PDA

View Full Version : "Lost" part 2 on ABC Tonight!

Deberg_1990
09-29-2004, 03:46 PM
Part 2 of the pilot episode airs tonight....I cant wait....this is the best new show of the fall.

This series could go anywhere there are so many characters they have to play with.....and just want is that monster lurking in the jungle??

Ultra Peanut
09-29-2004, 03:48 PM
My Tivo is waiting with bated breath.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2004, 03:49 PM
What is the show about, besides a bunch of ****ers on a desert island?

Nzoner
09-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Part 2 of the pilot episode airs tonight....I cant wait....this is the best new show of the fall.

This series could go anywhere there are so many characters they have to play with.....and just want is that monster lurking in the jungle??

I'm willing to give it one more episode because so far it seems like it's going to be nothing more than a long drawn out Jurrasic Park.

Ultra Peanut
09-29-2004, 03:51 PM
It's not a dinosaur(s).

Deberg_1990
09-29-2004, 03:51 PM
I'm willing to give it one more episode because so far it seems like it's going to be nothing more than a long drawn out Jurrasic Park.

nah.....i dont think its a dinosaur..thats too obvious for such a smart show......So far...its supposed to be about the characters more than monsters....thats just a jumping off point from what ive heard...

oldandslow
09-29-2004, 03:57 PM
I think it is a cross between x-files, castaway, and lord of the flies.

It would be a better show if it droppen 1 & 2 and just kept the "building a society" angle.

Still, it is more interesting than 99% of the stuff on tv.

Deberg_1990
09-29-2004, 03:59 PM
It would be a better show if it droppen 1 & 2 and just kept the "building a society" angle.

I have a feeling thats where it will go......probably break off into a good camp and bad camp...

Thig Lyfe
09-29-2004, 05:55 PM
I hope that it's not a dinosaur. That would suck.

I'm thinking it will become a modern day version of Lord of the Flies, only with adults instead of boys. There are already similarities, like the "monster" and the dead pilot hanging from the tree. Maybe the fat guy could be Piggy?

Great show so far.

Deberg_1990
09-29-2004, 06:07 PM
Wow..that was interesting..so Charlies a druggie? Hmmmm

KcMizzou
09-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Heh... former member of the Republican Guard on the plane. That'd get your attention.

Edit* A fugging polar bear?!? :spock:

Deberg_1990
09-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Wanna know a secret? hehehehe

Thats not just any bear..its a polar bear.....

Iowanian
09-29-2004, 06:41 PM
I hope it eats that ignorant whining princess Blonde biatch.

KcMizzou
09-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Wanna know a secret? hehehehe

Thats not just any bear..its a polar bear..... The old man's conversation about backgammon really reminded me of "The Stand"

"You have a light side... and you have a dark side"

Deberg_1990
09-29-2004, 06:42 PM
The old man's conversation about backgammon really reminded me of "The Stand"

"You have a light side... and you have a dark side"

Yea..think was a little foreshadowing or what??

KcMizzou
09-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Yea..think was a little foreshadowing or what??
Sure seemed that way...

Deberg_1990
09-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Guys...where are we??

Man, what a classic setup....i hope the rest of the episodes are this good! this show has alot of potential!

Iowanian
09-29-2004, 06:57 PM
At least if they're going to be there that long.......there are a couple of hot chics to poke.

KcMizzou
09-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Guys...where are we??

Man, what a classic setup....i hope the rest of the episodes are this good! this show has alot of potential! They've set up a million story lines for future episodes too. Good show... I like it.

KcMizzou
09-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Repeat of both episodes back-to-back on Saturday, for anyone who's missed it.

Brando
09-29-2004, 07:04 PM
I'll have to check this out on Saturday..since I'm stuck at work on Weds nights.
So...the lesbian dinosaur turned out to be a polar bear?

Deberg_1990
09-29-2004, 07:06 PM
I'll have to check this out on Saturday..since I'm stuck at work on Weds nights.
So...the lesbian dinosaur turned out to be a polar bear?

nope..apparantly..there are lesbo Dinos and Polar Bears both running around on this island.....who knows what else might be out there??

KcMizzou
09-29-2004, 07:07 PM
So...the lesbian dinosaur turned out to be a polar bear? Nah.. the thing in the woods was much bigger. No explanation for the polar bear yet.

They did pick up a taped distress call from a french woman that'd been running for 16 years so far.

I'd worry about spoilers, but since none of us know wtf's going on yet... I don't figure it's a big deal.

Rausch
09-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Repeat of both episodes back-to-back on Saturday, for anyone who's missed it.

That would be me. Couldn't suck any worse than the Jones Jr. fight last saturday... :rolleyes:

Brando
09-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Nah.. the thing in the woods was much bigger. No explanation for the polar bear yet.

They did pick up a taped distress call from a french woman that'd been running for 16 years so far.

I'd worry about spoilers, but since none of us know wtf's going on yet... I don't figure it's a big deal.

Maybe it was the French woman's armpits that ate the pilot?

RedNFeisty
09-29-2004, 07:35 PM
My little one started screaming play with me when the brunette chick had her flash back. What was she being taken in for?

KcMizzou
09-29-2004, 07:36 PM
My little one started screaming play with me when the brunette chick had her flash back. What was she being taken in for? They never said....

Miles
09-29-2004, 07:40 PM
I think this guy may have been on the island at one time...

http://superpopo.chez.tiscali.fr/MEPHISTO.JPG

Deberg_1990
09-29-2004, 07:41 PM
They never said....

Nope..all the Marshall ever said was.....something like: Maybe you wont be found guilty? Or something like that.....

KcMizzou
09-29-2004, 07:42 PM
I think this guy may have been on the island at one time...

http://superpopo.chez.tiscali.fr/MEPHISTO.JPG Kinda looks that way... I'm leaning more toward the mad scientist angle all the time. Seems maybe a plane has crashed there before... maybe someone's making it happen... some kind of weird experiment??

Miles
09-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Nope..all the Marshall ever said was.....something like: Maybe you wont be found guilty? Or something like that.....

They made it seem like she was being taken somewhere for a trial and she had a story the marshall didnt believe.

Frazod
09-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Just finished watching it. Next week looks awesome, too.

I love this show. Weird and twisted. Sort of a Twilight Zone meets Gilligans Island type of thing.

I wonder what happens when the hobbit runs out of smack? :hmmm:

KcMizzou
09-29-2004, 08:00 PM
I wonder what happens when the hobbit runs out of smack? :hmmm: I thought about that too. He's gonna be a hurtin' unit. Hell... he was hurtin' on the plane.

That's what I meant about having a million story lines... this thing is wide open. They can fill a ton of episodes with the seeds they've planted.

Frazod
09-29-2004, 08:02 PM
I thought about that too. He's gonna be a hurtin' unit. Hell... he was hurtin' on the plane.

That's what I meant about having a million story lines... this thing is wide open. They can fill a ton of episodes with the seeds they've planted.

Agreed. The only bad part is waiting (and hoping they don't f#ck it up).

Valiant
09-29-2004, 08:29 PM
not dinosaurs but a big ****ing polar bear...

damn they brought out the polar bear already.. let me know if you all want to know about the other weird creatures that are not suppose to be there...

i read the script about five months ago...

Deberg_1990
09-29-2004, 09:25 PM
not dinosaurs but a big ****ing polar bear...

damn they brought out the polar bear already.. let me know if you all want to know about the other weird creatures that are not suppose to be there...

i read the script about five months ago...

no please dont...i want to let the pleasures unfold in all their un-adulterated beauty...This show has "cult classic" written all over it..

Ultra Peanut
09-29-2004, 10:20 PM
That was badass. Loved it. I just wish they had aired the pilot as a whole last week instead of splitting it.

Then we'd have seen the next episode tonight instead of waiting another week.

I love this show. Weird and twisted. Sort of a Twilight Zone meets Gilligans Island type of thing.During the scene where they were talking about the radio not working, I was thinking, "That's fine. The professor will make one for us out of a coconut."

Ultra Peanut
09-29-2004, 10:31 PM
"Look, a rescue plane! We're saved! YAAAAY!"

Nzoner
09-29-2004, 10:35 PM
I have a feeling that poor kid is going to find his dog just in time for it to be the main course.

Frazod
09-29-2004, 10:41 PM
I have a feeling that poor kid is going to find his dog just in time for it to be the main course.

Nah, the dog will live. Of course, it may end up being mutated into a giant polar dog monster and eat the kid. That would be cool. :D

KcMizzou
09-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Nah, the dog will live. Of course, it may end up being mutated into a giant polar dog monster and eat the kid. That would be cool. :D ROFL Almost as cool as lesbian vampire dinosaurs.

Demonpenz
09-29-2004, 11:21 PM
I guess they run into some kind of tribe, and the leader is Whitlock, and there are woman fanning him and feeding him grapes, like a black jabba the hut

Rain Man
09-30-2004, 12:13 AM
I was in an airport tonight, and this show was on the television at the gate. Everybody got really quiet during the scene where the plane was breaking apart and people were grabbing for the oxygen masks. I had to fight the urge to start yelling, "For the love of god, put your seat backs and tray tables to the upright position! The upright position!"

Fairplay
09-30-2004, 12:30 AM
I caught the episode. I will catch the first one Saturday. The show looks great. There is a lot of potential for where the show could lead off too.

There is only 3 shows on TV that i want to keep up with now.

Ultra Peanut
09-30-2004, 02:34 AM
I was in an airport tonight, and this show was on the television at the gate. Everybody got really quiet during the scene where the plane was breaking apart and people were grabbing for the oxygen masks. I had to fight the urge to start yelling, "For the love of god, put your seat backs and tray tables to the upright position! The upright position!"Seriously. This show is going to do wonders for the already-thriving airline industry.

Ultra Peanut
09-30-2004, 02:57 AM
Saw this on another forum:

What I heard was this:
"Il est dehors." (It [or he] is outside.)
"Venez nous aider." (Come help us.)
"Il les a tués, il les a tous tués." (It [or he] killed them, it killed them all.)

I don't think she translated word for word, but she got the spirit of the message.Wow, I actually felt a chill run down my spine when I read that.

Pretty damn awesome, considering it was just the pilot. I can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Ultra Peanut
09-30-2004, 05:58 AM
Gotta love those people on the intarweb who understand those kerazy foreign languages:

For those interested, here's a translation of the stuff the Korean couple were saying:

Michael: Hey, have you seen my boy?
Korean Lady: I'm sorry, I can't speak English [blank staring] ... I can't speak English.
Koreany Dude: Your shirt's open, close it! Quickly!
Michael: ...

Kate: [washes]
Korean Lady: Excuse me (my korean ain't hip enough to give you 100% here, but yeah ... this is it in a gist, she might have also been saying something akin to "excuse me, miss"), but everything must be ready, they're all looking (for you).
Korean Dude: Hey you! (Or, the Korean equivalent to 'yo', actually) This is food, try one.
Hurly: S'up?
Korean Dude: This is sea urchin, it's really delicious. Try one.
Hurly: What, that?
Korean Dude: If you eat this, it'll give you some strength, it's okay to eat.
Hurly: What, eat that?
Korean Dude: *Eat it*, there's plenty, just - just *try* one ...
Hurly: Dude, dude ... I'm starving ...
Korean Dude: Yeah, yeah yeah ... (this makes me think he understands English)
Hurly: But not that starving. No thank you!

Incidently, there are certain ways to talk in Korean, you can say the same thing but depending upon certain words you add or don't add it can totally change the formality or the ... politeness of the words. Korean Dude is pretty polite to Hurly at first, if you notice he says "yo" at the end of each sentence - but as Hurly rejects him he gets a bit more abrupt, or less formal with him - language changes a bit. No more "yo", yo.

Also, he never speaks "politely" or respectfully towards his wife.

Korean Dude: This is *sea urchin*, try one.
Pregnant Lady: Er, nooo ... thank you.
Korean Dude: It's really important you eat this because of your baby, just have one. Have one. (I really don't think he was trying to poison her or anything here, because why would he tell her it's important she eat for her baby's sake if she doesn't understand what he's saying anyway?)
Pregnant Lady: [eats one]
Korean Dude: This one, yes ... eat it. There you go ... good isn't it? Have another one.
Pregnant Lady: [spazzes]
Korean Dude: What ... Are you okay? Are you okay?
Pregnant Lady: OMG FEEL THIS PLZTHX
Korean Dude: No, no, I don't want to, I don't want to ... Oh ..
Pregnant Lady: Do you feel that!?
Korean Dude: Oo ... I don't like it.
Pregnant Lady: That's a foot! That's a kick!
Korean Dude: Hand ... hand ... let go of my hand, will you?

He's polite to the pregnant lady through that whole thing, although he obviously thinks she's a bit of a freak.

Hope that helped some peeps :)

Frazod
09-30-2004, 08:44 AM
Gotta love those people on the intarweb who understand those kerazy foreign languages:

Well, I didn't have to speak Korean to realize that he was just looking for a round eye to use as a guinea pig to make sure the food isn't poisonous. What a dick.

Hopefully he'll get eaten by the Great White Bear soon. :D