continually label them as "welfare queens" and "takers". You can deny it all you want, but it doesn't change the reality that is all too easy for people to see. The Reb party offers NO platform to help disadvantaged minorities to better themselves. They don't want to provide any basic living assistance when needed, they don't support inner city opportunities, they don't promote higher education opportunities. These are all "entitlements" your party continually seeks to destroy in favor of "self-reliance". What, that didn't work out for you? OK, try our three strikes program and prison building enterprise, then. The sad thing is YOU can't see that. You just repeat party line bullshit everyone knows has no substance to it.



Well, I live in California, and when we elected a Dem super-majority this last cycle we turned the deficit into a surplus. Unions are the Reb Party bogeyman. This faceless "thug entity" that needs to be squashed so they can make Americans closer to the third world employees in terms of pay and working conditions. The reason you see them that way is because you don't interact with them. Our union actually works with management comprising teams tasked with various projects with a counterpart from each that has increased efficiency and decreased costs. Who would have thunk it? Certainly not a "top down" thinking Reb, that's for sure.



Once again, you let stereotypes dictate your argument. Many immigrants actually do very good work here in California, don't participate in illegal activities and are very pleasant. How many have you ever interacted with? No, I know the Reb strategy, gerrymander yourself into secured House districts that you don't have to appeal to a wider variety of voters. How do you ever expect to lead a country that is this diverse if you keep effectively gating off your own communities. It becomes an echo chamber that inhibits you for seeing the world as it really is and makes you sound paranoid.



Yes, and because you read one story, that's what all higher education is. Again, back to the paranoia. Colleges have always pushed the status quo, just because you think your status quo is the right one doesn't make it so. If one can't dare to test outrageous theories and push against the establishment, where does the progress come from? Oh yeah, I forget, corporations telling and selling us what is.



http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/insi..._on_obamacare/

If it only weren't so easy.

Yes, both parties make claims, some are overstated. But, if you look at the latest fact check, Obama usually falls into the "misleading" category, where as the right is usually "false" or "wrong". This goes along the lines of proportionality. Because they both engage in it, they are equally as bad. Its bad logic, and you shouldn't let yourself fall prey to it.

http://www.factcheck.org/2013/09/obamacare-myths/



My God, you sound no different than a pre-Civil War Southerner. "Why I say, any one of our Southern boys could whip five of their Yankees!"

Its the same story, and the part you forget is that if said push can to said shove, you would be hard pressed to get any red state outside of the Old South to join. What would the South have to do? They would have to immediately raise revenues to support their new country. That should go over well. And what Country will that be? A new Confederacy or the independent state of Texas or Mississippi? That's why the line of thinking always fails. The side that supports strong central government will always prevail over a group of like minded yet independent entities, who, once things go bad, will revert to protecting their own interests.

Doomed to repeat it.
This is all I needed to know: "Well, I live in California".
Posts: 598
jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jaa1025 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #86
HolyHandgernade HolyHandgernade is offline
Integralist
 
HolyHandgernade's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Murrieta, CA
Casino cash: $45677
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
This is all I needed to know: "Well, I live in California".
I know, its great, too. But, incase you want to know. I grew up in the midwest, from Iowa to Oklahoma and parts in between. Was a Young Republican, associated with that party through most of my adulthood, and always voted that way until Bush the Second was the nominee. Then I started getting called a "RINO", Romney declared war on us "tyrannous-appetite public sector union employees" and became less about free-enterprise and independent businessman and more about giant corporations and right wing religious social issues. Hardly the "Goldwater" standard I came into it as. So, you keep stereotyping, its what you are good at and you can keep self-deluding yourself as to what the actual problems of your party are. Keep blaming it on "dirty politics" of us socialists and you'll never see that your party stands for nothing for the common man except to extoll him to the myth of "your own bootstraps". Maybe one day you'll take off the ideological blinders yourself and transform the party from within. Me, I just couldn't stand them any longer.
__________________
You'll see it's all a show, keep 'em laughing as you go, just remember, the last laugh is on you, and always look on the bright side of life!
Posts: 3,387
HolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHolyHandgernade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #87
Mr. Kotter Mr. Kotter is offline
Lookin' for the answers...
 
Mr. Kotter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Somewhere else
Casino cash: $10932525
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade View Post
I know, its great, too. But, incase you want to know. I grew up in the midwest, from Iowa to Oklahoma and parts in between. Was a Young Republican, associated with that party through most of my adulthood, and always voted that way until Bush the Second was the nominee. Then I started getting called a "RINO", Romney declared war on us "tyrannous-appetite public sector union employees" and became less about free-enterprise and independent businessman and more about giant corporations and right wing religious social issues. Hardly the "Goldwater" standard I came into it as. So, you keep stereotyping, its what you are good at and you can keep self-deluding yourself as to what the actual problems of your party are. Keep blaming it on "dirty politics" of us socialists and you'll never see that your party stands for nothing for the common man except to extoll him to the myth of "your own bootstraps". Maybe one day you'll take off the ideological blinders yourself and transform the party from within. Me, I just couldn't stand them any longer.
X 2 ... THIS x a Bazillion ...

Pretty much my story too.
__________________
Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel...
Posts: 39,996
Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #88
rabblerouser rabblerouser is offline
Veteran
 
rabblerouser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Casino cash: $18500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
As an American, I'm glad your bigoted ilk are closer to the sweet release of death. You might not like heaven, though, as it likely contains poors, blacks, the educated, and Mexicans.

Or maybe the guy at your megachurch is selling some country club version of heaven that's attainable only through sufficient tithing.
'I will challenge your stereotypes with stereotypes of my own, arg arg...'

typical liberal response is typical.
__________________
“There ain't no revolution, only evolution...but every time I'm in Georgia, I eat a peach for peace.” - Skydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
It was mind boggling watching those guys run out of bounds again and again and again. I still can't believe it.
www.drivingwheelmusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/drivingwheel
www.facebook.com/drivingwheel
Posts: 2,568
rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #89
rabblerouser rabblerouser is offline
Veteran
 
rabblerouser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Casino cash: $18500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
Conservative Dems are dying, Gallup notes that in the past 10 years alone te percentage of Dems calling themselves liberal idiots jumped from 30 to 39% of their base. The DLC that produced guys like Clinton has also been disbanded.


If anything they're becoming independents, nonvoters, or in rural areas Republican leans.
this is me : a recovering liberal who is now an independent, leaning towards nonvoter status...
__________________
“There ain't no revolution, only evolution...but every time I'm in Georgia, I eat a peach for peace.” - Skydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
It was mind boggling watching those guys run out of bounds again and again and again. I still can't believe it.
www.drivingwheelmusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/drivingwheel
www.facebook.com/drivingwheel
Posts: 2,568
rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.rabblerouser would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #90
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is offline
The Bitch is back
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $83815
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
this is me : a recovering liberal who is now an independent, leaning towards nonvoter status...
The Democratic Party has no use for you, they're not even bothering to pretend to want your vote any longer. And for good reason: lots of lock-step minorities voting in hive formation for them, now joined by the Milennials.
__________________
Who wants to see Lebron in a gimp mask being a human bobblehead?
Spoiler!
Posts: 13,023
Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.