Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 08:07 PM  
planetdoc planetdoc is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $25264
Life without Parole for nonviolent Cannabis conviction

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dai...efforts_co.php



Efforts to release Jeff Mizanskey, the only man in Missouri serving a life-without-parole sentence for a nonviolent marijuana charge, are continuing this month with help from Show-Me Cannabis and Change.org.

Show-Me Cannabis has bought billboard space on I-70 near Kansas City (and near Sedalia, where Mizanskey was arrested). The billboard features a photo of Mizanskey and says: "Life without parole for cannabis? It's time we fix our unjust marijuana laws."

Jeff Mizanskey was convicted under Missouri's "Prior and Persistent Drug Offender" statute, the only drug-specific three-strike law in the country. Each of his felonies were for marijuana, the largest being approximately six pounds, which he didn't even have on him. To read the details of Mizanskey's story, go to: How a Missouri Man Could Die in Prison for Weed
Posts: 1,989
planetdoc has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #76
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Dyslexic Speed Reader
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $449760140
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
http://directives.chicagopolice.org/....html?ownapi=1


Cook County Circuit Judge Catherine Haberkorn says this


you might think that there was no conspiracy, but the judge does not.



link
The judge is saying "Conspiracy" because the cops lied about following standard procedure. That's it. Period. The cops lied because they know they ****ed up. The judge is merely saying, "if they lied about this, what else did you lie about?". That in itself doesn't mean that they planted a pound of weed in the guy's car.

The guy was being monitored for drug trafficking. You don't get that kind of attention unless you're involved or around a lot of suspicious activity. The odds are pretty damn good that he was selling weed. The idea that cops are running around with bricks of weed to plant on people is such a pot head idea. It sounds like something i'd read in High Times and it sounds like something someone with an agenda would say.

It's far, far more likely that he was selling weed, the cops got too excited and ****ed up their bust.

This story does absolutely nothing for the fight against prohibition and as a smoker myself, i couldn't care less if the guy goes to jail for trafficking that much weed. I support recreational, legal use, not black market drug trafficking.
Posts: 18,983
Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:07 AM   #77
planetdoc planetdoc is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $25264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
The judge is saying "Conspiracy" because the cops lied about following standard procedure. That's it. Period.
they lied under oath about the entire case. The entire case is fabricated. link

they essentially had the defendant under observation but failed to get a warrant for a search. They said the reason for the traffic stop was "failure to use turn signal" and probable cause for search was "smelling marijuana." The video evidence contradicts that.

Rights violated:
4th ammendment (searches and seizures without warrant)
right to discovery (evidence regarding basis of stop fabricated)
perjury by witnesses in criminal case.

you can call it failing to "follow procedure." I call it illegal and undermining the criminal justice system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I support recreational, legal use, not black market drug trafficking.
there is only a black market because in some places (such as Illinois) it is not legal.

what you are saying is the equivalent of someone during prohibition saying, " I am an alcohol drinker. I support recreational, legal use, not black market alcohol trafficking." Its hypocritical because, at one point, it was illegal throughout the USA.
Posts: 1,989
planetdoc has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #78
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Dyslexic Speed Reader
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $449760140
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
they lied under oath about the entire case. The entire case is fabricated. link

they essentially had the defendant under observation but failed to get a warrant for a search. They said the reason for the traffic stop was "failure to use turn signal" and probable cause for search was "smelling marijuana." The video evidence contradicts that.

Rights violated:
4th ammendment (searches and seizures without warrant)
right to discovery (evidence regarding basis of stop fabricated)
perjury by witnesses in criminal case.

you can call it failing to "follow procedure." I call it illegal and undermining the criminal justice system.



there is only a black market because in some places (such as Illinois) it is not legal.

what you are saying is the equivalent of someone during prohibition saying, " I am an alcohol drinker. I support recreational, legal use, not black market alcohol trafficking." Its hypocritical because, at one point, it was illegal throughout the USA.
Where does it say the entire story is fabricated? They lied about the order of events. They searched the car w/o a warrant (Not following procedure). That's what caused the case to be dismissed. Again, they knew they had something, didn't follow proper procedure and lied to cover their ass. That does not equate to conspiracy. It equates to being stupid about their bust. The cops were tipped off by a narcotics agent and got too ahead of themselves. I've seen cops do this before with my father.

The "defendent" has priors and has already been convicted for drug trafficking. But i'm sure it was just those big, bad cops out to conspire against and plant drugs on a ****a, huh?

Did the cops **** up? of course they did. That doesn't absolve the guy or mean he was conspired against.

Casey Anthony wasn't convicted, but that doesn't mean that she's not a killer.

This guy got he case thrown out. That doesn't mean he's not selling drugs by the pound. He's been in jail several times before, and they'll get him again. Next time, they'll probably do it right.
Posts: 18,983
Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #79
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Dyslexic Speed Reader
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $449760140
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
they lied under oath about the entire case. The entire case is fabricated. link



what you are saying is the equivalent of someone during prohibition saying, " I am an alcohol drinker. I support recreational, legal use, not black market alcohol trafficking." Its hypocritical because, at one point, it was illegal throughout the USA.
There is a lot of illegal activity around trafficking that kind of quantity. We are trying to move towards one goal. A safe, legal, consumer driven MJ market. I grew up around this shit. My dad was a trafficker for weed, meth and Heroin. He would take me with him all the time because he thought the cops wouldn't go after him with a kid in the car. I'm very well aware that while weed itself isn't that bad, this kind of black market that deals in these quantaties is toxic for communities and it needs to go away.

I want MJ legalized not because i think MJ is some great cure for cancer, or because i want to smoke pot freely wherever...i want it legalized so we can take the money and power away from people like this defendant here.

You can call me hypocritical all you want, but there is a right and wrong way to do things. Just because the cops ****ed up and didn't do it the right way, that doesn't absolve this guy.
Posts: 18,983
Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #80
htismaqe htismaqe is online now
Ask JASON about Tony's cock...
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $1109154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
There is a lot of illegal activity around trafficking that kind of quantity. We are trying to move towards one goal. A safe, legal, consumer driven MJ market. I grew up around this shit. My dad was a trafficker for weed, meth and Heroin. He would take me with him all the time because he thought the cops wouldn't go after him with a kid in the car. I'm very well aware that while weed itself isn't that bad, this kind of black market that deals in these quantaties is toxic for communities and it needs to go away.

I want MJ legalized not because i think MJ is some great cure for cancer, or because i want to smoke pot freely wherever...i want it legalized so we can take the money and power away from people like this defendant here.
Excellent post.
Posts: 61,099
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:30 AM   #81
htismaqe htismaqe is online now
Ask JASON about Tony's cock...
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $1109154
As somebody that feels STRONGLY about the legalization of marijuana, this guy is a ****ing hurdle.

We don't need guys like him being spokespeople for the movement. At all.
Posts: 61,099
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:30 AM   #82
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Dyslexic Speed Reader
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $449760140
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
As somebody that feels STRONGLY about the legalization of marijuana, this guy is a ****ing hurdle.

We don't need guys like him being spokespeople for the movement. At all.
EXACTLY.
Posts: 18,983
Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #83
notorious notorious is offline
I Lay Wood for a Living
 
notorious's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Who knows?
Casino cash: $1884
Detoxing wins today. Excellent post.
Posts: 30,203
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:43 AM   #84
BigMeatballDave BigMeatballDave is online now
That's a spicy meatball!
 
BigMeatballDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $8033
I agree with everything that Detoxing has posted.

I think that Life for MJ trafficking is a travesty.

No doubt the guy is an idiot, though.
Posts: 50,595
BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #85
J Diddy J Diddy is offline
One Groovy Cat
 
J Diddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Pitt State baby
Casino cash: $166623
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
1. MLK didnt limit his ideas to civil rights and segregation. He has a lot of quotes and speeches in regards to unjust laws.

2. I would think MLK would be in favor of cannabis reform. The history of the laws itself were written to unfairly target minorities (mainly African Americans).

Most people don't know much about the famed MLK speech where he plainly says "I have a dream to smoke a spliff on the mountain top."
Posts: 29,288
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:34 PM   #86
htismaqe htismaqe is online now
Ask JASON about Tony's cock...
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chiefsplanet
Casino cash: $1109154
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCD View Post
I agree with everything that Detoxing has posted.

I think that Life for MJ trafficking is a travesty.

No doubt the guy is an idiot, though.
I agree with you.

The only thing I would add is that he's not really serving a life sentence for trafficking weed.

He's serving a life sentence because he was too stupid to STOP trafficking weed.
Posts: 61,099
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #87
BigMeatballDave BigMeatballDave is online now
That's a spicy meatball!
 
BigMeatballDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $8033
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I agree with you.

The only thing I would add is that he's not really serving a life sentence for trafficking weed.

He's serving a life sentence because he was too stupid to STOP trafficking weed.
Heh, yeah. Good point.
Posts: 50,595
BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigMeatballDave has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #88
planetdoc planetdoc is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $25264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Where does it say the entire story is fabricated? They lied about the order of events. They searched the car w/o a warrant (Not following procedure).
They didnt just lie about the ORDER of events. They lied about EVENTS as I've made clear before. They didnt have a warrant. They faked probable cause for the search (smelling marijuana).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
That's what caused the case to be dismissed. Again, they knew they had something, didn't follow proper procedure and lied to cover their ass.
they is incorrect. They lied under oath, and it was proven wrong by video evidence AFTER they lied. It wasnt a "lie to cover their ass", they lied to fabricate the events that transpired (such as the legality of search due to probable cause).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
That does not equate to conspiracy.
when 5 officers say the same lie (as the judge accused) that is a conspiracy to commit a crime (perjury). The officers perjured themselves, and they may have conspired as a group to give false testimony in the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
The "defendent" has priors and has already been convicted for drug trafficking. But i'm sure it was just those big, bad cops out to conspire against and plant drugs on a ****a, huh?
I never said drugs were planted. I think you are ignorant of the meaning of the legal definition of "conspiracy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Did the cops **** up? of course they did. That doesn't absolve the guy or mean he was conspired against.
yes it does absolve the guy and it does mean he was conspired against. refrence fruit of the poisonous tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Casey Anthony wasn't convicted, but that doesn't mean that she's not a killer.
legally she is not. morally is between her and God.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
This guy got he case thrown out. That doesn't mean he's not selling drugs by the pound. He's been in jail several times before, and they'll get him again. Next time, they'll probably do it right.
that may be. I would hope law enforcement authorities dont stoop to breaking the law to catch other law breakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
i want it legalized so we can take the money and power away from people like this defendant here.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
You can call me hypocritical all you want, but there is a right and wrong way to do things. Just because the cops ****ed up and didn't do it the right way, that doesn't absolve this guy.
this is simple economics. Making things illegal just restricts supply, and black markets will work on meeting demand. That is the case with drugs, prostitution, piracy, etc. Putting the blame entirely on those meeting the demand is disingenous when its policies that are creating the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Bull View Post
Most people don't know much about the famed MLK speech where he plainly says "I have a dream to smoke a spliff on the mountain top."
so do you disagree with what MLK said? you and others fail to address the content of his words and instead dismiss it based on the author. Here it is below for further reference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Luther King Jr.
A just law is a man made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God. An unjust law is a code that is out of harmony with the moral law. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
Posts: 1,989
planetdoc has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #89
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Dyslexic Speed Reader
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $449760140
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetdoc View Post
They didnt just lie about the ORDER of events. They lied about EVENTS as I've made clear before. They didnt have a warrant. They faked probable cause for the search (smelling marijuana).



they is incorrect. They lied under oath, and it was proven wrong by video evidence AFTER they lied. It wasnt a "lie to cover their ass", they lied to fabricate the events that transpired (such as the legality of search due to probable cause).



when 5 officers say the same lie (as the judge accused) that is a conspiracy to commit a crime (perjury). The officers perjured themselves, and they may have conspired as a group to give false testimony in the case.



I never said drugs were planted. I think you are ignorant of the meaning of the legal definition of "conspiracy."



yes it does absolve the guy and it does mean he was conspired against. refrence fruit of the poisonous tree.



legally she is not. morally is between her and God.




that may be. I would hope law enforcement authorities dont stoop to breaking the law to catch other law breakers.



I agree.



this is simple economics. Making things illegal just restricts supply, and black markets will work on meeting demand. That is the case with drugs, prostitution, piracy, etc. Putting the blame entirely on those meeting the demand is disingenous when its policies that are creating the problem.



so do you disagree with what MLK said? you and others fail to address the content of his words and instead dismiss it based on the author. Here it is below for further reference.

What is your point? What are you arguing about? That the cops ****ed up?

Ok, yes, i think we can all agree on that. The cops ****ed up and didn't abide by the law to bust their man. And....?
Posts: 18,983
Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #90
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Dyslexic Speed Reader
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $449760140
The fact that the cops ****ed up and acted too quickly doesn't change the fact that the dude was trafficking a brick.

Due to our legal process, the guy ****ed up and got caught doing something illegal and was able to get away with it.

How does that help MJ prohibition?

All it proves is that the cops were right but were to stupid to follow procedure.

Again, how does that help the cause?
Posts: 18,983
Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Detoxing has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.