Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 02:23 PM  
Lbedrock1 Lbedrock1 is offline
Iron Giant
 
Lbedrock1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Conyers, Ga
Casino cash: $10733
Do the Chiefs have a chance to win it all with this Offense.

I think in order to answer that we need to find the worse Offense to ever when a superbowl and see if we are worse or better. Are we better than the worse Offense that won the Superbowl?
Posts: 555
Lbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #31
Chief Roundup Chief Roundup is offline
Admitted Planet Junky
 
Chief Roundup's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Mtn. Home AR
Casino cash: $6009371
It is a different era of football than the 2000 Ravens. As the offense is now we will be lucky to get a playoff win.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaepernick View Post
I have to say, I MUCH prefer a moderated forum to an un-moderated forum.

This isn't a sports forum! It's an insane asylum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead View Post
Alex Smith is really talented. BIG arm, very mobile.
Posts: 6,477
Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #32
Mavericks Ace Mavericks Ace is offline
Snoopy
 
Mavericks Ace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Casino cash: $61678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
It is a different era of football than the 2000 Ravens. As the offense is now we will be lucky to get a playoff win.
I really want to argue this point. I really do. But, I cant.

This offense I believe is what it is.

The interior of the oline, the limits on receivers, the limit at qb.

Needs a over haul badly.
__________________
Nominated for NOOB of the year. Didn't win!!!
Loser of MANY Debates.
Consistent. Always Consistent.

Im ADOPTING ALEX SMITH AS MY CHIEF FOR NEXT SEASON DAMMITT.
Posts: 8,918
Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #33
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $126999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
It is a different era of football than the 2000 Ravens. As the offense is now we will be lucky to get a playoff win.
I don't see how this team is built much differently than the Jets team, which was really, really close to a Super Bowl two years straight. And it's not like the Giants or Ravens have powerhouse offenses.

I see the Chiefs more like the Jets, than the Giants or Ravens (I've said before that Flacco and Eli are far better game managers than Smith). While I'm disappointed in our offense, I don't agree at all with people who say because this is an offensive era, offenses win championships.
Posts: 19,626
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #34
Mavericks Ace Mavericks Ace is offline
Snoopy
 
Mavericks Ace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Casino cash: $61678
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I don't see how this team is built much differently than the Jets team, which was really, really close to a Super Bowl two years straight. And it's not like the Giants or Ravens have powerhouse offenses.

I see the Chiefs more like the Jets, than the Giants or Ravens (I've said before that Flacco and Eli are far better game managers than Smith). While I'm disappointed in our offense, I don't agree at all with people who say because this is an offensive era, offenses win championships.
Those jets teams had a powerful offensive lines.

That to me was the difference.

THe Chiefs may have the worst oline in football.
__________________
Nominated for NOOB of the year. Didn't win!!!
Loser of MANY Debates.
Consistent. Always Consistent.

Im ADOPTING ALEX SMITH AS MY CHIEF FOR NEXT SEASON DAMMITT.
Posts: 8,918
Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mavericks Ace is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #35
keg in kc keg in kc is offline
oxymoron
 
keg in kc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: OP/KC/Whatever
Casino cash: $1361397
They'll be lucky to win (or get, with the remaining schedule) a home playoff game with the offense from the first 9 weeks. They don't do anything well. They don't have a dominant running game and they can't stretch the field. Has to get better.
Posts: 51,139
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #36
jd1020 jd1020 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Casino cash: $83435
Once this offense has time to gel Alex will be firing on all cylinders.
Posts: 13,192
jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #37
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $126999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
Those jets teams had a powerful offensive lines.

That to me was the difference.

THe Chiefs may have the worst oline in football.
Regardless of the offensive line, the Chiefs' running and passing games are about equally productive to the Mark Sanchez led Jets.
Posts: 19,626
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #38
Tuckdaddy Tuckdaddy is offline
from the southside
 
Tuckdaddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: cabot Arkansas
Casino cash: $55412
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
If we can earn a bye and homefield advantage, we'll have a chance.
I agree. We must get it or no.
__________________
ALEX SMITH FOREVER!
Posts: 5,880
Tuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTuckdaddy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #39
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $28874
This offense is terrible. No question. Alex Smith is a mediocre QB; the offensive line has often been far less than mediocre, and the "receiving threats" on this team are often underused and unreliable.

All this said, the ball seems to be bouncing the right way in every possible respect for the Chiefs this season, so I think it's entirely possible that we ride this momentum to a playoff victory.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 46,464
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #40
Anyong Bluth Anyong Bluth is online now
God among men
 
Anyong Bluth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Casino cash: $56710
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
If we can earn a bye and homefield advantage, we'll have a chance.
Not to mention that this year is the first time in decades that the Super Bowl will be played in an outdoor stadium in cold / winter weather in NYC - could prove to be a huge benefit to a team like this as it will be less than ideal conditions typically found in the SB for offenses to operate normally.

Either way, the offense has to be better, and home field would be needed to likely get a run going in winning playoff games.
__________________
Sports are to men as relationships are to women.

** user formerly known as Cocina_Basement **
Posts: 4,891
Anyong Bluth Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Anyong Bluth Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Anyong Bluth Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Anyong Bluth Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Anyong Bluth Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Anyong Bluth Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Anyong Bluth Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Anyong Bluth Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Anyong Bluth Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Anyong Bluth Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Anyong Bluth Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #41
Chief Roundup Chief Roundup is offline
Admitted Planet Junky
 
Chief Roundup's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Mtn. Home AR
Casino cash: $6009371
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Regardless of the offensive line, the Chiefs' running and passing games are about equally productive to the Mark Sanchez led Jets.
I would like to see those numbers because I just don't remember it that way at all. The Jets back then had one of if not the best Oline in the game. Thomas Jones, yeah that guy, and the Jets run game, mainly TRich, were pretty darn good. We do not have that kind of Oline or run game.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaepernick View Post
I have to say, I MUCH prefer a moderated forum to an un-moderated forum.

This isn't a sports forum! It's an insane asylum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead View Post
Alex Smith is really talented. BIG arm, very mobile.
Posts: 6,477
Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #42
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $28874
Oh, and a "single playoff victory" is KC language for "Super Bowl," according to Dayton Moore.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 46,464
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #43
Chief Roundup Chief Roundup is offline
Admitted Planet Junky
 
Chief Roundup's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Mtn. Home AR
Casino cash: $6009371
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
If we can earn a bye and homefield advantage, we'll have a chance.
hmmm not sure if serious. The best chance we have at a playoff win is to get a home game against the lowest seeded team. If you are referring to a SB win well then we better stay at home, still don't think that will be near enough to get to and win the SB though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaepernick View Post
I have to say, I MUCH prefer a moderated forum to an un-moderated forum.

This isn't a sports forum! It's an insane asylum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead View Post
Alex Smith is really talented. BIG arm, very mobile.
Posts: 6,477
Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Roundup Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #44
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $126999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
I would like to see those numbers because I just don't remember it that way at all. The Jets back then had one of if not the best Oline in the game. Thomas Jones, yeah that guy, and the Jets run game, mainly TRich, were pretty darn good. We do not have that kind of Oline or run game.
They had a pretty phenomenal running attack. For sure. So you're right. I just think the Jets model is a perfect example of a team that made it very far with a less than impressive passing game.
Posts: 19,626
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #45
Tribal Warfare Tribal Warfare is offline
The Boom Boom Room
 
Tribal Warfare's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Far Beyond Comprehension
Casino cash: $1077807
No
__________________
Posts: 28,189
Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.