Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 PM  
srvy srvy is online now
Veteran
 
srvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: KC
Casino cash: $5762
2 cars I would love to drive 2014 Z28 and 2014 GT-R

Will never own but man it would be fun to drive them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqkyW...ature=youtu.be
Posts: 1,430
srvy has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #16
Radar Chief Radar Chief is offline
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.
 
Radar Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: In the box.
Casino cash: $5205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
I'm not a Vette fan - however the new c7 is pretty tight.
I'm digging the new Stingrays, and the new direct injected LS engine is pretty badass.
__________________
Like "Cool Hand" Luke I'm busting rocks.

__/|_/[___]
|/ \\_| ---OllllO
_( ))~-( ))-0--))
Posts: 22,356
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #17
Cochise Cochise is offline
Harbinger of the NWO
 
Cochise's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $5449
The insurance on that Z28 would leave you stinging for sure
Posts: 41,699
Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.Cochise threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:45 AM   #18
Big Poppa Payne Big Poppa Payne is offline
Radon Randell "Dreams"
 
Big Poppa Payne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lee's Summit, MO
Casino cash: $5420
I test drove a Ford Focus one time
Posts: 1,121
Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:47 AM   #19
Simply Red Simply Red is offline
SNR's battery back-up
 
Simply Red's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SO SO DEF HQ's
Casino cash: $6046
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by npayne1978 View Post
I test drove a Ford Focus one time


__________________
Ryan:

* The Chiefs have more player-committed murder-suicides than playoff victories in the past two decades.

* During last year's meltdown against the Colts in the post season, it looked like the injuries slider was turned up to 100% and they were carting bodies off the field like they were filming B-roll for "The Strain".

* Brodie Croyle (!) is the only quarterback drafted by the team to start a game for them since the mid-80's...and he barely beat out Damon Huard in the process. Croyle then promptly lost all six of his starts. He couldn't even beat out Tyler Thigpen once he returned from injury.
Posts: 40,420
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #20
Big Poppa Payne Big Poppa Payne is offline
Radon Randell "Dreams"
 
Big Poppa Payne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lee's Summit, MO
Casino cash: $5420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
Base model..
Posts: 1,121
Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Big Poppa Payne has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:50 AM   #21
Simply Red Simply Red is offline
SNR's battery back-up
 
Simply Red's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SO SO DEF HQ's
Casino cash: $6046
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by npayne1978 View Post
Base model..


__________________
Ryan:

* The Chiefs have more player-committed murder-suicides than playoff victories in the past two decades.

* During last year's meltdown against the Colts in the post season, it looked like the injuries slider was turned up to 100% and they were carting bodies off the field like they were filming B-roll for "The Strain".

* Brodie Croyle (!) is the only quarterback drafted by the team to start a game for them since the mid-80's...and he barely beat out Damon Huard in the process. Croyle then promptly lost all six of his starts. He couldn't even beat out Tyler Thigpen once he returned from injury.
Posts: 40,420
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #22
KC native KC native is offline
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $5807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post
Right, you donít just go twisting up boost and get 2000 HP out of a 600 HP engine. Aside from the fact the stock turbos most likely arenít going to move enough CFM to make 2000 HP, the engine has to be prepared for that kind of power, particularly the bottom end.
One of the biggest GTR tuners in the country is in the North Dallas suburbs, Jo-Tech. They've built a couple 2000WHP GTRs and they have the stages listed on their website with the costs.

Despite not being the biggest GTR fan, I'm pretty familiar with them.
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 17,317
KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:58 AM   #23
KC native KC native is offline
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $5807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
I'm not a Vette fan - however the new c7 is pretty tight.
Yes, I can't wait to see what the Z06 and ZR1 editions of the new Vette do performance wise. I have a feeling that the ZR1 is going to come out swinging at the GTR.
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 17,317
KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC native wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #24
Bewbies Bewbies is offline
Where's the flag ref?
 
Bewbies's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Casino cash: $5180
The maintenance bills on a GTR are off the charts. I'd stay the F away from a used one, no matter what the price is.
Posts: 6,481
Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #25
Aspengc8 Aspengc8 is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Casino cash: $5205
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
Complete with the computer that takes all the hard parts of driving a high horsepower car too. Don't forget that part.
That much power + AWD = driving a guided missile. Nissan figured its best to keep both hands ON the wheel, at all times.
Posts: 938
Aspengc8 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Aspengc8 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Aspengc8 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Aspengc8 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Aspengc8 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Aspengc8 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Aspengc8 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Aspengc8 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Aspengc8 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Aspengc8 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Aspengc8 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #26
Dunerdr Dunerdr is offline
Veteran
 
Dunerdr's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Casino cash: $5337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post
I'm digging the new Stingrays, and the new direct injected LS engine is pretty badass.
Aren't the stingrays lt based engines?
__________________

Adopt-A-Chief- Hussain Abdullah
Posts: 1,506
Dunerdr would the whole thing.Dunerdr would the whole thing.Dunerdr would the whole thing.Dunerdr would the whole thing.Dunerdr would the whole thing.Dunerdr would the whole thing.Dunerdr would the whole thing.Dunerdr would the whole thing.Dunerdr would the whole thing.Dunerdr would the whole thing.Dunerdr would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #27
Tombstone RJ Tombstone RJ is offline
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver
Casino cash: $5245
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Will never own but man it would be fun to drive them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqkyW...ature=youtu.be
good for Chevy!
__________________
ORANGE COLORED GLASSES ARE ALWAYS ON!

Posts: 3,367
Tombstone RJ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tombstone RJ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tombstone RJ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tombstone RJ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tombstone RJ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tombstone RJ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tombstone RJ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tombstone RJ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tombstone RJ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tombstone RJ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tombstone RJ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #28
Radar Chief Radar Chief is offline
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.
 
Radar Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: In the box.
Casino cash: $5205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Aren't the stingrays lt based engines?
No, the new Stingrays are using the 6.2L direct injected LS that makes more power than the 7.0L engine LS in previous Corvettes. It also gets better gas mileage with fewer emissions.
__________________
Like "Cool Hand" Luke I'm busting rocks.

__/|_/[___]
|/ \\_| ---OllllO
_( ))~-( ))-0--))
Posts: 22,356
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #29
TEX TEX is offline
I SURVIVED Herm, Scott & Matt!
 
TEX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Houston, TX
Casino cash: $5704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post
No, the new Stingrays are using the 6.2L direct injected LS that makes more power than the 7.0L engine LS in previous Corvettes. It also gets better gas mileage with fewer emissions.
The Z06 will also be fitted with a Supercharger. Not sure what the plans are for the ZR1.
__________________
Welcome to the National FIXED League...
My new FAVORITE Numbers are 43 & 8...
Posts: 14,462
TEX has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #30
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Dyslexic Speed Reader
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $5432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
with a tune the GTR can grab close to 2,000 WHP. That's just ridiculous. I'd own one if I wasn't scared I'd go to jail.
Sounds like a bunch of shit that will break in no time. I would not wanna drive a 2k WHP car on the street....ever.

That number is just ridiculous. I doubt the suspension could even hook properly to make that much power worthwhile. It's not just the engine that would need some SERIOUS upgrading, it'd be the whole damn car. Im sorry, but there is just no way you can make a reliable 2Kwhp car for 30K. No way. Not happening.

I mean, sure, you can tune it to that and produce a fancy dyno sheet. But driving it around like that for daily use? Pfffff.....

We've built 1K+ HP cars here at at the shop, dyno tune them for a nice sheet, and then de-tune them down to 600-700 HP so our customers can actually drive them.

The amount of work that goes into the motor, chassis, suspension, trans, rear end etc is tremendous just to support 1K for a quick dyno run.
Posts: 19,040
Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.