Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 09:07 AM  
WhawhaWhat WhawhaWhat is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Casino cash: $32262
McDonald's helps workers get food stamps.

McDonald's helps workers get food stamps

Quote:
Nancy Salgado, who has worked at a Chicago McDonald's for 10 years and makes $8.25 an hour, asked the McResource representative a number of questions related to getting assistance to pay for her heating bill, her groceries and her sister's medical expenses. Salgado told the representative that she was recording the call for her sister.

The helpline operator never asked Salgado how much she made per hour, and how many hours per week she worked beyond the fact that she was a full-time employee. But she said that Salgado "definitely should be able to qualify for both food stamps and heating assistance."

The representative then pointed her toward a number of resources in Chicago, such as food pantries and a program that would help cover some of her heating bill. She said she would email her specific phone numbers and programs.

The operator also explained that the McResource line is available to help McDonald's workers who need help navigating the process of getting public assistance. The helpline's phone number is posted in fliers at many McDonald's locations.
Nice of McDonalds to help get its employees on the gov't teet.

Last edited by WhawhaWhat; 10-24-2013 at 11:48 AM..
Posts: 3,655
WhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #751
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is offline
The Bitch is back
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $80383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
You never went to college, otherwise you would understand that talking out of your butt without any evidence to back it up is a great way to look as stupid as BEP.
I kinda feel bad reading your posts. The real world is going to absolutely ass-rape you.
__________________
___________________________________
Posts: 12,474
Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #752
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucPatriot
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $107875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
I kinda feel bad reading your posts. The real world is going to absolutely ass-rape you.
That's why he's still in the Ivory Tower -- looking down on all the people living life in the real world.
__________________
“Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the Government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.” — James Madison
Posts: 56,209
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #753
Mod98Ban Mod98Ban is offline
Starter
 
Mod98Ban's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Casino cash: $4086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
I kinda feel bad reading your posts. The real world is going to absolutely ass-rape you.
I see he's no longer responding, so maybe he went in to get his o-ring replaced from all of the anal raping he has been receiving, or he's having to consult his Manual of Marxism to try to find something else to say.
__________________
Posts: 258
Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #754
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucPatriot
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $107875
He's chillin. Maybe at LOL cats.
__________________
“Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the Government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.” — James Madison
Posts: 56,209
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #755
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
I kinda feel bad reading your posts. The real world is going to absolutely ass-rape you.
Sure, buddy.

If that makes you feel better about not being able to defend your views with actual, you know, facts, go with that.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,625
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:51 AM   #756
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod98Ban View Post
You are the one that looks really stupid. That info I posted was for New York state, not the whole USA, but regardless of that, your proposed raise hike is astronomical compared to any others in the history of the USA, so the effects of it will be way more dramatic. Here's some of the info from the site.

Jan 1, 1978

$2.65 for all covered, nonexempt workers
Jan 1, 1979

$2.90 for all covered, nonexempt workers
Jan 1, 1980

$3.10 for all covered, nonexempt workers
Jan 1, 1981

$3.35 for all covered, nonexempt workers
Apr 1, 19904

$3.80 for all covered, nonexempt workers
Apr 1, 1991

$4.25 for all covered, nonexempt workers
Oct 1, 1996

$4.75 for all covered, nonexempt workers
Sep 1, 19975

$5.15 for all covered, nonexempt workers
Jul 24, 2007

$5.85 for all covered, nonexempt workers
Jul 24, 2008

$6.55 for all covered, nonexempt workers
Jul 24, 2009

$7.25 for all covered, nonexempt workers

Even going from $6.55 to $7.25 is minimal, when compared to your idea of $7.25 to $15.00, or can you not see that? Do you not understand basic math? $.70 versus $7.75 is a big difference, and you are the biggest douchebag on the internet in the history of mankind.

Here's all of the info that you need for minimum wage increases.
http://www.dol.gov/whd/minwage/chart.htm
Hey, your getting closer to actually using evidence. But why didn't you go back to the 1930s?

Unfortunately your doomsday prediction is still complete B.S.

And you didn't compare prices.

But thats because you have no understand of capitalism. Wages don't set prices. Demand does. Prove that wrong, numbuts or shut up.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock

Last edited by Loneiguana; 11-14-2013 at 06:01 AM..
Posts: 3,625
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:59 AM   #757
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33161
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Okay, I will try one more time--your arguments don't address my position so I don't need to address all that you post. My position is the underlying principle of your argument making your argument unnecessary. You still don't get it.

I told you before, I don't read your whole post. The above sentences tell you why.

Think of it like this: You expect to address something akin to putting a Volkswagon bumper on a Cadillac and saying--"There!" That would work! It doesn't.

Your fundamental question on minimum wage is irrelevant to me because my fundamental position is based 1) not having a system that relies on inflation to make debt cheaper making goods more expensive over time which I've argued hurts low income workers, the poor and the elderly 2) the players in the market working out their needs between each other.

So quit trying to FRAME the argument so you win it, based on your version of two-valued logic. I've addressed it from my position--not yours--as I should. I have refused to play into your framework, so quit acting like a bullying Bolshevik demanding others address your position within your frame of view. There's other systems that work better. That's what I'm doing. Your framework is totally worth ignoring.

The FACT that I have had to tell you this repeatedly, is why I say "Whoosh! It went over your head." That fact that I have to tell you this repeatedly, but you persist on the same line of thinking demanding I acknowledge each bit of data you present tells me you have reading comprehension fail. Either that or your just a bully at the level of thought.
Its amazing that you would call anyone else a idealist when you believe in some fictional fantasy reality where inflation doesn't happen.

Der de der, I don't have to address that actual topic in the thread becuase der der I believe in a fiction reality where there is no inflation.. der de der.

So not only do you believe economy=magic, you believe in fictional Utopians.

And minimum doesn't cause inflation. Jesus you are stupid.

Inflation has outpaced the minimum wage. Stop being stupid.

Keep thinking your point is over my head. That is something that stupid people say when people explain why there are wrong. Especially when they have zero evidence to back it up.

BEP, the creationist of economic threads.

Even if you fiction Utopian of no inflation happened in the U.S., we would still have the minimum wage. The topic of the thread is what the rate should be. You actually going to participate in the conversation or keep talking about fictional realities as an excuse to not look and evidence?

It has lost 7 percent of its buying power since 2009. How should we address that? Inflation did happen. And the "market" didn't adjust the wages?

I'll wait for another one of your terrific non answers.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,625
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:00 AM   #758
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33161
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Me thinks, you protest too much! Quit projecting.
You don't even know what projecting means.

You are easily the dumbest person on this board.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,625
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:06 AM   #759
livechat livechat is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2013
Casino cash: $540
Hello?

Nice Thread.
Posts: 3
livechat is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #760
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucPatriot
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $107875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
You don't even know what projecting means.

You are easily the dumbest person on this board.
You mean you don't know. Therefore, you're projecting again.
__________________
“Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the Government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.” — James Madison
Posts: 56,209
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #761
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33161
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
You mean you don't know. Therefore, you're projecting again.
BEP, don't use words you can't define.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,625
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #762
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is offline
The Bitch is back
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $80383
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
He's chillin. Maybe at LOL cats.
Looks like the clown is back for more beatings.
__________________
___________________________________
Posts: 12,474
Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #763
Mod98Ban Mod98Ban is offline
Starter
 
Mod98Ban's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Casino cash: $4086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
Hey, your getting closer to actually using evidence. But why didn't you go back to the 1930s?

Unfortunately your doomsday prediction is still complete B.S.

And you didn't compare prices.

But thats because you have no understand of capitalism. Wages don't set prices. Demand does. Prove that wrong, numbuts or shut up.
You just proved how much of a real ****ing idiot you are. I don't have to argue based on your requirements, so , and furthermore what happened 30-70 years ago is going to be considerably different than it is now. You just can't seem to swallow that little point. You raise minimum wages the amount you want to, and you will end up pricing all kinds of people out of being able to buy some things. Hell, it's already happening, but you can't see it. If all wages are raised the amount you want, and you already said that the employers, and consumers would pay the difference, are you really retarded enough to think that the companies will not pass 90%, or more of the wage hikes to the consumers? These companies aren't in business to lose money, or did that point escape you many years ago? You are a Marxist fool with your head in the sand, and you ass in the air, for anyone that comes by to rape. You make this so easy, you retard.




BTW, that was a communist record, for the record!
__________________

Last edited by Mod98Ban; 11-14-2013 at 09:11 PM..
Posts: 258
Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:42 AM   #764
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $33161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod98Ban View Post
You just proved how much of a real ****ing idiot you are. I don't have to argue based on your requirements, so , and furthermore what happened 30-70 years ago is going to be considerably different than it is now. You just can't seem to swallow that little point. You raise minimum wages the amount you want to, and you will end up pricing all kinds of people out of being able to buy some things. Hell, it's already happening, but you can't see it. If all wages are raised the amount you want, and you already said that the employers, and consumers would pay the difference, are you really retarded enough to think that the companies will not pass 90%, or more of the wage hikes to the consumers? These companies aren't in business to lose money, or did that point escape you many years ago? You are a Marxist fool with your head in the sand, and you ass in the air, for anyone that comes by to rape. You make this so easy, you retard.

You really need to learn how capitalism operates.

IF you raise prices, you lower your demand, sell less goods.

If you raise prices and your competitors don't, they take your business.

A company is not going to rise prices out of their target markets tolerance because no one will buy it and they will lose money.

Now, the minimum wage has been proven to increase demand, Meaning a company, though paying more in wages, will make more in revenue.

You are as stupid as BEP.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,625
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #765
listopencil listopencil is offline
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $1129673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
Food Stamps is based on a monthly bases. Not yearly. That is the first mistake. Jesus, I am arguing with an idiot.

40 time 7.25 = 290

290 times four = 1160 around the monthly income.

You are also assuming they do get scheduled a full 40 hours and not 35-40.

Again, try to be less stupid.
That is hilarious. You're a child. I'm using your own standards against you. What, do you think benefits get cancelled and granted on a month to month basis? Through this entire thread you've been proven wrong again and again and again. Once more: You stated that a person working full time at minimum wage lives in poverty. They don't. You've stated that a person working full time at minimum wage qualifies for food stamps. They don't. You've stated that forcing companies to pay based on what you think the employee needs regardless of market value of their labor isn't communism. It is. You're a hysterical lying fool that can't even keep his own talking points straight, and the people in this thread are actually taking it easy on you because this discussion is beginning to take on the flavor of a school yard confrontation with an aggressive mentally handicapped child. Guess what Sparky? You're the retard.
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 27,881
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.