Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 09:07 AM  
WhawhaWhat WhawhaWhat is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Casino cash: $32419
McDonald's helps workers get food stamps.

McDonald's helps workers get food stamps

Quote:
Nancy Salgado, who has worked at a Chicago McDonald's for 10 years and makes $8.25 an hour, asked the McResource representative a number of questions related to getting assistance to pay for her heating bill, her groceries and her sister's medical expenses. Salgado told the representative that she was recording the call for her sister.

The helpline operator never asked Salgado how much she made per hour, and how many hours per week she worked beyond the fact that she was a full-time employee. But she said that Salgado "definitely should be able to qualify for both food stamps and heating assistance."

The representative then pointed her toward a number of resources in Chicago, such as food pantries and a program that would help cover some of her heating bill. She said she would email her specific phone numbers and programs.

The operator also explained that the McResource line is available to help McDonald's workers who need help navigating the process of getting public assistance. The helpline's phone number is posted in fliers at many McDonald's locations.
Nice of McDonalds to help get its employees on the gov't teet.

Last edited by WhawhaWhat; 10-24-2013 at 11:48 AM..
Posts: 3,676
WhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #421
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is offline
The Bitch is back
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $80753
I've noticed every lib bellyaching about minimum wage laws are the first to champion immigration. Which nearly everyone agrees provides wage competition (and of course wage depression) for lower-run workers.
__________________
Who wants to see Lebron in a gimp mask being a human bobblehead?
Spoiler!
Posts: 12,537
Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #422
listopencil listopencil is offline
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $1129770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
Again, you are the only one supporting welfare state instead of Companies paying their own employees.
So your assertion here is that people don't actually collect paychecks. Wow, you're a moron, and that's an incredibly mindless "argument." It's pathetic. Try again Sport.

Quote:
You are the one pissing on 100 years of labor tradition that says full time workers have earn above poverty.
Keep moving those goal posts. Are you trying to avoid admitting that the thread was about food stamps again?

Quote:
Yes, spending other peoples money... Like the taxpayers to full time working Americans, because I know you are not talking about Companies paying for labor the NEED and use.
Once again, your argument here is that people don't actually collect paychecks. Are you really this stupid? And are you arguing against government sponsored social programs? I'm a bit on the conservative side when it comes to economics but I've never tried to argue against the school lunch program, or WIC or any of the other programs that help desperate people. Nice try but bad mouthing successful programs isn't going to wash that stench of communism on you.


Quote:
That fact that you continue to ignore my questions, ignore data, and harp on this, jobs aren't suppose to provide for you just shows my you have nothing but the same stupid nonsensical analogy.

Just ignore everything and continue to live in willful ignorance.
I've answered your actual questions. I tend to ignore your hysterical ramblings, your indulgences in hyperbole and your irrational bullshit.
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 27,890
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #423
blaise blaise is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $9708798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
Wow, I wonder why I would believe that...

Oh, I know, because that is American Labor tradition proved by 7 decades worth of Data. A single mother of two use to be able to work full time and afford things.

Again, why shouldn't a job provide for you?

Tell me, what happens to a community when full time workers cannot earn enough to survive?

What is the point of a job if it doesn't even pay enough to place you outside of poverty?
Why would it be McDonalds responsibility to take care of her children any more than yours?
Posts: 20,099
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #424
blaise blaise is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $9708798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
Lol, you think a blog is an article.

Keep trusting blogs that go "I think". Especially since you didn't even read your own blog.
This from a guy that regularly posts stuff from Think Progress.
Posts: 20,099
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #425
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33166
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaise View Post
Why would it be McDonalds responsibility to take care of her children any more than yours?
Because she is working full time there?

Because American society decided that working full time is enough of an investment to live in America.

Because that is why people go to jobs, that is whole point of work.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,626
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #426
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33166
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
So your assertion here is that people don't actually collect paychecks. Wow, you're a moron, and that's an incredibly mindless "argument." It's pathetic. Try again Sport.

You guys are the ones who keep asking why the employer, who is making a profit off of full time employees, should actually pay them a wage that allows them to buy food a shelter, like you don't understand the fundamental fact of capitalism, of America, is you go to full time jobs for that very reason.

Another question I asked you ignore... What would happen if government assistance wasn't there? Would people still go to these jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Keep moving those goal posts. Are you trying to avoid admitting that the thread was about food stamps again?
Oh, so now you are going to play this card.

You truly are pathetic. Waaaa! this thread isn't about this... Waaa!.

Well the thread is about this because 100 years of labor tradition have said that full time work should give you a wage where you shouldn't have food stamps.

So yes, a thread about full time workers receiving food stamps is pissing on American Labor tradition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Once again, your argument here is that people don't actually collect paychecks. Are you really this stupid? And are you arguing against government sponsored social programs? I'm a bit on the conservative side when it comes to economics but I've never tried to argue against the school lunch program, or WIC or any of the other programs that help desperate people. Nice try but bad mouthing successful programs isn't going to wash that stench of communism on you.
I should have figured you are so stupid that point would go over your head.

The point is that America companies have completely abused the social saftey net by forcing their full time employees onto it instead of raising wages along side inflation.

Saying if government assistance wasn't there, these jobs would either not exist or pay more is pointing out that instead of giving raises, these companies offload those losses onto the federal government.

True or false, if we didn't have a social safety net, these companies couldn't get away with paying a wage people couldn't survive on?

That isn't bad mouthing the social saftey net. That is pointing out how it is being abused.

Try not being stupid and maybe you can follow along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
I've answered your actual questions. I tend to ignore your hysterical ramblings, your indulgences in hyperbole and your irrational bullshit.

You have never answered the simple question. Why shouldn't the minimum wage increase alongside inflation?

That isn't hyperbole or irrational b.s. Continue you show your willful ignorance, you corporate fascists.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,626
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #427
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33166
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR View Post
I really wonder if this clown is Derikshuns dupe. He is from the same city and puts up the same fingers in his ears arguments. People have reached the point where they blow off dirikshun because he is what he is. Now this clown shows up around the same time he starts posting less here. Maybe he is not his dupe and if that is the case they should hookup. They could pat each other on the back agreeing they have it all figured out. Heck they could take turns using their parents cars when pretending to look for a job. I can hear it now "mom can loneburgerflipper spend the night?" The answer is always the same "you are 28 we don't care who stays over with you, we gave up on you moving out of the basement years ago"

you are back. With the same witty, intellect, articulate post where you engage in the conversation.

What's the matter. Too stupid to answer a simple question, but enough time to make a paragraph of name calling?

You guys can attempt to call me a kid all you want, you guys are the ones you prove who childish and stupid you are through your posts.

Your almost as worthless as BEP with it comes anything meaningful.

"I can't answer the question or engage in the conversation, but I don't like what is being said, even though I can't argue against it, so I just name call like a child" - RNR
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,626
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #428
RNR RNR is offline
Ok which door do I leave from
 
RNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $34863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
you are back. With the same witty, intellect, articulate post where you engage in the conversation.

What's the matter. Too stupid to answer a simple question, but enough time to make a paragraph of name calling?

You guys can attempt to call me a kid all you want, you guys are the ones you prove who childish and stupid you are through your posts.

Your almost as worthless as BEP with it comes anything meaningful.

"I can't answer the question or engage in the conversation, but I don't like what is being said, even though I can't argue against it, so I just name call like a child" - RNR
Nice dupe dieckshun~
__________________

"If it’s true that our species is alone in the universe, then I’d have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little"
George Carlin~
Posts: 23,891
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #429
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33166
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR View Post
Nice dupe dieckshun~
You going to answer any questions, or just thread jack because you don't like what is being said?

Who is the child again?
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,626
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #430
blaise blaise is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $9708798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
Because she is working full time there?

Because American society decided that working full time is enough of an investment to live in America.

Because that is why people go to jobs, that is whole point of work.
So, McDonalds is responsible for her life decisions.
Posts: 20,099
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #431
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33166
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaise View Post
So, McDonalds is responsible for her life decisions.
Again, whether she works there 6 months or ten years, it is the job that requires the assistance, not the person.

She can go get a better job, her replacement will need government help. And their replacement, And her replacement.

And yes, let us crap on someone who chooses to attempt to work full time. Let us look down upon full time workers simple because they don't have jobs we think are "acceptable".

Everyone should be a doctor darnit.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,626
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #432
RNR RNR is offline
Ok which door do I leave from
 
RNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $34863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
You going to answer any questions, or just thread jack because you don't like what is being said?

Who is the child again?
There are no questions to answer scooter. You keep babbling the same nonsese and claiming victory. It is amazing people are still being nice enough to play along with you direckshun. I am just mocking you out because I am bored and it is all you really deserve~
__________________

"If it’s true that our species is alone in the universe, then I’d have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little"
George Carlin~
Posts: 23,891
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #433
Direckshun Direckshun is online now
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $1208998
I don't know, folks, Loneiguana is making a ton of sense to me.
__________________
Posts: 43,706
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #434
RNR RNR is offline
Ok which door do I leave from
 
RNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $34863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
I don't know, folks, Loneiguana is making a ton of sense to me.
agreeing with yourself~
__________________

"If it’s true that our species is alone in the universe, then I’d have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little"
George Carlin~
Posts: 23,891
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #435
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33166
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR View Post
agreeing with yourself~
You go ahead and run with that.

I'm sure it helps you feel better about not being able to answer simple questions.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,626
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.