PDA

View Full Version : A plan to wake up the front office....

dtebbe
10-01-2004, 08:16 AM
If this losing streak continues I think drastic measures will need to be taken to wake up the front office. There is nothing wrong with being loyal fans, but how long can we continue to support the current front office?

Anyone remember when just about every New Orleans Saints fan showed up with, and wore a paper bag over thier head for every game? Seeing that on TV was a powerful statement, and I think that's what finally lead the Saints to make some changes. I mean just think about it, all these years KC fans have put up with just missing the big one, not making the playoffs, taking a RB in the first round of the draft when we needed defense, etc. etc. etc. Now they show up with paper bags... that would be powerful, and inexpensive to do. I know it's drastic, but I think it would really embarass the front office. Apparently the product they put on the field does not. I don't know if you guys remember, but those images of all the fans with the bags were really something...

DT

Gaz
10-01-2004, 08:19 AM
Yeah, that would be constructive.

xoxo~
Gaz
Fresh out of paper bags.

gblowfish
10-01-2004, 08:23 AM
You live in Atlanta? How many Chiefs games do you make it to, I mean, since you're giving constructive advice to those of us who actually sit in the stands?

If you're really committed, come to Arrowhead and wear a clear plastic bag over your head, and tie it off around your neck. You'll be martyred, and you'll get 71 virgins in the afterlife. It'll be the equivalent of a Chiefs Jihad!!

KCTitus
10-01-2004, 08:29 AM
Or dress up as an 'empty seat'...that'd work to.

How about everyone bring a sign that says 'fire carl' or something genious (chiefplanet spelling) like that and hold it up during the entire game.

Oh no, wait...here's a good one. No one make a sound during the game...make it quiet as a church. How eerie would that be to play in silence in front of 80k.

BigRedChief
10-01-2004, 08:32 AM
Chiefs Jihad . ROFL Rep

One questionn though...What if I help him tie off the bag...Does he owe me some virgins?

B2chiefsfan
10-01-2004, 08:32 AM
Or dress up as an 'empty seat'...that'd work to.

How about everyone bring a sign that says 'fire carl' or something genious (chiefplanet spelling) like that and hold it up during the entire game.

Oh no, wait...here's a good one. No one make a sound during the game...make it quiet as a church. How eerie would that be to play in silence in front of 80k.

Carl would squirm in his seat.

Better yet, after the first kick off, everyone get up and leave. I mean everyone.

ROYC75
10-01-2004, 08:37 AM
Carl would squirm in his seat.

Better yet, after the first kick off, everyone get up and leave. I mean everyone.

Oh man, that would be the talk of the country ! That would get the job done, but to the diehard fans, they would never leave.

OK, this will never happen !

xposter
10-01-2004, 08:44 AM
How many teams in the NFL have been to a Superbowl?

How many have not.

What we have now is not what we want as fans, but something that you must remember: We did not have the success during the 72-88 time frame that most of the NFL teams had, we may have been the worst (no research done, just an opinion) team during that time. That's 16 years!!! What has the Chiefs record been since CP has been a part of the organization?

We all want bragging rights so we can say that we are the SB winners, but so does 31 other teams fans. Only two a year get in and we haven't cracked the code since 1969. Does that mean that we can't with the people we have in the front office? I don't think it means that at all. Could they make better choices? Yes, but each and every one of us that are fans have made mistakes in our jobs and lives, should we be fired? If you are a bad dad/mom, should you be fired? If your kid ends up in jail, should you be fired? If your kid ends up as a politician, should you be fired? (Acutally the answer is yes on the last one!!).

Do you get the point? It isn't happening right now because it may not be our time, patience is a virtue......we are very virtuious at the moment, but I say hang in there, the change will come in due time that gets us back to where the fans want us.

If any of you think that the fans desires are differnt than that of the front office you obviously don't have a clue as to what we have there.

B2chiefsfan
10-01-2004, 08:45 AM
Oh man, that would be the talk of the country ! That would get the job done, but to the diehard fans, they would never leave.

OK, this will never happen !

I know it would never happen, but WHOA, if it ever did take place............:)

ChiTown
10-01-2004, 08:47 AM
You live in Atlanta? How many Chiefs games do you make it to, I mean, since you're giving constructive advice to those of us who actually sit in the stands?

If you're really committed, come to Arrowhead and wear a clear plastic bag over your head, and tie it off around your neck. You'll be martyred, and you'll get 71 virgins in the afterlife. It'll be the equivalent of a Chiefs Jihad!!

ROFL . That was pretty damned funny, in a lot of ways.....

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-01-2004, 08:48 AM
I was sure "get them an alarm clock" was gonna be the first suggestion...

Wilson
10-01-2004, 08:50 AM

I was born in MO and now live in MO. But between that time I lived in North Carolina for 5 years and the whole time I was just as "loyal", "contributing" and/or "real" fan as you.

Keep your high horse in the barn till you know what its like to be out of state.

gblowfish
10-01-2004, 09:07 AM
I was born in MO and now live in MO. But between that time I lived in North Carolina for 5 years and the whole time I was just as "loyal", "contributing" and/or "real" fan as you.

Keep your high horse in the barn till you know what its like to be out of state.
You're welcome to stick your head in a plastic bad too if you like. Ain't no thing to me. Knock yourself out.

Rain Man
10-01-2004, 09:27 AM
Just to shake things up, I'm not going to watch this week's game until Monday.

BigRedChief
10-01-2004, 09:29 AM

If we win we now know why. We shall all bow before the great Rainman for delvering us from despair. :arrow:

yakkyakk
10-01-2004, 09:31 AM
WEAR DIAPERS OVER YOUR HEAD ITS EVEN BETTER THAN BROWN PAPER BAGS!!!!!!!!!!

Skip Towne
10-01-2004, 09:41 AM
You're such a rebel.

Bearcat
10-01-2004, 09:59 AM

That would be cool... or even if we're losing at halftime. The look on the players' faces when they go back onto the field would be priceless ROFL

How many teams in the NFL have been to a Superbowl?

How many have not.

We all want bragging rights so we can say that we are the SB winners, but so does 31 other teams fans. Only two a year get in...

It isn't happening right now because it may not be our time.

The many teams that had/have no chance at making the SB have nothing to do with our situation. No one here is complaining about the Chiefs of the 80's or late 90's.

It's not about the other 31 teams that didn't win the SB. It's about the much, much smaller group of teams that have a legit chance of winning the SB in a given year. We've been part of that group a few times in the last 10 years and have NOTHING to show for it.... and to be knocked out of that group 3 weeks into the season sucks even more.

And to just say "it's not our time" is BS... if anything, our time was last year & this year. If the Eagles don't win a SB soon, and slip into mediocrity, tell one of them it "just wasn't your time".... Let me know how that goes.

kczoo
10-01-2004, 10:21 AM
Kudos on the idea, but what we would be doing is demoralizing every Chief on that field. They couldnt look up and step up with 78,000 people laughing at them. I hear ya, but it would hurt the wrong people. :hmmm:

kczoo
10-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Lets not factor in the moons and crapp like that, but reality...

NOT the same offense; it has changed

Injuries

Play calling

Older players

Mis-managment

Bad ref calls

Good ref calls......BAD Chief BAD!!

Penalties

Dudes and Dudettes every tem has this, but these are factors that we continue to factor in weekly. We are killing ourselves with the math. Most teams are figuring out the variables and fixing the problem, we need a friggin' TUTOR!

dtebbe
10-01-2004, 12:29 PM

I graduated high school in 1988, joined the army, had the family tape games and mail them to me when I was in Greece. Got back to the states in 1991, and got on the season ticket waiting list, even though I was stationed at Ft. Knox KY and could not really afford them. Moved to IN, FL, and then GA in 1993. Went to chiefs games in Atlanta, Tampa, Charlotte, Cinci. and anywhere else I could go within a day's drive. Finally got my season tickets in 2000, and I fly up for 3 or 4 games a year. Still go to games close to me, this year we are going to Tampa and New Orleans, in addition to the Colts, Falcons, and New England games.

So if you are going to talk shit about my effort to go to games, go talk it somewhere else bitch.

The Chiefs front office has gotten waay too comfortable with standing pat, it's time for them to make some REAL moves.

And, the hell with the virgins... I've stated many times before that 2 or 3 dirty sluts would be just fine with me LOL.

DT