Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2014, 01:59 PM  
RunKC RunKC is offline
Just a humble bounty hunter
 
RunKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $21574
Colin Kaepernick gets over $100 million new deal

This changes everything
Posts: 7,534
RunKC Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RunKC Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RunKC Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RunKC Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RunKC Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RunKC Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RunKC Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RunKC Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RunKC Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RunKC Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RunKC Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #91
saphojunkie saphojunkie is offline
MVP
 
saphojunkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Casino cash: $9843
I'd love to see Justin Houston shut this dude down permanently when we play. Would serve the 49'ers right.
Posts: 7,088
saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.saphojunkie has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #92
Chief Roundup Chief Roundup is offline
Admitted Planet Junky
 
Chief Roundup's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Mtn. Home AR
Casino cash: $17851
We can pay Alex Smith, or we can franchise tag him for around 18 mil just for next year or we can draft a QB to keep a lower cap number for that position or go battle with Daniel, Murray or Bray.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaepernick View Post
I have to say, I MUCH prefer a moderated forum to an un-moderated forum.

This isn't a sports forum! It's an insane asylum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead View Post
Alex Smith is really talented. BIG arm, very mobile.
Posts: 7,802
Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #93
Jakemall Jakemall is offline
Veteran
 
Jakemall's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Casino cash: $10158
Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
I'd love to see Justin Houston shut this dude down permanently when we play. Would serve the 49'ers right.
I'll be there to see it if he does.
Posts: 2,345
Jakemall 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJakemall 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJakemall 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJakemall 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJakemall 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJakemall 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJakemall 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJakemall 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJakemall 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJakemall 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJakemall 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #94
Chief Roundup Chief Roundup is offline
Admitted Planet Junky
 
Chief Roundup's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Mtn. Home AR
Casino cash: $17851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
He wins games and keeps his team competitive. ultimately that matters more than stats.


Outside of a Manning or Brady, who are they going to get who can perform better?
Posted via Mobile Device
By this statement I suppose you are ready to pay Alex similar type money.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaepernick View Post
I have to say, I MUCH prefer a moderated forum to an un-moderated forum.

This isn't a sports forum! It's an insane asylum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead View Post
Alex Smith is really talented. BIG arm, very mobile.
Posts: 7,802
Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #95
ChiefsCountry ChiefsCountry is offline
The Insider
 
ChiefsCountry's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lake of the Ozarks
Casino cash: $38883
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerinMo View Post
When he has to become a pocket passer he sucks balls, this was a terrible deal, sorry. As soon as Gore is done he's going to look foolish out there.
They got Hyde and Lattimore waiting in the wings. 49ers are fine.
Posts: 30,731
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #96
PackerinMo PackerinMo is offline
Knights of Columbus that hurt!
 
PackerinMo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere in 'Merica
Casino cash: $17632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
They got Hyde and Lattimore waiting in the wings. 49ers are fine.
They're not going to be as good as Gore though, he's on another level.
__________________
Posts: 7,866
PackerinMo is too fat/Omaha.PackerinMo is too fat/Omaha.PackerinMo is too fat/Omaha.PackerinMo is too fat/Omaha.PackerinMo is too fat/Omaha.PackerinMo is too fat/Omaha.PackerinMo is too fat/Omaha.PackerinMo is too fat/Omaha.PackerinMo is too fat/Omaha.PackerinMo is too fat/Omaha.PackerinMo is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #97
OldSchool OldSchool is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Casino cash: $33375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
By this statement I suppose you are ready to pay Alex similar type money.
Qb contracts are filling the void left by the new CBA with the rookie contracts. Instead of paying ridiculous amounts for unproven rookies, teams are now paying ridiculous amounts for average to slightly above average QBs (Romo, Flacco, Stafford, Cutler, and now Kaepernick). All of these guys should be making around $10-13 mil a year on average, instead they're making $18+ mil a year.
Posts: 8,988
OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:28 PM   #98
Rausch Rausch is offline
Angry Drunken German
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $40921
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerinMo View Post
They're not going to be as good as Gore though, he's on another level.
Gore is pretty much used up and Hyde will be a better HB. I really like Hyde's upside in that offense...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 55,869
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #99
OnTheWarpath58 OnTheWarpath58 is offline
37 FOREVER
 
OnTheWarpath58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $19732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
By this statement I suppose you are ready to pay Alex similar type money.
If Alex was 24 years old with the potential to be a superstar, I doubt anyone would have issues paying him.

But because Alex is 30 years old and has never once shown that he can play at a high level consistently over his 8? year career - people do have issues.

Last edited by OnTheWarpath58; 06-04-2014 at 03:47 PM..
Posts: 51,251
OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #100
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $26784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
By this statement I suppose you are ready to pay Alex similar type money.
If that's the going rate for decent to above average QBs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 52,198
Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Deberg_1990 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #101
OldSchool OldSchool is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Casino cash: $33375
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerinMo View Post
They're not going to be as good as Gore though, he's on another level.
They still have their OL, which is one of the most consistently dominant units in the league. Iupati may be leaving them soon though, no way they shell out the $50 mil that it's going to take to keep him. They still have one of the best receiving cores in the league, but that doesn't matter much because they don't have a QB who can take advantage of that. The defense is still a top 5 unit as long as Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Willis, and Bowman are around.
Posts: 8,988
OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.OldSchool is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #102
Rausch Rausch is offline
Angry Drunken German
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $40921
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
Qb contracts are filling the void left by the new CBA with the rookie contracts. Instead of paying ridiculous amounts for unproven rookies, teams are now paying ridiculous amounts for average to slightly above average QBs (Romo, Flacco, Stafford, Cutler, and now Kaepernick). All of these guys should be making around $10-13 mil a year on average, instead they're making $18+ mil a year.
And the other side of the coin are teams that refuse to do so and draft QB's late in the 1st or 2nd and save that money.

If Jay Cutler had played for the Jets, Bills, or Seahawks would they have won more games or been better off?

Seattle won it all with a 2nd year QB and the Jets & Bills wouldn't have made the playoffs with a Cutler anyway...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 55,869
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #103
Rausch Rausch is offline
Angry Drunken German
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $40921
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
They still have their OL, which is one of the most consistently dominant units in the league. Iupati may be leaving them soon though, no way they shell out the $50 mil that it's going to take to keep him. They still have one of the best receiving cores in the league, but that doesn't matter much because they don't have a QB who can take advantage of that. The defense is still a top 5 unit as long as Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Willis, and Bowman are around.
I think Justin Smith is on his way out...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 55,869
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #104
Guru Guru is offline
Welp... Yeah.... Ugh...
 
Guru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Middle of the USA
Casino cash: $29567
VARSITY
Is this anything like the $60 mill guarantee for McNabb in Washington that turned out to NOT be guaranteed?
__________________
Same as it ever was.
Posts: 56,410
Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #105
Just Passin' By Just Passin' By is offline
MVP
 
Just Passin' By's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Casino cash: $25737
Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
I think he's saying it should be considered a 6 year deal since the seventh year (this year) was already under contract.

However, it would come down to whether the signing bonus can be amortized over all seven years he is under contract or only over the 6 year life of the extension.

Now... why the **** this is even worth discussing I couldn't begin to tell you. It's just arguing for arguments' sake. Shit is just semantics.
Jakemail is trying to make the contract more palatable by pretending it's a 7 year deal. He seems to need that crutch.
Posts: 11,770
Just Passin' By 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Just Passin' By 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Just Passin' By 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Just Passin' By 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Just Passin' By 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Just Passin' By 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Just Passin' By 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Just Passin' By 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Just Passin' By 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Just Passin' By 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Just Passin' By 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:48 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.