PDA

View Full Version : Lost My Football Heart??

Mr. Laz
09-29-2004, 10:15 AM
sounds stupid... but seriously

normally i re watch all the chiefs game and see the good stuff,bad stuff on slow motion... try and see which player screwed up etc.

haven't had the energy to do it that last couple of weeks

normally i watch NFL Live, NFL Matchup ... pretty much every football program i can get my hands on.

now i actually turn the channel when they DO come on... my stomach twists all up in knots thinking about them showing highlights of our games.

always read the sports page....

actually skipped the sports twice this week

i can't even check out my fantasy football teams to make the necessary changes to it....... i lost in all 3 leagues this week.

:( Football Depression????? :huh:

|Zach|
09-29-2004, 10:17 AM
I am the same way. I have avoided the sports media. I just can't watch the 3 straight losses.

HC_Chief
09-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Time for a new team?

Hammock Parties
09-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Same here. It takes all my energy away just downloading DRU's clips and loading them up in my screensaver.

|Zach|
09-29-2004, 10:19 AM
Time for a new team?
No way...

Mr. Laz
09-29-2004, 10:20 AM
Time for a new team?

no, if i could just switch teams then the losses wouldn't bother me so much in the first place

HC_Chief
09-29-2004, 10:22 AM
Seriously. After a while a person can only take so much.

This organization has been putrid for much longer than it has been competitive.

It has been over a DECADE since KC actually won a playoff game. Over THREE decades since it won a championship.

AFCW titles and going 13-3 don't mean shit if it continually ends up in a first round exit.

Face it, KC fans are masochists.

morphius
09-29-2004, 10:23 AM
This last loss was pretty crushing, right now the whole, we have to lose 4 more times to be eliminated from the playoff's is keeping me going.

Pretty sad really.

|Zach|
09-29-2004, 10:24 AM

It has been over a DECADE since KC actually won a playoff game. Over THREE decades since it won a championship.

AFCW titles and going 13-3 don't mean shit if it continually ends up in a first round exit.

The only thing that would stop me from being a Chiefs fan would be them moving.

Iowanian
09-29-2004, 10:52 AM
Hey.............I'm a Chief AND a Hawkeyes fan.

walk it off.

Lord Bestyle
09-29-2004, 10:54 AM
So glad that I'm not the only one.

Gaz
09-29-2004, 10:55 AM
As bad as things are now, they have been worse and will be worse again before I quit being excited about the Chiefs. I have an entire off-season of collateral leveraged into this season and I am not cashing out until I get my equity back.

xoxo~
gaz
Stubborn old homer.

Iowanian
09-29-2004, 10:57 AM
Delt.......Seeing how handsome I am, and knowing how Modest I am, are the only things that keep me going some day.

good looking and Modest.

Gaz
09-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Good work, Iowanian.

You managed to make two guys feel better.

Three, if you count me giggling at ENDelt260’s slam.

xoxo~
Gaz
Painted over his mirror a while back.

Skip Towne
09-29-2004, 11:00 AM
I think I'll become a Rams fan. And change my name to Rambro.

ptlyon
09-29-2004, 11:00 AM
These guys obviously didn't live through the 80's Chiefs teams

Gaz
09-29-2004, 11:02 AM
These guys obviously didn't live through the 80's Chiefs teams

That which does not kill me…

xoxo~
Gaz
At least has some hope in 2004.

jersey
09-29-2004, 11:02 AM

HEY! Chiefs fans! Cry me a freakin river! :deevee: ;-) Call me when you haven't had a winning season in a decade. Always remember - it could be worse. You could be a Charger fan.

-Jersey (The Charger Fan)

HC_Chief
09-29-2004, 11:04 AM
HEY! Chiefs fans! Cry me a freakin river! :deevee: ;-) Call me when you haven't had a winning season in a decade. Always remember - it could be worse. You could be a Charger fan.

-Jersey (The Charger Fan)

lol

Doesn't help much... even the Chargers have been to a SB more recently than KC :(

but thanks for the laugh :D

Gaz
09-29-2004, 11:06 AM
...Always remember - it could be worse. You could be a Charger fan...

That needs to be someone’s signature.

A friend here at work lived in San Diego for years. Season tickets and the like. Aside from a slight stutter and that drooping eyelid, you could hardly tell.

xoxo~
Gaz
Counting his blessings.

Otter
09-29-2004, 11:10 AM
I see a group hug coming through the horizon and I know it's going to look somthing like this and I'm running for the hills to be miserable alone.

http://www.office-assist.com/~jarvis/woods2003/group_hug.jpg

Hammock Parties
09-29-2004, 11:11 AM
I'm having a pretty hard time dealing with how the season has started. I've never really experienced this kind of thing before...losing right out of the gate after high expectations.

KCTitus
09-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Ive reached apathy...it will or wont happen. No more emotional investment at this point.

HC_Chief
09-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Ive reached apathy...it will or wont happen. No more emotional investment at this point.

I'm pretty close to apathetic as well.

That would scare me more than anything else if I were an owner or GM: an apathetic fan base. One that is pissed & in a frenzy of "why in the #^$% did you make <i>that</i> stupid move?!?!" is preferable to a fan base that doesn't give a shit.

jersey
09-29-2004, 12:22 PM
lol

Doesn't help much... even the Chargers have been to a SB more recently than KC :(

but thanks for the laugh :D

I still have nightmares about Steve Young splitting our safeties deep. There's a part of me that would have just as soon had the Chargers miss going.

-Jerse (The Charger Fan)

sd4chiefs
09-29-2004, 12:36 PM
I am going to watch the Monday night game on my small TV in a closet so my family won't see me cry. :(

ChiefsFanatic
09-29-2004, 12:41 PM
I thought that maybe I had lost my football heart, too.

I did not want to hear about football, I hardly wanted to look at my fantasy teams (even though they won)

But then, I started watching MNF. Just flipping by every few minutes.

Everytime I had it on, Dallas was blitzing. So I left it on. Brunell made some great throws. Parcell called a trick play. Brunell made a DE look stupid.

Washington almost came back to tie it at the end.

The next thing you know, I just can't wait for more football, Chiefs first of course.

Even if we lose, I can't wait for the game to start.

Iowanian
09-29-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm a glutton for Punishment...........I'll hold out hope every sunday until the first week the Chiefs aren't in the playoffs.

I'm more stubborn during a floggin than Kunta Kinte.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Even if we lose, I can't wait for the game to start.

Yep.

Skip Towne
09-29-2004, 12:52 PM
The bad thing about apathy is that nobody gives a shit.

Iowanian
09-29-2004, 12:55 PM
My voice is still not back from sunday.

If it were a home game I was attending this week, I'd get one of those voice box vibration things that would make me cheer and shout like one of those robot bad guys from that cheesy 80's show..Battlestar something or other.

I'll be pissed off after every loss............and as the week wears on, I'll have my Enthusiasm refired, believing the Chiefs will win.

SECTION11
09-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Good Lord. Get it together people.

Rausch
09-29-2004, 01:36 PM
As bad as things are now, they have been worse and will be worse again before I quit being excited about the Chiefs. I have an entire off-season of collateral leveraged into this season and I am not cashing out until I get my equity back.

xoxo~
gaz
Stubborn old homer.

Ditto...

"The sweet ain't as sweet without the sour, man..."

tk13
09-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Well, we've officially gone to crap, we've got Cardinals and Chargers fans telling us to keep our chin up... :)

SECTION11
09-29-2004, 03:18 PM
We're dead last in every ranking out there.
#32 baby, with a bullet.

The frightening thing is that for the most part we're actually excited about the season.
Bring on the Saints. I'll be there.

Inspector
09-29-2004, 04:53 PM
I'm pretty close to apathetic as well.

That would scare me more than anything else if I were an owner or GM: an apathetic fan base. One that is pissed & in a frenzy of "why in the #^$% did you make <i>that</i> stupid move?!?!" is preferable to a fan base that doesn't give a shit.

I never made it to apathetic. Still stuck at plain old pathetic.

Deberg_1990
09-29-2004, 05:00 PM
No way...

We could all become Pats fans and root for the future 2005 Super Bowl champions??

philfree
09-29-2004, 05:01 PM
I haven't been watching all the swhows i used to watch but it's because of the NFL Network. I watch it instead. I do need to get back to NFL Matchup though. I like to listen to Jaws break things down. Not being able to TIVO the Chiefs games is really messing me up though. It makes me feel like I'm missing something not being able to watch the games twice.

PhilFree :arrow:

~Will never lose heart as long as Laz is around to call me a homer. :) ~

Coach
09-29-2004, 05:25 PM
A few things to help you cheer up is if some of you folks have tapes of 95 and 97 teams in the season. Watching them blitzing like crazy, ball hawking like crazy, it helps cope through some tough times.

Mr. Laz
09-30-2004, 10:45 PM
I haven't been watching all the swhows i used to watch but it's because of the NFL Network. I watch it instead. I do need to get back to NFL Matchup though. I like to listen to Jaws break things down. Not being able to TIVO the Chiefs games is really messing me up though. It makes me feel like I'm missing something not being able to watch the games twice.

~Will never lose heart as long as Laz is around to call me a homer. :) ~

ya big,drunk Homer

:p

TheNextStep
09-30-2004, 10:56 PM
My team went 4-12 last season, so I feel ya.

This is also why I can say with complete conviction that trash talkers who say "I'd rather miss the playoffs than get our asses kicked in the Super Bowl" are one hundred percent off their f***ing rockers.

Rick
10-01-2004, 08:21 AM
No way a true Chief fan can switch teams. I've never even had a second favorite. I could give a crap about wins and losses of any other team (except when AFC West teams lose- it benefits the Chiefs). What I am having trouble with is watching the same defense doing the same thing again. I didn't truly expect our offense to be as good- no way against this years schedule vs last year's schedule (and no new receivers). I hated watching our lousy offense during the days of our dominating defense, but I'd rather go back to it cause I just can't stomach not being able to stop anyone. When the game was on the line last week and it was up to our defense, I truly felt we didn't have a prayer.

Gaz
10-01-2004, 08:30 AM
Rick-

The game was on the line when the Offense failed to score at 21-21 and gave the ball to the Texans for the winning drive. Actually, the O had several chances to put the game away and failed every time.

This Defense is 3 games old, for goodness sake. You simply cannot put them in a position to win the game and expect anything good to come of it.

This team was designed for the Offense to carry the load. That has not happened and we are 0-3 as a result.

xoxo~
Gaz
Cannot understand why anyone would expect this D to win the game.

KCTitus
10-01-2004, 08:31 AM
...I hated watching our lousy offense during the days of our dominating defense, but I'd rather go back to it cause I just can't stomach not being able to stop anyone. When the game was on the line last week and it was up to our defense, I truly felt we didn't have a prayer.

EASY there big fella....I know it sucks, but let's not trade one miserable failure for another.

B2chiefsfan
10-01-2004, 08:42 AM
No matter how I feel or what I say, I'm still going to break the Jersey, put on the cap and watch my Chiefs. I love the Chiefs (Except Carl). Carl is the main reason the Chiefs are in this position. $9 million under the cap with holes desperately needing filled, plus a #1 draft pick riding the pine for the second year in a row.......WTF Carl???

philfree
10-01-2004, 09:02 AM
ya big,drunk Homer

Yeah I think you'll be alright.