KcMizzou
09-30-2004, 04:14 PM
On what channel? 810?Whitlock's on 610

Hammock Parties
Is there a web feed?

Wile_E_Coyote
Rhonda Moss reporting a source she feels comortable with, L J will be traded to the Bucs during the bye week. For what, unknown

Rain Man
09-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Wow. That'll be entertaining.

Hammock Parties
09-30-2004, 04:16 PM
I'm guessing there's no audio feed? I don't see one on their site.

Dave Lane
09-30-2004, 04:19 PM
Lets here a update from someone...

Dave

tk13
09-30-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm guessing there's no audio feed? I don't see one on their site.
No they don't have one, somebody is gonna have to do some play-by-play...

Wile_E_Coyote
09-30-2004, 04:20 PM
update, my radio just went to full static mode :mad:

KC Dan
09-30-2004, 04:46 PM
Update?

Anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller, Anyone

the Talking Can
09-30-2004, 04:47 PM
asked CP if he regretted drafting LJ...."No, we had no choice. Priest was on crutches."

Asked about trade rumors....vaguely talked about "inquiries"...neither denied nor confirmed

talked about last year's FA signings...."They're good players. Our defense went from 31st to 29th, not good enough."

Basically just blathering about believing in every player he has signed....and I mean blathering, he's rambling like Gunther right now

His standard for judgement is "Will our defense be better than 29th?"

Whitlock asked straight up, "How could you watch the Colts game and resign those players?"

CP babbling...something about "they were being asked to do inappropriate things".....I guess, blaming GR for all of it

"I knew what was being asked of them...you and the fans don't"

Talks about Hugh Douglas....Says you can only sign a bunch of FA's every other year, or every 3rd year because of the cap...

KC Dan
09-30-2004, 04:49 PM
gracias TC

for you Endelt!

the Talking Can
09-30-2004, 04:51 PM
He's not asking the obvious question, why haven't we won a playoff game in 11 years?.....this interview is boring

Sure-Oz
09-30-2004, 04:53 PM
He needs to ask him when will he resign.

the Talking Can
09-30-2004, 04:59 PM
well, that was worthless....

tk13
09-30-2004, 05:01 PM
Not having heard it, it still sounds like to me that we're working with a two year window here and that CP may go balls to the wall for one last run during DV's final year...

KC Dan
09-30-2004, 05:03 PM
geez, we are in year 3298? of his 5 year plan. He's a buffoon.

KC Dan
09-30-2004, 05:03 PM
?
sounded like you were having trouble with non-english posting in another thread. Just though I'd help you out.

KC Dan
09-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Oh.

I'm slow.

I can deal with a little Spanish, tho.
Domo Arigato

FloridaChief
09-30-2004, 05:10 PM
Not having heard it, it still sounds like to me that we're working with a two year window here and that CP may go balls to the wall for one last run during DV's final year...

That's pretty much what Ivan Carter said on his ESPN interview. The free agent signings/veteran signings of the last year-and-a-half or so were set up so the Chiefs would have a 3-year window for a championship: 2003 (Blew it), 2004 (looking shakey) and 2005...after '05, we're looking at some older players retiring and some stars with contracts expiring or blowing up with unreasonable salaries...

the Talking Can
09-30-2004, 05:32 PM

I honestly didn't get the impression they had any plan at all...CP sounded as clueless as anyone else...he certainly didn't say anything about spending money or signing FA's next year

ROYC75
09-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Rhonda Moss reporting a source she feels comortable with, L J will be traded to the Bucs during the bye week. For what, unknown

Why wait till the bye week ? And of course, it is Rhonda ! :rolleyes:

Rausch
09-30-2004, 05:42 PM
:harumph:

Wile_E_Coyote
09-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Why wait till the bye week ? And of course, it is Rhonda ! :rolleyes:

:shrug:

buc BB "rumor":--and as some places are reporting, the negoations would involve: "WR McCardell and MLB Quarles" for "RB Johnson and T Bober (or something like that0"

Sure-Oz
09-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Isn't shelton quarles pretty good?

Hammock Parties
09-30-2004, 06:22 PM
Isn't shelton quarles pretty good?

Better than any middle linebacker on KC's roster.

We can all forget it happening though. It won't.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-30-2004, 06:31 PM
throw this rumor out the window, Buc pipedream: McKardell(34) Quarles(33) for LJ Bober & a KC second :rolleyes:

AirForceChief
09-30-2004, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=the Talking Can]His standard for judgement is "Will our defense be better than 29th?"

Whitlock asked straight up, "How could you watch the Colts game and resign those players?"

CP babbling...something about "they were being asked to do inappropriate things".....I guess, blaming GR for all of it

"I knew what was being asked of them...you and the fans don't"
QUOTE]

God forbid you explain what "was being asked of them"...did it include ensuring nearly all third and long opportunities be converted by our opponents? What a condescending azz monkey...I'm sure CP's right, even if he blessed us with an explanation we just wouldn't get it. :cuss:

Wile_E_Coyote
09-30-2004, 09:58 PM
<FONT color=white><FONT color=white><FONT color=white><FONT color=white><FONT color=white><FONT color=white><FONT color=white><FONT color=white></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT><FONT size=5>ucs Nix Deal For McCardell</FONT>
<FONT size=5>http://media.tbo.com/tbo/images/spacer.gif
</FONT>Published: Oct 1, 2004 http://media.tbo.com/tbo/images/spacer.gif
http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGBACWTQRZD.htmlTAMPA - A spokesman for holdout receiver Keenan McCardell's agent said the Bucs turned down an offer to trade McCardell to Kansas City for running back Larry Johnson on Thursday. According to Steve Caric, a league source informed him of the offer and its rejection. The Bucs, who have not acknowledged any offer, have no interest in Johnson, team sources said. Earlier this week, Coach Jon Gruden reiterated his desire to have McCardell return. ``We want to get the guy in here,'' Gruden said. ``We like Keenan. We miss him, wish he was here. I'm sorry if there are feelings that are hurt. I realize we're at an impasse. No progress has been made. ``The frustrations are escalating, but we want him back. We want him back. He's part of our football team, and we need him. I want to get it done. I want to get it worked out.'' Roy Cummings

The Bad Guy
09-30-2004, 10:27 PM
Tampa Bay may have a dumber organization than we do if they really turned down a player who is one year removed from being a #1 pick for a 34 year old player who has 1 or 2 years left.

Sure-Oz
09-30-2004, 10:51 PM
TB is pretty stupid, im glad it was nixed.

TEX
10-01-2004, 12:05 AM

I've thought that all along. Problem is the approach we took last off season means that we will not be able to gat all the players we need in one year...

KCTitus
10-01-2004, 06:05 AM
geez, we are in year 3298? of his 5 year plan. He's a buffoon.

Like clockwork a CP thread is accompanied with the 5 year plan joke...Ive got to find a way to get this into The Lexicon. This is stuff of genious (chiefsplanet spelling).

whoman69
10-01-2004, 06:54 AM
If this trade was as advertised: a young #1 draft pick, our primary backup on Oline and a high draft pick for a couple of 30 + year olds, then I'm ecstatic it didn't go thru. This would have been the Herschel Walker trade in reverse. Picking up old veterans for this year so that we can come closer to being a .500 team is not the answer. The odds of this team making the playoffs are remote so mortgaging your future for that shot is not only idiotic, its downright irresponsible.

htismaqe
10-01-2004, 08:31 AM
If this trade was as advertised: a young #1 draft pick, our primary backup on Oline and a high draft pick for a couple of 30 + year olds, then I'm ecstatic it didn't go thru. This would have been the Herschel Walker trade in reverse. Picking up old veterans for this year so that we can come closer to being a .500 team is not the answer. The odds of this team making the playoffs are remote so mortgaging your future for that shot is not only idiotic, its downright irresponsible.

I totally agree.

There's absolutely no SANE reason to trade for McCardell now...we've got a roughly 1 in 56 chance of making the playoffs. We should be thinking about the future.

ChiefGator
10-01-2004, 09:11 AM
Like clockwork a CP thread is accompanied with the 5 year plan joke...Ive got to find a way to get this into The Lexicon. This is stuff of genious (chiefsplanet spelling).

We need a button on the side of each thread that you can push. Upon pushing it, the following will be inserted into your message:

"Fire Carl and his 5 year plan. Fire the Blackledge-drafting Peterson."

Am I missing anything?

KCTitus
10-01-2004, 09:16 AM
We need a button on the side of each thread that you can push. Upon pushing it, the following will be inserted into your message:

"Fire Carl and his 5 year plan. Fire the Blackledge-drafting Peterson."

Am I missing anything?

LOL...

Personally, I would prefer the texts of:

"Hey look, we're only in year XXX of the 5 year plan!"
--and--
"Damn, I'll never forgive Carl for drafting Blackledge"

But I like the idea!

:thumb:

Rausch
10-01-2004, 10:57 AM
I've thought that all along. Problem is the approach we took last off season means that we will not be able to gat all the players we need in one year... :rolleyes: