Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Royal Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 11:54 AM  
scho63 scho63 is offline
Politically Incorrect
 
scho63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Virginia
Casino cash: $7635
Chargers Fan Fined $280 for Throwing Football in Stadium Parking Lot

The more of these type of stories I read, the more I continue to hate the police, the lawmakers and politicians. This country is so off track it's not funny.

Is really the best use of police resources? I think NOT!

http://thebiglead.com/2013/11/10/cha...m-parking-lot/

A San Diego Chargers fan was asked by police to stop throwing a football in the Qualcomm Stadium parking lot while tailgating before last month’s game against the Colts.

Initially assuming the officers were joking, and understandably so, the 27-year-old Jesse Unger jokingly replied, “coach’s orders” and continued to throw the football. It was then that Unger was presented with a football throwing citation because fans are seriously not allowed to toss the old pigskin in the Qualcomm Stadium parking lot.

In fact, the very first infraction on the city’s “Parking Lot Policies and Procedures” website says as much. Here’s the actual law:

Per San Diego Municipal Code 59.0502, says that one cannot “intentionally throw, discharge, launch or spill any solid object (including footballs, baseballs, frisbees and other such devices) or liquid substance or otherwise cause subject or substance to be thrown, discharged, launched, spilled, or to become airborne.”
Loving the inclusion of “intentional” here. The idea of accidentally throwing a football, baseball or frisbee offers a wonderful visual.

Unger ended up taking the ticket to court upon learning the fine would cost him a whopping $280. He had initially been told by officers at “the scene” the fine would be for $60. After presenting his case, the judge told Unger he would be charged $75 if he were to plead guilty.

Here’s their fantastic exchange:

“But the ticket is for $280 according to the court documents, Your Honor,” Unger replied.

“Yes, but I think that is just ridiculous,” responded the judge.

“You and me both,” Unger muttered back. “I plead guilty to throwing the football, Your Honor.”

After being fed those comical words, the sanity-seeking judge reportedly dismissed the ticket.

According to the report, three other NFL stadiums also have this unfathomable policy in place: LP Field in Tennessee, Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, and CenturyLink Field in Seattle.

Beyond absurd. It should really be against the law to have such a law.
Posts: 5,027
scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #16
OrtonsPiercedTaint OrtonsPiercedTaint is offline
Veteran
 
OrtonsPiercedTaint's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Judge: "We're sorry we didn't realize there were any of you still around"/GIECO Caveman
Posts: 3,543
OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.OrtonsPiercedTaint Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #17
scho63 scho63 is offline
Politically Incorrect
 
scho63's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Virginia
Casino cash: $7635
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Just curious... why is this rule "unfathomable?" You really want drunk people throwing footballs when there are grills (often with hot coals) all over the lot?
Yeah it is unfathomable and stupid.
  • Let's stop grilling at games because someone could get burnt.
  • Let's stop all drinking because someone could get drunk.
  • Lets' ban all kids because they might hear vulgarities.
  • Let's ban fans because some ass might fall over the rail and get killed.
  • Let's not play in the snow because someone may slip and fall in the parking lot and get hurt.

Yoiu sound like one of those people who would make another 1,000,000 laws to try and "protect" everyone from everyone else and then blame it on everyone but the person responsible.

I give most people more credit and realize there are always a few nuts out there.

How many stories have you heard of people getting hurt in stadium parking lots from footballs?

I'VE NEVER HEARD OF ONE!
__________________
---
"The only difference between sex for free and sex for money is that sex for free costs you a WHOLE LOT more!"
~Redd Foxx~



2013 2014 ADOPT A CHIEF
MIKE CATAPANO -MIA SEPT 2014
Posts: 5,027
scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #18
LoneWolf LoneWolf is online now
BAMF
 
LoneWolf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wichita
Casino cash: $8897
What's the big deal? There is a reason for this law. I've had my vehicle hit several times by footballs in the Arrowhead parking lot. One time it actually dented the hood of my truck. The guy came over to get the ball, saw the dent, and offered to pay for it. I'm sure not every incident like this ends so amicably.

The guy was told to stop throwing the football and instead of complying or asking why he says something stupid and throws the ball anyway. Ignorance of the law is never a defense. I disagree with the amount of the fine and I'm glad the judge had enough sense to reduce the fine and then apparently dismiss the citation, but I don't understand anyone getting angry about this and crying "police state."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones View Post
If we win 8 games I'll post a nude selfie.
Posts: 5,582
LoneWolf has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.LoneWolf has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.LoneWolf has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.LoneWolf has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.LoneWolf has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.LoneWolf has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.LoneWolf has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.LoneWolf has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.LoneWolf has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.LoneWolf has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.LoneWolf has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #19
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $10091
Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Yeah it is unfathomable and stupid.
  • Let's stop grilling at games because someone could get burnt.
  • Let's stop all drinking because someone could get drunk.
  • Lets' ban all kids because they might hear vulgarities.
  • Let's ban fans because some ass might fall over the rail and get killed.
  • Let's not play in the snow because someone may slip and fall in the parking lot and get hurt.

Yoiu sound like one of those people who would make another 1,000,000 laws to try and "protect" everyone from everyone else and then blame it on everyone but the person responsible.

I give most people more credit and realize there are always a few nuts out there.

How many stories have you heard of people getting hurt in stadium parking lots from footballs?

I'VE NEVER HEARD OF ONE!
I love to tailgate. And when I take out my grill, I don't want some drunk asshole throwing a football to hit my piping hot grill. Or hit my car. And especially anything piping hot hitting my car. And I don't want some drunk asshole hitting somebody at my tailgate with a football -- it won't hurt anybody, but it's annoying.

I get that most of it is harmless. Which is why I said I don't want security guards acting tough as shit in enforcing it. But as a guy who loves to tailgate, I really don't care if someone wants to stop people from throwing shit around. I would personally rather just police it myself, but some people may not want to do that.
Posts: 20,607
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #20
scho63 scho63 is offline
Politically Incorrect
 
scho63's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Virginia
Casino cash: $7635
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I love to tailgate. And when I take out my grill, I don't want some drunk asshole throwing a football to hit my piping hot grill. Or hit my car. And especially anything piping hot hitting my car. And I don't want some drunk asshole hitting somebody at my tailgate with a football -- it won't hurt anybody, but it's annoying.

I get that most of it is harmless. Which is why I said I don't want security guards acting tough as shit in enforcing it. But as a guy who loves to tailgate, I really don't care if someone wants to stop people from throwing shit around. I would personally rather just police it myself, but some people may not want to do that.
I found 99% of those tossing the football around during pregame tailgating at PRO games are neither drunk or obnoxious. College tailgating can be a little rough because the young kids get all tanked up.

Sometimes AFTER the Pro games you get more of the drunks
__________________
---
"The only difference between sex for free and sex for money is that sex for free costs you a WHOLE LOT more!"
~Redd Foxx~



2013 2014 ADOPT A CHIEF
MIKE CATAPANO -MIA SEPT 2014
Posts: 5,027
scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.scho63 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #21
theelusiveeightrop theelusiveeightrop is offline
Spiraling down the Drain
 
theelusiveeightrop's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dante's Ninth Circle
Casino cash: $10148
Don't tase me bro.
__________________
"We're both part of the same hypocrisy, Senator, but never think it applies to my family."

2014 Adopt a Chief - Travis Kelce #87
Posts: 20,191
theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #22
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $10091
Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I found 99% of those tossing the football around during pregame tailgating at PRO games are neither drunk or obnoxious. College tailgating can be a little rough because the young kids get all tanked up.

Sometimes AFTER the Pro games you get more of the drunks
I didn't mean to imply that's the only way it happens. Trust me, nothing against drunks -- I can't remember the last tailgate where I was sober. But errant throws can come from well meaning people who have bad aim. Most of the time it seems like it happens because footballs take weird bounces. Or sometimes it's just rude people who don't care if there are people or grills around them.

But between dinged cars, people sitting down getting hit with a football, or grills getting knocked over, I think it's more annoying than it's worth. I've played catch in parking lots but almost always where there is a ton of space or I know my tailgate neighbors. Not everyone does that.
Posts: 20,607
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #23
Strongside Strongside is offline
Damn, we're in a tight spot.
 
Strongside's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: KC
Casino cash: $10979
Isn't that, like, the 6th amendment? That one has the right to throw the football in the parking lot? The gubbamint is took our jobs.
__________________
Posts: 8,718
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #24
Bob Dole Bob Dole is offline
King Shit of **** Mountain
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texarkana, Texas
Casino cash: $11984
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRU View Post
If I wasn't so care free (like many people) I might start fights with the people throwing footballs, or complain to the stadium and try to claim they owe me to fix dents in my car, which whether the stadium would actually do that or not it would be a waste of time for them to deal with.
Pretty sure your parking "contract" says they are not responsible for loss or damage.
Posts: 32,315
Bob Dole is too fat/Omaha.Bob Dole is too fat/Omaha.Bob Dole is too fat/Omaha.Bob Dole is too fat/Omaha.Bob Dole is too fat/Omaha.Bob Dole is too fat/Omaha.Bob Dole is too fat/Omaha.Bob Dole is too fat/Omaha.Bob Dole is too fat/Omaha.Bob Dole is too fat/Omaha.Bob Dole is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #25
thabear04 thabear04 is online now
MTFU
 
thabear04's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Valley Heat
Casino cash: $12520
The guy must of done something else because Me and a few friends were tossing the Football around and a cop was passing by. This was last year when the Raiders vs Chargers .
__________________
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: Travis Kelce

Posts: 1,823
thabear04 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thabear04 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thabear04 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thabear04 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thabear04 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thabear04 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thabear04 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thabear04 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thabear04 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thabear04 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thabear04 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #26
Strongside Strongside is offline
Damn, we're in a tight spot.
 
Strongside's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: KC
Casino cash: $10979
Quote:
Originally Posted by thabear04 View Post
The guy must of done something else because Me and a few friends were tossing the Football around and a cop was passing by. This was last year when the Raiders vs Chargers .
They just felt bad for fans attending that game.
__________________
Posts: 8,718
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #27
jiveturkey jiveturkey is offline
Captain Kick Ass
 
jiveturkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kansas
Casino cash: $6642
I personally hate drunk retards playing catch. I got hit in the back of the head one day, the guy missed his target by 10 yards and fell on his face while running to apologize. My wife has been hit. At least 60% of the cars have been hit. Saw grill get knocked over, which resulted in a brawl.

Alex Smith can't hit anyone past 15 yards but Chubs McBaggypants with a 12 pack of Busch Light in him is going to hit Skinny Pete on a deep out route right through the middle of someone else's tailgate?
Posts: 5,487
jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #28
Baconeater Baconeater is offline
I TOLD YOU NO ****ING KETCHUP
 
Baconeater's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $23108
Parking lots are for eating and drinking, not pretending you're Joe ****ing Montana.
Posts: 52,795
Baconeater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Baconeater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Baconeater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Baconeater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Baconeater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Baconeater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Baconeater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Baconeater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Baconeater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Baconeater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Baconeater 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #29
Guru Guru is offline
SKC 13-Royals 14-Chiefs 15?
 
Guru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Middle of the USA
Casino cash: $11425
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Parking lots are for eating and drinking, not pretending you're Joe ****ing Montana.
I can dink and dunk with the best of them.
__________________
Same as it ever was.
Posts: 53,927
Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #30
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $15040
Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Unger ended up taking the ticket to court upon learning the fine would cost him a whopping $280. He had initially been told by officers at “the scene” the fine would be for $60. After presenting his case, the judge told Unger he would be charged $75 if he were to plead guilty.

Here’s their fantastic exchange:

“But the ticket is for $280 according to the court documents, Your Honor,” Unger replied.

“Yes, but I think that is just ridiculous,” responded the judge.

“You and me both,” Unger muttered back. “I plead guilty to throwing the football, Your Honor.”

After being fed those comical words, the sanity-seeking judge reportedly dismissed the ticket.
How do they have quotes from what happened in court, but do not know if the charge was dismissed?
__________________
Posts: 19,351
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:51 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.