Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Royal Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 09:07 AM  
WhawhaWhat WhawhaWhat is online now
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Casino cash: $8513
McDonald's helps workers get food stamps.

McDonald's helps workers get food stamps

Quote:
Nancy Salgado, who has worked at a Chicago McDonald's for 10 years and makes $8.25 an hour, asked the McResource representative a number of questions related to getting assistance to pay for her heating bill, her groceries and her sister's medical expenses. Salgado told the representative that she was recording the call for her sister.

The helpline operator never asked Salgado how much she made per hour, and how many hours per week she worked beyond the fact that she was a full-time employee. But she said that Salgado "definitely should be able to qualify for both food stamps and heating assistance."

The representative then pointed her toward a number of resources in Chicago, such as food pantries and a program that would help cover some of her heating bill. She said she would email her specific phone numbers and programs.

The operator also explained that the McResource line is available to help McDonald's workers who need help navigating the process of getting public assistance. The helpline's phone number is posted in fliers at many McDonald's locations.
Nice of McDonalds to help get its employees on the gov't teet.

Last edited by WhawhaWhat; 10-24-2013 at 11:48 AM..
Posts: 4,486
WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.WhawhaWhat Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:23 AM   #376
Mod98Ban Mod98Ban is offline
Starter
 
Mod98Ban's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
It is the job costing tax payer money. Not the employee.

Those employees may get skills and go on to a better job.

Guess what stupid, those jobs still exist, costing tax payer money.

Oh, and we, as an American Society, decided over 70 years ago that the minimum wage should allow you to survive in society.

In 1968 Minimum wage employers paid 10.68 an hour adjusted for inflation.

So, here in America, We said no matter what the job or the skill level, if you are willing to work full time you deserve to be able to eat and have shelter.

Why do you want to piss on American labor tradition?

Why shouldn't the minimum wage increase with inflation?
You are a complete ****tard communist. If it weren't for the liberal government policies of the last 60 years, the current minimum wage would provide just fine, but you seem to not want to look at that fact. Liberal government has taxed us, and spent more than they have, not to mention the fact that the US dollar is practically worthless, because of the printing presses running 24/7/365. How about this retarded government allowing countless millions of illegals to come here to live, and get anything they want from the government? That's also costing us tons of money, adding more people to the government tit, and on, and on. Do you think these illegals should also be paid $15 per hour, to flip burgers at McDonald's? Hell my 12 year old daughter can cook better than that. You don't seem to realize the affects of what you are promoting. If you double minimum wage, then what are you going to do with the wages of the people higher on the ladder? You didn't think about that, did you dumbass? Most of the management people at McDonald's do not make $15 per hour, so if you double minimum wage, you'll damned sure have to raise the wages of everyone above them the same amount, or you'll have a riot on your hands. If you think you can do all of this, and not raise prices dramatically, I suggest you go buy a McDonald's franchise, and put your stupid ideas to work. You'll be dog dick broke within 3 months. If brains were gunpowder, you couldn't blow your friggin' nose. Yeah, I'm talking to you LoneSickle&Hammer

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...terrible-idea/

Last edited by Mod98Ban; 11-01-2013 at 06:31 AM..
Posts: 258
Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #377
blaise blaise is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
Explain why the minimum wage shouldn't increase with inflation.

Or continue to F this chicken you have created where an example of successful business is somehow a direct comparison.
It's your example. You use Costco's wages to show that McDonalds would profit from doing the same. I didn't create the comparison. You did.

Again, several opportunities to say how Costco's model applies to McDonalds and you can't answer.

Maybe you should stop using the comparison.
Posts: 20,635
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:31 AM   #378
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $6800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod98Ban View Post
You are a complete ****tard communist. If it weren't for the liberal government policies of the last 60 years, the current minimum wage would provide just fine, but you seem to not want to look at that fact. Liberal government has taxed us, and spent more than they have, not to mention the fact that the US dollar is practically worthless, because of the printing presses running 24/7/365. How about this retarded government allowing countless millions of illegals to come here to live, and get anything they want from the government? That's also costing us tons of money, adding more people to the government tit, and on, and on. Do you think these illegals should also be paid $15 per hour, to flip burgers at McDonald's? Hell my 12 year old daughter can cook better than that. You don't seem to realize the affects of what you are promoting. If you double minimum wage, then what are you going to do with the wages of the people higher on the ladder? You didn't think about that, did you dumbass? Most of the management people at McDonald's do not make $15 per hour, so if you double minimum wage, you'll damned sure have to raise the wages of everyone above them the same amount, or you'll have a riot on your hands. If you think you can do all of this, and not raise prices dramatically, I suggest you go buy a McDonald's franchise, and put your stupid ideas to work. You'll be dog dick broke within 3 months. If brains were gunpowder, you couldn't blow your friggin' nose. Yeah, I'm talking to you LoneSickle&Hammer.

Just going to ignore that the minimum wage was way higher in the past? Ignore America Labor tradition. Ignore everything that was said.

For a rant about nothing.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,960
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #379
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $6800
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaise View Post
It's your example. You use Costco's wages to show that McDonalds would profit from doing the same. I didn't create the comparison. You did.

Again, several opportunities to say how Costco's model applies to McDonalds and you can't answer.

Maybe you should stop using the comparison.
I don't know why you think its a comparison.

Wait, yea I do. It is because you have nothing else and what to keep trying distractions.

You going to ever answer this question: Why shouldn't the minimum wage increase with inflation?

Also, show me where I said it was a comparison, not an example.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,960
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #380
Mod98Ban Mod98Ban is offline
Starter
 
Mod98Ban's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
Just going to ignore that the minimum wage was way higher in the past? Ignore America Labor tradition. Ignore everything that was said.

For a rant about nothing.
Minimum wage was higher, and prices on goods, and services was also much lower. Your liberal government policies have put inflation on steroids, so nothing can keep up, without having very adverse affects on a bunch of other things. You might want to go read that article at the link I provided, so you can see where you idea is total BS.
Posts: 258
Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #381
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $6800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod98Ban View Post
Minimum wage was higher, and prices on goods, and services was also much lower. Your liberal government policies have put inflation on steroids, so nothing can keep up, without having very adverse affects on a bunch of other things. You might want to go read that article at the link I provided, so you can see where you idea is total BS.
Wait, did you just say we had a higher minimum wage with a lower cost of goods?

Quote:
Minimum wage was higher, and prices on goods, and services was also much lower
Yup, you did.

Cool, so we are past that minimum wage leads to higher prices.

And inflation has remained at a steady, constant, low percent. Of course, you won't cite that.

Oh, and your article doesn't say what you think it says.

I doubt you even read it.

But, you know... Its a blog. First of all. You dismiss actual scholarly articles and then provide a blog?

Second, try not to find blogs, lol, who go " I believe" " I think" in a blog. That isn't data.

Third, like all articles like this, they have to depend upon countries other than America to try to make their point. How similar are Turkey and America?

Quote:
Today, the most rigorous research snows little evidence of job reductions from a higher minimum wage. Indicative is a 2013 survey by the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business in which leading economists agreed by a nearly 4 to 1 margin that the benefits of raising and indexing the minimum wage outweigh the costs.
http://www.igmchicago.org/igm-econom...r0IEq5a9E77NMV




See that "Studies that show job loss resulting from minimum wage increases rely on faulty and imprecise methodologies". That is what you provided me.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,960
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:57 AM   #382
gochiefs_va gochiefs_va is offline
Starter
 
gochiefs_va's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Casino cash: $5650
So let's just raise the minimum wage ti 100.00 an h our then why not. If 15.00 is good, then 100 would be glorious.
Posts: 558
gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #383
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $6800
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochiefs_va View Post
So let's just raise the minimum wage ti 100.00 an h our then why not. If 15.00 is good, then 100 would be glorious.
Cool, more straw men arguments that ignore the minimum wage was implemented to allow working Americans to live outside the poverty line, this was done historically; and will ignore that now, working Americans are earning below poverty wages, requiring tax dollars to make up the rest.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,960
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #384
gochiefs_va gochiefs_va is offline
Starter
 
gochiefs_va's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Casino cash: $5650
I'm all for that. But why do it small. Let's go big. 190.00 an hour. Will that make you happy?
Posts: 558
gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #385
gochiefs_va gochiefs_va is offline
Starter
 
gochiefs_va's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Casino cash: $5650
What you don't realize is you can make it whatever figure you eant. The corporations hiring them are not going to just eat less profits. Sounds nice and all to just 'let them eat cake' but that doesn't solve that they'd just raise the cost of everything
Posts: 558
gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gochiefs_va has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #386
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is offline
The Bitch is back
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $11284
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochiefs_va View Post
What you don't realize is you can make it whatever figure you eant. The corporations hiring them are not going to just eat less profits. Sounds nice and all to just 'let them eat cake' but that doesn't solve that they'd just raise the cost of everything
You're missing his point. He wants companies (and business owners) to eat the higher cost of labor. That's why he and his ilk favor things like "windfall taxes" and "obscene profit laws". They want to redistribute, so firms can't just raise prices when hit with higher costs. They must eat it.



From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
__________________
Who wants to see Lebron in a gimp mask being a human bobblehead?
Spoiler!
Posts: 14,084
Prison Bitch threw an interception on a screen pass.Prison Bitch threw an interception on a screen pass.Prison Bitch threw an interception on a screen pass.Prison Bitch threw an interception on a screen pass.Prison Bitch threw an interception on a screen pass.Prison Bitch threw an interception on a screen pass.Prison Bitch threw an interception on a screen pass.Prison Bitch threw an interception on a screen pass.Prison Bitch threw an interception on a screen pass.Prison Bitch threw an interception on a screen pass.Prison Bitch threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #387
listopencil listopencil is offline
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $8308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
First, society does not owe nor guarantee you a profit. If you want to go try and sell that, go for it.

Second, the minimum only applies to workers, not business owners. That is why your entire concept is stupid. Stupid.
No, in my biscuit analogy I'm the one getting paid for my work. You support overpaying workers but you don't want to foot the bill. You just want to force companies to foot the bill because, like most communists, you see pockets of wealth as targets to be looted.

Quote:
The minimum wage says that if you are going to hire American Labor, you have to pay them a wage that allows them afford the very basics.
And this is where your argument falls apart. The fact is that workers can afford the very basics on minimum wage. The fact is that a full time minimum wage earner doesn't qualify for food stamps according to the chart I posted earlier in this very thread. (That data is for California so start posting up links to tables from other states that contradict it. Take a look at the thread title. Food stamps.) The fact is that your histrionics are meaningless. Your hyperbole is meaningless. Society doesn't owe or guarantee you a profit...awesome. You are finally taking baby steps. You can at least admit that there is something that society doesn't owe you. Guess what Sparky? The people with a financial stake in those companies are part of society too. They don't owe you a high standard of living.


Quote:
Why shouldn't a full time job earn you a wage that allows you to buy food and shelter?

It does, you incredible moron, it does.
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 28,506
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #388
listopencil listopencil is offline
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $8308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
You're missing his point. He wants companies (and business owners) to eat the higher cost of labor. That's why he and his ilk favor things like "windfall taxes" and "obscene profit laws". They want to redistribute, so firms can't just raise prices when hit with higher costs. They must eat it.



From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
Exactly, Comrade.
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 28,506
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #389
blaise blaise is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
I don't know why you think its a comparison.

Wait, yea I do. It is because you have nothing else and what to keep trying distractions.

You going to ever answer this question: Why shouldn't the minimum wage increase with inflation?

Also, show me where I said it was a comparison, not an example.
Why is it an example for McDonalds? Apply how the Costco's business practices would set an example for McDonalds to follow.
Posts: 20,635
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #390
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $6800
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
No, in my biscuit analogy I'm the one getting paid for my work. You support overpaying workers but you don't want to foot the bill. You just want to force companies to foot the bill because, like most communists, you see pockets of wealth as targets to be looted.

Wow are you stupid. Do you try to be this stupid, or does it come natural?

You truly don't understand that the minimum wage only applies to workers, eh? That if you are going to make a profit off you labor, you pay them a wage that allows them to survive.

That if you alone are selling a biscuit, the minimum wage doesn't apply because you didn't hire yourself. You are in a self business.

I shouldn't even continue to respond, since you are too stupid to even grasp the difference between workers and owners or self businesses.


Quote:
You just want to force companies to foot the bill because
they are working for the company. Are you saying companies shouldn't pay for labor they are using to make a profit?

Are you saying that working full time shouldn't allow you to live in America simple because the companies who can't make a profit off that labor would have increased costs?

Oh, I see, still beating that dead horse of overpay. Because over pay in being able to afford food and shelter, right? Overpay is the poverty line, right?
Overpaid, even though the government has to step in a provided a 50 percent boast to what they earn. Overpay is poverty level pay for multibillion dollars companies?

No, not overpaid, underpaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
And this is where your argument falls apart. The fact is that workers can afford the very basics on minimum wage. The fact is that a full time minimum wage earner doesn't qualify for food stamps according to the chart I posted earlier in this very thread. (That data is for California so start posting up links to tables from other states that contradict it. Take a look at the thread title. Food stamps.) The fact is that your histrionics are meaningless. Your hyperbole is meaningless. Society doesn't owe or guarantee you a profit...awesome. You are finally taking baby steps. You can at least admit that there is something that society doesn't owe you. Guess what Sparky? The people with a financial stake in those companies are part of society too. They don't owe you a high standard of living.

No, you didn't prove anything. I told you this already, when you ignored all the other evidence for a single chart that only showed a single person may live without food stamps.

It completely ignored families. It completely ignored all other aspects of help received from the government.

And then you ignore the government data showing that 9 billion dollars are spend on full time workers.... Yea that really shows people can survive on the minimum wage.

Historic data is meaningless. . Willfully ignorance is the worst kind of ignorance. But, I'll play along with your stupid. Why is it meaningless?

You see,while you like to ignore the data because it doesn't fit you view, our society already decided, in the 1930s that a full time job earned you a place outside of poverty.

Society decided that working full time was enough of investment to live outside poverty. Can you tell me a full time job shouldn't lift you out of poverty?
Why should we change 80 years of American Labor tradition? You like pissing on American Tradition, eh?

Why isn't a full time job enough of investment for life in America?

Why do you want full time working Americans living in poverty? Does that help the country, your community, your tax dollars?

Why should the minimum wage allow a worker to support two kids in the past, but not now. WHY? Why is that meaningless. If inflation outpaces wages, then those companies are making more money off of labor while paying less. Is that fair to the worker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
It does, you incredible moron, it does.
No, it doesn't, but it is apparently you want to continue to ignore everything that has been posted and explained for your corporate fascist view.

Congratulations, you are supporting a economic view cheaper than slavery. In slavery, at least the owners had to feed and shelter and clothe the slaves. In a capitalistic economy, workers earn all the through their labor. But you, you support the crony capitalistic view companies don't even have to provide the wage for clothes and shelter.

Privatize the profits, socialize the losses, right?
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,960
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:10 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.