Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 10:58 PM  
Taco John Taco John is offline
12on Paul
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Casino cash: $10101707
Claim: Census faked 2012 pre-election Jobs report

Census ‘faked’ 2012 election jobs report
By John Crudele

November 18, 2013 | 8:06pm


In the home stretch of the 2012 presidential campaign, from August to September, the unemployment rate fell sharply — raising eyebrows from Wall Street to Washington.

The decline — from 8.1 percent in August to 7.8 percent in September — might not have been all it seemed. The numbers, according to a reliable source, were manipulated.

And the Census Bureau, which does the unemployment survey, knew it.
Just two years before the presidential election, the Census Bureau had caught an employee fabricating data that went into the unemployment report, which is one of the most closely watched measures of the economy.

And a knowledgeable source says the deception went beyond that one employee — that it escalated at the time President Obama was seeking reelection in 2012 and continues today.

“He’s not the only one,” said the source, who asked to remain anonymous for now but is willing to talk with the Labor Department and Congress if asked.
The Census employee caught faking the results is Julius Buckmon, according to confidential Census documents obtained by The Post. Buckmon told me in an interview this past weekend that he was told to make up information by higher-ups at Census.

Ironically, it was Labor’s demanding standards that left the door open to manipulation.

Labor requires Census to achieve a 90 percent success rate on its interviews — meaning it needed to reach 9 out of 10 households targeted and report back on their jobs status.

Census currently has six regions from which surveys are conducted. The New York and Philadelphia regions, I’m told, had been coming up short of the 90 percent.

Philadelphia filled the gap with fake interviews.

“It was a phone conversation — I forget the exact words — but it was, ‘Go ahead and fabricate it’ to make it what it was,” Buckmon told me.
Census, under contract from the Labor Department, conducts the household survey used to tabulate the unemployment rate.

Interviews with some 60,000 household go into each month’s jobless number, which currently stands at 7.3 percent. Since this is considered a scientific poll, each one of the households interviewed represents 5,000 homes in the US.

Buckmon, it turns out, was a very ambitious employee. He conducted three times as many household interviews as his peers, my source said.

By making up survey results — and, essentially, creating people out of thin air and giving them jobs — Buckmon’s actions could have lowered the jobless rate.

Buckmon said he filled out surveys for people he couldn’t reach by phone or who didn’t answer their doors.

But, Buckmon says, he was never told how to answer the questions about whether these nonexistent people were employed or not, looking for work, or have given up.

But people who know how the survey works say that simply by creating people and filling out surveys in their name would boost the number of folks reported as employed.

Census never publicly disclosed the falsification. Nor did it inform Labor that its data was tainted.

“Yes, absolutely they should have told us,” said a Labor spokesman. “It would be normal procedure to notify us if there is a problem with data collection.”
Census appears to have looked into only a handful of instances of falsification by Buckmon, although more than a dozen instances were reported, according to internal documents.

In one document from the probe, Program Coordinator Joal Crosby was ask in 2010, “Why was the suspected … possible data falsification on all (underscored) other survey work for which data falsification was suspected not investigated by the region?”

On one document seen by The Post, Crosby hand-wrote the answer: “Unable to determine why an investigation was not done for CPS,” or the Current Population Survey — the official name for the unemployment report.
With regard to the Consumer Expenditure survey, only four instances of falsification were looked into, while 14 were reported.

I’ve been suspicious of the Census Bureau for a long time.

During the 2010 Census report — an enormous and costly survey of the entire country that goes on for a full year — I suspected (and wrote in a number of columns) that Census was inexplicably hiring and firing temporary workers.
I suspected that this turnover of employees was being done purposely to boost the number of new jobs being report each month. (The Labor Department does not use the Census Bureau for its other monthly survey of new jobs — commonly referred to as the Establishment Survey.)

Last week I offered to give all the information I have, including names, dates and charges to Labor’s inspector general.

I’m waiting to hear back from Labor.

I hope the next stop will be Congress, since manipulation of data like this not only gives voters the wrong impression of the economy but also leads
lawmakers, the Federal Reserve and companies to make uninformed decisions.
To cite just one instance, the Fed is targeting the curtailment of its so-called quantitative easing money-printing/bond-buying fiasco to the unemployment rate for which Census provided the false information.

So falsifying this would, in essence, have dire consequences for the country.


http://nypost.com/2013/11/18/census-...n-jobs-report/
Posts: 50,781
Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #46
The_Grand_Illusion The_Grand_Illusion is offline
Veteran
 
The_Grand_Illusion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Ad Astra Per Aspera
Casino cash: $18392
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
It does appear you are deflecting. And ignoring the facts that contradict the assertion of a faked 2012 pre-election jobs report.
Where the hell are you getting that? All this obama/democrat fail really has you off your rocker. The article's investigation isn't even complete but yet you still use it to deflect? You are going insane trying to defend so much fail.



TGI
Posts: 1,489
The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #47
Nightfyre Nightfyre is offline
MVP
 
Nightfyre's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Helena, MT
Casino cash: $88247
is there a way to assimilate un-righteously? Also, is the alchemical fire painful? Also, who is "us" and why would I want to be one of you?
Posts: 15,834
Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Nightfyre has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #48
Mod98Ban Mod98Ban is offline
Starter
 
Mod98Ban's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Casino cash: $4086
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
It does appear you are deflecting. And ignoring the facts that contradict the assertion of a faked 2012 pre-election jobs report.
Oh, so it's all fake, because you say so? Is that what happened with Benghazi, Fast & Furious, the IRS, the AP, the ACA, you can keep your plan if you like it, and so on, and so forth? You are a busy little cat, trying to cover up the heaping mounds of dung excreted from the POTUS, and his admin.
__________________
Posts: 258
Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #49
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is online now
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $124142
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Grand_Illusion View Post
Where the hell are you getting that? All this obama/democrat fail really has you off your rocker. The article's investigation isn't even complete but yet you still use it to deflect? You are going insane trying to defend so much fail.



TGI
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
As long as Jesus Christ was the president of the US and approved of it Yes.
Posts: 17,706
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #50
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is online now
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $124142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod98Ban View Post
Oh, so it's all fake, because you say so? Is that what happened with Benghazi, Fast & Furious, the IRS, the AP, the ACA, you can keep your plan if you like it, and so on, and so forth? You are a busy little cat, trying to cover up the heaping mounds of dung excreted from the POTUS, and his admin.
There's really nothing to call fake. They make insinuations about a 2012 report and have nothing to back it up. And actually, there are facts that contradict the insinuation. You are choosing to go with the unsubstantiated insinuations and ignoring the facts. I'm open to facts backing up the insinuation. Just let me know when you have some.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
As long as Jesus Christ was the president of the US and approved of it Yes.
Posts: 17,706
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #51
Prison Bitch Prison Bitch is online now
The Bitch is back
 
Prison Bitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lees summit
Casino cash: $83620
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
There's really nothing to call fake. They make insinuations about a 2012 report and having nothing to back it up. And actually, there are facts that contradict the insinuation. You are choosing to go with the unsubstantiated insinuations and ignoring the facts. I'm open to facts backing up the insinuation. Just let me know when you have some.
Racism again, huh pal?
__________________
Who wants to see Lebron in a gimp mask being a human bobblehead?
Spoiler!
Posts: 12,989
Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.Prison Bitch is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #52
The_Grand_Illusion The_Grand_Illusion is offline
Veteran
 
The_Grand_Illusion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Ad Astra Per Aspera
Casino cash: $18392
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
From the article:

"So bottom line, there are some issues with the article itself (the meat doesn't match the explosive headline) and the data also doesn't quite line up. But we're still looking into it, and are eager to hear what the Department of Labor and the Census Department are saying."

Read where they don't think the article they are commenting on, adds up but neither to the numbers they are investigating. They then claim they are still investigating it. So really much ado about nothing you but in your crazy libtard manner, you'll try to spin anything for your party, you dumbass.

TGI
Posts: 1,489
The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #53
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is online now
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $124142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
Racism again, huh pal?
Did you have a stroke or something this week?
You might be having one right now. Call 9-1-1.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
As long as Jesus Christ was the president of the US and approved of it Yes.
Posts: 17,706
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #54
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is online now
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $124142
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Grand_Birther View Post
From the article:

"So bottom line, there are some issues with the article itself (the meat doesn't match the explosive headline) and the data also doesn't quite line up. But we're still looking into it, and are eager to hear what the Department of Labor and the Census Department are saying."

Read where they don't think the article they are commenting on, adds up but neither to the numbers they are investigating. They then claim they are still investigating it. So really much ado about nothing you but in your crazy libtard manner, you'll try to spin anything for your party, you dumbass.

TGB
Birther, show me what backs up the assertion that the 2012 report was faked.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
As long as Jesus Christ was the president of the US and approved of it Yes.
Posts: 17,706
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #55
Mod98Ban Mod98Ban is offline
Starter
 
Mod98Ban's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Casino cash: $4086
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
There's really nothing to call fake. They make insinuations about a 2012 report and have nothing to back it up. And actually, there are facts that contradict the insinuation. You are choosing to go with the unsubstantiated insinuations and ignoring the facts. I'm open to facts backing up the insinuation. Just let me know when you have some.
What part of "still under investigation" do you not understand? Something is obviously amiss, and you are just trying to bury it, because it doesn't fit your agenda. Rave on cat shit, cause you'll soon cover yourself up.
__________________
Posts: 258
Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #56
The_Grand_Illusion The_Grand_Illusion is offline
Veteran
 
The_Grand_Illusion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Ad Astra Per Aspera
Casino cash: $18392
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
Birther, show me what backs up the assertion that the 2012 report was faked.
Quit deflecting, go read the OP, you lazy bastard. Or go back to Daily KOS or Democrat Underground with all the other DUmmies that buy in to your bullshit. You know, the shit sandwiches that your democrat party keeps trying to serve up to Americans. There, you'll have more than plenty asking for seconds at those places.



Posts: 1,489
The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #57
Mod98Ban Mod98Ban is offline
Starter
 
Mod98Ban's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Casino cash: $4086
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Grand_Illusion View Post
Quit deflecting, go read the OP, you lazy bastard. Or go back to Daily KOS or Democrat Underground with all the other DUmmies that buy in to your bullshit. You know, the shit sandwiches that your democrat party keeps trying to serve up to Americans. There, you'll have more than plenty asking for seconds at those places.



YUMMY!! I hope to hell CommieMore chokes on the 10th one he eats.
__________________
Posts: 258
Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.Mod98Ban is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #58
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is online now
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $124142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod98Ban View Post
What part of "still under investigation" do you not understand? Something is obviously amiss, and you are just trying to bury it, because it doesn't fit your agenda. Rave on cat shit, cause you'll soon cover yourself up.
Reset this for a second:
I don't see anything supporting a faked 2012 report.
I see stuff that contradicts the assertion.
The original article making the assertion doesn't say "still under investigation," so I assume that's all they got.
I'm open to facts supporting that the 2012 report was faked.
Let me know when you have such facts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
As long as Jesus Christ was the president of the US and approved of it Yes.
Posts: 17,706
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #59
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is online now
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $124142
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Grand_Illusion View Post
Quit deflecting, go read the OP, you lazy bastard. Or go back to Daily KOS or Democrat Underground with all the other DUmmies that buy in to your bullshit. You know, the shit sandwiches that your democrat party keeps trying to serve up to Americans. There, you'll have more than plenty asking for seconds at those places.

What am I deflecting? An article without substantiating facts?
Hell, maybe the 2012 report was faked. Maybe Joe Biden wrote it up out of thin air while he was on the shitter. There's just no facts supporting such an assertion. Let me know when you have some.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
As long as Jesus Christ was the president of the US and approved of it Yes.
Posts: 17,706
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #60
The_Grand_Illusion The_Grand_Illusion is offline
Veteran
 
The_Grand_Illusion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Ad Astra Per Aspera
Casino cash: $18392
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
What am I deflecting? An article without substantiating facts?
Hell, maybe the 2012 report was faked. Maybe Joe Biden wrote it up out of thin air while he was on the shitter. There's just no facts supporting such an assertion. Let me know when you have some.


So much fail in your posts these days with all the obama/dem corruption going on. You are just getting batshit libtard crazier everyday.

TGI
Posts: 1,489
The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.The_Grand_Illusion would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.