PDA

View Full Version : A new personal record.

Rain Man
09-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Anyone who's ever driven cross-country can probably beat me on this, but I just finished up a project where I've been on the road for the past couple of weeks. In the past 17 days, I've slept in six different states and set foot in ten if you count airport stops: Colorado, Nevada*, California, Arizona*, Georgia, New Jersey, New York, Ohio*, Illinois*, and Minnesota.

Pretty cool, eh? Who can beat it?

* - Airport only.

ptlyon
09-30-2004, 09:18 AM
"I've been everywhere, Man..."

Skip Towne
09-30-2004, 09:22 AM
"I've been everywhere, Man..."
You been to Winnemucah?

badgirl
09-30-2004, 09:25 AM
Anyone who's ever driven cross-country can probably beat me on this, but I just finished up a project where I've been on the road for the past couple of weeks. In the past 17 days, I've slept in six different states and set foot in ten if you count airport stops: Colorado, Nevada*, California, Arizona*, Georgia, New Jersey, New York, Ohio*, Illinois*, and Minnesota.

Pretty cool, eh? Who can beat it?

* - Airport only.
I used to drive a big truck does that count?

Phobia
I used to travel to different states to setup network servers. I'd go to Pittsburgh and set up a server, drive down to West Virginia that night and setup another.... then I'd fly to Denver to set them up. I got bonused for completing the project on time, so I knocked out tons of them. One week I billed 118 hours.

So, I guess I can probably beat your record, but I'll disqualify myself because I didn't really keep score.

ptlyon
You been to Winnemucah?

Ontario? Yes.

KcMizzou
09-30-2004, 09:26 AM
Winnemucah? Bless you.

KingPriest2
09-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Back in 94 I traveled quite a bit.

Spring break it was during the blizzard of 94 We were going to drive to Toronto and the on down to DC out to Indiana. But we got stopped in Indy. The next day we drove to Milwuake while stopping in Chicago for the Sears Tower and back to Louisville in one day. We then went to DC.

So that trip we went thru Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Ohio, Virginia.

That summer (the Flood of 94) My brother and I drove to Alaska and the western US for 37 days. We left June 12th and got back July 19th. We drove thru Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, The Yukon, Alaska, California, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, and Iowa. 14,000 miles

2bikemike
09-30-2004, 10:17 AM
Well last year some of you may recall that I travelled the country on my Harley. I hit 35 states in 6 weeks. I rode 16,000 miles. My objective was to hit all 4 corners of the US and attend Harleys 100th anniversary. I accomplished this goal and had a great time. The only state I missed that I wanted to hit was South Carolina. Hurricane Isabel prevented that and forced me through Atlanta.

My next goal is to ride up to Alaska. The only 2 states that I have not been in now are Alaska and South Carolina.

Crap I forgot to add 3 Canadian Provinces On my trip last year as well.

What ever one Niagra falls is in and then Quebec and New Foundland as well.

morphius
09-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Best I can do is a drive out to Cali from KC and back...

Kansas Colorada Wyoming Utah Nevada California Arizona New Mexico Texas Oklahoma

10, thats not bad. Though I did it over a period of a month, drive out, flew home while the wife got discahrged, flew back and drove home.

One trip to MN would have been 7. Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota.

J Diddy
09-30-2004, 10:25 AM
missouri, arkansas, tennesee, mississippi, alabama, georgia, south carolina

IN a car with a 1 year old, a 5 year old, and a 12 year old and my wife.

You tell me who won.

morphius
09-30-2004, 10:33 AM

You tell me who won.
My son was a month old and breast feeding, pull over, feed, pull over change, pull over gas, pull ovahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Rain Man
09-30-2004, 10:41 AM

You tell me who won.

My guess would be the makers of Advil.