PDA

View Full Version : KFFL:Eagles interested in LJ?..sorry if repost

Wile_E_Coyote
09-29-2004, 10:39 AM
<A name=191309>Eagles | Interested in L. Johnson? - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:25:56 -0700Adam Teicher (http://www.kffl.com/link/143), of the Kansas City Star (http://www.kffl.com/link/142), reports the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) have had recent substantive discussions with the Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.kffl.com/team/29/nfl) regarding a possible trade of RB Larry Johnson (http://www.kffl.com/player/5896/nfl).

Mr. Laz
09-29-2004, 10:43 AM
theres stuff flying all over...

all of them are still unlikely, it would take admitting to a mistake for the chiefs to trade Larry johnson and i doubt that carl peterson is ready to do that.

also it will take money to trade johnson(salary bonus) and then get a new player(like McCardell or McKenzie) and we dont have any money.

milkman
09-29-2004, 10:51 AM

all of them are still unlikely, it would take admitting to a mistake for the chiefs to trade Larry johnson and i doubt that carl peterson is ready to do that.

also it will take money to trade johnson(salary bonus) and then get a new player(like McCardell or McKenzie) and we dont have any money.

I keep reading on here that the Chiefs are 5 mil under the cap.

Seems like plenty of money to make a deal happen.

My only question is "Can Carl make it happen?"
I have serious doubts in that area.

jspchief
09-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Who does Philly have that we want? It sure as hell better not be Freddie Mitchell.

Mr. Laz
09-29-2004, 10:55 AM
I keep reading on here that the Chiefs are 5 mil under the cap.

Seems like plenty of money to make a deal happen.

My only question is "Can Carl make it happen?"
I have serious doubts in that area.

i think we have the Money AND the salary cap ... we've had it all along.

but the chiefs would have to admit to lying about that too if they add to the roster.

admitting to mistakes and lies is not something they will do lightly

Demonpenz
09-29-2004, 10:56 AM
like the eagles are stacked with talent already, jeez... gotta love a team trying to reload each year

HC_Chief
09-29-2004, 10:56 AM
Philly? He'd just back up Westbrook.

Who could we get? Trotter?! I'd go apeshit ballistic if we traded a #1 pick away for a guy we could have had for nothing a couple of months ago.

My guess is DV & CP would want Freddie Mitchell... he did play for UCLA, after all :rolleyes:

siberian khatru
09-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Seems Philly maybe could use a fullback as much as a HB. Send 'em Omar Easy!

Demonpenz
09-29-2004, 11:04 AM
send the welborne too

KingPriest2
09-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Davis is coming out of retirement for the Broncos.

BigChiefFan
09-29-2004, 11:09 AM
Wow. This is getting crazy. If Carl does pull off a trade, I will at least give him credit for trying to get us over the hump. I would love to have Trotter, but like HC Chief mentioned, giving up a first round draft pick for a player we could had for free would really solidify Carl's ineptness, IMO.

shaneo69
09-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Wow. This is getting crazy. If Carl does pull off a trade, I will at least give him credit for trying to get us over the hump. I would love to have Trotter, but like HC Chief mentioned, giving up a first round draft pick for a player we could had for free would really solidify Carl's ineptness, IMO.

A Bam Morris flashback, if you will.

Ralphy Boy
09-29-2004, 12:36 PM
I'd take Jerome McDougle who's currently backing up Kearse. Both McDougle & LJ were first rounders last year and have a lot of potential, they just haven't realized it on the field yet. Having gotten back Hugh Douglas who's a backup for them along with Kearse, Burgess & second year man Jamal Green, they might be more inclined to part with their former first rounder. Sad part is I'm not sure DE is as much a priority.

Then again, McDougle is 6'2" 264, so he could be a backup MLB.

Frankie
09-29-2004, 12:53 PM

I disagree. With the recent DV/LJ spat and LJ's well publisized whining Peterson can still claim that drafting LJ was not a mistake. Only that the trade was made to make both sides happy.

jcroft
09-29-2004, 01:48 PM
I'd take Jerome McDougle who's currently backing up Kearse. Both McDougle & LJ were first rounders last year and have a lot of potential, they just haven't realized it on the field yet. Having gotten back Hugh Douglas who's a backup for them along with Kearse, Burgess & second year man Jamal Green, they might be more inclined to part with their former first rounder. Sad part is I'm not sure DE is as much a priority.

Then again, McDougle is 6'2" 264, so he could be a backup MLB.

I like McDougle a lot, but I don't think they'd trade him. Plus, if we're going to trade LJ, it needs to be for a "quick-fix." A DE is not a "quick-fix" like a LB, CB, or WR might be.

Frankie
09-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Who does Philly have that we want? It sure as hell better not be Freddie Mitchell.
Why not? :shrug: I just read up on Mitchell and he seems to be a fair value.

jspchief
09-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Why not? :shrug: I just read up on Mitchell and he seems to be a fair value.

Because he's been in the league for three years and hasn't done sh*t...on a team that was in desperate need of a quality WR. If he wasn't able to stand out playing with the likes of James Thrash, what makes anyone think he'll do something for us?

Demonpenz
09-29-2004, 02:02 PM
i don't want mitchell to leave philly, he is a great 3rd wide out