Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The GET IN MAH BELLY! Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 09:07 AM  
WhawhaWhat WhawhaWhat is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Casino cash: $31182
McDonald's helps workers get food stamps.

McDonald's helps workers get food stamps

Quote:
Nancy Salgado, who has worked at a Chicago McDonald's for 10 years and makes $8.25 an hour, asked the McResource representative a number of questions related to getting assistance to pay for her heating bill, her groceries and her sister's medical expenses. Salgado told the representative that she was recording the call for her sister.

The helpline operator never asked Salgado how much she made per hour, and how many hours per week she worked beyond the fact that she was a full-time employee. But she said that Salgado "definitely should be able to qualify for both food stamps and heating assistance."

The representative then pointed her toward a number of resources in Chicago, such as food pantries and a program that would help cover some of her heating bill. She said she would email her specific phone numbers and programs.

The operator also explained that the McResource line is available to help McDonald's workers who need help navigating the process of getting public assistance. The helpline's phone number is posted in fliers at many McDonald's locations.
Nice of McDonalds to help get its employees on the gov't teet.

Last edited by WhawhaWhat; 10-24-2013 at 11:48 AM..
Posts: 3,525
WhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliWhawhaWhat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #841
J Diddy J Diddy is offline
One Groovy Cat
 
J Diddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Pitt State baby
Casino cash: $166198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod98Ban View Post
This would be your stance.
Ah yes. You.

What are you rambling about?
Posts: 29,296
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #842
Mod98Ban Mod98Ban is offline
Starter
 
Mod98Ban's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Casino cash: $4086
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Ah yes. You.

What are you rambling about?
Not rambling, just pointing out your obvious stance. If you can't understand English, please refer to the picture.
__________________
Posts: 258
Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #843
J Diddy J Diddy is offline
One Groovy Cat
 
J Diddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Pitt State baby
Casino cash: $166198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod98Ban View Post
Not rambling, just pointing out your obvious stance. If you can't understand English, please refer to the picture.
It's not that obvious because you don't have a clue. However, you can do a search and find the numerous posts I've made concerning it. You do know how to search the forum, don't you?
Posts: 29,296
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #844
The_Grand_Illusion The_Grand_Illusion is offline
Veteran
 
The_Grand_Illusion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Ad Astra Per Aspera
Casino cash: $18392
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Really, what is my stance?

Please provide me the link.

From my saying that there is an enormous amount of contempt for the poor working or nut you got a huge extrapolation of facts. such as :

"You liberals, dems, progs, are disgusting creatures. You claim to be for the poor but in reality, you use the poor, just like you use minorities to accumulate government power. That's why it is so disgusting. Remember the War on Poverty in the 60's? That was meant to wipe out poverty in America but over the decades it has become a farce, to enslave the poor and minorities to dependence on government and a continued vote for the dems"
You gave your stance on the poor did you not? Now you want to play the nuance game? And I responded in kind how the War on Poverty has been a huge failure and it has been all these decades.

You are disgusting creatures because you continue to go down the road with the same tried and failed answers and it has evolved in to nothing more than a power grab for your party and it has played out that way too, truth hurts I know.

TGI
Posts: 1,489
The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #845
Mod98Ban Mod98Ban is offline
Starter
 
Mod98Ban's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Casino cash: $4086
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
It's not that obvious because you don't have a clue. However, you can do a search and find the numerous posts I've made concerning it. You do know how to search the forum, don't you?
Please refer to this site, for some info vital to your well being.
http://markewbie.hubpages.com/hub/Ho...-from-your-Ass
__________________
Posts: 258
Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #846
Bacon Cheeseburger Bacon Cheeseburger is offline
With no ****ing ketchup
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $406803
Ok, I don't come in here too often, and even more rarely post in here. But I'm up late and bored and wandered in. I haven't read the entire thread, so maybe this has been covered...but those of you who think it's as simple as raising the minimum wage aren't seeing the bigger picture.

Minimum wage is what...$7.25 I think? Ok, so we raise it to let's say $10/hr. Great. Everybody's happy now, right? Wrong. Because the shift supervisor at the McD's that you were already paying $10/hr isn't going to be happy that the grunts are now making what they make. So you have to bump him up a few bucks an hour too.

But wait..it doesn't end there, because now the shift supervisor is making the same as the assistant manager, so you have to bump him up too.

Everyone see where this is going?

For those who don't, I'll continue. Now the assistant manager is making the same as the manager. GUESS WHAT THAT MEANS!

And rinse and repeat these effects for nearly every single business out there.

The results are going to be driving up labor costs ACROSS THE BOARD, and those of you who don't think it's going to result in significantly higher prices are freaking delusional. Sure, everyone will be making more, but the higher costs are going to cancel out any additional income. It. Just. Won't. Work.

/mic drop
Posts: 52,139
Bacon Cheeseburger 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bacon Cheeseburger 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bacon Cheeseburger 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bacon Cheeseburger 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bacon Cheeseburger 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bacon Cheeseburger 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bacon Cheeseburger 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bacon Cheeseburger 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bacon Cheeseburger 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bacon Cheeseburger 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bacon Cheeseburger 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #847
Mod98Ban Mod98Ban is offline
Starter
 
Mod98Ban's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Casino cash: $4086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Ok, I don't come in here too often, and even more rarely post in here. But I'm up late and bored and wandered in. I haven't read the entire thread, so maybe this has been covered...but those of you who think it's as simple as raising the minimum wage aren't seeing the bigger picture.

Minimum wage is what...$7.25 I think? Ok, so we raise it to let's say $10/hr. Great. Everybody's happy now, right? Wrong. Because the shift supervisor at the McD's that you were already paying $10/hr isn't going to be happy that the grunts are now making what they make. So you have to bump him up a few bucks an hour too.

But wait..it doesn't end there, because now the shift supervisor is making the same as the assistant manager, so you have to bump him up too.

Everyone see where this is going?

For those who don't, I'll continue. Now the assistant manager is making the same as the manager. GUESS WHAT THAT MEANS!

And rinse and repeat these effects for nearly every single business out there.

The results are going to be driving up labor costs ACROSS THE BOARD, and those of you who don't think it's going to result in significantly higher prices are freaking delusional. Sure, everyone will be making more, but the higher costs are going to cancel out any additional income. It. Just. Won't. Work.

/mic drop

The delusional ones on here have been told what you just said many times, but it doesn't sink in, but it's worth repeating anyways. They've also been told that raising minimum wage will cause the costs of the materials needed for all businesses to go up, for the same reasons you stated above, but they don't get that either. The delusional ones seem to think that they are smarter than everyone else in here, but they can't understand simple economics, or the costs of running a business. They really need to come down out of their ivory towers, and quit trying to live in a fantasy land.
__________________
Posts: 258
Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:23 AM   #848
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $32516
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
WHOOSH the point went over your head!

And you telling me I have failed to grasp the basics of capitalism is the most laughable post ever! You're an ignoramus who thinks he knows, when he doesn't and has no business experience too boot.
Yes, you have no understanding of capitalism

You think the government subsides companies through their employees is capitalism.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,572
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:25 AM   #849
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $32516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod98Ban View Post
And you seem to keep missing the point that these places are owned by individuals, and not some government, or some communist group, so neither you, nor anyone else that doesn't have ownership in them has any say in the wages they pay. People used to be able to support a family off of minimum wage, but as I said before, that was before all of the communistic policies went into effect, that were brought about by the Dumbocrat/Communist party in the USA. Taxes have went up, to pay for this huge government, that you seem to enjoy, and want more of it. Go back, and read that post that I made. You probably won't understand it, because it makes too much sense, and involves logic. Your parties ideas of how to get rid of the poor have failed immensely, and are doing nothing but making for more government dependents. I'm sure you like that, because it's almost a guaranteed way to get them to vote Dumbocrat, when the government is handing them money, and/or food stamps every month. Wake up Captaint DoucheBag.
What communistic policies have caused the minimum wage to not raise with inflation?
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,572
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #850
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $32516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
I find this whole thing interesting. I was just listening to a podcast report where it was said that the demonstrators in the recent protests, who claim to be fast-food workers, are campaigning for the minimum wage to be doubled. Even Obama came out advocating a near 50% rise in the minimum wage.

I can see why liberals back this, because they back any increase to the minimum wage no matter how farcical its practicality may be. But are they really big enough dopes to not realize it's going to put half these fast food workers out of work? That it's shortsighted and is going to bite them in the end, like Obamacare?

Maybe they don't care, because a voter on government cheese is a permanent democrat?
Data comparing States with differing minimum wages and states that raise the minimum wage shows no sign of significant job loss.

You see, when the very bottom of society gets a 100 dollar monthly raise, the 100 dollars is going to be spent. That causes an increase in demand. Increases in demand spur hiring.

That's capitalism. Capitalism is not firing workers because of pay IF there is demand for your product. If there is demand, you will find a way to meet that demand, or a better business owner will.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,572
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #851
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $32516
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Grand_Illusion View Post
OH BS, that was the Democrat claim to end all poverty back then or do you want to revise history? It's clearly failed with what you dems believe because we have more on entitlements than ever. All the so called "war on poverty" ever was and is, is a power grab, nothing more. It's the dems/left that is too delusional to see their own failures.

TGI
We also have more WORKING people on the social safety net as well.

Its almost like as inflation goes up, but wages don't as well, that forces more people who are working closer to poverty every year.

Conservatives are too delusional too see our social safety net increase has been from working members of society.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,572
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:33 AM   #852
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $32516
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Grand_Illusion View Post
You help people be enslaved by the system, by being dependent on the government, all in the name of aquiring more power. This is how the left deceptively twists it and you bought in to it hook, line, and sinker.

You are failures.

TGI
Paying a wage that requires assistance from the government to meet the essentials of food and shelter is forcing people into dependence.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,572
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:35 AM   #853
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $32516
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Grand_Illusion View Post
You gave your stance on the poor did you not? Now you want to play the nuance game? And I responded in kind how the War on Poverty has been a huge failure and it has been all these decades.

You are disgusting creatures because you continue to go down the road with the same tried and failed answers and it has evolved in to nothing more than a power grab for your party and it has played out that way too, truth hurts I know.

TGI
Tired and failed answers?

You said more and more people are entitlements.

So, lets look at a time when there were less people on entitlements.

Well, gosh, look at that, the minimum wage supported a family of three.

Hmm, I wonder how many people would get off the social safety net if the jobs they worked didn't need the basic food stamp help? I bet a lot less.

So, I would say that having a the minimum wage be able to support a family of three is a tried and succeeded answer at keeping people off the social safety net.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock

Last edited by Loneiguana; 12-07-2013 at 06:33 AM..
Posts: 3,572
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:42 AM   #854
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $32516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Ok, I don't come in here too often, and even more rarely post in here. But I'm up late and bored and wandered in. I haven't read the entire thread, so maybe this has been covered...but those of you who think it's as simple as raising the minimum wage aren't seeing the bigger picture.

Minimum wage is what...$7.25 I think? Ok, so we raise it to let's say $10/hr. Great. Everybody's happy now, right? Wrong. Because the shift supervisor at the McD's that you were already paying $10/hr isn't going to be happy that the grunts are now making what they make. So you have to bump him up a few bucks an hour too.

But wait..it doesn't end there, because now the shift supervisor is making the same as the assistant manager, so you have to bump him up too.

Everyone see where this is going?

For those who don't, I'll continue. Now the assistant manager is making the same as the manager. GUESS WHAT THAT MEANS!

And rinse and repeat these effects for nearly every single business out there.

The results are going to be driving up labor costs ACROSS THE BOARD, and those of you who don't think it's going to result in significantly higher prices are freaking delusional. Sure, everyone will be making more, but the higher costs are going to cancel out any additional income. It. Just. Won't. Work.

/mic drop
Hey look. More people who don't understand capitalism. Is it like a conservative requirement to be completely dumb when it comes to capitalism?

Besides the simple, fundamental concept of capitalism that increases in prices leads to a DECREASE in demand, therefore price increases are the LAST option, there are many more reasons why what you say is wrong.

Like the increase in demand, that leads to an increase in sales, that leads to more revenue at the same price.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,572
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:44 AM   #855
Loneiguana Loneiguana is offline
Veteran
 
Loneiguana's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Springfield
Casino cash: $32516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod98Ban View Post
The delusional ones on here have been told what you just said many times, but it doesn't sink in, but it's worth repeating anyways. They've also been told that raising minimum wage will cause the costs of the materials needed for all businesses to go up, for the same reasons you stated above, but they don't get that either. The delusional ones seem to think that they are smarter than everyone else in here, but they can't understand simple economics, or the costs of running a business. They really need to come down out of their ivory towers, and quit trying to live in a fantasy land.
Yup, you tell us a lot of things. None of what you tell is true. None of what you tell us is supported by data. But, yes, you do say a lot of things.

You should try actually proving, with data, that prices increase unsustainable.

Or try understanding capitalism.
__________________
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
–John Lubbock
Posts: 3,572
Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.Loneiguana would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.