Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 02:09 PM  
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $187004
****The Official NEW new new conference realignment & shit talk thread****

Let's do it.
Posts: 30,534
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 12-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #886
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $129850
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
WVU and TCU benefited in playing in weak conferences. Now that they are playing with the big boys they are starting to show their true quality. Lets see if either accomplish more than Missouri did in the Big 12 before stating they were better replacements for what was lost.
Like it or not that is how CFB works. You see the commercials the Big 10 runs pretending like Nebraska won all their Championships while they were in the Big 10? The **** they did. They were good when they were in the Big 8/Big 12... they are mediocre now. Why should the Big 10 "get credit" for those Championships?

It sucks but that's they way it is.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 12,127
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 12-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #887
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $129850
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
I understand, but there is no reason why the Border War can't resume. Even in the SEC you see long standing OOC rivalries played every year. UGA-GT, USC-Clem, UF-FSU. Granted playing KU does not help our OOC, but it is still a longstanding rivalry in college football and one that should continue. The loss of rivalries is the saddest part of realignment although I do think Mizzou has gotten the better end of the realignment deal. It will be hard for us to establish rivalries in the SEC like we had with KU.

Think about it like the NFL, when they realigned and the AFC West lost Seattle no one was that bothered as the Seahawks were never true rivals to the other four teams. Now had the AFC West lost Denver, KC, Oakland, or SD it would have been a different story. Those rivalries are rooted in history and the beginning of the old AFL. You can't replace it with anyone else just like you can't replace the Border War with any other team.
The teams choosing to leave conferences are choosing to end rivalries.

There isn't an example out there that disproves that.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 12,127
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 12-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #888
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $187004
Yeah. Basketball obviously got stronger based on the ass kicking Mizzou just gave West Virginia last night. I didn't even know we were playing until I turned on the radio to a different channel, and they gave the score of the game. Mizzou was up by 20-something.

Looks like another year of not making the tournament for WVU. In fact, neither TCU nor WVU will make the tournament or a bowl game.

No wonder the Big 12 doesn't want to expand. It's hard to find one team in a BCS conference that doesn't make the post-season in either sport. The Big 12 managed to find...and add...two of them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,534
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 12-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #889
Cochise Cochise is offline
MVP
 
Cochise's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $79957722
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
it is still a longstanding rivalry in college football and one that should continue.

The loss of rivalries is the saddest part of realignment although I do think Mizzou has gotten the better end of the realignment deal.

It will be hard for us to establish rivalries in the SEC like we had with KU.
I don't agree with any of this. The fact that we used to be rivals doesn't mean we need to continue being rivals unless it's good for us. The move to the SEC was better for our school in every possible way. It's not sad to never see KU again. It all is part and parcel to the profile of our program increasing.

The SEC schools consider all the other schools who are competitive in football to be rivals. In a conference like this, every game is a big game. The Florida fans have Georgia to hate, but they also have massive rivalries with Bama, LSU, and Tennessee, for example. People coming from the Big 8 environment don't really get this because it wasn't the way it was there, but being in the SEC replaces the model of having just one major rivalry. It's a different animal. Your rivalry is with the entire conference.

I think we ought to bury it once and for all. Living well is the best revenge.

Last edited by Cochise; 12-06-2013 at 08:51 AM..
Posts: 41,614
Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.
 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #890
SPATCH SPATCH is offline
birth of spatch
 
SPATCH's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2008
Casino cash: $39038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
I don't agree with any of this. The fact that we used to be rivals doesn't mean we need to continue being rivals unless it's good for us. The move to the SEC was better for our school in every possible way. It's not sad to never see KU again. It all is part and parcel to the profile of our program increasing.

The SEC schools consider all the other schools who are competitive in football to be rivals. In a conference like this, every game is a big game. The Florida fans have Georgia to hate, but they also have massive rivalries with Bama, LSU, and Tennessee, for example. People coming from the Big 8 environment don't really get this because it wasn't the way it was there, but being in the SEC replaces the model of having just one major rivalry. It's a different animal. Your rivalry is with the entire conference.
Yeah, but we had something pretty special with all of those big games between midwestern schools (Missouri, Kansas, K-State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Colorado).

But that's all been split up. The very center of the country has been split into four different parts. I still get upset about it. Texas ruined college sports in the midwest.

I used to be a big Mizzou supporter, but I lost a lot of interest after the Big 12 broke up (believe me, I do not blame Mizzou. Mizzou's hand was forced and they absolutely made the right move by leaving the conference. I blame Texas for this mess). It's just not the same.



Also important: the big 12 breaking up was not the only factor that caused me to lose interest. I lost a lot of interest in college football altogether because of ridiculous scores (lack of defense) and the shamateurism perpetrated by the NCAA. My alma mater also recently became an FBS school and I follow them more closely than before, as well. The Big 12 break up was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
Posts: 4,447
SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.SPATCH would the whole thing.
 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #891
'Hamas' Jenkins 'Hamas' Jenkins is offline
Emptying the Trash
 
'Hamas' Jenkins's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Casino cash: $199476
Missouri could still schedule Kansas. Just take the FCS team off the schedule and it shouldn't hurt the SOS too much.
__________________
A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try.
Posts: 57,438
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #892
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is offline
The Bitch is back
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $83790
They can't because Kansas refused. It's not up to MU.
__________________
Who wants to see Lebron in a gimp mask being a human bobblehead?
Spoiler!
Posts: 13,023
Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.
 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #893
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $187004
I've got no interest in reviving the rivalry. When your rival is that terrible, it can only hold you back. Just win tomorrow, and we're everybody's rival.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,534
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #894
mnchiefsguy mnchiefsguy is online now
MVP
 
mnchiefsguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Casino cash: $11132929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
The teams choosing to leave conferences are choosing to end rivalries.

There isn't an example out there that disproves that.
This is a lie and you know it. Mizzou has an open offer to play KU anytime, anywhere. KU refuses to play, therefore KU, and no one else, ended the series. Mizzou fans have moved on, but when you say stupid lying shit like this, it needs to be corrected. Conference affiliation is not necessary for a rivalry game to occur. Many, many bitter rivalries have been cited in this thread that occur between teams from different conferences.

Quit lying and man up and just say KU ended it. I know you won't, because you are either too stupid to do so, or lack the integrity, or both.
__________________
Posts: 6,826
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #895
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $129850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
They can't because Kansas refused. It's not up to MU.
Strange that Gary Pinkel publicly begs to play KU yet no one at KU seems to care.

I would just tell him and the MU fans to move on.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 12,127
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #896
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $129850
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
This is a lie and you know it. Mizzou has an open offer to play KU anytime, anywhere. KU refuses to play, therefore KU, and no one else, ended the series. Mizzou fans have moved on, but when you say stupid lying shit like this, it needs to be corrected. Conference affiliation is not necessary for a rivalry game to occur. Many, many bitter rivalries have been cited in this thread that occur between teams from different conferences.

Quit lying and man up and just say KU ended it. I know you won't, because you are either too stupid to do so, or lack the integrity, or both.
name one rivalry that has continued after a team left a conference in the last 5 years.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 12,127
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #897
mnchiefsguy mnchiefsguy is online now
MVP
 
mnchiefsguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Casino cash: $11132929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
I've got no interest in reviving the rivalry. When your rival is that terrible, it can only hold you back. Just win tomorrow, and we're everybody's rival.
Yep. Keep winning and everyone will hate you eventually.
__________________
Posts: 6,826
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #898
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $129850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
I've got no interest in reviving the rivalry. When your rival is that terrible, it can only hold you back. Just win tomorrow, and we're everybody's rival.
There's a first time for everything.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 12,127
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #899
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $187004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
There's a first time for everything.
Except for Kansas playing in the conference championship game. There was never a first time for that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,534
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #900
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is offline
The Bitch is back
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $83790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
I don't think Kansas is going to come knocking wanting to play football games anytime soon. The last thing they need when their program is a dumpster fire like it usually is would be a tough out of conference game.

I would be in favor of Missouri now and forever moving on from the former rivalry anyway. We are in an entirely new conference now, we are building new traditions and history. The old Big 8 was fun, but it's time to live in the present.

We don't really gain anything by beating a team that has only had a winning conference record 1 of the last 20-odd years. It will just reduce our SOS. We gave them a chance to continue playing each other, and they did the jilted ex-girlfriend act, so fine. We moved on and moved up. They can enjoy Wildcat fans filling up their stadium every other year if they need a rivalry fix in the fall.

I think we've got some interesting things brewing between ourselves and South Carolina, A&M, GA and FL. The neat thing about the SEC is that pretty much all of these teams are all rivals. All these series are hotly contested and competitive.

We don't need anything from them. Their football program has sunk back into the depths after raising the periscope for a few brief moments in the last decade. They are back to being the Duke or Kentucky of their conference. There really doesn't need to be any more ink wasted on Missouri/Kansas.

Why are wasting cyberspace on it then? Way too much to wade through for something that's over.
__________________
Who wants to see Lebron in a gimp mask being a human bobblehead?
Spoiler!
Posts: 13,023
Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.