Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 12:02 AM  
Count Zarth Count Zarth is offline
Emperor of the Universe
 
Count Zarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $10240532
Ellen Page is gay

Well, that's interesting.

http://gawker.com/ellen-page-comes-o...ium=socialflow

Actress Ellen Page publicly came out as gay Friday evening, while giving a speech at Time to THRIVE, a national LGBTQ youth conference held in Las Vegas.

"I'm here today because I am gay," Page told the assembled crowd, which responded with a standing ovation and a long chorus of cheers.

"Whoo!" said Page, before continuing:

Quote:

"And because maybe I can make a difference. To help others have an easier and more hopeful time. Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility.

I also do it selfishly because I'm tired of hiding and I'm tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years because I was scared to be out. My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered, and my relationships suffered. And I'm standing here today with all of you on the other side of that pain."
Page is most famous for becoming pregnant by her awkward classmate Michael Cera, and for invading the dreams of a stranger alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, neither of which happened in real life, because she is an actress.

After her speech, the Human Rights Campaign, which organized the conference, congratulated Page on the front page of its website for "her brave decision to live openly and authentically."

Last edited by Count Zarth; 02-15-2014 at 12:09 AM..
Posts: 165,278
Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #151
Carlota69 Carlota69 is offline
MVP
 
Carlota69's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Casino cash: $1067970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
It is odd, especially when "I'm proud to be gay" is included. It really isn't much of an accomplishment.
So you don't think truly being proud of who you are, after growing up In a society that tells you you are not equal, you don't deserve the same rights we do, God hates you, you could,lose your family and friends, your career, you could be beaten and the perpetrators would barely be slapped on the wrists, you are told you are bad parents and the last goes on, if you are gay, isnt much of an accomplishment??? That takes a whole lot of mental strength and therapy to be proud of who you are when you are gay. To be proud is quite the accomplishment because the gays I know, have a lot of internal homophobia and addiction problems. Like drinking to kill the pain of not being "normal", and in the end, they kill themselves.

Maybe they say it out loud, so young gays can grow up Ina different environment, and hopefully become proud of who they are sooner than the old generation.
__________________
Women want someone who can make them laugh and protect them. So basically a Clown Ninja.
Posts: 5,961
Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #152
kstater kstater is offline
Custom User Title
 
kstater's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Casino cash: $10478134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
Odds on who will be the first CP member to come out?

I've got DoucheBaggins at 3 to 1 odds. He's the favorite, but there's a lot of darkhorses out there.
There's been several gay members here. And at least one transgendered person.

Last edited by kstater; 02-15-2014 at 01:04 PM..
Posts: 32,667
kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #153
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $473425
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
There's been several gay members here. And one transgendered person.
At least 2 of the latter that I can think of. The first, Hel'n, might have been before your time.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,743
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:04 PM   #154
Setsuna Setsuna is offline
Ronin
 
Setsuna's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gator Country
Casino cash: $141829
I'd turn her back.
__________________
RESOLVE
Posts: 10,299
Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #155
Donger Donger is offline
"Think BOOM!"
 
Donger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 33.675 N 106.475 W
Casino cash: $80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlota69 View Post
So you don't think truly being proud of who you are, after growing up In a society that tells you you are not equal, you don't deserve the same rights we do, God hates you, you could,lose your family and friends, your career, you could be beaten and the perpetrators would barely be slapped on the wrists, you are told you are bad parents and the last goes on, if you are gay, isnt much of an accomplishment??? That takes a whole lot of mental strength and therapy to be proud of who you are when you are gay. To be proud is quite the accomplishment because the gays I know, have a lot of internal homophobia and addiction problems. Like drinking to kill the pain of not being "normal", and in the end, they kill themselves.

Maybe they say it out loud, so young gays can grow up Ina different environment, and hopefully become proud of who they are sooner than the old generation.
Like I said, it's not an accomplishment. It's just who they are. I can see some of the logic of being proud to announce their sexuality to the world (kind of), but not "I'm gay and I'm proud of it!"

Graduating from Harvard? Sure, that's an accomplishment.

Winning a playoff game? Yes.

Getting a promotion at work.
__________________
I think the young people enjoy it when I "get down," verbally, don't you?
Posts: 75,437
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #156
Donger Donger is offline
"Think BOOM!"
 
Donger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 33.675 N 106.475 W
Casino cash: $80
And, they aren't equal and never will be.
__________________
I think the young people enjoy it when I "get down," verbally, don't you?
Posts: 75,437
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #157
Carlota69 Carlota69 is offline
MVP
 
Carlota69's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Casino cash: $1067970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Like I said, it's not an accomplishment. It's just who they are. I can see some of the logic of being proud to announce their sexuality to the world (kind of), but not "I'm gay and I'm proud of it!"

Graduating from Harvard? Sure, that's an accomplishment.

Winning a playoff game? Yes.

Getting a promotion at work.
You're looking at accomplishments as things you can touch, a degree, more money, a ring etc...but accomplishing happiness, being proud of yourself, and surviving the storm that follows because you risk losing many things, is also an accomplishment.
__________________
Women want someone who can make them laugh and protect them. So basically a Clown Ninja.
Posts: 5,961
Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #158
Carlota69 Carlota69 is offline
MVP
 
Carlota69's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Casino cash: $1067970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
And, they aren't equal and never will be.
And statements like that are part of the reason why it's an accomplishment for gays to be proud of who they are. When you say that, you are saying you are less than and unworthy.
__________________
Women want someone who can make them laugh and protect them. So basically a Clown Ninja.
Posts: 5,961
Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #159
New World Order New World Order is offline
Veteran
 
New World Order's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Casino cash: $20092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Like I said, it's not an accomplishment. It's just who they are. I can see some of the logic of being proud to announce their sexuality to the world (kind of), but not "I'm gay and I'm proud of it!"

Graduating from Harvard? Sure, that's an accomplishment.

Winning a playoff game? Yes.

Getting a promotion at work.

Exactly.

I would like to come out and say that I am straight.

Now, everyone create threads about me.
Posts: 2,366
New World Order has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #160
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $473425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Like I said, it's not an accomplishment. It's just who they are. I can see some of the logic of being proud to announce their sexuality to the world (kind of), but not "I'm gay and I'm proud of it!"

Graduating from Harvard? Sure, that's an accomplishment.

Winning a playoff game? Yes.

Getting a promotion at work.
"I'm proud of it" doesn't mean "I've accomplished something" in this context. It means "I'm not ashamed of the fact that I'm gay" and it's probably more about speaking to others who are afraid to come out and offering to be a role model for them than it is about anything self-focused.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,743
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #161
Carlota69 Carlota69 is offline
MVP
 
Carlota69's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Casino cash: $1067970
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
"I'm proud of it" doesn't mean "I've accomplished something" in this context. It means "I'm not ashamed of the fact that I'm gay" and it's probably more about speaking to others who are afraid to come out and offering to be a role model for them than it is about anything self-focused.
I agree with this.
__________________
Women want someone who can make them laugh and protect them. So basically a Clown Ninja.
Posts: 5,961
Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.Carlota69 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #162
keg in kc keg in kc is online now
oxymoron
 
keg in kc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: OP/KC/Whatever
Casino cash: $1361527
While I'm not gay, I would imagine the so-called pride comes from acknowledging something you've spent so much of your life hiding. The embarrassment is gone, the guilt is gone, the self-recrimination is gone. You can just be you, finally, and it probably feels pretty ****ing good.

As far as "equality" goes, I'm not sure what sexuality has to do with that, any more than race or gender. People are more than walking genitalia.
Posts: 51,155
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:26 PM   #163
saphojunkie saphojunkie is offline
MVP
 
saphojunkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Casino cash: $52470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
And, they aren't equal and never will be.
And that will just about do it. Welcome to ignore, you half-witted **** wipe.
Posts: 5,867
saphojunkie 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.saphojunkie 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.saphojunkie 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.saphojunkie 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.saphojunkie 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.saphojunkie 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.saphojunkie 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.saphojunkie 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.saphojunkie 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.saphojunkie 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.saphojunkie 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #164
KC_Connection KC_Connection is offline
MVP
 
KC_Connection's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Casino cash: $10216704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
And, they aren't equal and never will be.
What does this even mean?
Posts: 21,318
KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC_Connection Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #165
Donger Donger is offline
"Think BOOM!"
 
Donger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 33.675 N 106.475 W
Casino cash: $80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlota69 View Post
You're looking at accomplishments as things you can touch, a degree, more money, a ring etc...but accomplishing happiness, being proud of yourself, and surviving the storm that follows because you risk losing many things, is also an accomplishment.
Again, I'm specifically talking about "I'm proud that I'm gay."
__________________
I think the young people enjoy it when I "get down," verbally, don't you?
Posts: 75,437
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.