PDA

View Full Version : Is the average person to call sports radio a moron?

Wile_E_Coyote
09-29-2004, 03:13 PM
On KC sports radio [610 - 810 ?( not much difference)] this morning people where calling in with their most over rated Chief. Overwhelming winner...Tony G. :shake: Trent Green & Greg Wesley fought for second place :shake:

morphius
09-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Well, I have heard KCwolfman and Phobia call in, so yes.

JazzzLovr
Is the average person to call sports radio a moron?

Well, I know that Phil has been on call-in shows fairly often...

Wile_E_Coyote
Yes.

next question

So Whitlock is in his element on 610?

JazzzLovr
09-29-2004, 03:18 PM
Well, I have heard KCwolfman and Phobia call in, so yes.

Curses. Beat me to it. :D

KC Dan
09-29-2004, 03:19 PM
FD Elvis is NOT a moron.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-29-2004, 03:20 PM
FD Elvis is NOT a moron.

FD Elvis is also not average:p

Wile_E_Coyote
09-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Hahaha, I win.

good for you:harumph:

BigRedChief
09-29-2004, 03:23 PM
So he's not a moron or average. Welllll what is he? Do we need a poll? Pics?

Hammock Parties
09-29-2004, 03:23 PM
That's stupid. The most overrated Chiefs, IMO, are Will Shields and Jerome Woods.

Ultra Peanut
09-29-2004, 03:27 PM
Is the average person to call sports radio a moron?Is the average person a moron?

The answer to the above two questons is the same.

KC Jones
09-29-2004, 03:30 PM
That's stupid. The most overrated Chiefs, IMO, are Will Shields and Jerome Woods.

:hmmm:

I agree on Woods, but Shields has continued to play closer to a pro bowl level than Roaf.

KC Dan
09-29-2004, 03:30 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=32089&stc=1

You pick an adjective.
I would say, "Good Looking & Intelligent Guys!"

BigRedChief
09-29-2004, 03:32 PM
Dang he's a mighty handsome man. Making me have impure thoughts. Must rush off to confession now...wait that won't work I'm not Catholic jeeez....Ideas?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=32089&stc=1

You pick an adjective.

Rausch
09-29-2004, 03:37 PM

KC Dan
09-29-2004, 03:40 PM
Vlad?

Hammock Parties
09-29-2004, 03:40 PM
Can you name a different Chief on O that is overrated?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Shields sucks. But I think he's made the pro bowl on reputation the last few years. I still think he's very good, just not in the top two or three.

There's a reason why when we need a yard or two, more often than not we run to the left side.

KC Kings
09-29-2004, 03:44 PM
I couldn't believe that Chit!!! I was so mad that I didn't have the cell phone so I could call in and blast those dumb asses.

"Tony Gonzo is the most overpaid TE in the league" Ever heard of the unproven rookie injured on the sidelines, Mr Winslow?

"All Tony does is catch 4 yard passes!" WTF! He is a tight end, so he isn't supposed to go deep every play, but he still does many times and and comes down with sweet catches.

"All he did was drop balls his rookie year!" WTF kind of statment is that? A few dropped passes as a rookie doesn't make up for a half dozen ProBowl appearances?

I got so mad hearing that crap, I turned the station.

Ultra Peanut
09-29-2004, 03:47 PM
one game at a time...

hi mom...

I'm really proud of the way our guys hung in there.

We were really on our game.

We came to play.

We brought our A-game.

We took them out of their game.

We knew what we had to do and went out and did it.

We proved we're the better team.

We're tickled to death.

We're glad to get out of here with the "W".

They gave us a big scare. (Said when a team narrowly escapes a major upset)

It's tough to win in a hostile environment.

We're happy we could pull this one out at the end.

We feel fortunate.

We knew this would be no cakewalk.

It wasn't pretty but we'll take it.

We managed to eke out a win.

The important thing is that we won.

A win is a win.

This was a good win for us.

This was a confidence booster.

We're going to use this win as a building block.

We'll use this win as a stepping stone to the next level.

We're not going to rest on our laurels.

This win was no fluke.

We finally got the monkey off our backs.

Everyone counted us out before the season started.

It was a hard-fought contest.

It was a total team effort.

I'm happy I could make a contribution.

I was just doing my job.

It was a workman-like effort.

We made our own breaks.

We played our hearts out.

We really took it to 'em.

We snatched victory out of the jaws of defeat.

This team has finally learned how to win.

We weren't going to just lie down.

We weren't going to just roll over.

We knew we had to defend our home turf.

This team always seems to find a way to win.

This team has overcome a lot of adversity.

This team shows a lot of character.

This team shows a lot of poise.

This team shows a lot of pride.

This team shows a lot of resiliency.

This team shows a lot of heart.

We're going to savor this victory.

This team has served notice.

We made a statement here today.

We sent a message here today.

This win is for all the fans.

Our fans were the 12th man today.

We feed off the energy of our fans.

We've got the greatest fans in the world.

I want to thank my Lord and Savior.

It hasn't sunk in yet.

I'm in a state of shock.

I'm speechless.

We shocked the world.

You dream about this as a kid.

This is a dream come true.

This is the greatest feeling in the world.

KC Kings
09-29-2004, 03:49 PM

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Shields sucks. But I think he's made the pro bowl on reputation the last few years. I still think he's very good, just not in the top two or three.

There's a reason why when we need a yard or two, more often than not we run to the left side.

I think it is hard to judge O-lineman against each other, and while his reputation may help him be a regular at the pro-bowl, I think you would have a hard time proving that he isn't one of the best.

As for always running to the right, in short yardage goal line situations don't we almost always run an off tackle or a sweep to the right side? Will Shileds pulls to the outside and helps lead block, and in fact last week he literally ran over one guy and threw another out of the way on a Priest Holmes run.

But, as I look at the lineup, and as bad as our offense is there are obviously overrated players, but I can't pick any outside of the WR's.

Chiefnj
09-29-2004, 03:50 PM

If you honestly think that Shields is going to the Pro Bowl on reputation alone, you are retarded.

Rausch
09-29-2004, 03:54 PM

You better look at those numbers again...

tk13
09-29-2004, 03:54 PM
The independent scouting service that the Chiefs use in the offseason said that Will Shields graded out as the best guard in the league last year.

Deberg_1990
09-29-2004, 03:56 PM
:hmmm:

I agree on Woods, but Shields has continued to play closer to a pro bowl level than Roaf.

Woods is by faaar the most overrated Chief! We should have dumped him last season......The dude cant cover for crap and cant tackle either.......We would lose nothing by getting rid of this guy.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2004, 03:56 PM
If you honestly think that Shields is going to the Pro Bowl on reputation alone, you are retarded.

Not alone, but IMO it's a big part of it.

I really can't think of anyone on offense that could be called overrated. The WRs can't because no one gives them much cred. ROFL

If I had to pick one it would be Shields.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2004, 03:58 PM
You better look at those numbers again...

Look for yourself. I wish I could find last year's splits.

ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
RIGHT SIDE 8 27 3.4 13 1 3 15 5.0 6 0 0 0
LEFT SIDE 9 46 5.1 11 0 1 -6 -6.0 -6 0 0 0
MIDDLE 30 118 3.9 18 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
LEFT SIDELINE 12 77 6.4 33 1 1 5 5.0 5 0 0 0
RIGHT SIDELINE 15 83 5.5 17 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

Rausch
09-29-2004, 04:02 PM
If those numbers are correct that's 21 to the left side and 23 to the right. So we run more to the right side.

And I think a bigger average to the left side is due to the blocking of Roaf over Welborne, not Shields being overrated...

Hammock Parties
09-29-2004, 04:05 PM
If those numbers are correct that's 21 to the left side and 23 to the right. So we run more to the right side.

And I think a bigger average to the left side is due to the blocking of Roaf over Welborne, not Shields being overrated...

I wasn't even looking at # to the left or right side. I was looking at average. There is a large discrepancy.

The #'s don't show what side we run to on third and short, either.

I REALLY wish I could find last year's splits, because splits this early in the year don't say much.

Rausch
09-29-2004, 04:10 PM
I wasn't even looking at # to the left or right side. I was looking at average. There is a large discrepancy.

The #'s don't show what side we run to on third and short, either.

I REALLY wish I could find last year's splits, because splits this early in the year don't say much.

And again, I think that's because in game 1 and 2 Welborne struggled. He didn't play well so we ran away from him.

Green was also getting a lot of pressure from the right side in weeks one and two before Welborne seemed to finally pick it up against the Texans...

Dave Lane
09-29-2004, 06:12 PM
Yes I am.

Dave

Phobia
09-29-2004, 06:34 PM
I have actually discovered that when they click your phone line to on the air, my IQ drops about 40 points. While I wouldn't normally consider myself a total moron - when I'm on the radio, I'm lucky to remember my own name.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2004, 06:37 PM
I have actually discovered that when they click your phone line to on the air, my IQ drops about 40 points. While I wouldn't normally consider myself a total moron - when I'm on the radio, I'm lucky to remember my own name.

Performance anxiety, phobes?

Braincase
09-29-2004, 06:47 PM
I can only speak for myself, and yes, I am.

Phobia
09-29-2004, 06:48 PM
I guess that's what they call it. I'm not scared to talk in front of people and I'm fine on TV. There's something about the radio, though.... I need to resist the urge to call in the future.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2004, 06:49 PM
I guess that's what they call it. I'm not scared to talk in front of people and I'm fine on TV. There's something about the radio, though.... I need to resist the urge to call in the future.

Just picture the radio hosts in their underwear.

morphius
09-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Why imagine, when the real thing is right here...

http://www.61sports.com/610am/dp3.asp

Morphius
My eyes, oh for the love of god my eyes!!!

Rain Man
09-30-2004, 09:02 AM
It's always been my perception that the average person is a moron, whether they're on the radio or not.

Skip Towne
09-30-2004, 09:10 AM
You do quite a bit of that don't you meatpeeker?

Hammock Parties
09-30-2004, 11:07 AM
You do quite a bit of that don't you meatpeeker?

No, I like to picture them sans undies. Get it right or I'll go paparazzi on your crotch.