Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 05:50 PM  
stonedstooge stonedstooge is offline
Arf! Arf! Arf!
 
stonedstooge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North
Casino cash: $18811
****Official Mizzou Head Basketball Coach Search****

Thought I'd start a new one of these. The old one is infected with the Haith Aids plus it had the wrong number of astericks.
Posts: 22,473
stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #136
CoMoChief CoMoChief is offline
The Revolution Has Begun
 
CoMoChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $9897
Hiring Kim Anderson would be a dumber decision that it was to hire Frank Haith.

MU would actually be degressing further if they hired Anderson. Can't even imagine the crap players he'd bring in....it would be comical to say the least.
__________________
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: RT Donald Stephenson #79
Posts: 31,137
CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:26 PM   #137
TribalElder TribalElder is offline
Central Missouri Mules!
 
TribalElder's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: National Champions
Casino cash: $23180
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
Hiring Kim Anderson would be a dumber decision that it was to hire Frank Haith.

MU would actually be degressing further if they hired Anderson. Can't even imagine the crap players he'd bring in....it would be comical to say the least.
He would probably at least win a ncaa game tho

I hope they do not hire Anderson
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpasco View Post
All us Mizzou fans knows how this ends
Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
holy **** that was a bullshit call
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoman View Post
Being the resident Tacoman, I feel obligated to point out that TribalElder knows what's up.
Posts: 11,543
TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:27 PM   #138
'Hamas' Jenkins 'Hamas' Jenkins is offline
For Oscar
 
'Hamas' Jenkins's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Casino cash: $19137
I don't know why everyone is whipping themselves into a froth over Kim Anderson.

Alden would almost certainly never hire him. He has to feign interest in order to appease dipshit true fans who also think that Trent Green should be the OC of the Chiefs.

And let's say the impossible actually occurs and Anderson is the guy. That will mean two things: 1) Alden will almost certainly be fired in a few years and 2) You don't have to waste 100 hours a year following/thinking about MU basketball.
Posts: 59,809
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:48 PM   #139
TribalElder TribalElder is offline
Central Missouri Mules!
 
TribalElder's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: National Champions
Casino cash: $23180
He was directly a part of 2 of Mizzou's 3 elite 8 appearances. I hope Mizzou stays the **** away. He turned Centrals program around and made the rest of the miaa his bitch, the winningest coach in ucm history. I will be bumming if he leaves to go to Mizzou. I hope they hire some big name and stay the **** away from Mr Anderson




In his 12th season at the University of Central Missouri, Kim Anderson has built the Mulesí program into one of the most respected programs in the MIAA and all of NCAA Division II.

He has won more games than any other coach in school history with a 244-90 (.731) career record. He has guided the Mules to two Final Fours, five MIAA Regular Season championships, four MIAA Tournament titles and has won at least 24 games five times. His five MIAA crowns are the most for any coach in UCM history.

Andersonís .731 overall winning percentage ranks fourth among all active NCAA-II coaches and 20th all-time.

Last season, he led the Mules to a 22-8 overall record and a share of their second straight league championship. It was the 23rd MIAA title in school history as UCM went 13-5 in league play. The Mules also captured the MIAA Tournament title, the fourth under Anderson, and advanced to their sixth NCAA Tournament in the last nine seasons.

In 2011-12, Anderson led the Mules a 19-8 record and a share of the 22nd MIAA title in school history at 15-5 in league play. The Mules had a nine-game winning streak during the season and won their final three games of the regular season to claim a piece of the conference crown.

In 2010-11, he led the Mules an 18-11 record, including 13-9 and a fifth place finish in the MIAA.

In 2009-10, Anderson guided the Mules a 27-4 overall mark and their first outright MIAA regular season title since 1984 with an 18-2 conference mark. The Mules made their fifth NCAA Tournament appearnce in the past six seasons and advanced to the Sweet 16 before falling in the South Central Regional Final. UCMís on-court success in 2009-10 earned Anderson his second MIAA Coach of the Year award.

The 2008-09 Mules won the second most games in school history finishing with a 30-5 overall mark. After a second place MIAA regular season finish, Central Missouri captured the MIAA Tournament title, the South Central Regional championship and advanced to the NCAA-II Final Four for the second time in three seasons.

The 2006-07 squad won a school-record 31 games finishing at 31-4 overall. The Mules captured their second MIAA regular season championship under Anderson, won the South Central Regional crown and advanced to Andersonís first Final Four and UCMís first since 1984.

Andersonís 2005-06 Mules finished 24-8 overall and second in the MIAA with an 11-5 conference mark. The squad won the first NCAA Tournament game since 1996 advancing to the second round of the South Central Regional.
In 2004-05, the Mules won their first MIAA championship under Anderson and the schoolís first since 1984-85 with a 14-4 conference record. UCM qualified for its first NCAA Tournament since the 1996-97 season. For his efforts, Anderson was named Wilson/MIAA Coach of the Year.

Central Missouri is 25-12 in postseason play under Anderson, going 11-6 in the NCAA Tournament and 14-6 in MIAA Tournament play during his 11 years. The Mules have hosted the NCAA-II South Central Regional twice during that span. UCM hosted a regional for the first time since 1991 during the 2006-07 season. A total of 15,700 fans packed the Multi to watch the Mules, including a crowd of 6,300 that saw UCM cut down the nets following a 67-54 win over Southeastern Oklahoma in the Regional Final. It was Central Missouriís first regional championship since 1984. The Mules hosted the regional for a second time following the 2008-09 season, drawing nearly 14,000 fans. UCM once again hoisted the regional championship trophy after a 98-63 win over Southwest Baptist in the Regional Final.

Over the past 10 years the Mules have won more MIAA games than any other school posting a 136-52 conference record. They also have the most wins and the highest overall winning percentage during that time with a 231-75 record and a .755 winning percentage.

Anderson has coached three players that garnered a combined eight All-American awards in Michael Hicks, Zack Wright and Sanijay Watts.

Hicks became the first Mule to play professionally since 1995 (Armando Becker) when he signed a contract with Franceís ALM Evreux in the summer of 2006. Ten more Mules since have signed professional contracts to play in Europe (Zach Wright, Theo Jones, Darryl Sommerset, Wadale Williams, Alonzo Brooks, DeíAndre Byrd, Alex Moosmann, Sanijay Watts, Esian Henderson and Kevin Wollbrinck).

Under Andersonís watch the Mules have transformed the UCM Multipurpose Building into one of the best home courts not only in the MIAA, but in all of NCAA Division II.

Attendance has risen from just over 900 fans per game the season before Andersonís arrival to a Division II leading 3,640 fans per game in the 2006-07 season. Last year, the Mules led the MIAA and were fourth in NCAA-II in attendance averaging over 2,500 fans per contest.

During Andersonís tenure the Mules are 141-21 at the Multipurpose Building, including 124-11 over the last nine years. UCM was a perfect 13-0 at home during the 2012-13 season.

Prior to coming to Warrensburg, Anderson spent two seasons as assistant commissioner of the Big XII Conference in Dallas, Texas. He was hired in July of 1999 as the Director of Basketball Operations. His duties included organizing and directing the menís postseason basketball tournament, serving as the conference liaison for the menís basketball coaches and overseeing the menís and womenís officiating programs.

Anderson served two stints as an assistant coach at his alma mater, the University of Missouri. Under his college coach, the legendary Norm Stewart, he was a part of two Big 8 regular season championships (1983 and 1994), a Big 8 Tournament title (1993), six trips to the NCAA Division I Tournament and an Elite Eight appearance in 1994. He was a graduate assistant with the Tigers from 1982-85 and a full-time assistant from 1991-99.

In between stints with Missouri, Anderson spent six seasons (1985-91) as an assistant coach at Baylor under former Pittsburg State head coach Gene Iba. The Bears made their first NCAA Tournament appearance in 38 years in 1988.

Anderson played collegiately at Missouri from 1973-77, where he was a part of Norm Stewartís first Big 8 Conference championship team in 1976. He led the league in scoring and was named Big 8 Player of the Year in 1977. Anderson scored 1,289 points in his career to rank among Missouriís top-20 all-time scorers. Anderson was an Academic All-Big 8 selection in 1975 and 1977 and won Missouriís George Edwards Award three times. An award given for basketball excellence, academic ability, citizenship and character. Anderson received his bachelorís and masterís degree in education from Missouri in 1979 and 1981, respectively.

He is a member of the University of Missouri Athletic Hall of Fame and the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame in Springfield as a player and in 2005 was named to the Mizzou Basketball All-Century Team. In 2011, Anderson and his sister, Kathy, were honored by the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame as one of the ďFilbert FiveĒ honorees and in 2012, Anderson was inducted into the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame as a coach.

He was drafted in the second round of the 1977 NBA Draft by the Portland Trailblazers. He played the 1978-79 season for the Trailblazers and also played professionally in France and Italy for a total of three seasons.

Anderson was a prep standout at Sedalia (Mo.) Smith-Cotton High School, where he had his jersey retired after twice being named to the all-state team.

His sister, Kathy, was a standout basketball player for Central Missouri from 1976 to 1980 and was a member of the first class inducted into Central Missouriís Athletic Hall of Fame in 1992. She is now Senior Associate Athletic Director for Internal Operations at UCM. His father, Keith, graduated from Central Missouri in 1954.

Anderson has been married to his wife, Melissa, for 36 years. The couple has two sons, Ryan, an Athletic Media Relations Assistant at North Dakota State and Brett, a senior at Missouri.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpasco View Post
All us Mizzou fans knows how this ends
Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
holy **** that was a bullshit call
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoman View Post
Being the resident Tacoman, I feel obligated to point out that TribalElder knows what's up.
Posts: 11,543
TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:59 PM   #140
BryanBusby BryanBusby is offline
MVP
 
BryanBusby's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Casino cash: $5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
He was directly a part of 2 of Mizzou's 3 elite 8 appearances. I hope Mizzou stays the **** away. He turned Centrals program around and made the rest of the miaa his bitch, the winningest coach in ucm history. I will be bumming if he leaves to go to Mizzou. I hope they hire some big name and stay the **** away from Mr Anderson




In his 12th season at the University of Central Missouri, Kim Anderson has built the Mulesí program into one of the most respected programs in the MIAA and all of NCAA Division II.

He has won more games than any other coach in school history with a 244-90 (.731) career record. He has guided the Mules to two Final Fours, five MIAA Regular Season championships, four MIAA Tournament titles and has won at least 24 games five times. His five MIAA crowns are the most for any coach in UCM history.

Andersonís .731 overall winning percentage ranks fourth among all active NCAA-II coaches and 20th all-time.

Last season, he led the Mules to a 22-8 overall record and a share of their second straight league championship. It was the 23rd MIAA title in school history as UCM went 13-5 in league play. The Mules also captured the MIAA Tournament title, the fourth under Anderson, and advanced to their sixth NCAA Tournament in the last nine seasons.

In 2011-12, Anderson led the Mules a 19-8 record and a share of the 22nd MIAA title in school history at 15-5 in league play. The Mules had a nine-game winning streak during the season and won their final three games of the regular season to claim a piece of the conference crown.

In 2010-11, he led the Mules an 18-11 record, including 13-9 and a fifth place finish in the MIAA.

In 2009-10, Anderson guided the Mules a 27-4 overall mark and their first outright MIAA regular season title since 1984 with an 18-2 conference mark. The Mules made their fifth NCAA Tournament appearnce in the past six seasons and advanced to the Sweet 16 before falling in the South Central Regional Final. UCMís on-court success in 2009-10 earned Anderson his second MIAA Coach of the Year award.

The 2008-09 Mules won the second most games in school history finishing with a 30-5 overall mark. After a second place MIAA regular season finish, Central Missouri captured the MIAA Tournament title, the South Central Regional championship and advanced to the NCAA-II Final Four for the second time in three seasons.

The 2006-07 squad won a school-record 31 games finishing at 31-4 overall. The Mules captured their second MIAA regular season championship under Anderson, won the South Central Regional crown and advanced to Andersonís first Final Four and UCMís first since 1984.

Andersonís 2005-06 Mules finished 24-8 overall and second in the MIAA with an 11-5 conference mark. The squad won the first NCAA Tournament game since 1996 advancing to the second round of the South Central Regional.
In 2004-05, the Mules won their first MIAA championship under Anderson and the schoolís first since 1984-85 with a 14-4 conference record. UCM qualified for its first NCAA Tournament since the 1996-97 season. For his efforts, Anderson was named Wilson/MIAA Coach of the Year.

Central Missouri is 25-12 in postseason play under Anderson, going 11-6 in the NCAA Tournament and 14-6 in MIAA Tournament play during his 11 years. The Mules have hosted the NCAA-II South Central Regional twice during that span. UCM hosted a regional for the first time since 1991 during the 2006-07 season. A total of 15,700 fans packed the Multi to watch the Mules, including a crowd of 6,300 that saw UCM cut down the nets following a 67-54 win over Southeastern Oklahoma in the Regional Final. It was Central Missouriís first regional championship since 1984. The Mules hosted the regional for a second time following the 2008-09 season, drawing nearly 14,000 fans. UCM once again hoisted the regional championship trophy after a 98-63 win over Southwest Baptist in the Regional Final.

Over the past 10 years the Mules have won more MIAA games than any other school posting a 136-52 conference record. They also have the most wins and the highest overall winning percentage during that time with a 231-75 record and a .755 winning percentage.

Anderson has coached three players that garnered a combined eight All-American awards in Michael Hicks, Zack Wright and Sanijay Watts.

Hicks became the first Mule to play professionally since 1995 (Armando Becker) when he signed a contract with Franceís ALM Evreux in the summer of 2006. Ten more Mules since have signed professional contracts to play in Europe (Zach Wright, Theo Jones, Darryl Sommerset, Wadale Williams, Alonzo Brooks, DeíAndre Byrd, Alex Moosmann, Sanijay Watts, Esian Henderson and Kevin Wollbrinck).

Under Andersonís watch the Mules have transformed the UCM Multipurpose Building into one of the best home courts not only in the MIAA, but in all of NCAA Division II.

Attendance has risen from just over 900 fans per game the season before Andersonís arrival to a Division II leading 3,640 fans per game in the 2006-07 season. Last year, the Mules led the MIAA and were fourth in NCAA-II in attendance averaging over 2,500 fans per contest.

During Andersonís tenure the Mules are 141-21 at the Multipurpose Building, including 124-11 over the last nine years. UCM was a perfect 13-0 at home during the 2012-13 season.

Prior to coming to Warrensburg, Anderson spent two seasons as assistant commissioner of the Big XII Conference in Dallas, Texas. He was hired in July of 1999 as the Director of Basketball Operations. His duties included organizing and directing the menís postseason basketball tournament, serving as the conference liaison for the menís basketball coaches and overseeing the menís and womenís officiating programs.

Anderson served two stints as an assistant coach at his alma mater, the University of Missouri. Under his college coach, the legendary Norm Stewart, he was a part of two Big 8 regular season championships (1983 and 1994), a Big 8 Tournament title (1993), six trips to the NCAA Division I Tournament and an Elite Eight appearance in 1994. He was a graduate assistant with the Tigers from 1982-85 and a full-time assistant from 1991-99.

In between stints with Missouri, Anderson spent six seasons (1985-91) as an assistant coach at Baylor under former Pittsburg State head coach Gene Iba. The Bears made their first NCAA Tournament appearance in 38 years in 1988.

Anderson played collegiately at Missouri from 1973-77, where he was a part of Norm Stewartís first Big 8 Conference championship team in 1976. He led the league in scoring and was named Big 8 Player of the Year in 1977. Anderson scored 1,289 points in his career to rank among Missouriís top-20 all-time scorers. Anderson was an Academic All-Big 8 selection in 1975 and 1977 and won Missouriís George Edwards Award three times. An award given for basketball excellence, academic ability, citizenship and character. Anderson received his bachelorís and masterís degree in education from Missouri in 1979 and 1981, respectively.

He is a member of the University of Missouri Athletic Hall of Fame and the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame in Springfield as a player and in 2005 was named to the Mizzou Basketball All-Century Team. In 2011, Anderson and his sister, Kathy, were honored by the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame as one of the ďFilbert FiveĒ honorees and in 2012, Anderson was inducted into the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame as a coach.

He was drafted in the second round of the 1977 NBA Draft by the Portland Trailblazers. He played the 1978-79 season for the Trailblazers and also played professionally in France and Italy for a total of three seasons.

Anderson was a prep standout at Sedalia (Mo.) Smith-Cotton High School, where he had his jersey retired after twice being named to the all-state team.

His sister, Kathy, was a standout basketball player for Central Missouri from 1976 to 1980 and was a member of the first class inducted into Central Missouriís Athletic Hall of Fame in 1992. She is now Senior Associate Athletic Director for Internal Operations at UCM. His father, Keith, graduated from Central Missouri in 1954.

Anderson has been married to his wife, Melissa, for 36 years. The couple has two sons, Ryan, an Athletic Media Relations Assistant at North Dakota State and Brett, a senior at Missouri.
Ya'll can ****ing keep him
__________________
Posts: 6,380
BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #141
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $8180
Who is the leading NAIA coach? Have we contacted his secretary?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 46,987
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #142
GloryDayz GloryDayz is offline
Good luck KC Chiefs...
 
GloryDayz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lee's Summit, MO
Casino cash: $27850
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
He was directly a part of 2 of Mizzou's 3 elite 8 appearances. I hope Mizzou stays the **** away. He turned Centrals program around and made the rest of the miaa his bitch, the winningest coach in ucm history. I will be bumming if he leaves to go to Mizzou. I hope they hire some big name and stay the **** away from Mr Anderson




In his 12th season at the University of Central Missouri, Kim Anderson has built the Mulesí program into one of the most respected programs in the MIAA and all of NCAA Division II.

He has won more games than any other coach in school history with a 244-90 (.731) career record. He has guided the Mules to two Final Fours, five MIAA Regular Season championships, four MIAA Tournament titles and has won at least 24 games five times. His five MIAA crowns are the most for any coach in UCM history.

Andersonís .731 overall winning percentage ranks fourth among all active NCAA-II coaches and 20th all-time.

Last season, he led the Mules to a 22-8 overall record and a share of their second straight league championship. It was the 23rd MIAA title in school history as UCM went 13-5 in league play. The Mules also captured the MIAA Tournament title, the fourth under Anderson, and advanced to their sixth NCAA Tournament in the last nine seasons.

In 2011-12, Anderson led the Mules a 19-8 record and a share of the 22nd MIAA title in school history at 15-5 in league play. The Mules had a nine-game winning streak during the season and won their final three games of the regular season to claim a piece of the conference crown.

In 2010-11, he led the Mules an 18-11 record, including 13-9 and a fifth place finish in the MIAA.

In 2009-10, Anderson guided the Mules a 27-4 overall mark and their first outright MIAA regular season title since 1984 with an 18-2 conference mark. The Mules made their fifth NCAA Tournament appearnce in the past six seasons and advanced to the Sweet 16 before falling in the South Central Regional Final. UCMís on-court success in 2009-10 earned Anderson his second MIAA Coach of the Year award.

The 2008-09 Mules won the second most games in school history finishing with a 30-5 overall mark. After a second place MIAA regular season finish, Central Missouri captured the MIAA Tournament title, the South Central Regional championship and advanced to the NCAA-II Final Four for the second time in three seasons.

The 2006-07 squad won a school-record 31 games finishing at 31-4 overall. The Mules captured their second MIAA regular season championship under Anderson, won the South Central Regional crown and advanced to Andersonís first Final Four and UCMís first since 1984.

Andersonís 2005-06 Mules finished 24-8 overall and second in the MIAA with an 11-5 conference mark. The squad won the first NCAA Tournament game since 1996 advancing to the second round of the South Central Regional.
In 2004-05, the Mules won their first MIAA championship under Anderson and the schoolís first since 1984-85 with a 14-4 conference record. UCM qualified for its first NCAA Tournament since the 1996-97 season. For his efforts, Anderson was named Wilson/MIAA Coach of the Year.

Central Missouri is 25-12 in postseason play under Anderson, going 11-6 in the NCAA Tournament and 14-6 in MIAA Tournament play during his 11 years. The Mules have hosted the NCAA-II South Central Regional twice during that span. UCM hosted a regional for the first time since 1991 during the 2006-07 season. A total of 15,700 fans packed the Multi to watch the Mules, including a crowd of 6,300 that saw UCM cut down the nets following a 67-54 win over Southeastern Oklahoma in the Regional Final. It was Central Missouriís first regional championship since 1984. The Mules hosted the regional for a second time following the 2008-09 season, drawing nearly 14,000 fans. UCM once again hoisted the regional championship trophy after a 98-63 win over Southwest Baptist in the Regional Final.

Over the past 10 years the Mules have won more MIAA games than any other school posting a 136-52 conference record. They also have the most wins and the highest overall winning percentage during that time with a 231-75 record and a .755 winning percentage.

Anderson has coached three players that garnered a combined eight All-American awards in Michael Hicks, Zack Wright and Sanijay Watts.

Hicks became the first Mule to play professionally since 1995 (Armando Becker) when he signed a contract with Franceís ALM Evreux in the summer of 2006. Ten more Mules since have signed professional contracts to play in Europe (Zach Wright, Theo Jones, Darryl Sommerset, Wadale Williams, Alonzo Brooks, DeíAndre Byrd, Alex Moosmann, Sanijay Watts, Esian Henderson and Kevin Wollbrinck).

Under Andersonís watch the Mules have transformed the UCM Multipurpose Building into one of the best home courts not only in the MIAA, but in all of NCAA Division II.

Attendance has risen from just over 900 fans per game the season before Andersonís arrival to a Division II leading 3,640 fans per game in the 2006-07 season. Last year, the Mules led the MIAA and were fourth in NCAA-II in attendance averaging over 2,500 fans per contest.

During Andersonís tenure the Mules are 141-21 at the Multipurpose Building, including 124-11 over the last nine years. UCM was a perfect 13-0 at home during the 2012-13 season.

Prior to coming to Warrensburg, Anderson spent two seasons as assistant commissioner of the Big XII Conference in Dallas, Texas. He was hired in July of 1999 as the Director of Basketball Operations. His duties included organizing and directing the menís postseason basketball tournament, serving as the conference liaison for the menís basketball coaches and overseeing the menís and womenís officiating programs.

Anderson served two stints as an assistant coach at his alma mater, the University of Missouri. Under his college coach, the legendary Norm Stewart, he was a part of two Big 8 regular season championships (1983 and 1994), a Big 8 Tournament title (1993), six trips to the NCAA Division I Tournament and an Elite Eight appearance in 1994. He was a graduate assistant with the Tigers from 1982-85 and a full-time assistant from 1991-99.

In between stints with Missouri, Anderson spent six seasons (1985-91) as an assistant coach at Baylor under former Pittsburg State head coach Gene Iba. The Bears made their first NCAA Tournament appearance in 38 years in 1988.

Anderson played collegiately at Missouri from 1973-77, where he was a part of Norm Stewartís first Big 8 Conference championship team in 1976. He led the league in scoring and was named Big 8 Player of the Year in 1977. Anderson scored 1,289 points in his career to rank among Missouriís top-20 all-time scorers. Anderson was an Academic All-Big 8 selection in 1975 and 1977 and won Missouriís George Edwards Award three times. An award given for basketball excellence, academic ability, citizenship and character. Anderson received his bachelorís and masterís degree in education from Missouri in 1979 and 1981, respectively.

He is a member of the University of Missouri Athletic Hall of Fame and the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame in Springfield as a player and in 2005 was named to the Mizzou Basketball All-Century Team. In 2011, Anderson and his sister, Kathy, were honored by the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame as one of the ďFilbert FiveĒ honorees and in 2012, Anderson was inducted into the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame as a coach.

He was drafted in the second round of the 1977 NBA Draft by the Portland Trailblazers. He played the 1978-79 season for the Trailblazers and also played professionally in France and Italy for a total of three seasons.

Anderson was a prep standout at Sedalia (Mo.) Smith-Cotton High School, where he had his jersey retired after twice being named to the all-state team.

His sister, Kathy, was a standout basketball player for Central Missouri from 1976 to 1980 and was a member of the first class inducted into Central Missouriís Athletic Hall of Fame in 1992. She is now Senior Associate Athletic Director for Internal Operations at UCM. His father, Keith, graduated from Central Missouri in 1954.

Anderson has been married to his wife, Melissa, for 36 years. The couple has two sons, Ryan, an Athletic Media Relations Assistant at North Dakota State and Brett, a senior at Missouri.
Great Very long post!!
Posts: 25,095
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #143
TribalElder TribalElder is offline
Central Missouri Mules!
 
TribalElder's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: National Champions
Casino cash: $23180
Copy and paste was copy and pasted

Some info there most probably don't know and don't care to know
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpasco View Post
All us Mizzou fans knows how this ends
Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
holy **** that was a bullshit call
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoman View Post
Being the resident Tacoman, I feel obligated to point out that TribalElder knows what's up.
Posts: 11,543
TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.TribalElder has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #144
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $8087
Lol Kim Anderson can stay at Central Missouri..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Sure-Oz could ****ing track anyone in the country via Twitter. Dude makes me scared to leave the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
.
Sure-Oz in this mother****er. Resident Tweet master and maligned Royals fan.
Posts: 40,354
Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:57 PM   #145
Stanley Nickels Stanley Nickels is offline
Turkey can never beat cow.
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Casino cash: $8337
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I don't know why everyone is whipping themselves into a froth over Kim Anderson.

Alden would almost certainly never hire him. He has to feign interest in order to appease dipshit true fans who also think that Trent Green should be the OC of the Chiefs.

And let's say the impossible actually occurs and Anderson is the guy. That will mean two things: 1) Alden will almost certainly be fired in a few years and 2) You don't have to waste 100 hours a year following/thinking about MU basketball.
Outside of the increasing evidence that this hire will happen, this post is spot-on. What a joke. What an unbelievable embarrassment of a program. I don't give a **** what Anderson's DII record is, because it doesn't mean shit at this level. Hell, even if you DO think it matters for something, how can you then look past his team finishing anything less than first or second in his tenure? That war-and-peace biography says he finished fifth in their conference last year. Name a successful DI coach who would finish fifth in any DII conference. I'll wait. The elite DI coaches could take Generic Affluent Suburb High and beat the ever-loving shit out of NAIA teams.
__________________
Bacon-wrapped shrimp: My first-favorite food wrapped around my third-favorite food. I'd go to a banquet in honor of those Somali pirates if they served bacon-wrapped shrimp.
Posts: 5,811
Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:51 PM   #146
duncan_idaho duncan_idaho is offline
M-I-Z-Z-O-U
 
duncan_idaho's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $10981
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
He would probably at least win a ncaa game tho

I hope they do not hire Anderson
Unlikely, as he would have to make it to the NCAA tournament to win a game there.

And, if Alden makes the worst in a long line of shitty moves and hires Anderson, he's going to inherit a team that does not have a tremendous amount of talent, meaning it's a rebuild that requires a few years and bringing in some new talent to the program.

Considering Anderson hasn't recruited D1 for 15 years (Seriously, the kids he would be recruiting were in Day Care and diapers the last time he recruited a D1 kid), he was not a strong recruiter when at Mizzou, and the SERIOUS problems Missouri had in St. Louis under Norm Stewart (seriously, if they hire Anderson, it might be curtains for Mizzou recruiting in St. Louis again, to the point of not even getting a sniff from guys)... I just don't see him ever bringing in enough talent to be successful.
__________________
"You gotta love livin', cause dying is a pain in the ass."
---- Sinatra
Posts: 8,470
duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:15 AM   #147
BryanBusby BryanBusby is offline
MVP
 
BryanBusby's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Casino cash: $5110
I think Matter did bring up a good point.

Quote:
ESPN's Andy Katz reported Monday afternoon that Central Missouri coach Kim Anderson "is being termed one of a few finalists for the opening." The story cites an anonymous source and does not list any of the other finalists.

MU officials said over the weekend the search would not begin in earnest until Monday - but by Monday afternoon they already have a finalist? Also, early indications from sources involved was that Anderson was not expected to be a serious candidate for the job, much less a finalist on the first day of the search. Missouri athletics director Mike Alden interviewed Anderson in 1999 for the head coaching job when he instead hired Quin Snyder and has since overlooked the former Big Eight player of the year and longtime Norm Stewart assistant in the past two head coaching searches.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colle...02e1d6736.html

It'd be baffling to have finalists when your search is just starting to go full-swing.
__________________
Posts: 6,380
BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:20 AM   #148
KChiefs1 KChiefs1 is offline
ChiefsPlanet Pick'em Champ!
 
KChiefs1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mid-Missouri
Casino cash: $13943
Just got a call waking me up...it's Kim Anderson.
Posts: 10,128
KChiefs1 wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefs1 wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefs1 wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefs1 wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefs1 wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefs1 wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefs1 wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefs1 wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefs1 wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefs1 wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefs1 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:40 AM   #149
duncan_idaho duncan_idaho is offline
M-I-Z-Z-O-U
 
duncan_idaho's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $10981
Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
Just got a call waking me up...it's Kim Anderson.
I'm going to go to bed holding out hope that you're really annoyed that someone woke you up to tell you something that turns out to not be true.

But you know what? Should have expected this.

Because... Mizzou
__________________
"You gotta love livin', cause dying is a pain in the ass."
---- Sinatra
Posts: 8,470
duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.duncan_idaho has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:24 AM
PackerinMo
This message has been deleted by PackerinMo.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:16 AM   #150
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $8180
Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
Just got a call waking me up...it's Kim Anderson.
Shit. I knew Alden wasn't going to be able to get the true stud in the state out of Missouri Baptist, but I hope that he at least made the call.

I can assume only that Aden will do the presser with his pants around his ankles.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 46,987
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:12 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.