Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Daru's Lounge > Washington DC & Vatican City

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 10:33 PM  
Chiefshrink Chiefshrink is offline
MVP
 
Chiefshrink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: donkey land
Casino cash: $12368
The Incoherence of Atheism - Ravi Zacharias



Ravi is the modern day C.S. Lewis.
Posts: 12,753
Chiefshrink threw an interception on a screen pass.Chiefshrink threw an interception on a screen pass.Chiefshrink threw an interception on a screen pass.Chiefshrink threw an interception on a screen pass.Chiefshrink threw an interception on a screen pass.Chiefshrink threw an interception on a screen pass.Chiefshrink threw an interception on a screen pass.Chiefshrink threw an interception on a screen pass.Chiefshrink threw an interception on a screen pass.Chiefshrink threw an interception on a screen pass.Chiefshrink threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:48 PM   #46
RedNeckRaider RedNeckRaider is offline
Got highway?
 
RedNeckRaider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $16737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
It does if you go around asserting there isn't one -- never mind what others may believe. Belief requires NO proof. The laws of the physical world do NOT apply.
So you're the dummy and your logic is an EPIC FAIL. Differentiating categories of things is part of logic too.
Have you heard the story about the teapot? Extra ordinary claims require extra ordinary proof. That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without any~
__________________
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"
Steven Weinberg~
Posts: 25,516
RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #47
Fish Fish is online now
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $17280
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
It does if you go around asserting there isn't one -- never mind what others may believe. Belief requires NO proof. The laws of the physical world do NOT apply.
So you're the dummy and your logic is an EPIC FAIL. Differentiating categories of things is part of logic too.
Sorry, but you're wrong.

You can be classified as an atheist simply by not believing theistic claims that are made on faith.

An atheist is someone who does not accept the theistic belief claim that god(s) exist. The theist accepts this claim on faith. The atheistic position is simply that the theist has not met an acceptable burden of proof for their claim. In other words, an atheist is an atheist precisely because he or she is not willing to accept the theist's claim on faith.
__________________
Posts: 26,928
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:50 PM   #48
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucPatriot
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $42739
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR View Post
Have you heard the story about the teapot? Extra ordinary claim require extra ordinary proof. That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without any~
It's a belief as in a conviction it does not require proof rergardless of whether or not it's an extraordinary claim. Imo, such an idea is above the laws of the physical world.
__________________
Posts: 63,155
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #49
RedNeckRaider RedNeckRaider is offline
Got highway?
 
RedNeckRaider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $16737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
It's a belief as in a conviction it does not require proof rergardless of whether or not it's an extraordinary claim. Imo, such an idea is above the laws of the physical world.
You are in over your head but by all means carry on
__________________
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"
Steven Weinberg~
Posts: 25,516
RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:52 PM   #50
Fish Fish is online now
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $17280
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR View Post
You are in over your head but by all means carry on
... never stopped her before.........
__________________
Posts: 26,928
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:54 PM   #51
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucPatriot
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $42739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Sorry, but you're wrong.

You can be classified as an atheist simply by not believing theistic claims that are made on faith.

An atheist is someone who does not accept the theistic belief claim that god(s) exist. The theist accepts this claim on faith. The atheistic position is simply that the theist has not met an acceptable burden of proof for their claim. In other words, an atheist is an atheist precisely because he or she is not willing to accept the theist's claim on faith.
Belief claim? WTF is that? Perhaps this is where your logic fails. Not that it's really needed for faith...not completely.

I already have said, essentially, that the atheist is not willing to accept the theist's belief, conviction, faith or whatever you want to call it. You're still making your own claim though.

I have no desire for anyone to prove their beliefs. Whatever feels right in their mind and works for them is all I need. Badgering people to prove their faith in god is about as socially acceptable has having lice.
__________________
Posts: 63,155
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #52
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucPatriot
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $42739
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR View Post
You are in over your head but by all means carry on
No I'm NOT. I could say the same for you, ya' know.
__________________
Posts: 63,155
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #53
RedNeckRaider RedNeckRaider is offline
Got highway?
 
RedNeckRaider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $16737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
No I'm NOT. I could say the same for you, ya' know.
Except you would be wrong twice~
__________________
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"
Steven Weinberg~
Posts: 25,516
RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #54
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucPatriot
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $42739
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR View Post
Except you would be wrong twice~
Sorry, but that's just your opinion.
__________________
Posts: 63,155
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #55
RedNeckRaider RedNeckRaider is offline
Got highway?
 
RedNeckRaider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $16737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Sorry, but that's just your opinion.
True and in this a correct opinion~
__________________
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"
Steven Weinberg~
Posts: 25,516
RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #56
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucPatriot
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $42739
FTR, I am not religious. But I'm also not an advocate for the philosophy of materialism, that the only thing that matters is physical matter. That, happens to be a belief system...and the SC has designated atheism protection under the banner of freedom of religion.
__________________
Posts: 63,155
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #57
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucPatriot
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $42739
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR View Post
True and in this a correct opinion~
An opinion is not fact. So it is neither true, false, correct or incorrect.
Now an opinion can be based on facts and those may be in dispute but the conclusion of the person is still an opinion.
__________________
Posts: 63,155
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #58
RedNeckRaider RedNeckRaider is offline
Got highway?
 
RedNeckRaider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $16737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
An opinion is not fact. So it is neither true, false, correct or incorrect.
Wailing away as usual I see~
__________________
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"
Steven Weinberg~
Posts: 25,516
RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #59
Fish Fish is online now
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $17280
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Belief claim? WTF is that? Perhaps this is where your logic fails. Not that it's really needed for faith...not completely.

I already have said, essentially, that the atheist is not willing to accept the theist's belief, conviction, faith or whatever you want to call it. You're still making your own claim though.

I have no desire for anyone to prove their beliefs. Whatever feels right in their mind and works for them is all I need. Badgering people to prove their faith in god is about as socially acceptable has having lice.
The only claim one has to make and still satisfy being an atheist, is that one doesn't believe the claims made by theists because they have no proof of them. That requires no faith in the slightest.

It's as simple as that.
__________________
Posts: 26,928
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:11 PM   #60
RedNeckRaider RedNeckRaider is offline
Got highway?
 
RedNeckRaider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $16737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
The only claim one has to make and still satisfy being an atheist, is that one doesn't believe the claims made by theists because they have no proof of them. That requires no faith in the slightest.

It's as simple as that.
The irony is they are atheist also so. Dismissing several gods themselves. The only difference is the atheists go one god further~
__________________
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"
Steven Weinberg~
Posts: 25,516
RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:10 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.