Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 02:09 PM  
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186230
****The Official NEW new new conference realignment & shit talk thread****

Let's do it.
Posts: 30,520
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #796
tredadda tredadda is offline
Moustakas FTW
 
tredadda's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ft Collins, Co
Casino cash: $42112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Until it happens I stand by what I said. This time of year is full of rumors. Take conference realignment, almost no one went where they were "rumored" to go.
__________________
Posts: 4,115
tredadda has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #797
Cochise Cochise is offline
MVP
 
Cochise's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $79953681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
As a Kansas fan I'll admit I'm pulling for Mizzou. Not that I really "want" MU to win more than I am eager to see the absolute cluster**** of a situation that will hit the SEC by a team that is still mostly "Big 12" in recruit and style.

I don't get the feeling that the old boys network is taking to kindly to the fact that a northern school like Missouri can just step in and in two years can take down the whole thing.
Why would the "old boys network" dislike this? They voted to invite the teams. They made a concerted effort as a conference to pillage the Big 12 and take two of their best teams. They did this because expanding the conference with more strong teams will enrich them the end. It's going along exactly the way it was supposed to.
Posts: 40,988
Cochise is too fat/Omaha.Cochise is too fat/Omaha.Cochise is too fat/Omaha.Cochise is too fat/Omaha.Cochise is too fat/Omaha.Cochise is too fat/Omaha.Cochise is too fat/Omaha.Cochise is too fat/Omaha.Cochise is too fat/Omaha.Cochise is too fat/Omaha.Cochise is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #798
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
So...you're going with the "Mizzou being great somehow makes the Big 12 better by proxy" angle on this one? Pretending that somehow the Big 12's best are now and have always been as good as the best in the SEC? Ignoring the fact that every time anyone has stepped into the ring with the SEC, they've been crushed?
huh? I neither think MU or the Big 12 is great. I just think it would be entertaining to see someone besides the big 6 in the SEC win the conference.

But yes. The fact that 80% of the MU starters were recruited to play in the Big 12 won't go unnoticed by the old guard of the SEC.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,963
Bambi has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #799
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
Why would the "old boys network" dislike this? They voted to invite the teams. They made a concerted effort as a conference to pillage the Big 12 and take two of their best teams. They did this because expanding the conference with more strong teams will enrich them the end. It's going along exactly the way it was supposed to.
It's just an opinion. It's entertaining regardless.

More so than seeing another LSU-Florida or something.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,963
Bambi has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #800
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128335
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Until it happens I stand by what I said. This time of year is full of rumors. Take conference realignment, almost no one went where they were "rumored" to go.
Of course. Rumors are fun though. And the main reason most people check this thread.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,963
Bambi has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #801
tredadda tredadda is offline
Moustakas FTW
 
tredadda's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ft Collins, Co
Casino cash: $42112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Of course. Rumors are fun though. And the main reason most people check this thread.
That and to see what stupidity you and your sidekick PB will spout. I haven't noticed people coming here to check on rumors. Guess we see different things.
__________________
Posts: 4,115
tredadda has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #802
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128335
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
That and to see what stupidity you and your sidekick PB will spout. I haven't noticed people coming here to check on rumors. Guess we see different things.
wtf is wrong with you? Did I do something to piss you off? This thread is about talking shit just like the title states and all you do is constantly call people names and throw insults.

It's ****ing boring.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,963
Bambi has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #803
tredadda tredadda is offline
Moustakas FTW
 
tredadda's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ft Collins, Co
Casino cash: $42112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
wtf is wrong with you? Did I do something to piss you off? This thread is about talking shit just like the title states and all you do is constantly call people names and throw insults.

It's ****ing boring.
I called you what name? Damn cheer up, you take what is said on here too seriously.
__________________
Posts: 4,115
tredadda has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #804
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128335
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
I called you what name? Damn cheer up, you take what is said on here too seriously.
apologies. that was the Jack talking.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,963
Bambi has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #805
warpaint* warpaint* is offline
Facts are stubborn things.
 
warpaint*'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Missourah!
Casino cash: $19752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Whether Saban stays or goes that article/blog is laughably absurd. He ain't leavin' Alabama bc his OC jumps ship.

But if he does leave I volunteer to help him pack. I don't need the best coach in the country in my league unless he's at my school.
__________________
Posts: 1,126
warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #806
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128335
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint* View Post
Whether Saban stays or goes that article/blog is laughably absurd. He ain't leavin' Alabama bc his OC jumps ship.

But if he does leave I volunteer to help him pack. I don't need the best coach in the country in my league unless he's at my school.
I'd have to sit and think about the parallels to Urban Meyer at Florida. UM always had ties to Ohio so it wasn't inconceivable that he would jump.

However UT is the ultimate. Everyone here likes to banter back and forth but there isn't a more powerful job in America than Texas. The highest concentration of athletes is in Texas and it really isn't close. What Saban could do there is scary. Especially in a conference that only has Oklahoma as a true blue blood competitor.

Winning a title at UT would cement him as the greatest of all time. Why not make a run at it. I think he's maxed what can be done at BAMA.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,963
Bambi has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #807
warpaint* warpaint* is offline
Facts are stubborn things.
 
warpaint*'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Missourah!
Casino cash: $19752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
huh? I neither think MU or the Big 12 is great. I just think it would be entertaining to see someone besides the big 6 in the SEC win the conference.

But yes. The fact that 80% of the MU starters were recruited to play in the Big 12 won't go unnoticed by the old guard of the SEC.
It's really only relevant if you live in a world where you are so delusional you consider it impossible for another league capable of producing a team that could win yours. And yes there are people out there that stupid.

But it doesn't speak to strength of the SEC in other years.
__________________
Posts: 1,126
warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #808
warpaint* warpaint* is offline
Facts are stubborn things.
 
warpaint*'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Missourah!
Casino cash: $19752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
I'd have to sit and think about the parallels to Urban Meyer at Florida. UM always had ties to Ohio so it wasn't inconceivable that he would jump.

However UT is the ultimate. Everyone here likes to banter back and forth but there isn't a more powerful job in America than Texas. The highest concentration of athletes is in Texas and it really isn't close. What Saban could do there is scary. Especially in a conference that only has Oklahoma as a true blue blood competitor.

Winning a title at UT would cement him as the greatest of all time. Why not make a run at it. I think he's maxed what can be done at BAMA.
Urban didn't leave Fla for Oh St. The Tressel stuff hadn't even come out yet. That all went down the following spring. He took a year off and probably really wanted to take more than that but big jobs only come open so often so you strike when you must.

I will be surprised if Saban leaves but anything is possible.

Regardless I cannot conceive that he could be MORE dominant than he is now. In his off years they win 11 games.
__________________
Posts: 1,126
warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.warpaint* is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #809
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128335
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint* View Post
It's really only relevant if you live in a world where you are so delusional you consider it impossible for another league capable of producing a team that could win yours. And yes there are people out there that stupid.

But it doesn't speak to strength of the SEC in other years.
I agree. I know the SEC has won 7 straight titles or whatever but there have been certain years where it could be argued that they did not have the best team (or at least another league should have been given the opportunity to prove otherwise)

But yes, the SEC has been and is the best football conference. However there are schools there that have been competing for 50 years and never won the conference. MU is still in that group until they do it. And it won't come without resistance.

The last time someone outside the Big 6 won was a split in 1976 where Kentucky shared with Georgia. Before that it was 1963 with Mississippi!

If Missouri wins Saturday it will make tremendous waves across the conference. There's no doubt in that.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,963
Bambi has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #810
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128335
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint* View Post
Urban didn't leave Fla for Oh St. The Tressel stuff hadn't even come out yet. That all went down the following spring. He took a year off and probably really wanted to take more than that but big jobs only come open so often so you strike when you must.

I will be surprised if Saban leaves but anything is possible.

Regardless I cannot conceive that he could be MORE dominant than he is now. In his off years they win 11 games.
I was trying to see if there was any connection between Saban and Texas. Which I don't think there is.

Who knows what Meyer knew or didn't know. Have you read The System? They talk extensively about OSU and that program has been dirty for a while. Tressel was in trouble long before anything was made public.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,963
Bambi has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.